PDA

View Full Version : Ana... number one?????

firstseed89
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:25 AM
just a thought

If ana were to win the open next month wat are her chances at number one??

If she wins, obviously maria doesnt defend, loses the majority of her points and most likely ends somewhere outside the top 5. if Justine doesnt defend her finals points (very possible) ana who would be the number 2 player most likely would have a good shot at taking the number one spot with a good showing at YEC.

think about it. qrts (or was it 4th round ) at australia, finals at RG, semis at Wimbly and possible Win at USO? She would be the most consistent player at the slams this year and therefore have a good shot at number 1 ala 2005 lindsay davenport.

Pasta-Na
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:34 AM
omg :tape: :scared:

Pasta-Na
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:34 AM
sure she wont meet venus or serena in QF or SF? :shrug:

firstseed89
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:38 AM
double post

firstseed89
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:39 AM
she could very well DEAFEAT venus or serena at the open. I honestly think one of those three will win. Serena is far too fragile too consistently win and Venus as far as im concerned is the biggest headcase on the tour. its not impossible. In fact its very possible.

OZTENNIS
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:41 AM
omg nice thread :spit:

there's no way ana will be no.1 after the US Open

Pasta-Na
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:47 AM
and she has 0 point to defend in USO? :shrug:

OZTENNIS
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Ana has heaps of points to defend from last years Canadian Open too, don't forget

Hantu515
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:51 AM
If Ana doesn't win that means Maria doesn't defend her points doesn't make sense. Maria doesn't need to rewin to defend she needs to make the final due to the ranking points change

Justine only needs to make the semis to defend her final.

Based on this an Ana victory puts her at #2 about 100-200 points ahead of Sharapova, 300-400 points BEHIND Justine.
Sure if she won a couple tournament or 2 and Justine didn't and then did good at YEC she could.

I think it's giving her too much. Plus everyone would still know Justine is still #1, she's number 1 without the Australian Open now.

firstseed89
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:04 AM
ana only has 3rd round at the open and win at toronto to defend. its possible people.

Tenis Srbija
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:13 AM
sure she wont meet venus or serena in QF or SF? :shrug:

Low ( :ras: ) but :lol: as well...
Hope she won't :unsure:

Ntour
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:34 AM
if justine keeps YE#1 nobody will be overtaking her next year when you add on the AO

Chunchun
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:53 AM
think about it. qrts (or was it 4th round ) at australia, finals at RG, semis at Wimbly and possible Win at USO? She would be the most consistent player at the slams this year and therefore have a good shot at number 1 ala 2005 lindsay davenport.

No. She lost 1 & 2 to Zvonareva in 3r :o

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:15 AM
If Ana does better than Maria & Jelena at US Open (for example SF to QF) she has a great chance of being #2. #1 this year? No way, unless she wins every tournament she enters. The only pts Justine has to defend after US Open are from Madrid, so she's not losing this #1 ranking.

Hashim.
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
:hysteric:

frontier
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Its possible but winning a slam its not happening this year.I like Ana but I dont see her winning USA OPEN,Toronto will gives us a hint on her chances because Justine is there.

densuprun
Aug 15th, 2007, 12:03 PM
How about this for a start: "Ana... number two?????"

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Its possible but winning a slam its not happening this year.I like Ana but I dont see her winning USA OPEN,Toronto will gives us a hint on her chances because Justine is there.

Only if she wins Toronto, then I don't give her so much change at the US Open. Winning 2 tournaments in a row after an injury of a month. Then I just don't think she will be 100% at the US Open.
I don't like it at all when she lose, but if that will mean she's great in the last slam then I'll sign for it.

I didn't thought about it, but it's possible that Ana is number 1 after the US Open. But she needs to win it and do well this week.
Also Henin has to be knocked out early. So it won't happen.
If I can make a bet, I'll say that Ana is higher ranked than Maria after the US Open.

serenaforever
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:57 PM
She wont be No. 1 this year

jonny84
Aug 15th, 2007, 04:56 PM
It is possible.

Ana needs to win Canada again like last year and defend her points as much as she can.

If she does better at the US Open than last year, and better than Justine, Maria and Jelena (who either have winner, runnerup or semifinalist to defend); she could make it closer. And then with more wins on tour of the big tournaments left (Beijing, Stuttgart, Moscow and Zurich, and even the YEC), she could do it, but its asking a lot.

cmonmasha
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:15 PM
:lol: :lol: No wayyy ivanovic will be taking any spot to justine or maria:rolleyes: ...keep dreaming:o

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:20 PM
If I can make a bet, I'll say that Ana is higher ranked than Maria after the US Open.

:lol: :lol: No wayyy ivanovic will be taking any spot to justine or maria:rolleyes: ...keep dreaming:o

;)

cmonmasha
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
;)
:kiss:

densuprun
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:39 PM
How about this for a start: "Ana... number two?????"

I think I have to rephrase this. How about:

"Ana... number four?????" :wavey: