PDA

View Full Version : ESPY AWARDS

atina
Jul 10th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Serena will attend the ESPY Awards to night.

Hanks and Sandler headline celeb list

Press Release

The 10th Annual ESPY Awards, which will be televised live on ESPN on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 at 9 p.m. ET from Hollywood’s Kodak Theatre, announced additional presenters and attendees to its all-star lineup of celebrities who are set to work on the show with host Samuel L. Jackson.

Tim Allen, Diane Lane, Nick Lachey, Toni Braxton, Brian McKnight, Shannon Elizabeth, Julius Erving, Jeri Ryan, Cal Ripken, Jr., John Madden, and Chris Berman will join previously announced presenters Adam Sandler, Matthew Perry, David Spade, Kiefer Sutherland and Vivica A. Fox. In addition, Tom Hanks will participate in the ESPY Awards telecast by voicing over the Arthur Ashe Courage Award presentation.
Santana, Snoop Dogg, Bootsy Collins and the Original P-Funk will perform, while Clarence Clemons Temple of Soul will serve as house band.

A variety of top athletes and ESPY Award nominees will also be part of the festivities, including boxing greats Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier, as well as Kobe Bryant, Serena Williams, Barry Bonds, Cael Sanderson, Geno Auriemma, Bill Belichick, Jason Sehorn, Chris Chelios, Lisa Leslie and many more.:)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Cool :) This was going to determine if I watched it or not :D

QueenO
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:14 PM
I think Serena has a good chance at winning ;) :p :bounce: Go Serena!!

TeNnIsFaN
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:28 PM
I don't think Serena has a good chance at all....they're for 2001. So I think it's either Jennifer or Venus.

selesfan
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:47 PM
I think they will give it to Jennifer for her year of the comeback.

QueenO
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Really... 2001
Then I guess jen will win

RYNJ
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:56 PM
IMO!!! Venus had a better season last year than Jennifer. So if it is last year it should be Venus. BUT NOOO we gotta bring back the comeback sh*t.

RYNJ
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Jennifer can win the comeback award....