PDA

View Full Version : Toronto 2R:Shuai Peng Served 9 Aces:eek: d (14)Srebotnik 61 42 ret.

pierce0415
Aug 14th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Shuai :worship:
she just took the 15th seeded Srebotnik apart and completely embarassed her on the court :tape:
she served like Venus or Big Bad Brenda, throwing in 9 ACES :dance:

Michael Chang or Kimiko Date or whoever is coaching her must be doing something right :bowdown:

and now we will be in for a treat on Thursday when Shuai takes on Juju Henin on Eurosport or Tennis Channel, if Juju can beat Klepac tomorrow :rolleyes:

Keaka
Aug 14th, 2007, 08:59 PM
:( an injury again, it was seeable in the livescore.

Not able to defend QF points :(

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:01 PM
she served 3 aces in a row at one point.

her serve was just on fire. :worship: finally, winning consecutive matches at a big tournament. well done, peng.

best of luck against justine. no expectations. you've played her close before, you can do it again.

Wiggly
Um. Her opponent retired. Show some class?

Keaka
she just took the 15th seeded Srebotnik apart and completely embarassed her on the court :tape:
she served like Venus or Big Bad Brenda

And why did she embarass Srebotnik?

She retired.Obviously she would get 2 points in a row on her serve if she wouldn't be injured:rolleyes:

Why did she hit that many aces? 3 in a row just before Srebotnik retired. (I think I know the answer :D )

.:sk:.
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Shuai :yeah:

pierce0415
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:03 PM
I think maybe Kata retired because she was embarassed at the scoreline :ignore: (joke)

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Um. Her opponent retired. Show some class?

you want to talk about class?

finish the last two games. if she'd played with an injury the whole match, she should have retired sooner.

retiring with two games left better have a really good excuse.

purplerain
I think maybe Kata retired because she was embarassed at the scoreline :ignore: (joke)
:smash:

what is wrong with Kata?

CooCooCachoo
Pierce :smash:

Celebrating an injury like that :smash:

Keaka
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:05 PM
:haha: The thread title would be good (the embarassment part) if Srebotnik wouldn't be injured.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Apparently, following pierce's logic, all club players are injured.

Keaka
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:06 PM

:haha: ???? Funny. :ignore:

SloKid
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Please go and check how often Kata retires, ok? :)

And class is not what I'd expect from neither pierce23525 nor iPatty, so their posts are hardly surprising. Esp. pierce's who's a bitter hater of so many players. :sad: Why do you hate Kata? Oh yes, he was in the top 20 last year before Na, oh and that's right, you didn't even know who Katarina was. :spit: Debating with such tennis experts is useless. :)

DownTheLine21
Since Srebotnik was injured (?), it's hard to judge how well Peng actually played. Either way, she needed this win.

njnetswill
If Srebotnik was injured from the beginning then she could have retired earlier. Kata either had a serious injury in the second set or a minor one from the start and chose to give up when she did not feel like she could have won the match. :shrug:

AJZ.
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Viral illness.
I hope she can play doubles? :shrug:

Keaka
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM

And class is not what I'd expect from neither pierce23525 nor iPatty, so their posts are hardly surprising. Esp. pierce's who's a bitter hater of so many players. :sad: Why do you hate Kata? Oh yes, he was in the top 20 last year before Na, oh and that's right, you didn't even know who Katarina was. :spit: Debating with such tennis experts is useless. :)

I think she beat Pierce 63 75 or something in Zurich or somewhere :shrug:

pierce0415
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:09 PM
you want to talk about class?

finish the last two games. if she'd played with an injury the whole match, she should have retired sooner.

retiring with two games left better have a really good excuse.

exactly :bigclap:
Kata :fiery:

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:09 PM

what have i ever done to you, milan?

i would have understood if she retired after losing the first set or the first or second game of the second set.

but retiring with two games to go? come on.
if this was anyone other that kata you wouldn't care what i was saying. :lol:

SloKid
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I think she beat Pierce 63 75 or something in Zurich or somewhere :shrug:
Yes, possible, pierce3523 is petty like that. :lol:

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:11 PM
viral illness? you've got to be kidding me?

:juju:

pierce0415
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I don't hate Kata like I hate the players in the bottom line of my signature
I am just tellin it like it is

all she had was a "viral illness" :rolleyes:
apparently she made a decision before the match to try to play the match with the viral illness
if she was winning, I am sure she wouldn't have retired w/ viral illness :ignore:

but she chose not to show good sportsmanship and finish the last 2 games of the match ...

Keaka
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:13 PM

i would have understood if she retired after losing the first set or the first or second game of the second set.

Offcourse you retire 2 games before the end if you feel bad...

Reasons:

1.Everybody would think she lost without being injured and would talk even worse stuff about her
2.That would also cause confidence fall, and she wouldn't be able to play good in next tournaments.

;)

Bruno71
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Viral illness.
I hope she can play doubles? :shrug:

Probably the same thing that's been going around (JJ, Hantuchova, Daniilidou, Chaky). I know if I felt like crap and didn't have much energy to move around the court, I might not wanna stand out there looking like a fool for 2 extra games if it's not a Slam or a final. But that's just me.

SloKid

You did nothing to me. :p But I still remember your whiny posts about Nadia (and you were supposedly a fan). Also when Peng retired with heat illness against Zvonareva in San Diego last year how did you react? Swearing at Zvonareva like it was her fault, want me to dig up that thread? :) So as I said, nothing unexpected.

How do you know it would be two games to go? :shrug: She was only a break down and Kata retires like next to never, so I don't think it was to avoid embarrassment, I mean she even got trashed by Pironkova in Warsaw last year and played without retiring (she's not Stevenson :p).
And maybe you're right, but aren't we all here to defend our faves, esp. in these cases where the attacks on them are rather unfair.

LudwigDvorak
Peng will get double bageled by Henin, don't you worry.

pierce0415
a fully fit Kata was embarassed by Na Li at Miami 60 61 so I don't see any reason why Shuai shouldn't have beaten her by a 61 62 scoreline if she was fully fit

viral illness obviously just an excuse :dance:

Ballbasher
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Kata :sad: Withdraw from Doubles and please be fit for NY.
Shuai needed win

pierce0415
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:16 PM

no she won't :wavey:
Shuai will defeat her 2nd top Belgian at a Tier I :dance:

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:19 PM
You did nothing to me. :p But I still remember your whiny posts about Nadia (and you were supposedly a fan). Also when Peng retired with heat illness against Zvonareva in San Diego last year how did you react? Swearing at Zvonareva like it was her fault, want me to dig up that thread? :) So as I said, nothing unexpected.

How do you know it would be two games to go? :shrug: She was only a break down and Kata retires like next to never, so I don't think it was to avoid embarrassment, I mean she even got trashed by Pironkova in Warsaw last year and played without retiring (she's not Stevenson :p).
And maybe you're right, but aren't we all here to defend our faves, esp. in these cases where the attacks on them are rather unfair.

oh this should be fun.

what do my opinions on nadia have to do with any of this? uh ok. :unsure:

right, because i was mad that people were celebrating zvonareva's win because peng retired after she had a huge lead and a matchpoint.
this is not the same.
kata retired with two games to go, so it leads me to believe it was more about saving face than about being injured. i have every right to celebrate this, because peng outplayed kata. vera was being outplayed. notice the difference.

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:20 PM

:crying2:

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:21 PM

i highly doubt it. :tape:

Kim's_fan_4ever

Good joke. Ha ha ha.
And very classy of you to celebrate Peng's win like you are without actually caring about Srebotnik. Of course, every player who retires when losing is faking an injury. Sorry, I forgot.

Bruno71
a fully fit Kata was embarassed by Na Li at Miami 60 61 so I don't see any reason why Shuai shouldn't have beaten her by a 61 62 scoreline if she was fully fit

You've just proven why Kata WOULDN'T retire to Shuai if she were perfectly healthy :lol:

Kata gave Petrova a tough fight a couple weeks ago but then lost to her bigtime last week. She's either slumping or sick.

Are Na & Shuai the same player now btw?

Keaka

She was out of form then.

Keaka
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Katarina withdrew only once before in 2 years.

Peng retired 3 times, 2 times after being 1-3 games of defeat.

Srebotnik didn't withdraw against Li, or Golovin, which she both lost 60 61/62

So Srebotnik doesn't retire much from her matches.

Uranus
God how many people wish he never came back, this pierce6531864.

Shuai played great, but I'd never question the fact Kata was injured. Recover well. :hug:

Craigy
Oh Pierce487328432. What a hypocrite.
There was you calling Vera Zvonareva every single insult you could think off when Mary fell last year. But now that Srebotnik is injured you don't even care and you're like "PENG!!!!!!!!11111111111111"
:weirdo:

SloKid
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:26 PM
oh this should be fun.
I just said I wouldn't exactly expect class from you. :p

And if my memory serves me right you had this negative tone back then, like it was Bepa's fault. :)
every time she's playing well, she gets injured. i'm so disgusted. bepa is so lucky to have won this match. shows how much better than her peng is, since she was pwning her until she got injured.

:rolleyes:

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:27 PM
There was you calling Vera Zvonareva every single insult you could think off when Mary fell last year. But now that Srebotnik is injured you don't even care and you're like "PENG!!!!!!!!11111111111111"

mary had a career-threatening illness.
kata had a virus.

um. :weirdo:

Ellery
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Kata :hug: Get well soon.

Shuai :yeah: Really needed this win, hopefully you'll do ok against Justine.

SloKid
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:29 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=271287 :lol:

iPatty
I just said I wouldn't exactly expect class from you. :p

And if my memory serves me right you had this negative tone back then, like it was Bepa's fault. :)

why not? what have i done? please, tell me. :hearts:

you have to have something against me to find anything in that post to indicate that it was bepa's fault.

pierce0415
um there is a huge difference between Mary's injury and Kata's injury ... I can't believe you are even comparing them

Mary suffered a horrific injury during play which took her out for a whole year

Kata is suffering from a minor cold ... she will be back in New Haven next week and she didn't have the sportsmanship to finish the match

Craigy
kata had a virus.

So that makes it ok to call Vera everything he did?
He could have at least showed some class and not got on like he usually does with his faves though.
But hey, he is very desperate to get the top seed in TWAT.

iPatty
um there is a huge difference between Mary's injury and Kata's injury ... I can't believe you are even comparing them

Kata is suffering from a minor cold ... she will be back in New Haven next week and she didn't have the sportsmanship to finish the match

i already covered you, piercey. :hug:

SloKid
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:30 PM
kata had a virus.

Yes, but why did pierce insult Zvonareva then? Did she cause Mary's injury, she was even the first on the other side with ice, like she was after Peng retired and yet as you can see in my post above he started a thread with negative connotations on those matches.

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:30 PM
So that makes it ok to call Vera everything he did?
He could have at least showed some class and not got on like he usually does with his faves though.
But hey, he is very desperate to get the top seed in TWAT.

no. did i say it was?

i was just saying that it was pointless to compare them.

ce
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Peng :woohoo:

Keaka
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:32 PM

She has a week off...

And when you're feeling without energy, can barely move because of your virus, how can you play, and why would you play anyway, it may just become worse...

And the match wasn't that close to over.

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Yes, but why did pierce insult Zvonareva then? Did she cause Mary's injury, she was even the first on the other side with ice, like she was after Peng retired and yet as you can see in my post above he started a thread with negative connotations on those matches.

he had no right to insult vera. i never insulted vera as a person or a player when she beat peng.
all i said was she got lucky. and it was very true.

i remember the picture of bepa helping peng with ice. i wasn't mad at her.

perhaps you should think through your posts more? :shrug:

Wayn77
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:33 PM
9 Aces!!! did Kata have any string in her racket?

I hope Srebotnik's injury is nothing serious.

Queen Justine's gonna make you suffer for this PierceOU812 :armed:

disco_rage
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Well done Peng, shame for Srebotnik.

SloKid
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:39 PM
perhaps you should think through your posts more? :shrug:
To quote you:
i'm gunna go kill myself now. i won't be back. ever. or at least for a few days. i really don't feel like being around such insensitive people right now, as cat's pajamas alluded to.
You were pissed off, when people celebrated Bepa's win back then, but now you say stuff about Kata's retirement, hypocrite much? And before you start saying how Peng's injury or illness was worse, you do not really know the extent of Kata's virus, as I said she almost never retires unless it's something serious, she never retired in the past no matter how big she was losing.

HTE
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Kata :sad:

:yeah:

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:44 PM
To quote you:

You were pissed off, when people celebrated Bepa's win back then, but now you say stuff about Kata's retirement, hypocrite much? And before you start saying how Peng's injury or illness was worse, you do not really know the extent of Kata's virus, as I said she almost never retires unless it's something serious, she never retired in the past no matter how big she was losing.

priceless. :worship:

she didn't get this "illness" in the middle of the match. she started the match with it.
unlike peng, who had a heat illness. meaning she felt sick in the middle of her match due to the heat.

if kata was so sick, she shouldn't have even come out and play. she's smart enough to know that running around is bad for a virus. but obviously she felt like she was fine. retiring with two games left just shows bad sportsmanship when you didn't acquire the injury during the match.

pierce0415
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:44 PM
excuse me Slokid but what did I say about Vera Zvonareva? I never called her any names?

all I did was start a thread saying she happened to win 2 matches by retirement after losing the first set in 2006

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:48 PM
That was only the 2nd retirement in Srebotnik's 8 year WTA career. I think we can give her the benefit of the doubt that she was unable to continue. And celebrating victories over injured or sick opponents is in my opinion the crassest posts that exist within WTAworld. Pierce 0415 you should be ashamed of yourself. :smash:

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:51 PM
priceless. :worship:

she didn't get this "illness" in the middle of the match. she started the match with it.
unlike peng, who had a heat illness. meaning she felt sick in the middle of her match due to the heat.

if kata was so sick, she shouldn't have even come out and play. she's smart enough to know that running around is bad for a virus. but obviously she felt like she was fine. retiring with two games left just shows bad sportsmanship when you didn't acquire the injury during the match.

There is nothing wrong with attempting to play if you are unwell. Sometimes you don't know how your body will respond until you go out there. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Why you consider it okay to pull out before a match but not during a match is totally beyond me. :help:

esdee
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:32 PM

This is not Katarina's style to fake an illness. She had a lot of points to defend at this tournament, she probably would have wanted to try her best in the hope that she might make it through to the next round. To my knowledge, Kata has only ever retired once before in her career, against Sugiyama in Eastbourne a couple of years ago.

She also has respect for her fellow players and would not have retired unless she was genuinely ill or injured.

Get well soon Kata. :hug:

jonny84
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:45 PM
That was only the 2nd retirement in Srebotnik's 8 year WTA career. I think we can give her the benefit of the doubt that she was unable to continue :smash:

Well said. I can think of many other players who retire all the time in their matches.

Sad for Katarina, but a nice chance for Peng in 3R

adrovi
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Shuai :bounce: :bounce:

pierce0415
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Acceptable: Retiring anytime during a match with a serious injury sustained in the match

Acceptable: Retiring before or early in a match with a minor injury or illness

Unacceptable: Retiring with 2 games left in the match with a minor injury or illness

UDACHi
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:49 PM
well srebotnik is clearly the better player, so i think illness is clearly a factor.
don't like the retirement with two games to go.

peng fans. :tape:

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Congrats Shuai. Too bad Kata, get better soon!

AlexBarrington
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Acceptable: Retiring anytime during a match with a serious injury sustained in the match

Unacceptable: Retiring with 2 games left in the match with a minor injury or illness

In peng favor i remember her match against pennetta(fed cup), in third set she was down 0-1 and she injured, but she kept on playing 2 games, even if she didn't move.. :hug: i was sad for her, a bit frustated by coach who didnt say her to stop. (not for victory, but just because she couldn't move and suffered very much) :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Keaka
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:03 PM
That was only the 2nd retirement in Srebotnik's 8 year WTA career. I think we can give her the benefit of the doubt that she was unable to continue. And celebrating victories over injured or sick opponents is in my opinion the crassest posts that exist within WTAworld. Pierce 0415 you should be ashamed of yourself. :smash:

Wow. in 8 years, to just retire twice...I don't think anyone can say she faked it.

She must of really felt bad. :(

Keaka
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:07 PM

It is acceptable if you really feel bad.What you can say for Srebotnik, who only retired 2 times in her career, and respects other players as I know.

The scoreboard felt strange through all the match though...Srebotnik couldn't get 2 points in a row or no points at all, and she was playing worse and worse, what you could see from the scoreboard.But obviously, she wanted to play, defending so many points.

Modiac.
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Shuai :yeah:

andrewC
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:24 PM
good form from Peng, she didn't find a way to choke this one away! I just hope for a competitive match against Justine :) :banana:

Eldoth Kron
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:29 PM
peng !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick: :bounce: :wavey:

njnetswill
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:33 PM
At least Kata didn't pull a Rodionova. :haha:

Freakan
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Like if Kata cares about what posters on wtaworld think about her injury :lol:
Well done Shuai :yeah:
Get well soon Kata :hug:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:58 PM
:haha:

Shuai !!! :hearts: :woohoo: :bounce:

*Jool*
Aug 15th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Celebrating a win of one's fave over an injured/ill opponent = :tape: at least ,all that matters is that the fave player is through -totally classless but shows immaturity
Celebrating it + Bashing the other player = :weirdo: :smash: = being a complete moron

Peng is through, you should be happy - stop making stupid/mean comments on Kata .

get well soon , Kata :hug:

.david.
Aug 15th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Shuai:hearts: :worship:
Much needed Points. Get better and better

Please give Henin a good Match.

Get well soon Kata..

serenaforever
Aug 15th, 2007, 12:39 AM
9 aces???

:eek: :eek: :eek:

RenaSlam.
Aug 15th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Peng will surely take the title now.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 15th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Viva Shuai.

Pasta-Na
Aug 15th, 2007, 01:36 AM
good win vs a top 25 player, shuai :yeah:

Pasta-Na
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:09 AM

u made me smile a bit :p

vianzfzf
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:26 AM
shuai :bounce:

Pasta-Na
Aug 15th, 2007, 03:25 AM
shuai is safe in top 50 :p

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:14 AM
God how many people wish he never came back, this pierce6531864.

Shuai played great, but I'd never question the fact Kata was injured. Recover well. :hug:

Kata :hug: Get well soon.

Shuai :yeah: Really needed this win, hopefully you'll do ok against Justine.

Well done Peng, shame for Srebotnik.

Well said. I can think of many other players who retire all the time in their matches.

Sad for Katarina, but a nice chance for Peng in 3R

Congrats Shuai. Too bad Kata, get better soon!

Like if Kata cares about what posters on wtaworld think about her injury :lol:
Well done Shuai :yeah:
Get well soon Kata :hug:

Celebrating a win of one's fave over an injured/ill opponent = :tape: at least ,all that matters is that the fave player is through -totally classless but shows immaturity
Celebrating it + Bashing the other player = :weirdo: :smash: = being a complete moron

Peng is through, you should be happy - stop making stupid/mean comments on Kata .

get well soon , Kata :hug:

Shuai:hearts: :worship:
Much needed Points. Get better and better

Please give Henin a good Match.

Get well soon Kata..

Message to Pierce 0415 and iPatty. This is how mature Shuai Peng fans responded to the Peng-Srebotnik result.

I also recall my favorite player defeating Severine Bremond 6-2 3-1 ret. earlier this year. This was my response.

Never a good way to win a match :sad:
Get better soon Severine :awww:
All the best, Yari, in the next round against Alona. Keep it rolling :yeah:

I don't care how much you like a player it is always inappropiate to celebrate a victory by retirement. Sure it is nice that the player you like is in the next round and it is right that a fan will want the player to continue to win in the following round. But the victory itself is always tainted and should not be celebrated. A player was injured or too sick to finish the match. That is never a good thing or something to take pleasure in.

pengluv
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:40 AM
quit hating yall go peng!

Mcawen
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Peng please show something in the game against Henin. Like Jankovic said, don't always hit that hard.
Obviously she won't see this.

Pasta-Na
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:10 AM
of course jelena wants shuai to beat juju, then she has a chance to win the title :angel:

Libertango
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Congrats to Shuai!!! :hearts: A much needed result.

Get well soon Kata! :kiss:

dorotek23
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Good job Shuai :)

*Jean*
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Shuai :baby:

gmak
Aug 15th, 2007, 09:59 AM
pierce666 is the epitome of class! :worship: :lol: :o
not that kata cares about what he thinks ;)

:hug: for kata :sad:

don't worry, Henin will most likely crush Peng tomorrow :lol:

Hashim.
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:01 AM
:clap2::woohoo:
good work..

kata :awww::hug:

Alizé Molik
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:43 AM
who gives a crap how she won-

she won!!!

stefi62
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Giving up so close to the end does not look like Kata.... I s she injured badly? Will she able to play in doubles?

Get well Kata, I want a good fight with Alicia/Mara for the race, but injuree-free, please!

suede123
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:36 AM
somebody was retired yesterday
but she wins the doubles today

Pasta-Na
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:40 AM
kata recovered so fast :p

suede123
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:46 AM
It's ridiculous

Thanx4nothin
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:20 AM
she served like Venus or Big Bad Brenda, throwing in 9 ACES :dance:

Michael Chang or Kimiko Date or whoever is coaching her must be doing something right :bowdown:

and now we will be in for a treat on Thursday when Shuai takes on Juju Henin on Eurosport or Tennis Channel, if Juju can beat Klepac tomorrow :rolleyes:

Pigs will fly the next time Venus musters up 9 aces, these days she never gets even to 5.:help: