PDA

View Full Version : Maria Kirilenko???

So Disrespectful
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:15 AM
How does she go from hitting all of her balls short, pretty weak, and rarely winning consecutive matches, to being one of the hardest hitters and producing decent runs, in the space of a few months? What has she changed?

Josh.
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:24 AM
its amazing what confidence can do eh?

So Disrespectful
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM
its amazing what confidence can do eh?

:lol: And we know all about that following Daniela

Josh.
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:30 AM
couldnt agree more. ;)

no seriously tho, i was watching some highlights of her match against ALG in China where she won her first title, and she was hitting some amazing shots. Her game is built around the fact that she is an all-round player and she has to be agressive to impliment that gameplan.

thats how i look at it. and since she has a few confidence buliding wins under her belt, she can start playing her natural game again

So Disrespectful
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:42 AM
couldnt agree more. ;)

no seriously tho, i was watching some highlights of her match against ALG in China where she won her first title, and she was hitting some amazing shots. Her game is built around the fact that she is an all-round player and she has to be agressive to impliment that gameplan.

thats how i look at it. and since she has a few confidence buliding wins under her belt, she can start playing her natural game again

I see what you mean. I guess I never really appreciated that she's an aggressive player, because she was playing passively for such a long time. She had no real weapons at the Australian Open this year, but it seems that she's a much better player now.

only_one_maria
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:48 AM
She is playing well which is great for all her fans. I'm just worried about possible burnout with all this doubles play on top. She can't keep playing 7 matches or more a week.

She had problems with blisters against Ivanovic (no surprise!) and that might have contributed to her defeat in 2 close sets. Long term she will have to cut back surely?

unkowilly
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I heard Davenport is going to be her new coach but it may be jsut a rumor cuz Davenport has yet to officially retire . or has she?

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:17 AM
She's got a proper coach again too

That would explain alot. A good coach can make a huge difference to a player.

DownTheLine21
Aug 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I love that fact that she is in such good form. After her extended bad patch, she really deserves this career-boost. I think she can make the QF this week at Toronto, and I then hope she can do some real damage at the US Open.

King Aaron
Aug 14th, 2007, 02:46 PM
I heard Davenport is going to be her new coach but it may be jsut a rumor cuz Davenport has yet to officially retire . or has she?
:confused: Huh? This is random. ;)

Her new coach is Eric van Harpen.

Crank
Aug 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I love you MariaK :hearts:

njnetswill
Aug 14th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Juice. Andreev juice.

goldenlox
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Maria had a decent game in 2004. She went into a major tailspin.
Now it looks like she is going to start her forward move, the way Chakvetadze has been moving.

jonny84
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Things havent really gone her way since winning the China Open in 2005. Hopefully she can make it up the rankings again.