PDA

View Full Version : Safina's "COME ON" are way too annoying..Can she just shut up ?

Tennisfan-Mtl
Aug 14th, 2007, 02:00 AM
She is the most annoying thing tennis has seen in the past year...

alexia1huff
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:25 AM
if this is annoying, than what can you say about sharapova

Mark Spruce
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM
:worship:

rockstar
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:51 AM
^^ speaking of the two, i remeber the 06 RG match they had. in the third set it was pretty much like this..

-grunt from sharapova-
-louder grunt from safina-
-even louder grunt from sharapova-
-one shrieks CMON! after she won the point-

FrenchY52
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:51 AM

And what about Ivanovic in LA :rolleyes:

Groenefelder25
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:56 AM

i like ur pic :D and thats why i like golovin. she just gets on with it and doesnt make a fuss. i remember when her and sharapova played in indian wells last year and it was soooooo funny, because when sharapova won a point she was all "COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then golovin won a good point and she was all ":angel: next point" :lol:

LudwigDvorak
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I don't see what's wrong with Safina's vocal exclamations. The entire shrieking/grunting/vocal bitching deal has gone way out of proportion. Almost every player makes noise when they play. Get over it.

If anything, Safina makes me laugh with how desperate she is with her antics. I know that's not the way it is with plenty of other people, but if Safina wants to vocally orgasm every point--which she does--she will, and can, continue to do so.

It just boggles my mind, it's not like screaming at the top of your lungs is even new in women's tennis.

Effy
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:05 AM
yep, only Sharapova is doing that :rolleyes:

how about Ivanovic? oh i guess its ok, coz she is so lovely girl and Sharapova is such a bitch, oh well nothing new in GM ;) :)

Lovesunair
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:05 AM

+1

her crazy twitched с'moons were absolutely annoying:o

Serval
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Alla Kudryavtseva's "c'mons" are the most annoying.

Groenefelder25
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:09 AM

how about Ivanovic? oh i guess its ok, coz she is so lovely girl and Sharapova is such a bitch, oh well nothing new in GM ;) :)

:confused: :confused: everybody is complaning about ivanovic too. so stop trying to make this thread seem as if its a sharapova hate thread when it isnt.

Effy
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:13 AM
:confused: :confused: everybody is complaning about ivanovic too. so stop trying to make this thread seem as if its a sharapova hate thread when it isnt.

im not trying to do that :rolleyes: just point out again that apart from Masha's c'mons there r plenty of players who r doing that and even worse.
Agree with Alla Kudryavtseva ;)

Groenefelder25
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:18 AM
im not trying to do that :rolleyes: just point out again that apart from Masha's c'mons there r plenty of players who r doing that and even worse.
Agree with Alla Kudryavtseva ;)

oh ok my mistake

Hashim.
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:23 AM

:angel:

mankind
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:35 AM

:yeah: NOW you're getting it! ;)

Ana Ivanovic has never done anything in public that could be construed negatively towards another player. Maria, however, has.
Her fault, not mine. :shrug:

:sad:

Viktymise
Aug 14th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Its convenient that no one made a thread about Ivanovic's Cmon's, even after UE's from opponent, and to me they are even more annoying than Safina's

lilimi
Aug 14th, 2007, 12:28 PM
^^ speaking of the two, i remeber the 06 RG match they had. in the third set it was pretty much like this..

-grunt from sharapova-
-louder grunt from safina-
-even louder grunt from sharapova-
-one shrieks CMON! after she won the point-
to me dinara grunts sound to be because of pain whereas sharapova grunts are often for no reasons. concerning the c'mons, i've just seen the end of dina's match against Pin, she did it to motivate herself, just like ana and sharpie do. if her brother did the same yesterday maybe he would have played better:o :help: :help: :help:
i've nevver seen dinara and ana doing something bad on court. they're fair play.
i have nothing against the c'mons :shrug: some are more annoying than others ( for me sharapova, hewitt, henin) but it's OK.

Effy
Aug 14th, 2007, 12:35 PM
:yeah: NOW you're getting it! ;)

Ana Ivanovic has never done anything in public that could be construed negatively towards another player. Maria, however, has.
Her fault, not mine. :shrug:

:sad:

i know, she is a perfect angel :awww: and in the future, dont even talk to me, u r annoying and immature.

polishprodigy
Aug 14th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Lol, the crowd found her "COME AWWWWWWWWN!" 's funny! Some peopel even made impersonations of it during the breaks ;)

polishprodigy
Aug 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM
And Safarova has an interesting grunt, she goes "WOOOH!" as if she is surprised by something.

Lepchenko's grunts are a mix of two: the first being like she has a batch of cookies "mmmmmm", the second being like she is very mad "UGHHH!" ;)

schorsch
Aug 14th, 2007, 12:41 PM
hehe, my mum nearly falls off the couch laughing when safarova does the wooohooooo sound. its sound like an owl or something. :haha:

ViennaCalling
Aug 14th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Safina is really annoying. Can't stand her - she's on the same stage as Henin for me :tape:

@Ivanovic: She gets on my nerves - but only because she is Number 1-Topic at the moment in this forum :lol: ;)

Nickk
Aug 14th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Safina doesn't really get on my nerves.

Ana, however, does. I have really liked her, but that might change if she doesn't change the behavior she has adopted since the Wimbledon SF (at least, that's where I noticed, it definitely hadn't been like that at RG). Her come on's are way over the top, she should just go back to where she used to be and calm down a little. She's such a nice girl, but right now close to being even more annoying than Maria or Justine. :/

Kudryavtseva is a little child. She needs to grow up. Thank good she's not successful enough to be constantly on TV.

lilimi
Aug 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM
hehe, my mum nearly falls off the couch laughing when safarova does the wooohooooo sound. its sound like an owl or something. :haha:

:haha: yes, safarova noise is weird and cute

mankind
Aug 14th, 2007, 01:30 PM
i know, she is a perfect angel :awww: and in the future, dont even talk to me, u r annoying and immature.

Truth hurts, doesn't it? :wavey:

Oh, and a few typed words over the Internet is "talking" now? You need to get out more. ;)

Effy
Aug 14th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Truth hurts, doesn't it? :wavey:

Oh, and a few typed words over the Internet is "talking" now? You need to get out more. ;)

nope, what kind of truth u r talking about, kid? the one who shoud get out more is u, but u cant poor thing, keep posting in EVERY Maria thread, i feel sorry for u :awww:

Dexter
Aug 14th, 2007, 01:58 PM
If it's your fave who is doing some antics to get pumped up it's okay, when it's against your fave then it's annoying. Plain and simple.

On a side note :haha: & :spit: @ WS fans & Maria fans complaining about Ana's behaviour.

Viktymise
Aug 14th, 2007, 02:10 PM
If it's your fave who is doing some antics to get pumped up it's okay, when it's against your fave then it's annoying. Plain and simple.

On a side note :haha: & :spit: @ WS fans & Maria fans complaining about Ana's behaviour.

When does Venus scream Cmon after every few points :confused:

Effy
Aug 14th, 2007, 02:11 PM

we have the same right to complain about new Ana's behaviour as well as u have the right to complain about WS or Maria's behaviour. As simple as that. Why its so funny that ppl can find it annoying?

Keaka
Aug 14th, 2007, 02:11 PM

Agree ;)

But anyway, it's not disturbing to me personally if players are encouraging themself, only if they are trying to hurt me with their encouraging (or taking more time between points and so on)

tobi
Aug 14th, 2007, 03:04 PM
All gruntings & "come on"s of Williams sisters,Sharapova,Safina,Kudryavtseva and Ivanovic are annoying :lol:

Funny thing is when Ana is doing that consistently once in every two points and at some of her oppenent's errors,yet Ana fans find Williams sisters and Sharapova very annoying at times :lol: oops though it is ok since Ana is very very sweet and very very nice :rolleyes:

Princeza
Aug 14th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Kill dat mothafucka shriekPova biatch 1111111

Wiggly
Aug 14th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Well, when Maria usually screams "C'MON", the crowd is applauding and making noises.

Yesterday, the crowd was silent so the C'MON were weird.

supergrunt
Aug 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Justine does it too...

supergrunt
Aug 14th, 2007, 03:51 PM
All gruntings & "come on"s of Williams sisters,Sharapova,Safina,Kudryavtseva and Ivanovic are annoying :lol:

Funny thing is when Ana is doing that consistently once in every two points and at some of her oppenent's errors,yet Ana fans find Williams sisters and Sharapova very annoying at times :lol: oops though it is ok since Ana is very very sweet and very very nice :rolleyes:

You are a Rafa fan :rolleyes: . His c'mons are just...:o.I do like Rafa though :) .And Venus dosen't even say c'mon.

Thanx4nothin
Aug 14th, 2007, 03:58 PM
There was a bit of gamesmanship going on in that match, but pin choked in the end as usual.

darice
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:01 PM
do you get annoyed when other players yell "come on"? just asking to be sure that it's just a dinara thing. ;)

Dexter
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:01 PM

Funny thing is when Ana is doing that consistently once in every two points and at some of her oppenent's errors,yet Ana fans find Williams sisters and Sharapova very annoying at times :lol: oops though it is ok since Ana is very very sweet and very very nice :rolleyes:VAMOSSSSSS!!!!!!!!11111111

You arrrre verrrrrrrrrrry bad boy.

Princeza
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:03 PM
VAMOSSSSSS!!!!!!!!11111111

Rafa's vamos, now that's hot :lol:

Dexter
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:04 PM
When does Venus scream Cmon after every few points :confused:I thought there was more than one Williams sister. Venus herself doesn't need to shout cmon to produce enough of annoying voices.

As I said for fans it's obviously not annoying and even more fun, for those who are not fans it is.

Viktymise
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I thought there was more than one Williams sister. Venus herself doesn't need to shout cmon to produce enough of annoying voices.

As I said for fans it's obviously not annoying and even more fun, for those who are not fans it is.

I guess so :p

frenchie
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:26 PM
$harapova and Henin's "come on" or "allez" are annoying because they shout them after an error or even a DF!!

Safina is OK

Conor
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Safina was screaming 'Come on!' even before her shot had landed in the court... the commentator suggested her doing that may have been influencing the line persons call on close balls. And she kept doing it after nearly every point towards the end... which was annoying. Even the crowd went silent near the end :rolleyes:

cellophane
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:50 PM
At least she didn't scream "Allez" like in the past :angel:

Conor
Aug 14th, 2007, 04:58 PM
At least she didn't scream "Allez" like in the past :angel:

Well she was alternating between 'Come on!'... 'Vamos!'... and something else, must have been Russian :shrug: mostly 'come on' though...

LindsayRulz
Aug 14th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I like Safina's reactions, she always make me laugh :lol:

cellophane
Aug 14th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Well she was alternating between 'Come on!'... 'Vamos!'... and something else, must have been Russian :shrug: mostly 'come on' though...

Davai. ;)

sammy01
Aug 14th, 2007, 05:16 PM
i loved how mary would bang her fist on her chest it was classy untill everyone started doing it! you realy dont need to scream cmon to get inside your opositions head mary was the queen at getting in peoples heads without being obvious! i dont like this new fad of screaming cmon all the time a little fist pump is fine but i just think screaming and sometimes in your opponents face is poor!

Viktymise
Aug 14th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Davai. ;)

I think it was Otlichno.

supergrunt
Aug 14th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I thought there was more than one Williams sister. Venus herself doesn't need to shout cmon to produce enough of annoying voices.

Ana's grunting is getting up on the decibal meter if you ask me.And she says adje after every point.

Dexter
Aug 14th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Ana's grunting is getting up on the decibal meter if you ask me.And she says adje after every point.Maybe she would if this word existed at all.

Wayn77
Aug 14th, 2007, 05:41 PM

me too :lol:

Dinara doesn't annoy me in the slightest. She likes to get herself fired up, to consistently play at a level she expects. She did that in the middle of the third yesterday to turn the match around - so props to her for fighting. It was that rather than a choke from her opponent that won the match.

Lulu.
Aug 14th, 2007, 05:44 PM

Me too. She is very fun to watch

cellophane
Aug 14th, 2007, 05:49 PM
me too :lol:

Dinara doesn't annoy me in the slightest. She likes to get herself fired up, to consistently play at a level she expects. She did that in the middle of the third yesterday to turn the match around - so props to her for fighting. It was that rather than a choke from her opponent that won the match.

It was nice to see her turn it around, rather than hit a bazillion errors as she would have in the past.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 14th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Ana's grunting is getting up on the decibal meter if you ask me.And she says adje after every point.

I don't like the grunting. It started during clay season and I didn't hear it ever before. She just doesn't need it and I rather have her silent. But I love the AJDE's (yes THAT'S how you spell it).
It just shows the fighting and she's doing it on important points.
I general I don't have anything against the COMMON's. It brings fire into the match which is nice to watch.

Ana has to stop with the common and use 100% Ajde instead.

Dexter
Aug 14th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I don't like the grunting. It started during clay season and I didn't hear it ever before. She just doesn't need it and I rather have her silent. But I love the AJDE's (yes THAT'S how you spell it).
It just shows the fighting and she's doing it on important points.
I general I don't have anything against the COMMON's. It brings fire into the match which is nice to watch.

Ana has to stop with the common and use 100% Ajde instead.She has grunted before just not as intense and not throughout most of the match as is the case lately. I hated it on clay, but I got used to it.

FrenchY52
Aug 14th, 2007, 07:35 PM

Yes, and she looks dumb when she does it :rolleyes: Even more when she yells something which is probably "Come on" with her great accent :)

supergrunt
Aug 14th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Yes, and she looks dumb when she does it :rolleyes: Even more when she yells something which is probably "Come on" with her great accent :)

I don't mind the c'mons or ajde's (if I spelled it wrong again I'm sorry).It's just annoying that people are complainign about other people doing it when the person they support does it as well.

Jogi
Aug 14th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I've been saying this for ages, Safina is for me one of the most annoying on-court characters of the tour, the way she's pushing herself is far from being funny, it's just stupid and annoying, even worse than momo-jump

akosiirwyn
Aug 14th, 2007, 07:55 PM

Huh-uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Come onnnnn!
Vamosssss!
Davaiiiii!
Otlichnoooo!
and some other russian stuff i didn't understand.

Woot! 1000th post!

tobi
Aug 14th, 2007, 08:18 PM
VAMOSSSSSS!!!!!!!!11111111

Yeah but not as bad as calling Ana sweetest girl in the world with her on court behaviour and bashing all other players with same reason :lol:

Dexter
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah but not as bad as calling Ana sweetest girl in the world with her on court behaviour and bashing all other players with same reason :lol:You haven't heard about sarcasm, have you?

Bruno71
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM
She has grunted before just not as intense and not throughout most of the match as is the case lately. I hated it on clay, but I got used to it.

Ana's increased grunting seems to be proportional to her increased intensity on court lately, and the positive results are ensuing.

Dexter
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Ana's increased grunting seems to be proportional to her increased intensity on court lately, and the positive results are ensuing.Indeed, she hardly ever grunts in first 4-5 games of the match and she's usually a late starter and has to chase the scoreline.

tobi
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:29 PM
You haven't heard about sarcasm, have you?
I just named the general thoughts about Ana and others at this board lately which isnt true in my opinion ;)

Vamos Feńa
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Annoying c'mons and why:
Sharapova -> if she exagerates (read: when it isn't neccesary), in other case I got adjusted to that ;)
Henin -> too much, doesn't matter if it's a winner or error, does it practically in every game esp. if she gets to 15:30 on opponents serve

Safina -> well yeaterday she was yelling c'mons because she looked desperate and hopeless. It looked a bit pathetic.

Serena (esp. since this season) has been screaming too loud. If she keeps her voice down and fist it'll be ok

As far as Ivanovic is concerned -> honestly I'm not a fan of her, I just don't care about her results, still she's been playin' great lately, so C'mons after those FH winners are acceptable ;)

Bruno71
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Indeed, she hardly ever grunts in first 4-5 games of the match and she's usually a late starter and has to chase the scoreline.

That's true, too, as it is with most grunters...but I also meant that her overall intensity from month to month/week to week/match to match has increased this year. She's beefed herself up psychologically.

Munich
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:51 PM
i dont find it annoying at all :shrug: That shows how desperate she was to win the match. If her "come on"s are annoying then the WTA tour is the whole annoying bunch of ball bashers :tape:

Dexter
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I just named the general thoughts about Ana and others at this board lately which isnt true in my opinion ;)Since you're so annoyed by her antics may I ask how did you even watch her in LA since you texted me on Sunday asking who's in the final of LA? :lol: Oh right, I bet you managed to download all of her LA matches already. :lol:

tobi
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Since you're so annoyed by her antics may I ask how did you even watch her in LA since you texted me on Sunday asking who's in the final of LA? :lol: Oh right, I bet you managed to download all of her LA matches already. :lol:
Yeah I couldnt watch the final in time :lol:

But my toughts doesnt appear by one match anyway,she is like that since Berlin :shrug: Before that tournement I only watched her at Aus Open anyway.

Though you do remember my toughts about her before LA anyway.

Dexter
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah I couldnt watch the final in time :lol:

But my toughts doesnt appear by one match anyway,she is like that since Berlin :shrug: Before that tournement I only watched her at Aus Open anyway.

Though you do remember my toughts about her before LA anyway.Ooops, you might not enjoy watching her at US Open then.

cmonmasha
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I like the cmons and gruntings..especialkly if both players r doing it, because it gives exitement to the match. I don't like ana ivanovic and never will, but I think the "cmons" bring energy to her game, and it seems they help

tobi
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Ooops, you might not enjoy watching her at US Open then.
I am not going to stop watching a grand slam because of some annoying players :wavey:

alexia1huff
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:46 PM
To everyone I was actually referring more to grunting during the point, saying come on is fine, indeed safina and sharapova are just over animated, ivanovic is slightly to but i like the attitude from her, because it's emotional and her voice is subtler which makes it all right for me. Overall the grunting during a point is what pisses me off, BADLY! So that's why i said that about sharapova.

Princeza
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:53 PM
To everyone I was actually referring more to grunting during the point, saying come on is fine, indeed safina and sharapova are just over animated, ivanovic is slightly to but i like the attitude from her, because it's emotional and her voice is subtler which makes it all right for me. Overall the grunting during a point is what pisses me off, BADLY! So that's why i said that about sharapova.

You love sharapova, you're just in denial :lol:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 15th, 2007, 12:20 AM
She has grunted before just not as intense and not throughout most of the match as is the case lately. I hated it on clay, but I got used to it.

Like when? I sure I must have matches of it then. For me it was first in Amelia Island.
For example in Antwerp this year, she was quiet.

serenaforever
Aug 15th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Alla Kudryavtseva's "c'mons" are the most annoying.

Agreed

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Like when? I sure I must have matches of it then. For me it was first in Amelia Island.
For example in Antwerp this year, she was quiet.In many matches. I rewatched Warsaw 2005 matches one day and she grunted, just not as often in the match as is lately.

darkangel23
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Safina and Sharapova just scream it out sooo loudly that's sooo annoying! There are others for sure like Hantuchova who does it a lot but I mean it is NOT that annoying when she just says it but not as loudly as the other two

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 15th, 2007, 04:00 PM
In many matches. I rewatched Warsaw 2005 matches one day and she grunted, just not as often in the match as is lately.

Then I should check it then. It sounded the same? It can't be that loud then and it has to be rarely.

Warrior
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Get Over It! Players Do This All The Time!

kinglear
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:27 PM

I liked Ivanovic's come-ons; they were cute. :) Plus, she hardly grunts when she plays, so it's cool.