PDA

View Full Version : Anna and Robert Lansdorp

cosmoose
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:26 AM
http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_6458366

"I still feel like my best tennis is ahead of me," she said. "I'm working hard, but I feel I can get better."

Chakvetadze is unique in that she has no official coach and never has since she joined the tour. She travels with her family, usually her father Walter, who gave up his medical practice to oversee her career, though her mother and 9-year-old brother are accompanying her on their first visit to the United States.

But she also has sought the council of Robert Lansdorp, a Southern California-based coach who has mentored Pete Sampras, Tracy Austin, Lindsay Davenport and Maria Sharapova.

Chakvetadze will work with Lansdorp after competing in the WTA's San Diego tour stop next week.

"He wants me to hit harder, to make my shots and serves more powerful," she said. "He's a great guy."

Still, Chakvetadze prefers to pick and choose the advice she receives from any of several people she has sought guidance from.

"All the coaches have something good to offer, but maybe another coach knows something better," she said. "Maybe, for you, it's good to try all of them and do what's good for your game. You're the one playing on the court, not the coach."

Don't know who this Walter is...:confused:

lilimi
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:29 AM
he's Bartoli's father... :haha: