PDA

View Full Version : Climbing back where she belongs....Top 10

mettabear
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:38 AM
:bounce: :bounce: dancing bear :bounce: :bounce:

I know consistency is more important than ranking, but my heart bursts with pride knowing Momo is again in the world Top 10. results and attitude indicate that she has worked hard and is beginning to believe in her true potential. I accept the dominance of the sisters for the next few years as this will give Amelie time to build on the recent lessons learnt, pick up points in 1/4 and semi finals, nurture her maturing 'tennis brain' (Billy Jean makes the point that it's not just power but more importantly...choice of shot..that divides good players from great players) and look for opportunities to consolidate closer to Top 5.

ps.. she has a lovely volley...especially in full flight:hearts: and I can't wait to see her do it again and again and again....sorry the thought just triggers a tingling feeling:rolleyes: LOL

please talk to me if you get a chance, I don't cope well between tournaments:eek:
luv
metta

Greenout
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Amelie reminds me of my first tennis
favorites- Gaby Sabatini and Kimiko Date.
We're talking pure natural movement on
court. Nothing forced or ugly; really just
really classic form, and just a delight to
behold.

I know what you mean Metta. :)
It's a joy watching Amelie on court with
her 1 handed backhands, nice forward
steps to the net etc...

I always liked players who are finesse
and talent over the power hitters. I think
the Amelie is a power hitter remark is quite
incorrect. There's alot of grace and flair in
her on court style- it's not just blasting away
from the baseline nor wacking winners to
the body of the opponent. Amelie is no
clumsy ox going forward or sideways on court
unlike alot of players in the top 20.

If there's anyone that can bring the finesse
back to tennis it's Amelie. I sense a bit of
respect toward Amelie from the Williams, Jenn,
Davenports and Hingis's of the world that
other players just don't get.

Other players
I love watching are Henin, Patty, Natalie Dechy
etc...

Lapin
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:27 AM
Hi Mettabear and Greenout :wavey:

Yes, it was a great Wimbledon for Amélie! :D I don't think any of us expected to see her in the semi-finals, but she got there and with a great win over Jennifer! You're right her tennis is so beautiful to watch and her volleying, well, it just looks so natural as she's such a great athlete! John McEnroe said after her match against Jennifer 'That was just a fantastic exhibition of volleying and if she can do it that well, she should do it all the time....!'

and Martina Navratilova: 'Amélie Mauresmo joue mieux que jamais. Ce tournoi pourrait lui permettre d'éclater au plus haut niveau. Elle avait déjà fait fort à l'Open d'Australie 1999 mais elle n'avait pas encore exploité tour son talent. Sa défaite au premier tour à Roland-Garros l'an dernier avait sans doute eu l'effet d'un coup de frien mais maintenant je pense qu'on devrait bientôt voir le meilleur de ce qu'elle peut faire. Quand on voit son talent, on se demande pourquoi elle ne gagne pas plus. C'est beau de voir que ça vient.....'

Translated by Babelfish:

' Amélie Mauresmo plays better than ever. This tournament could enable her to burst on the most level. It had already made extremely with Open of Australia 1999 but it had not exploited yet turn its talent. Its defeat with the first turn in Roland-Garros last year had undoubtedly had the effect of a blow of frien but now I think that one should see the best of soon than it can make. When her talent is seen, one wonders why she does not gain more. It is beautiful to see that that comes.....'

You're right Metta, we should be very proud of Amélie! She didn't leave Wimbledon with the trophy but I'm sure she learnt a lot whilst she was there, (including that the British public just love to watch players who are able to volley well!) She is so talented, she can hit powerful shots but also mix her shots up really well and now volley too! :D

Allez Amélie, keep it going, you can do it, I have every confidence in you! :)

Hey Metta, how about if I post some more photo's in the next few days to cheer you up ;) Maybe not tomorrow, but as soon as I can!

mettabear
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:26 AM
.....metta love lapin:hearts:

mettabear
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:29 AM
:wavey: nice to meet you Greenout:wavey:
thanks for the chat...talk again soon

yours
metta

dhenni
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:48 AM
I feel so optimistic about Amélie’s game and about her chances to advance in the rankings. She has only 543 points to defend for the rest of the year (including 262 at the USO), less than all the other players ahead of her.

She’s jumped from #11 to 7 in the year race....:bounce:.....:D

..... Billie-Jean, Martina N and John M - wise words!!! :)

Greenout, :wavey:
How well you describe it..... :)

.......The reason I love Amélie’s game is because it contains of a mix of power and immense technical skill. She has the all court game that I want in tennis. I'm wondering if it’s a coincident that I love Amélie’s tennis AND music and art too? LOL.... I’m waiting for the consistency..... I’m waiting for her to show much more of what I know she can do.... I can’t get enough of it....

I know you can do it, Amélie! Show us! :bounce: :D

Hey Lapin, :)
Can I have a look at those pics too ;) if it’s OK with you, metta? ;)

mettabear
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:23 AM
...for you dhenni...anything;)

seeya
metta

Sonja
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:16 PM
applause to everyone

*Sonja waits impatiently for lapin to post more photos, and makes mental note to hint to linnie about posting more also*

Linnie
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:34 PM
*Linnie gets the hint* :p
Sonja, check your mail in a couple of days ;)

Hi everyone! :wavey: