PDA

View Full Version : one of the following players has been doped at FO

Beat
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:21 AM
according to various newspaper, the players were tested form the fourth round on for singles and QF for doubles. so that leaves:
capriati
schnyder
srebotnik
dokic
s. williams
zvonareva
farina elia
pierce
suarez
mauresmo
dementieva
fernandez
seles
hantuchova
rubin
v. williams
raymond
stubbs
asagoe
musgrave
fujiwara
sugiyama
mandula
wartusch
arendt
huber
grande
testud
vinci
ruano pascual

Nan Cu
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:34 AM
It's either,

Dementieva
Capriati
Zvonareva

Greenout
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Let's start by taking out the ones who clearly
would not do that.

1) All the French players. Their sports federation
is so on top of doping that it's hardly likely to be
on of them.

Take out Testud and Mauresmo.

2) Un-likely to be a Japanese player. They want
to win;but doping isn't the usual method for
sports players. Again; their sports federations
really hate that sort of thing. It be too much of
a scandal.

Take out Fujiwara, Asagoe and Sugiyama

3) For it to be effective- a person's form must
be pretty high. No fatigue etc...

Take out Seles , Srebotnik, and Grande.

4) The player doping would actually have
some sort of muscle gain. These players
are way to skinny.

Take out Daniela and Fernandez.

Ok- that leaves these players. All pretty healthy
looking and winning matches.

Hmmmm??

irma
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:05 AM
take out andre and pavel(of course in his case it was no suprise that he did) they looked pretty fatigue in their quarterfinals!

The Crow
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:24 AM
This is all speculation. Since there are tests after the first round, it could be anyone that entered RG.

Celeste
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Let's wait and see what the actual "drug" was. Remember Larisa was busted for like caffeine or something. It may be against the rules, but I'm not going to hold a "drug grudge" against someone for too much caffeine. Will they ever make public the identity of the player?

ys
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:27 PM
4) The player doping would actually have
some sort of muscle gain. These players
are way to skinny.

Petr Korda looked skinny, didn't he?

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:33 PM
the ITF are pissed off at the FFT for releasing the story before FINAL tests have been completed.

tennischick
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:39 PM
and they should be pissed! look at the kind of speculation this is already fueling? :mad:

saby
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:32 PM
News from french sport newspaper, doping cases of Roland Garros would be medicaments, but there is an investigation .

* One of the drug is giving to a patient for a surgery

* Second one is taking by people who are depressive

with doctor's agreement

:angel: :angel: :angel:

anton
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:35 PM
jennifer has done drugs before so she is definately a suspect. I seriously doubt Sandrine Testud would be taking steroids since she is pregant.

veryborednow
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by anton
jennifer has done drugs before so she is definately a suspect. I seriously doubt Sandrine Testud would be taking steroids since she is pregant.

oh for fuck sake. slight difference between canabis and steroids.... tosser, are you aware of the shit coming out of your cack whole?

don't you think she would have performed better and looked less tired??

Dirty Sanchez
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:36 PM
I really don't think it's Capriati.

She's done drugs before and all that's behind her.

And if it was her they didn't work very well did they??

venusfan
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by anton

LMAO!!!!!

ziggy
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:44 PM
This is really stupid. Do you think the WTA would out one of it's marquee players? the cash cows...I agree and hope that noone in the top ten is stupid enough to do something like this. I doubt it is Jen or Venus or Serena...You can all guess till the cows come home...but the WTA wont tell...if it is one of the top girls she will probably have a sudden injury while she sits out her suspension...

irma
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:44 PM
if the two players had docters orders to take them then they are not to blame anyway!

Martian KC
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:06 PM
I really don't think they would actually announce who it was if it was an American.:rolleyes:

paul_masterton
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:13 PM
they tested at random from teh first round of qualifying - it coudl be anyone and everyone.

only from round quarter-finals onwards was every player tested.

Paul

selesfan
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Of course it has to be an American.:rolleyes:

Couver
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:32 PM
This is useless, I really don't think it's anyone, and certainly not anyone in the top ten! These women have looked like this for ages and have always played the same level (most of the time)

I'm still waiting for some to accuse Venus & Serena because they are too muscled LMAO.

And I highly doubt Jennifer is doing them. She's just fit, she's not that muscular.

Just because you hate them doesn't mean they take drugs LOL

Pureracket
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Again, the report that I read calls them "illegal substances". They don't have to be steroids (which don't always make people bigger, by the way) or any other kind of drug.

As it stands, the competitor could have even mistakenly taken the drug as a result of another serious ailment.

Cassius
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:42 AM
CLOCKER's right. An Olympic athlete (a British skier) got his medal taken away from him because he was busted for 'illegal substances'. He used the cough remedy 'Viks' (or however the fuck you spell it).
The 'illegal substance' could really be ANYTHING.

Cassius
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:52 AM
This is the www.eurosport.com article about the 'drug taking':

'Two players test positive at French Open
The International Tennis Federation (ITF) hit out at a French anti-doping agency on Monday after it announced two players had tested positive for drug use at the French Open last month.
The players were not named and the ITF -- the grand slam event's organising body -- immediately rounded on the Conseil de Prevention et de Lutte Contre le Dopage (CPLD) for releasing the information in what they described as a "premature" fashion.
"The ITF is surprised that the CPLD has disclosed that there are two positive results from anti-doping tests taken at 2002 Roland Garros," an ITF spokesman said.
"One of the key principles of the tennis anti-doping programme is the belief that players are innocent until proven guilty.
"In accordance with the tennis anti-doping programme and the ITF's signed agreement with the French government, positive results are announced only when procedures are concluded.
"Therefore any announcement at this time is premature." The spokesman added that "procedures" meant that an 'A' sample and a 'B' sample should be taken and a tribunal held before announcements are made.
Only an 'A' -- or initial -- sample would have been taken and tested so far, the spokesman said.
The CPLD is an independent body sanctioned by the French government. The CPLD's test results were made public just days after the ITF announced they were gearing up to introduce blood testing to back up new advanced urine tests for the blood-boosting agent EPO and other new superdrugs.
New tests, including blood screening and a more advanced system of urine testing, could be in place before the Australian Open in January next year, the ITF's executive director Debbie Jevans said last Tuesday.
ITF lawyers are currently working on amending their regulations to allow blood testing of players -- currently not in the ITF rules -- if the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) deems it necessary as a back-up for advanced EPO urine testing.
The ITF currently spends $1 million on doping tests each year. A basic urine test -- which can detect the presence of steroids -- costs $150.
The more advanced urine test -- which would detect EPO and newer blood-boosting drugs including the more powerful NESP -- costs up to $500.
Jevans said the ITF expects WADA to announce on September 15 that blood tests will be required as a back-up for any EPO urine testing. When that announcement is made, the ITF will begin blood screening and advanced urine testing.
WADA was established by the International Olympic Committee in 1999 to promote and coordinate the fight against doping in sport internationally.
Last year, 700 tennis players -- men and women -- underwent basic urine tests and each top-10 male player was tested on average more than seven times.
Since dope testing was introduced seven years ago there have been 8,000 tests carried out.
Of those 8,000 just seven players have been proved to have tested positive.
supplied by Reuters'

Celeste
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:55 AM
You see, I wanted to know what the drug was! Some depressed girl, potentially a chain smoker (? lol ?) is now subject to a heap of scorn. And for what? Who hasn't been depressed and chain smoked? If I had to spend days at a time out of town cooped up in a hotel room, I'd be smoking like hell. What else is there to do? I agree the reports were a little irresponsible. Or the sun-tan lotion. These reports ought to demonstrate to us that testing does go on and the women don't use steroids. Ok?

venusfan
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:55 AM
It could be Mauresmo,Alexandra or Kournikova... but Capriati has taken drugs before so she is my #1 abuser right now with Amelia right behind.

JonBcn
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:02 AM
Jesus, most of you are really showing your ignorance about banned substances and their use. Most of you have probably ingested something in the last month that would have you caught out under a doping regime. But of course, its far easier to throw dirt at players you dont like than to consider the fact that they may have just got unlucky. Lets wait and see what happened before we start making childish playground accusations, shall we kids?

Cassius
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:11 AM
Most of you are really showing your ignorance about banned substances and their use. Most of you have probably ingested something in the last month that would have you caught out under a doping regime. But of course, its far easier to throw dirt at players you dont like than to consider the fact that they may have just got unlucky. Lets wait and see what happened before we start making childish playground accusations, shall we kids?
Well said.
What's the proverb?......................'Innocent 'till proven guilty'.