PDA

View Full Version : San Diego 3r: (10)Venus Williams def. (6)Daniela Hantuchova 60 63

vw.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:18 AM
Fantastic win for Venus. Absolutely aced her first real "test."

Now Chakvetadze in the QF. Repeat of Fed Cup please!

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:19 AM
Never in doubt. Take out Chakvetadze next. Slight lapse in the beginning of the second set. Got broken at 1-2 despite leading 40-0 but broke back and got your game back on track. I guess Hantuchova and Golovin learned something today. They arent in the same league as Venus and Maria. My faves have just bee fulfilling my bagel cravings today.

RJWCapriati
Wonderful job!!

LeRoy.
same score as Maria / Golovin

Expat
first set bagel

ico4498
V!

RenaSlam.
She should beat Anna C in the QF. Anna will be tired and Venus just has too much game for her.

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:20 AM
Good work Venus. That second set was a bit rocky and the first serve percentage and break percentage could've been better but a win is a win.

Keep up the good form! :yeah:
I just hate that you have to beat my other two favs en route. :o

Daniela :hug:

NyCPsU
dani sucked on converting gps/bps. match was much closer than the score shows imo. :shrug:

vw.
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5889/untitlednd5.jpg

RenaSlam.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:21 AM
dani sucked on converting gps/bps. match was much closer than the score shows imo. :shrug:

Nah.

RJWCapriati
same score as Maria / Golovin

Yep just now noticed that myself!

vw.
Match was closer than score. Lots of long deuce games.

GL vs. Chakvetadze!!

BigBabeTENNIS
love yea venus

venus_rulez
Good job Venus, bring home San Diego title #4 :bounce:

starin
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:22 AM
Great job by Venus against a tough opponent. And another top 10 win!!!!
:worship: Venus. Keep this form up for the USO and everything will be great!

now 9-0 against Hantuchova ;)

Dawson's Creek
Pretty decent match from Venus. Nothing particularly spectacular. She had a few hiccups here and there. Glad she closed it out though. You will probably have to pick it up in your next round, Venus. Bets of luck. Win the title.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Venus :worship: Glad to see you handled her easily (especially the first set)

Good luck in the next round :hug:

Tennisation
dani sucked on converting gps/bps. match was much closer than the score shows imo. :shrug:we can say the same about Vee's horrible break point conversions as well, that's no excuse for Dani's loss.

venusallday
take it home, Vee! Good Job!

ico4498
V!

IceSkaTennisFan
1 out of 7 break points... It would have been close had she won some games in the first set :kiss:

LindsayRulz
Vee :yeah:

Andrew Laeddis

venus wasnt exactly stellar in converting bps eithers. she was 5/14. it shouldnt have been this close. venus had a mini-choke but recovered. nothing about a 6-0,6-3 loss is close.

supergrunt
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:23 AM

Nope, Daniela just got her ass kicked! :p :crazy: :wazzup: Way to go V!!! :D

Infiniti2001
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5424/image11tt9.jpg

NyCPsU
we can say the same about Vee's horrible break point conversions as well, that's no excuse for Dani's loss.

well dani's was far worse.
and almost every game went to deuce. vee just played the big points better tonight in almost every game.

trufanjay
Nice job Venus!

xr6turbo
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:24 AM
Go Venus!

CrossCourt~Rally
:worship: V :worship:

Knizzle
Venus 12 match win streak
Chaky 11 match win streak

Something's gotta give....Go Venus! BTW Venus' 6th straight top ten win.

Derek.
That's embarrassing, Daniela. :o

Wayn77
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:25 AM
Congratulations Vee - another rock solid performance.

This girl gonna take some stopping. :eek:

azmad_88
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:25 AM
congrats venus!

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:26 AM
and almost every game went to deuce. vee just played the big points better tonight in almost every game.

only in the second set once venus's level and first serve percentage dropped.

venusallday
winner to errors ratio anyone?

victory1

Venus did not face a break point until the 2nd set. I think she got bored of how easy the 1st set was.

The Kaz
Dani :sad:

40-0
v came back from 0-40 twice. good!

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:27 AM

whats amazing is that venus streak has included many top 10 wins. not so much for anna

UDACHi
daniela is a hot mess. she had plenty of chances.
good win for venus. she responded well to a test.

-SheLL-
oh dear Dani :sad:

tonythetiger
Good job Venus! Two bagels in the same tournament! Sorry Dani! You're still one of my favorites.

Take down Anna next Venus!

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
Dani :o

-VSR-
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
I like the bagel. :drool:

5 aces to 2 DF's is pretty sweet too. Go Venus!

Hots4Safin
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:29 AM

I hadn't even realized Hantucova was in there!

ico4498
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:29 AM
http://static.mazdas247.com/smilies/emoticondancer.gif

mdterp01
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:30 AM
Venus, darling...this is the kind of tennis I knew you were still capbale of. Unfortunately, she's so often injured that she can rarely play back to back tournaments to get a rhythm going and get that confidence going!! Keep it up babe. You are playing wonderfully and handing those bagels OUT to these girls!! Go Queen Vee!! :bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship:

:wavey: Daniela

And yes...there is NOTHING close about 6-0, 6-3. You don't get credit for ALMOST winning games or taking them to deuce.

Foxy
Daniella is a top player and she's been on the tour for quite a while now. Venus should not be rolling over her as if she had just come on tour.

Just like Roger gets broken during his matches, Venus is suppose to get broken during her matches because the field is playing better.

I like it when all of these players are challenged and give the crowd a good game like the men. They pay money to see these players battle it out, especially the top players.

Venus can't play every game without getting broken, but the important thing is that she won.

Daniella should have won more than 3 games considering her ranking and she's a top player.

Tatiana should have won more than 3 games against Maria too. We don't want all easy matches for the players. The fans want a good game and may the best woman win.

Derek.
Embarrassing, Daniela. :(

Paneru
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:31 AM
Good job Venus! :cool:

Despite the final scoreline, this was
a very competitive match.

NyCPsU
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:33 AM
wow, i said closer than the score shows imo. that doesnt mean i thought the match was close. but venus didnt exactly cruise through that 2nd set is all im saying.

damn.

Sportfan
Nice job Venus keep it up next round

cometz9
Keep It Up Venus!!! :drool:

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:34 AM
That's embarrassing, Daniela. :o

not embarrassing. at least it was to a much better players.

IceSkaTennisFan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:35 AM
Tatiana should have won more than 3 games against Maria too. We don't want all easy matches for the players. The fans want a good game and may the best woman win.
It's real life, too, and sometimes asswhippins are all that are left in the tank for a while.

heytennis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:35 AM
:( Daniela is so much better than the score.

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:37 AM
not embarrassing. at least it was to a much better players.

I don't care who she played.

It was embarrassing.

starin
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:37 AM
wow, i said closer than the score shows imo. that doesnt mean i thought the match was close. but venus didnt exactly cruise through that 2nd set is all im saying.

damn.

I know what you mean about it being closer than what 60 63 indicates. I remember I played a match where I got skewered 60 but every game was close and I felt like I was right there in the match even though I didn't win a game.

JPA
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:38 AM
Venus did great but Daniela definitely had her chances in the 2nd set but needs to learn how to take them against the top players.

Derek.

damn.

Most V&S fans hate Daniela.

What do you expect. :shrug:

supergrunt
Daniela must have played well to make the second so close.

-VSR-
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:41 AM

Why would a V&S fan hate Daniela. I love her. Venus owns that girl 9-0. Nothing I hate about that. :drool:

starin
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:41 AM

why would WS fans hate Daniela, she's never beaten Venus and has only beaten Serena once. There's no reason to hate Daniela. Some Venus fans are just sensitive but no more sensitive than other hardcore fans of other players.

plantman
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:43 AM
An o.k. win for Venus!
I like Chakvetadze's chances better after seeing the stats of this match. The youngsters on a role and will not be intimidated by Venus. Should be a close match going either way!

Infiniti2001
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:43 AM

Dunno about other Vee fans, but Dani has given me no reason to hate on her. After all , she's Vee's bitch http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7109/funnygo1.gif

Expat
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:44 AM
why would WS fans hate Daniela, she's never beaten Venus and has only beaten Serena once. There's no reason to hate Daniela. Some Venus fans are just sensitive but no more sensitive than other hardcore fans of other players.lol so true

-VSR-
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:45 AM
An o.k. win for Venus!
I like Chakvetadze's chances better after seeing the stats of this match. The youngsters on a role and will not be intimidated by Venus. Should be a close match going either way!

Venus still beat her convincingly at Fed Cup and she was damn tired after Wimbledon, while Anna C had plenty of time to rest. Also, Venus loves to attack the serve and Anna C's second serve isn't all that great. I'm just saying Venus is going to be full of confidence and ready to play.

sfselesfan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:48 AM
Hell-to-the-YEAH! RIGHT ON!!!

I should have been there for live scoring...dammit!

Setting my DVR right now for tomorrow.

SF

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:49 AM
Daniella is a top player and she's been on the tour for quite a while now. Venus should not be rolling over her as if she had just come on tour.

Just like Roger gets broken during his matches, Venus is suppose to get broken during her matches because the field is playing better.

I like it when all of these players are challenged and give the crowd a good game like the men. They pay money to see these players battle it out, especially the top players.

Venus can't play every game without getting broken, but the important thing is that she won.

Daniella should have won more than 3 games considering her ranking and she's a top player.

golovin is not a top ten player. you wont see roger get broken by many players not in the top 10 and if roger had a serve like roddicks which is the atp equivalent of venus serve i doubt roger would get broken no matter who he faced. being a top 10 player doesnt mean you should always play other top players closely. besides daniela is only in the top 10 becuase vaidisova have withdrew from a lot of tournaments and her ranking has dropped.

Brooklyn90
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:50 AM
Nice win :yeah:

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:51 AM
Why would a V&S fan hate Daniela. I love her. Venus owns that girl 9-0. Nothing I hate about that. :drool:

i agree. i think daniela is a little overrated but that has nothing to do with me being a venus fan. i like daniela. she never beats my two favorite players (venus and sharapova. as long as she continues to lose to them she is alright with me.

DemWilliamsGulls
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:53 AM

OK! Hantuchova does not have the game to beat Venus...nothing really special about her game.....

winone23
Congrats Venus! Dani keep fighting!

sfselesfan
An ol' school a$$ whoopin!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SF

tonythetiger
Dani is not a top 10 player, she is ranked 12. I hope Venus wins the whole thing.

winone23
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:56 AM

You mean 7th top ten win;)

serenafan08
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:14 AM
Venus's confidence is growing, and that's an ominous sign for the other players. She's got that swagger back, and I think she is going to make a huge splash at the US Open this year. If Serena gets healthy in time, she'll be right there too. But Venus is dispatching good players with ease. It's incredible to see - and so satisfying because after the French Open people were saying, "Oh she's never going to be a contender again." Well looks like she's proved her doubters wrong, just like Lil' Sis did in Australia! I'm loving it! :hearts:

cancelled1
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:14 AM
Good job Venus:yeah:

Rod the Bama
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:17 AM
Very impressive showing there from Venus.

As for Dani, this is what i was afraid would happen to her. :(

ico4498
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:17 AM
http://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/images/smilies/venus.gif

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:20 AM
why would WS fans hate Daniela, she's never beaten Venus and has only beaten Serena once. There's no reason to hate Daniela. Some Venus fans are just sensitive but no more sensitive than other hardcore fans of other players.

Well, many Serena fans like to talk crap about her.

Zweli
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:21 AM
Vee, :bounce:

RenaSlam.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:22 AM

Yeah? So fucking what? Welcome to WTA World, Bitch.

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:23 AM
Yeah? So fucking what? Welcome to WTA World, Bitch.

Step up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:23 AM

Interesting because the Serena love from Daniela fans is soooo impressive :rolleyes:
Sorry to disappoint you but Daniela isn't important enough to think about on a regular basis.

Congrats Venus :yeah:

RenaSlam.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:25 AM
Step up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE

You are such a little pussy.

"Wah Wah, Serena fans like to talk shit on my girl Daniela..."

Get over it bro, everyone talks shit on everyone else's faves...

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:25 AM
Interesting because the Serena love from Daniela fans is soooo impressive :rolleyes:
Sorry to disappoint you but Daniela isn't important enough to think about on a regular basis.

:yawn:

RenaSlam.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:26 AM
:yawn:

Literally Though.

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:27 AM
You are such a little pussy.

"Wah Wah, Serena fans like to talk shit on my girl Daniela..."

Get over it bro, everyone talks shit on everyone else's faves...

Please don't call me bro, even if it's an expression. Thanks.

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:30 AM

Congrats Venus :yeah:

Respect is mutual. Something you seemingly have no idea about. :wavey:

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:32 AM
Respect is mutual. Something you seemingly have no idea about. :wavey:

Actually it's something Daniela fans for instance have absolutely no idea about reciprocating. You can't expect respect or admiration for Daniela but give none to another. Simple hypocrisy to cry about it. :shrug:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:33 AM
Venus is gonna win The Open.

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:34 AM
Actually it's something Daniela fans for instance have absolutely no idea about reciprocating. You can't expect respect or admiration for Daniela but give none to another. Simple hypocrisy to cry about it. :shrug:

No one is saying anything bad about them.

It's you all insulting Daniela.

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:37 AM

Exactly. I haven't been seeing anyone bash Serena or Venus in this thread from the Dani fans, just saying Venus was too good. But still Rena and Venus fans come in and call her annorexic though she has a bigger belly than Venus now. :rolleyes:

It's REDICKULUS!

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:37 AM

Me? What have I said in this thread about Daniela? That she's not important enough to think about? Because she isn't - perhaps I phrased that wrong and it came out harshly but none more than your blanket statement that all Venus/Serena (and then the amended Serena fans) hate Daniela. Goodness get over yourself. Perfect example of hypocrisy yet again coming from Daniela fans.

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:42 AM
Me? What have I said in this thread about Daniela? That she's not important enough to think about? Because she isn't - perhaps I phrased that wrong and it came out harshly but none more than your blanket statement that all Venus/Serena (and then the amended Serena fans) hate Daniela. Goodness get over yourself. Perfect example of hypocrisy yet again coming from Daniela fans.

I didn't say all.

Learn to read.

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:43 AM

Um yeah it did come across harsh. Derek said many Serena fans diss Daniela which is so obviously true, I don't see how you are working around that. :weirdo:

Daniela's fanbase is not really that arrogant except maybe Daniela_Rockz but he's an idiot so he doesn't count :o

I'd like to know how Daniela isn't important to think about but Serena is? :) I bet you are one that stresses human equality. Now there's an example of hypocrisy :wavey:

xr6turbo
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:46 AM
Dani is not a top 10 player, she is ranked 12. I hope Venus wins the whole thing.
Really? Check the rankings :p

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/ :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:47 AM
I don't weigh no damn 300 lbs. I weigh 165!
How YOU doin'?
(hnaw)

I'ma show you how a bitch go down a slide. (hnaw)

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:49 AM
I didn't say all.

Learn to read.

Sweet, that makes your declaration that much better.

Oh, and all the negativity that you jumped on didn't start in this thread until you, Derek had a go at Venus/Serena fans. The other things about calling Daniela on weight issues is a lie because there is none of that in this thread. Respect Daniela fans know nothing about but Hypocrisy and now lies they do. Reading if fundamental and you obviously didn't get the memo :wavey:

Again, Congrats Venus on a nice win :clap2:

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:49 AM
(hnaw)

I'ma show you how a bitch go down a slide. (hnaw)

Which scientifically proves you be adjustin mah seat! (hnaw)

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:52 AM

Oh, and all the negativity that you jumped on didn't start in this thread until you, Derek had a go at Venus/Serena fans. The other things about calling Daniela on weight issues is a lie because there is none of that in this thread. Respect Daniela fans know nothing about but Hypocrisy and now lies they do. Reading if fundamental and you obviously didn't get the memo :wavey:

I never even mentioned weight, that was Cat's Pajamas. :o

And I had a "go" at V/S fans because everyone jumped on a Daniela fan when he said the 2nd set was closer than the score says. So really the negativity started with you all. :wavey:

You are the one who is struggling to read. Not me.

I guess you were one of those kids who wasn't "Hooked on Phonics". :tape:

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:57 AM

oh so now we shall act like Serena fans don't dig at Daniela's weight at all. Good one. I'd like some names of Daniela fans who disrespect Serena as you so claim :)

I'm sorry I just don't find it funny to keep bringing up something that was a SERIOUS issue a few years ago as a joke. Call me a cynic.

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:59 AM
I never even mentioned weight, that was Cat's Pajamas. :o

Like your generalizing, I'm using your words and Cat's as that of many Daniela fans.

And I had a "go" at V/S fans because everyone jumped on a Daniela fan when he said the 2nd set was closer than the score says. So really the negativity started with you all. :wavey:Seems like you and that Daniela fan simply couldn't take another's view of that opinion. Funny because this is a message board full of different opinions and one should be able to handle another perspective :wavey:

You are the one who is struggling to read. Not me.

I guess you were one of those kids who wasn't "Hooked on Phonics". :tape:Surely this will bring about mutual respect :lol: Seems like you're struggling with a lot, least of all making Daniela a victim of views when she's not. Anyway, since this thread is about Venus beating Daniela, again, Congrats Venus on a nice win :clap2:

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:04 AM
Seems like you and that Daniela fan simply couldn't take another's view in of that opinion. Funny because this is a message board full of different opinions and one should be able to handle another perspective :wavey:

There's a difference between voicing a different opinion and attacking.

Congrats Venus on a nice win :clap2:

Are you going to say that after every post or something? :tape:

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:24 AM
Are you going to say that after every post or something? :tape:

Like your 'Daniela, how embarrassing line'? Seriously, the only thing that matters here is Venus' win and her continued success and progress. Not your delusions and lies :) So, Congrats Venus on a nice win :clap2:

Nite :wavey:

Ben.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:36 AM
Way to go Vee :yeah: a nice comfortable win, just what she needed :D

LucasArg
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:45 AM
Nice score Venus! :wavey:

*Jean*
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:49 AM
Wow Venus impressive scoreline...:eek:

servenrichie
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:50 AM
Dunno about other Vee fans, but Dani has given me no reason to hate on her. After all , she's Vee's bitch http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7109/funnygo1.gif

Exactly, I cheer for the girl against many players, why would I hate her?:lol:

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:50 AM
Like your 'Daniela, how embarrassing line'?

That was here twice because the threads merged. ;)

ico4498
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:56 AM
this WS fan has no antipathy for DH.

Derek, however ... well, just never found whining an attractive trait.

vettipooh
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:57 AM
Solid win, V ! Keep going!!!!!:bounce:

frontier
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:17 AM
sweeee...t:hearts: !you are going to the finals...congratulations!:bounce:

Sexysova
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:21 AM
Venus :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dani :hug:

frenchie
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:23 AM
Wow!

I didn't expect such a scoreline. Venus will win against Anna C too

~Carsten~
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:28 AM
:sobbing: Daniela what a defeat :hug:
I thought this match will be closer

Hots4Safin
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:29 AM

I don't hate her...I almost feel bad for her cause my two favorites have sent her packing in at least half a dozen slams over the years.

The Dawntreader
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:44 AM
Great result Vee, you beatdown merchant!:bounce:

Was always going to be tough for Daniela, she just is too exposed with her movement against Venus.

Tech1
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:05 AM
Venus handles Hantuchova at Acura
Wimbledon champ 9-0 against Russian; Sharapova also reaches quarters
Updated: 9:43 p.m. CT Aug 2, 2007
CARLSBAD, Calif. - Venus Williams beat Daniela Hantuchova again Thursday night, eliminating the No. 6 seed from the Acura Classic with a 6-0, 6-3 victory.

Williams, seeded 10th, beat Hantuchova for the ninth time without a loss. The reigning Wimbledon champion, who won this event from 2000-02, moved into the quarterfinals.

Earlier, Maria Kirilenko earned the biggest victory of her career with a 6-2, 3-6, 7-5 win over No. 3 ranked Jelena Jankovic.

Kirilenko’s victory moved five Russian players into Friday’s quarterfinals, including No. 1 seed Maria Sharapova. The defending tournament champion advanced with a 6-0, 6-3 win over No. 13 Tatiana Golovin of France.

“I just played the tougher points well,” Sharapova said. “I thought I did a really good job of concentrating. I thought I played smart. I thought I played aggressive.”

Kirilenko, unseeded and ranked 42nd in the world, needed three match points in the third set to finish off Jankovic, the No. 2 seed. Kirilenko, 20, beat a top-10 player for the just the third time in her career, but this was her first victory against Jankovic.

“I think Maria played really well, one of her best matches,” Jankovic said of Kirilenko. “I was struggling the whole match. I had a cold. I had my chances. The chances were there, but I didn’t do the right thing.”

Kirilenko credited her aggressive play for the victory.

“With (top players), if you play passive, it doesn’t work,” Kirilenko said. “I tried to be more aggressive and it helped me.”

Kirilenko said she had extra motivation to win the match. Her coach promised to buy her a Labrador retriever if she pulled out a victory.

“At the end of the match I started to think about it,” said Kirilenko as she laughed. “I was thinking, ’Match point, and the dog is mine.”’

No. 11 Patty Schnyder won a matchup of Swiss players with a 6-1, 6-7 (4), 6-3 victory over seventh-seeded Martina Hingis in a third-round match.

Schnyder has beaten Hingis in three of five career meetings.

Of the remaining Russians, ninth-seeded Elena Dementieva was the most impressive with a 6-4, 7-5 victory over No. 5 seed Marion Bartoli of France.

Third-seeded Anna Chakvetadze advanced with a 6-4, 6-4 win over Japan’s Ai Sugiyama for her 11th straight victory. No. 4 seed Nadia Petrova was a 6-3, 7-6 (10) winner over Slovenia’s Katarina Srebotnik.

Eighth-seeded Dinara Safina of Russia was beaten by India’s Sania Mirza, 6-1. 6-2. Mirza is coming off a runner-up finish to Chakvetadze on Sunday in the Bank of the West Classic at Stanford.

A change of strategy helped lift Dementieva over Bartoli, a Wimbledon finalist this year. Dementieva decided to vary her hitting tempo in the third-round match.

“I changed up my tactics because I know that she likes to play fast,” Dementieva said. “I hit some drop shots and tried to change the pace.”
Bartoli, who lost to Williams in straight sets at the Wimbledon finals, agreed that Dementieva’s tactics worked.

“You look like you’re in control, but she makes you work for every point,” Bartoli said. “You think you’re on top of her but if you don’t play a quick ball, she’ll push it back at you and put pressure on you.”

Chakvetadze, winner of the last two WTA tournaments and 22 of 24 matches since May, was pushed by Sugiyama. But she overcame Sugiyama, who has beaten four top 10-ranked opponents in 13 tournaments in San Diego.

Mr.Kardashian
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:07 AM
go venus!

safinforlife
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:09 AM
i watched venus live today against hantuchova and venus played some scary good tennis. this is the best hardcourt match i have seen from her in a while

ce
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:11 AM
well done :worship:

silverwhite
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:13 AM
I don't hate her...I almost feel bad for her cause my two favorites have sent her packing in at least half a dozen slams over the years.

I dislike Hantuchova but it certainly doesn't have anything to do with being a Williams fan. I mean, those who say that need to look up her H2H against the sisters. :tape::tape::tape:

Bolero
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Venus just too good
Daniela :hug:

Oriental_Rain
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:22 AM
Hantuchova is the Williams bitch what can I say :o

nhissan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:47 AM
San Diego is not on Eurosport?

.:sk:.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Dani :sad: :hug:

vwfan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:57 AM

What do you expect. :shrug:really? why? it's not like she has posed much of a threat to them. :o

anyway, i like her. and even root for her on ocassion.

but back on thread topic! way to go Vee. impressive win.

Viktymise
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:11 AM
:eek: Venus, i didn't think it would be that easy :yeah: :bounce: Go all the way, please.

Russianboy
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:15 AM
yay venus :D wonderful scoreline

nhissan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:28 AM
really? why? it's not like she has posed much of a threat to them. :o

anyway, i like her. and even root for her on ocassion.

but back on thread topic! way to go Vee. impressive win.

No that's BS :rolleyes:
He is the one who always root against the WS no matter who is their opponent

Matt01
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
i think daniela is a little overrated but that has nothing to do with me being a venus fan. i like daniela. she never beats my two favorite players (venus and sharapova. as long as she continues to lose to them she is alright with me.

Wow, you are so mature :rolleyes:

Il Primo!
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:52 AM
well there americans and williams fans
how more retarted can you be in life ? :shrug:

OMG. You strike again.

Wow Venus you annihilated her!:tape: Daniela is not dangerous enough to hate her when you're a Williams's fan.

Thanx4nothin
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:52 AM
Excellentwin, expected it to be tougher.

LefandePatty
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Danka. :tape:

new-york
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:58 AM
nice scoreline, keep it up for Americanna Hardcoutadze.

Chance
Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:20 AM
Another good win! Closer to the top 10

Ceze
Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:26 AM
Nice win Venus :yeah:

Marshmallow
Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:29 AM
I thought it would be tougher, but am thrilled the scoreline was this sweet. I mean look Daniela was winning IW this year, she has been playing well. To be bagelled and only win 3 games... sounds like a very good performance from Venus. :bounce:

Please keep it up against Anna. VERY winnable.

Kunal
Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
great job

wonderful scoreline to see

andrewC
Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:54 AM
Go Venus, impressive... Hope this builds up to a US Open victory for you, and YEC ;) :banana:

GracefulVenus
Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:58 AM
Impressive wins so far Venus. Now Chakvetadze!

GracefulVenus
Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
Go Venus, impressive... Hope this builds up to a US Open victory for you, and YEC ;) :banana:

My thoughts exactly! YEC Here she comes! :yeah:

mc8114
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:13 PM
Daniela :sad:

well done Venus :sobbing:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
GO VENUS!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bijoux0021
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:24 PM
I love the bagel, Venus! :bounce:

Tennisaddict
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
:eek: Venus is really keeping her form here! I tought the score would be much closer. I hope she can be this consistent all summer hardcourt season. I want to see her tomorrow in the semis.

Josh.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:26 PM
:spit: oh lord.

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Well done Venus!:worship:

Tennisaddict
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:38 PM
An o.k. win for Venus!

Nah, Venus beat Chakvetadze pretty convincingly at Fed Cup 6:1 6:4 while she was very tired just coming of her Wimbledon win while Chakvetadze had more time to rest. This time Chaky has played a lot and Venus should be fresher. The score could be close but it wouldnīt surprise me if Vee serves up another bagel. I donīt the match will be going either way. Chaky doesnīt have anything on Venus if she plays like she can.

volta
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Sweet Vee :drool: :hearts:

papru
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:48 PM
Danka :sobbing:

mauresmofan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:50 PM
Venus is really making up for lost time these days. great to have her back playing really good tennis again. Now if only Amelie would get over her depression and come back things would get really interesting in the race to Madrid.

CORIA01
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
:eek: AT THE SCORE

woosey
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:00 PM
as expected...

Tennisaddict
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:01 PM
San Diego is not on Eurosport?

Yes, they will show the semis on Saturday and final on Sunday.

nhissan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:17 PM
Yes, they will show the semis on Saturday and final on Sunday.

thanks for the info :)

V-MAC
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:32 PM
Venus :bounce: Great scoreline ;)

KBdoubleu
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
well there americans and williams fans
how more retarted can you be in life ? :shrug:

you spelt "retarted" wrong and used the wrong form of "there"...

tae04
Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:07 PM
Go Vee

SV_Fan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:09 PM
I wonder would you rather loose 6-1 6-2 or 6-0 6-3 aither way you only won 3 three games.

Lulu.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:46 PM
Dani :hug:

dangerjenny
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
way to go Vee

Jean-Pierre.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Hantuchova is a joke! Easily the worst player to ever crack the top 10. :haha: :lol: :spit: :rolls:

DA FOREHAND
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:46 PM

Really? Care to share the data/stats where you cooked up this theory? Daniela isn't a threat to either player why would their fans hate her?:wavey: