PDA

View Full Version : Venus Could move into top 10 by Sunday!

blaqsql
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:17 AM
Venus Could move into the top 10 if she wins the Acura Classic. Her ranking would be No.9

If she gets to the Semi-Finals she comes in at No.10!

Yeal.....so happy for Vee! Beat Hantuchova AGAIN!!!

LudwigDvorak
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:19 AM
Right where she belongs.

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:20 AM
Right where she belongs.

if she wins montreal she'll be even higher which will boost her us open chances because she wont have to face top players until late in the tourney.

RenaSlam.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:22 AM
V and Rena in the Top 10 by the USO = Trouble for the rest of the WTA Tour.

:) :worship:

LudwigDvorak
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:23 AM
Let's let Venus beat Chakvetadze first before we start getting the champagne out. Chakvetadze scares me, she could beat Venus on an off day. Let's hope her form continues.

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:23 AM

Vee and Rena playing = Trouble for the rest of the WTA Tour

Foxy
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:24 AM
I think the other players want Venus in the top 10 so they don't have to face her in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Venus is on a roll. And like Carillo stated, Venus and Serena don't care where they are because their ranking doesn't matter when they make their minds up to win.

venus_rulez
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:25 AM
Yeah, Anna is nothing to sneeze at, but Venus would have to give her a lot of help for there to be an upset.

RenaSlam.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:26 AM
What is V's ranking now?

Dawn Marie
great news! Anna C will not roll over easily! This kid is on fire! This will be an interesting match! I'm glad that all matches will be on TV from now on! WHoooooo Hoooooooooooo!

keep up the great form Venus!!

LindsayRulz
Great :)

jrollaneres25
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:28 AM
Vee and Rena on the other side of the net= trouble for the rest of the WTA. ;)

I'm soooooo excited for Vee! She has been my favorite since 2003. Venus is now back and I don't think she's letting go her grip until she retires in like 6 or 7 years!:lick: :lick:

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:29 AM
Let's let Venus beat Chakvetadze first before we start getting the champagne out. Chakvetadze scares me, she could beat Venus on an off day. Let's hope her form continues.

i think venus should be fine. venus should be able to take advantage of annas poor serving. i expect a repeat of the fed cup match they played recently

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:30 AM
great news! Anna C will not roll over easily! This kid is on fire! This will be an interesting match! I'm glad that all matches will be on TV from now on! WHoooooo Hoooooooooooo!

keep up the great form Venus!!

shes not on fire against top players. whenever she plays them. she crumbles.

starin
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:31 AM
this thread is wayyyyy too premature.

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:31 AM
i was so worried venus might lose her consistency after wimbledon but she has continued to play well. even her lapses have been shorter than usual. sometime they ca last for a set and half which means trouble.

In The Zone
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:32 AM
Because Petrova is performing well enough, Venus if she wins the title will come in at #10.

One match at a time. Anna will be a nice warmup for Venus before she gets Mirza ( I mean .... Sharapova ). :o

ico4498
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:33 AM
http://static.mazdas247.com/smilies/band.gif

Expat
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:33 AM
shes not on fire against top players. whenever she plays them. she crumbles.are we talking abt venus or anna

RenaSlam.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:35 AM
are we talking abt venus or anna

Who do you think? Anna, duh.

Venus has beaten Maria, Svetlana, Ana I, Anna C., and now Daniela (all Top 10- the first three are Top 5 players).

Venus is doing just fine.

cometz9
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:39 AM
What is V's ranking now?

she's currently #13

Expat
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:41 AM
Who do you think? Anna, duh.

Venus has beaten Maria, Svetlana, Ana I, Anna C., and now Daniela (all Top 10- the first three are Top 5 players).

Venus is doing just fine.
hey u and i are proud veetards
i felt as if she was asking venus's form
ma fault

starin
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:43 AM
i was so worried venus might lose her consistency after wimbledon but she has continued to play well. even her lapses have been shorter than usual. sometime they ca last for a set and half which means trouble.

yeah at the beginning of the year she would go through lapses where she would just DF and hit UE like crazy and before you knew it she would be double break down in like less than 5 min. Hopefully as long as she can stay healthy those long lapses will go away for awhile.

Infiniti2001
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:48 AM
SWEET!! Come on Vee :bounce:

jrollaneres25
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:56 AM
shes not on fire against top players. whenever she plays them. she crumbles.

She does? Hmm..... then explain this:
WIMBLEDON
4th round: def. (2)Maria Sharapova 6-1, 6-3
Quarterfinals: def. (5)Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-3, 6-4
Semifinals: def. (6)Ana Ivanovic 6-2, 6-4
Finals: def. (18)Marion Bartoli 6-4, 6-1

And Vee was seeded (23), but more importantly ranked 31 in the world.

Oh and don't forget Fed Cup.......

Think about it
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_15_ambient_006_aeltc_b_martin.jpg

sfselesfan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:59 AM
Venus doesn't need to be in the top 8 at the USO, and she knows it. She continues to prove that. She knows she has to beat the other top players at some point, and she might as well do it in the earlier rounds.

SF

jrollaneres25
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:03 AM

Hmmm....We shall see how premature this thread is by next week. I think it is right on point.

Why do we always get these doubters against Venus and Serena when they continue to make them eat their words like garbage?

I guess we need the doubters....:)

jrollaneres25
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:03 AM

Hmmm....We shall see how premature this thread is by next week. I think it is right on point.

Why do we always get these doubters against Venus and Serena when they continue to make them eat their words like garbage?

eugreene2
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:19 AM
Yea, I hate these premature threads but that's life on WTA world. Can't live with this site & you can't live without it. I just hope Venus stays injury free. Who cares about a ranking!

servenrichie
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:37 AM

Dont get your panties in a bunch Newbie. Manatee is not a doubter, she is just pointing out that this thread could jinx Vee. Get the gist?
Think first and write after:p

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
:bounce: Goooo Vee! :yeah:

Shepster
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:33 AM
Venus Could move into the top 10 if she wins the Acura Classic. Her ranking would be No.9

If she gets to the Semi-Finals she comes in at No.10!
Half right, kind of. Her current ranking is 1655 pts. If she gets to the semis then that is +195 pts, which puts her at 1850. That will be below Bartoli and Hantuchova but above Hingisova and Vaidisova. She'll be 12th.

If she makes the final she goes up to 1955 pts (+300) which would put her over Bartoli but not Hantuchova, whose 60 pts for the 3rd round has improved her total by 18 pts.

If she wins (+430) she goes up to 2085 points, which would put her 9th, but if Petrova wins against Schnyder in the quarter then Venus will be 10th. She only gets top 10 if she wins, if she makes the semis or loses in the final then she won't get there yet.

This is all, of course, assuming Dementieva doesn't win - Elena has more pts coming off so she has to do 1 better (Semi-Quarter, Final-Semi, Win-Final)than Venus to go past her. So there is a situation where Venus gets to the final, loses to Dementieva, who beats Petrova in the semi and is therefore is not in the top 10 after this tournament.

Viktymise
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:37 AM
Cmon Vee :yeah:

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:43 AM
well she should be top 8 by the us open.

vwfan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:47 AM
top eight by U.S. Open! let's go Venus. very doable. :bounce:

Il Primo!
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:53 AM

They were more a trouble when they were "dangerous floaties"

nhissan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:04 AM
celebration Venus is back

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i989107_dammedancing01.gif (http://www.imagehosting.com)

Marshmallow
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:54 AM

Manatee is not a doubter, she/he's RIGHT! This is real life, not the Venus williams fairy-tale you know. While i accept Venus would have to play not so great to lose, that's not impossible. Anna could also find the form of her career. Either way, it's not a given that Venus will be in the top 10 next week, so lets our feet on the ground - until these things do happen.

Marshmallow
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i989107_dammedancing01.gif (http://www.imagehosting.com)

:lol: :help:

Marshmallow
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:59 AM

:lol: Anna scares me too. She is not one to be taken lightly, and you never know whether her dehydrated looking shots will be will amateuish errors, or crazy winners.

HOWEVER, Anna has not beat Maria sharapova or Venus herself once. Whatever Maria can do, Venus can do and the some. So if Venus serves well, and doesn't make those wild and plentiful errors that we got used to for a while - she should get through fine. Also, won't anna be tired? Third straight tournament and all, right after fed cup.

GracefulVenus
Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:01 AM

right on time if you ask me ;)

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:11 AM
I can't believe someone called manatee a doubter :help: however the thread title does cover the fall if she doesn't get there by saying COULD not WILL....I hope she does but if she doesn't then not a big deal :)

Petersmiler
Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:44 AM

I was about to ask if that was Jean Claude Van Damme dancing. Then I saw the name of the file and realised it was!

Isn't she camp!

jrollaneres25
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
Dont get your panties in a bunch Newbie. Manatee is not a doubter, she is just pointing out that this thread could jinx Vee. Get the gist?
Think first and write after:p

I maybe a newbie to this board, but I'm no newbie to tennis by any means.

And Jinx? Since when does jinxing work on destiny?

And about thinking first and writing after....you don't know me so you can kick rocks...

V-MAC
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:48 PM
When was the last time Vee was ranked in the top 10? My memory is failing me at the moment :o

Viktymise
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:50 PM
When was the last time Vee was ranked in the top 10? My memory is failing me at the moment :o

I think it was AO 2006 if im not mistaken.

JeremySun
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
That's great news.

Direwolf
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:35 PM
i just realise that if Vee does very well
in both
San Diego and Toronto..
then.. she could knock Serena off the top 8..
assuming Serena wont play
untill New Haven...

nhissan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
:lol: :help:

I was about to ask if that was Jean Claude Van Damme dancing. Then I saw the name of the file and realised it was!

Isn't she camp!

I have another one for you guys I'll upload it if Vee beat Maria :D

SV_Fan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!! Vee and Ree are on their way to qualifying for the YEC's!!!!!!

Expat
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
watch out for dementieva
if she makes the final i doubt shed make the top 10

Viktymise
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
What if both Dementieva and Venus make the final, whats the situation with the ranking then?

In The Zone
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Venus needs to win the championship. By doing so, she will be # 9 ( with Petrova's loss today ). If Dementieva makes it to the final and loses to Venus, she will be # 12. If she wins the title, Dementieva will be # 10.

frenchie
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Denentieva has her LA title to defend next week anyway!

selesbooz
Aug 4th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Bump.
Sorry but I had to.

Brooks.
Aug 4th, 2007, 05:31 AM
seriously threads like this make people look ... :tape:

some Williams fans are such morons :tape:

NeeemZ
Aug 4th, 2007, 07:27 AM
seriously threads like this make people look ... :tape:

some Williams fans are such morons :tape:

Yep, but what can you do?

Ackms421
Aug 4th, 2007, 08:37 AM
So what will she be ranked now? 13? Is there still a reasonable chance for the #8 seed at the USO?

Pasta-Na
Aug 4th, 2007, 10:27 AM
jinx :o

Shepster
Aug 4th, 2007, 12:05 PM
So what will she be ranked now? 13? Is there still a reasonable chance for the #8 seed at the USO?
14th if my maths is correct. She gets 110 pts for the QF appearance, which takes her to 1,765 pts. Vaidisova will drop below her (she has 135 pts coming off) as will Safina, but Dementieva stays ahead even if she loses in the semi. Dani 10th, Maid Marion 11th (both over 1,900 pts), Hingisova 12th and Elena at least 13th (both over 1,800 pts) then Venus. Elena goes 11th if she wins her semi and will be 10th if she wins the tournament. Also, if Patty wins (final alone won't quite do it) she'll go to 12th and Venus will be 15th.

With Venus only playing one more warm-up tournament (Toronto) and being over 550 pts behind 8th place (Serena) in the rankings added to Petrova (who has nothing to defend), Hingisova and Dementieva all in for at least 2 tournaments prior to New Haven as well as Hantuchova and Bartoli playing another one too, it looks impossible she'll get a top 8 seed.

Freakan
Aug 4th, 2007, 12:17 PM
:tape:

Viktymise
Aug 4th, 2007, 12:39 PM
She'll be top 10 after USO so whats the point in bumping the thread :shrug:

selesbooz
Aug 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM
She'll be top 10 after USO so whats the point in bumping the thread :shrug:

To make fun of you:lol: Poor Venus has such low class fana. By reading these post yall just left the door open for me to.
BTW The topic of the thread says top 10 by Sunday