PDA

View Full Version : My Acura Report (includes fight between chakvetadze and rodionova!)

G-Ha
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:10 PM
i attended the final round of qualies and also attended the day and night sessions on both tuesday and wednesday. i'm not going to give a play by play of the matches because i didn't memorize any of them and well, just can't be bothered to go into that much detail anyway...but i will give some general observations of some of the matches and some other fun stuff that went on while i was there. so here goes...

final day of qualies

sromova d. govortsova:

i already talked a little about this match in another thread, but i'll give a recap here. olga is obviously a big hitter and was connecting in the first set and half and really overpowering sromova. hana basically spit the ball back and sliced quite a bit and olga began overhitting and making tons of errors. experience really won it for hana...were this match to take place again a year from now, a more experienced olga would blow hana off the court in straights

the strange thing about this match is that hana actually had two separate fans in the crowd, both of whom were weird and obnoxious! when i first heard the occasional cheer, i assumed it was people just wanting a third set...but when the cheers became louder and more frequent, i totally did a double take, thinking how could hana have fans in san diego. one of the fans was a large, round man wearing a bright orange shirt and matching orange socks. he kept moving back and forth to each side every few games to be nearest hana...

the second fan was a man with his three kids. he kept yelling things out like, "come on hana baby!" (baby?) and "finish her off!"

olga was clearly annoyed with both of them (as was i) and even complained to the chair umpire at one point, but he was like "what can i do..."

marion's practice:

so my friends and i are perusing the practice courts when we happen upon none other than marion and dr. bartoli! of course, no one else was hitting with marion because as we know, no one likes her on tour ;) marion's dad had a box on court containing various props and implements for marion to use during practice. featured most prominently in this day's practice was a large lead pipe! yes, a pipe. marion was doing strange foot work drills with it by holding it in her left hand and swinging it at an imaginary ball while taking tiny, little steps. once i had seen the pipe come out, i couldn't bear stick around any longer to see what her dad was going to pull out next from his bag of tricks!

there's really noting else to note from the qualies i saw and the only thing that stands out from tuesday's matches is the complete mess that is olga poutchkova!

tuesday

shaughnessy d. poutchkova:

what can one say about poor ogla these days! for starters, her serve is a disaster! she'll spin in a 65 mph first serve and then follow with a 99 mph second serve. she's almost dementieva-esque, in that she'll toss in a slow, short in the box serve, but then follow it up with tremendous groundstrokes. but at other times, she'll actually come up with a big serve, but then botch the next easy shot.

midway through the second set, during the change over, she was slumped over with her head burried in the towel crying. and when i say crying, she was visibly sobbing as her shoulders were moving up and down...very sad to see...

wednesday

hantuchova d. azarenka:

i've seen a couple matches of azarenka now and she seems to be a bit of a slow starter, or at least, she has been this week. first set was close and really only decided by a couple points here and there. second set, vika came out on fire! she was completely overpowering daniela, which is what she should have been doing all along. daniela was often popping up balls and floating them back because she couldn't handle the pace. vika was also exposing daniela's almost unreal lack of mobility...in a way it's an achievement that daniela is able to move as slow as she does on court.

third set began where the second set left off with vika running daniela ragged and completely outhitting her. vika got the early break, but then completely lost the plot. she began making tons of errors...but also credit to daniela, who did pick up her game a notch or two in the final set.

general obversations: daniela continually taking longer than the time allotted between points gets really tedious...she also completely refuses to play at the server's pace. vika was ready to serve numerous times only to find daniela with her back turned, fumbling with her strings. also, am i the only one who finds daniela a bit of a prima donna and just a tad bitchy on court? (don't get me wrong, i wish more players were complete bitches on court because it's fun!) :p there were a couple times when hawk eye was used and the point went against daniela...most players see the screen and move on, but not our daniela. unfortunately, san diego doesn't have a large screen to show the reviewed call, so the players often walk up to the little screen just under the chair umpire to see for themselves. daniela would not only look at the screen, but go back and stare at it, further delaying the game as if she still didn't believe the call. meanwhile, we have vika standing, ready to serve, waiting for daniela to remove her hands from her hips and get back on court to receive.

ok, now that we're done with the minor leagues of bitchiness, we move on to what i'm sure everyone's waiting for and that is the total and utter bitch that is rodionova! (oddly enough, vika finds herself the brunt of it once again...)

chakvetadze/azarenka d. vanc/rodionova:

so, singles matches had ended and my friends and i review the schedule to see if there are any doubles worth seeing, when i spot rodionova's name. i was hoping she'd be up to her usual antics (and she did not disappoint!) but thought even if she wasn't, i'd like to see anna and vika again. so we quickly head over to the side court and get there as the warm up was underway. as we sat there discussing some of rodionova's blowups, little did i know, things would get as crazy as they did and that my friends and i would actually be involved!

drama erupted almost immediately! while anna was serving to vanc, rodionova was shuffling her feet back and forth, making that squeeking noise shoes make on a hard court. anna complained to the umpire and immitated what rodionova was doing, which was hilarious to see!

now rodionova is serving to anna, and while mid way through the serve, vika starts purposely shuffling her feet, making that squeeking noise. my friends and i lost it and started laughing, which caused vika and anna to start laughing in the middle of the point (vika and anna still won it)!

vanc and rodionova go the umpire to complain, and while they're complaining, i call out, "go anna!" and anna and vika look over and start laughing again and anna does a little fist pump! :lol: needless to say, rodionova was not amused and we seriously thought she was going to launch a ball at us!

instead, she takes her anger out on anna! she launched at least 6 or 7 balls directly at anna, hitting her about 3 times! one hit anna on the arm, which had to hurt, but anna just laughed each time she got nailed. the most flagrant attack came when rodionova was serving to vika and instead of serving into the box, she aimed directly at anna up at net, who got hit in the legs as she tried to move out of the way of the ball! again, anna just laughed, which irritated rodionova even more!

throughout the match, anna would mock rodionova by pumping her fist in an exaggerated manner and yelling "come on!" once she even did that lleyton hewitt thing, pointing her hand back at her face! total comedy. rodionova was seething!

then rodionova gets a bad call that the umpire wouldn't overrule, which i thought was totally gonna push her over the edge! she yells out, "what is going on?! are you (the umpire) just here to call the score or are you going to actually officiate?! they (anna and vika) get to do whatever they want, and you can't even watch the lines! what the hell?!" of course, this outburst had anna, vika and my friends and i laughing again.

anna and vika end up winning 6-4 6-4 and we're eagerly anticipating the exchange at net. the players are about to exchange hand shakes, when vanc pulls her hand away, takes off her sunglasses and begins lecturing anna and vika, while rodionova stands there staring at them. the reprimand ends and the players walk back to their chairs when rodionova stops and begins yelling at anna (it's times like this when i wish i spoke russian). well, anna wasn't having it! she starts yelling back and unfortunately, it didn't get physical :p but for a moment there, it looked like it could...

good times. i've never been to such an entertaining and interactive doubles match in my life!

hope you guys enjoyed the report...it turned out longer than i expected...

antonella
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:13 PM
Sounds like first graders. :lol:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:15 PM
Great report!

Lol @ Daniela starring down the replay screen :lol:

Anna seems like she enjoyed that match instead of being bitchy about it...good for her! Wish I could have seen it though :p

AJZ.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:17 PM
:lol: Funny about Rodionova being catty with Anna.
Good report nice read :lol:

.david.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:17 PM
OMG :spit:
Anna and Vica:worship:

GREAT Report. Thx!

frenchie
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:20 PM
How I'd like to be here!

Come on Anna! Now you are on top, you can be bitchy now!!

Vincey!
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:20 PM
OMG :eek:...Anna I love you :hearts:...:lol:...Vika was nice too on this match, I like you better tough :D....C'mon girls :devil:

Viktymise
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:21 PM
:haha: I wish i was there. Thanks for the report ;)

IceHock
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:25 PM
hahaha that is some funny shit, people should do this to rodionova more often, alot more entertaining.

cancelled1
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:27 PM
drama erupted almost immediately! while anna was serving to vanc, rodionova was shuffling her feet back and forth, making that squeeking noise shoes make on a hard court. anna complained to the umpire and immitated what rodionova was doing, which was hilarious to see!
LMAO!

IMPOSSIBLE
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:29 PM
LOL ! :lol:, Rodionova needs the lecture on temper ;) :p

alexia1huff
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:31 PM
hahaha anna kept her nerve there and it seems that she did what was best, she wasn't actually bitchy you could say that she just enjoyed the game and kept on laughing hahaha, thanx for sharing!!!

njnetswill
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:33 PM
Rodionova is psycho. :cuckoo:

NyCPsU
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:34 PM
omg i love you anna :hearts:

dani, bitch as usual on court, what can i say :shrug:

sammy01
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:34 PM
go anna you know your better so piss her off as much as you like and whos vanc to tell people off what a total idiot!

LeonHart
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:35 PM
omg! great report!! Wish I coulda been there to watch the catfight :boxing:

Tennis-Chick
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Vika and Anna!!!!! :rolls:

Wish I could have seen that!

Freakan
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Anna :lol:
Rodionova is such a moron :o

hu2891601
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
OMG!! didn't know Rodionova's THIS bad!! :eek:

eck
:yeah: to Anna and Vika for keeping their cool :d

But wouldn't Rodionova get warnings for purposely hitting at Anna?

Paule22
The doubles part amused me a lot. Thank you so much :lol:

Bruno71
Holy shit I wish that doubles match was televised!

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:39 PM
:haha: OMG Anna I love you! That is hillarious! Funny story!

davidmario
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:44 PM
rodionova-bitch:worship: !!! :yeah: :lol:

G-Ha
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
anna is a total comedian! who knew? she had not only us laughing constantly, but vika as well. at one point, anna made some comment and vika was literally bent over laughing, covering her mouth with her hand!

in fact, the two of them laughed throughout the match and were clearly just having fun. meanwhile, i didn't see vanc or rodionova even smile once...they were so serious about the whole thing.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM

so, singles matches had ended and my friends and i review the schedule to see if there are any doubles worth seeing, when i spot rodionova's name. i was hoping she'd be up to her usual antics (and she did not disappoint!) but thought even if she wasn't, i'd like to see anna and vika again. so we quickly head over to the side court and get there as the warm up was underway. as we sat there discussing some of rodionova's blowups, little did i know, things would get as crazy as they did and that my friends and i would actually be involved!

now rodionova is serving to anna, and while mid way through the serve, vika starts purposely shuffling her feet, making that squeeking noise. my friends and i lost it and started laughing, which caused vika and anna to start laughing in the middle of the point (vika and anna still won it)!

vanc and rodionova go the umpire to complain, and while they're complaining, i call out, "go anna!" and anna and vika look over and start laughing again and anna does a little fist pump! :lol: needless to say, rodionova was not amused and we seriously thought she was going to launch a ball at us!

instead, she takes her anger out on anna! she launched at least 6 or 7 balls directly at anna, hitting her about 3 times! one hit anna on the arm, which had to hurt, but anna just laughed each time she got nailed. the most flagrant attack came when rodionova was serving to vika and instead of serving into the box, she aimed directly at anna up at net, who got hit in the legs as she tried to move out of the way of the ball! again, anna just laughed, which irritated rodionova even more!

throughout the match, anna would mock rodionova by pumping her fist in an exaggerated manner and yelling "come on!" once she even did that lleyton hewitt thing, pointing her hand back at her face! total comedy. rodionova was seething!

then rodionova gets a bad call that the umpire wouldn't overrule, which i thought was totally gonna push her over the edge! she yells out, "what is going on?! are you (the umpire) just here to call the score or are you going to actually officiate?! they (anna and vika) get to do whatever they want, and you can't even watch the lines! what the hell?!" of course, this outburst had anna, vika and my friends and i laughing again.

anna and vika end up winning 6-4 6-4 and we're eagerly anticipating the exchange at net. the players are about to exchange hand shakes, when vanc pulls her hand away, takes off her sunglasses and begins lecturing anna and vika, while rodionova stands there staring at them. the reprimand ends and the players walk back to their chairs when rodionova stops and begins yelling at anna (it's times like this when i wish i spoke russian). well, anna wasn't having it! she starts yelling back and unfortunately, it didn't get physical :p but for a moment there, it looked like it could...

good times. i've never been to such an entertaining and interactive doubles match in my life!

hope you guys enjoyed the report...it turned out longer than i expected...

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

schorsch
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:49 PM
lol :haha: rodionova must be thinking EVERYTHING must be going against her lately :help: hehehe, but well done anna and vika for playing so well together in doubles :)

hablo
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:51 PM
Hilarious! :haha:

Thanks for posting your report.

Rod the Bama
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the report. I would love to see a video of the exchanges between Chakvetadze and Rodionova.

Poova
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:07 AM
Anastassia :lol: Control your temper girl :p

Pink Princess
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:10 AM
Anna and Vika education, composure and Princesseshttp://www.alexpepper.com/images/smilies/princess%5b1%5d.gif

Rodionova Bad-mannered :o

Thank you very much.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:10 AM
Gary. :hearts: Oh my God... that is one of the funniest reports I've ever read.

*dead* @ Vika shuffling her feet and laughing with you guys.

*total DEATH* @ Rodionova complaining about it. :spit:What a bitch!

RJWCapriati
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:37 AM
wow sounded like a fun doubles match with Rodionova/Anna :)

MisterMan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:43 AM
No offense, but this:

she takes her anger out on anna! she launched at least 6 or 7 balls directly at anna, hitting her about 3 times! one hit anna on the arm, which had to hurt

is hard to believe.

She would IMMEDIATELY be disqualified if she literally hit 7 balls as an attempt to hit her opponent!!
Unless it was done as a joke among friends, this could not have happened !

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:46 AM
Anna :spit: :bowdown:

RING D@ @L@RM HOE!!!!!! :fiery: : ooooohhhhhhhhelltotheno! : : showstoppin' :

akosiirwyn
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
LOL thanks for sharing your awesome story!

~Kiera~
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:52 AM
:spit:

Great report. Thanks for sharing :)

G-Ha
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:53 AM
No offense, but this:

is hard to believe.

She would IMMEDIATELY be disqualified if she literally hit 7 balls as an attempt to hit her opponent!!

no offense taken, but i don't really care whether you find it hard to believe or not because i was there and it happened. she did not fire 7 balls at anna in succession, it was throughout the match. and in case you're not aware, aiming at your opponent at net is completely legal.

Derek.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:53 AM
Vika and Anna. :hearts:

They weren't having it!

Slumpsova
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
that was a crazy match :haha: :haha: :haha:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
you would rodionova would have learnt her lesson by now :rolleyes:

i love dani but i agree she really is a prima donna-kinda why we love her though :D

Cilla
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:15 AM
Hilarious :haha:

Drake1980
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:22 AM
:lol: I'm starting to love Anna C.

Dan23
Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:38 AM

hope you guys enjoyed the report...it turned out longer than i expected...:haha:
thats the way to handle it Anna

spartanfan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:51 AM
What a great, funny report. You must be a writer.

DutchieGirl
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:04 AM
:haha: Hilarious report of the doubles! Good on Anna & Vika! ;)

DutchieGirl
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:10 AM
:haha: Hilarious report of the doubles! Good on Anna & Vika! ;)

Sally Todd
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:15 AM
You won't be reading a report like that in the newspapers. :worship: :lol: Hilarious stuff.

Definitely agree about Dani's diva antics, which actually are a total psych-out trick on opponents, and effective against weaker ones.

That doubles story...:tape:...I guess Rodionova is discovering that your bad rep follows you around. I hope people don't show up at matches just to bait her or jeer her. But she better work on that temper!

Anna :angel:

d_s
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:16 AM
Rodionova :lol:
I wish I was there to watch that match!

LindsayRulz
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:18 AM
Rodionova :haha:

DutchieGirl
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:20 AM
No offense, but this:

is hard to believe.

Not true - players can hit a ball back AT their opponant during a point...if the player gets hit, then they don't necessarily disqualify the person doing the hitting. Lots of players hit balls back at their opponants at some stage during the match.

~Eclipsed~
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:23 AM
too bad this wasn't televised. This would have been the most enertaining doubles match ever.:hearts:

Tennace
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:35 AM
Anyone have the doubles? So i can download and watch :tape:

I really want to see it :hearts:

dybbuk
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:42 AM
That was a great report. :lol:

Frode
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:13 AM
Thanks for posting. Great stuff.
:lol: :lol:

Maybe I should vist GM more often..................

jacobruiz
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:48 AM
Now THAT'S entertainment!:worship:

Thanks for the great report!

Langers
Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:50 AM
Chakvetadze is out of control. Seek help.

Makes for good viewing though.

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:06 AM
Anna/Vika :hearts:

P_Fer
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:19 AM
:haha: @ Anna and Vika!

Dan23
Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:43 AM
Rodionova/Vanc vs Huber/Black might be an interesting match :bolt:

Mark Spruce
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:58 AM
love the report

*Jean*
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:57 AM
Rodionova must seriously calm down!

Hashim.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:09 AM
OMG :spit:
Anna and Vica ;):haha:

great report thanks :D

Alexj
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:31 AM
I loved it! It totally occupied me for the last few minutes! I'll be doing the same thing as you for the LA Open. Hopefully I'll have something as interesting as you did!
__________________________________________________ ____________________

[SIZE="4"]~Marion Bartoli~ Anna Chakvetadze~ Ana Ivanovic~ Jelena Jankovic~ Patty Schnyder~ Daniela Hantuchova~ Vera Zvonareva~ Dinara Safina~ Nadia Petrova~ Elena Dementieva~[/SIZE

lilimi
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:54 AM
OMG that rodionova has a good reputation!
i love anna even more!

DutchieGirl
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:01 AM
Chakvetadze is out of control. Seek help.

Makes for good viewing though.

:scratch: You mean Rodionova, right?

Elwin.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Rodionova is such a bitch :eek: :tape:

DutchieGirl
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:04 AM
Rodionova is such a bitch :eek: :tape:

Vanc can be at times too - so maybe they found the perfect doubles partners for each other. ;)

Jeff
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Well the only evidence i've seen to date of Rodionova is that she is a crappy player with a crappy attitude. Anna :yeah:

-SheLL-
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
that is so hilarious :lol: we need more of that in doubles..heaps o bitchfights :devil:

up!
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:56 AM
anna is a bitch

alexia1huff
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:58 AM
anna is a total comedian! who knew? she had not only us laughing constantly, but vika as well. at one point, anna made some comment and vika was literally bent over laughing, covering her mouth with her hand!

in fact, the two of them laughed throughout the match and were clearly just having fun. meanwhile, i didn't see vanc or rodionova even smile once...they were so serious about the whole thing.

It's probably that they played a couple of times together and don't treat doubles so seriously.

Are they the new JJ/ Jamie hahahaha :lol:

Harvs
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:33 AM
hahaa omg that rodionova is such a bitch... ahhaha

-sugi-
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
:lol:

GeorgianFan
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:49 AM
:rolls:

G-Ha
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:27 PM
thanks everyone for all the positive feedback...glad you guys enjoyed the report. :)

rrfnpump
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:44 PM
First Anna/Lena vs. Aravane :armed:

now Anna/Vika vs. Nastya :boxing:

Nastya just as she is... :devil:
she is really a personality, good for the tour. :p

thomas.chung
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry about the question out of the cold, but isn't Rodionova dating a DJ boyfriend from Australia?

sharapovarulz1
Aug 4th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Great report mate had me laughing with the Rodinova story :)

tennisbear7
Aug 4th, 2007, 01:19 AM
:haha: I like AnnaC now. :haha:

K-Dog
Aug 4th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Well, if I was Anna, and Nastya got in my face like that after the match, I would've been like "Bitch, what have you done? Nothing!! Get out of my face you ugly whore and go learn how to play tennis. Bye!!"

But if I ever go to a pro tournament with Nastya playing in it, I'm going to her match to not only see her antics, but get under her skin. I just want to see how far I can push it.

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 4th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Wow. Anna and Vika really were being very naughty baiting Nastya like that. And with Nastya's temper such actions are definately not without risk as all those ball Nastya hit at Anna demostrate. I must say though, Anna comes across as one funny, very mischievous girl. What I most like is the coolness she showed in taking those hits, that must have really pissed Nastya off. It is so easy to see Nastya getting angrier and angrier and Anna and Vika giggle away.

Anna must be alot of fun to be around.

DutchieGirl
Aug 4th, 2007, 03:54 AM
Wow. Anna and Vika really were being very naughty baiting Nastya like that. And with Nastya's temper such actions are definately not without risk as all those ball Nastya hit at Anna demostrate. I must say though, Anna comes across as one funny, very mischievous girl. What I most like is the coolness she showed in taking those hits, that must have really pissed Nastya off. It is so easy to see Nastya getting angrier and angrier and Anna and Vika giggle away.

Anna must be alot of fun to be around.

Why were Anna and Vika naughty? Nastya/Andreea began the whole "saga" - trying to outpsych their opponants by making the squaking noises while they served...Anna/Vika just did it back - and better. ;)