PDA

View Full Version : WTAworld Knows BEST!!

spokenword73
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
woman just called trying to sell me tickets to the L.A. tournament. I told her since Serena was out, I am not interested.

Salesperson: Serena is not out. As of this morning she was in. We know more than some messageboard:lol:

Spokenword: Oh yeah, wanna bet? Serena is out of L.A. I read it on WTAworld.

Hurriedly, Ms. Salesperson went to site and said she would let me know for sure on Monday.:lol:

sfselesfan
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Sales must be down.

I wouldn't expect a call back.

SF

Rocketta
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
:lol:

Oh loooord, girl you are going to have the WTA breathing down our necks again....:fiery: :tape: :p :lol:

~Carsten~
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:26 PM

Oh loooord, girl you are going to have the WTA breathing down our necks again....:fiery: :tape: :p :lol:

oh yeah I thought the same! :tape: :lol:

Dexter
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
I smell troubles with ELs again... :tape:

spokenword73
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Hope I did not get WTAWorld in trouble.:confused:

How did WTAWorld find out about Serena, and how come the folks selling tix don't know? ;)

Salesperson is trying to talk me into buying tix for John McEnroe v Jim Courier "oldtimers" match on Monday nite. But for $30, "you cannot be serious." :lol:

vw.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Dang, shouldn't have given anything away about the site...

spokenword73
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Sorry, I thought it was common knowledge about Serena.:help:

Pureracket
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
Spokenword,
I would have said the same thing.

TTomek
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
I hope they will not close this forum :tape:

spokenword73
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
In reality, she already knew about WTAWorld, cos she went to the site immediately. What she did not know was Serena had withdrawn...or maybe she did know and was trying to get my little $20 (per match) anyway.:wavey:

eck
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
You could have just pointed to other news agency sites.
Heck ask the lady to google Serena Williams and look at news and she'll be embarrassed right on the phone ;)

But I don't see what's wrong with saying WTAWorld? It's not like it's breaking news or whatever.

Rocketta
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
Sorry, I thought it was common knowledge about Serena.:help:

don't worry about it....they got on the site because entry lists were being posted here *BEFORE* the tournaments were posting the information. :tape:

spokenword73
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
You could have just pointed to other news agency sites.
Heck ask the lady to google Serena Williams and look at news and she'll be embarrassed right on the phone ;)

True dat. I did send her two wtatour.com, but of course they are always a day late and a dollar short.:lol:

The Dawntreader
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:58 PM
On one side, probably wasnt the best idea exposing WTAW.......

.... However the daft cow was trying to con you into buying tickets:lol:

spokenword73
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:58 PM
don't worry about it....they got on the site because entry lists were being posted here *BEFORE* the tournaments were posting the information. :tape:

Yikes!!! The Home Depot Center needs to step up their game. :wavey:

eck
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:00 PM
True dat. I did send her two wtatour.com, but of course they are always a day late and a dollar short.:lol:

They should probably give WTAWorld more credit then just an unofficial website.
Most of us probably know more stuff than 3/4 of the people who work in WTATour.com

spokenword73
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:01 PM
On one side, probably wasnt the best idea exposing WTAW.......

.... However the daft cow was trying to con you into buying tickets:lol:

Yeah, cos she said, "Isn't there anyone else you want to see?" I started to say Venus but I then I thought better of it...:lol:

Rocketta
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Most of us probably know more stuff than 3/4 of the people who work in WTATour.com

now that's the truth: :o

The Dawntreader
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, cos she said, "Isn't there anyone else you want to see?" I started to say Venus but I then I thought better of it...:lol:

They're so ruthless, it's like telling a child Santa's coming round for tea:lol:

you stick to your guns spokenword:)

mckyle.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
Serena's out? :o I had no clue.

spokenword73
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:17 PM
now that's the truth: :o

I know for a fact some tennis reporters do read WTAWorld.
We know more because there are people from all over the world sharing info on this site!

We da bomb!:bounce: :worship: :p :lick:

~Carsten~
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM

yep. that's a great point :yeah:
but I don't see it coming

mckyle.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
If this was the official WTA Tour message board then we probably wouldn't have a lot of things we have now. Non-tennis would be gone in a second and I wouldn't want that to happen. Plus TheBoiledEgg would be banned for exposing WTA Tour secrets :o ;) :lol:

davidmario
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
I would have said the same.

*JR*
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
About the last of the 3 years Advanta was revived B4 the YEC moved to Madrid. Venus had an abdominal injury, and everyone here knew that she wasn't going to play. But the event was run by a company sometimes called IMGreedy, which also represents her. Not only didn't she withdraw until the last allowable "minute" but IMG had her picture on billboards around the western suburbs of Philly (where it was held) promoting the tournament.
:shrug:

babsi
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
The LA tournament contacted me by e-mail a few weeks and wanted free advertising on martinaworld.com, they wanted a massive flyer on the site either on the front page or as a pop-up:rolleyes: you can guess my answer...

spokenword73
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:51 PM
The LA tournament contacted me by e-mail a few weeks and wanted free advertising on martinaworld.com, they wanted a massive flyer on the site either on the front page or as a pop-up:rolleyes: you can guess my answer...

FREE?? What :bs: