PDA

View Full Version : I think that I need to send VENUS a VCR and a full length mirror ...

TeeRexx
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:05 AM
So that she can look at a tape of her little sister's serving motion, memorize the technique and practice it in the mirror.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020627/i/1025205606.3355582541.jpg

VENUS has been serving with this same motion since she was a child, but has been able to get away with it because of her other talents and she apparently made no serious effort to correct this obvious flaw.

SERENA exposed this flaw VENUS'S serving in the same manner that Shaq's free throw skills used to stand out like a sore thumb until he corrected that problem.

The serving problems of VENUS could be improved at least 25% to 40% by the U.S. Open if VENUS opens up and uses my Care Package to her and views the tape and works on the proper motion in the mirror.

Otherwise, little sister SERENA will continue her unstoppable Grand Slam march through the tour with no real power to stop her.

jomar
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:13 AM
I agree....Venus' only chance to beat Serena is to improve her service game otherwise Serena would make her like a car wiper(moving her from side to side) if she always get the first shot of the game.:angel:

TeeRexx
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:44 AM
That is not the only chance that VENUS has, but it is a correctable problem.
Hopefully, VENUS will make the corrections very soon.

Williams Rulez
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:55 AM
lol... what a silly metaphor jomar... :p

moby
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:00 AM
you know, why not we send that VCR and mirror to everyone on the tour, their games would all improve immensely!!!

honestly, if venus needs to improve her serve, i really dont see anyone who doesnt need to (other than serena)

Williams Rulez
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:16 AM
easy... I know Martina needs to improve her serve for sure... :p

moby
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:32 AM
:o

but i wasnt referring to her (in particular)

jomar
Jul 9th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
That is not the only chance that VENUS has, but it is a correctable problem.
Hopefully, VENUS will make the corrections very soon.

Yuppp...she's always practicing with Serena, thus she could learn her secret if there are any left (and vice versa).;)

really, it is difficult to serve if you know that your opponent is an excellent returner. The pressure is always there. This is true for all tennis players.:angel:

TeeRexx
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:58 PM
VENUS has had that poor service technique her whole career, but she has been able to make up for it with better play in other areas.

Now that SERENA has improved, VENUS no longer has that luxary.

RAA
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:04 PM
I agree Tee-Rexx. People always commented on how fast Venus served, but her service motion has always been a bit awkward. The good news is that Venus and serena always look to improve their game, and they are both very smart, so I'm sure that Venus knows that she should work on that part of her game (I hope).

TeeRexx
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:48 PM
RAA - Sometimes VENUS' independant nature works against her in that she will insist on doing a thing her way regardless of the consequences, i.e. hard headed.

Hopefully she will mahe a concentrated effort to improve this much needed area of her dynamic game.

moon
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:47 AM
I don't think Venus is being hard-headed. Up until now, what she was doing (serve wise) was working for her. It still is, except with Serena. This is something she knows she needs to work on, and now that she lost 3 straight times to Rena, I'm sure she will. :)

Kart
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by TeeRexx

The serving problems of VENUS could be improved at least 25% to 40% by the U.S. Open if VENUS opens up and uses my Care Package to her and views the tape and works on the proper motion in the mirror.

'Your' Care Package eh ? Just how much exactly did you pay to patent this (unheard of) idea ? More importantly, are you sure this tape is only of Serena's serve and not just some attempt to send Venus your home-made video dating tape ??? :rolleyes: :p ;)

Seriously though I agree that Venus can learn a lot from her sister's serve. The only thing though is that re-shaping her serve is a huge change in her game to make - she'd better start it soon if she wants to be ready in time to retain that US crown.