PDA

View Full Version : Some Sidot sad news...

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Well that's a sad new for all her fans... Anne-Gaelle Sidot decided to retire from professional tennis. Even if she passed the first round at the french, she officially decided to walk off courts...

She is now married since June 15th with her long time boyfriend, a soccer player.

Let's hope the best in her life. Best of luck to the french beauty, Anne-Gaelle Sidot!!! (Can't still not believe she retire with a big serv like that but anyway...)

Jakeev
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:44 AM
It is sad to lose a player who never really realized her potential. But she retired on her own terms. All I can do is wish her luck and I hope she one day decides to give back to tennis and perhaps coach young French players.

God Bless Anne

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:54 AM
I will always have in minds the Toronto tournament in 1999 where she was able to reach the semis and play 2 big sets against Seles even if she lost 6-4,6-4, i think it was her best tournament of all time. It is some good memories for me. I was there behind her chair every game except the one against Seles because it was on the main court. And even if this is hard to believe, Anne-Gaelle was so nice with me during that week.

She could easily be a regular top 30 in the world but i happen only few weeks:( Sad to see her quit...

disposablehero
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:58 AM
Wow, tough times for the French. Seems like about 2 years ago they had Testud, Tauziat, Halard, Mauresmo, Sidot, and Dechy all in the top 25 at about the same time.

Vanity
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:58 AM
I figured her interest in tennis as quite low, since she made a huge drop in the ranks last year. It was sad to see that, because Anne-Gaelle was a player who never came close to fulfilling her potential. She'll be missed!

I just hope she's enjoying life outside of tennis now. :)

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Yes Anne-Gaelle is happy now. But personnally, i don't think it is good for a women to stop everything to follow her husband whenever he goes...

Vanity
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Nope that is true b_fan... do you know her husband's name?
I remember she used to date Arnaud Clement at one time...

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:09 AM
I don't remember his husband name because it was not a part of his life that i followed but i know this is a big soccer player in France. I know nothing about soccer sorry.

Mateo Mathieu
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Happy retirement, Anne-Gaelle!! :sad:

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Anne-Gaelle :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Happy retirement, gonna miss her alot :sad: :sad:

so much talent and it all went to waste :sad: :(

Lindsayfan
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:37 AM
i dont understand why she retired...she is so young and talented. :(

V.Melb
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:53 AM
She was oh so talented.... and her backhand was beautiful!
Why didn't she realize her potential? she could have been so much more successful.... But i also feel she wasn't very interested in tennis. :(

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:19 PM
she partly never recovered from that Samantha Stevenson incident,
Amelie Cocheteux has also really suffered badly since Wimbledon 2000 when both her and Anne-Gaelle were involved.

Verve
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:33 PM
What was that Wimbledon-incident again? I've asked this to some people already, but never really got a good answer. Anyone wanting to tell it in detail?

And BTW, also sorry to see Anne-Gaelle go... She really had a special game. I remember her beating Kim (when she was still an upcoming player though) in Hamburg I think in February 2000. I just hope she enjoys herself, whatever she decides to do!

babsi
Jul 9th, 2002, 01:18 PM
That is a real shame but you could really tell that her heart wasn't in it anymore and she had other priorties, last time I saw her was against Babsi in Toronto last year and she did have some great shots but she wasn't there mentally.

Good luck in your new life!

But all that talent has gone to waste now:sad: always disappointing when a player retires and they have underachieved in their career (and Sidot has by a lot)

Rising Sun
Jul 9th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Very sad news. :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:07 PM
those articles about what happened at wimbledon 2000

http://detnews.com/2000/sports/0006/30/e02-84297.htm

http://www.canoe.ca/SlamTennisWimbledon00/jun30_sid.html

Sonja
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Good luck to Anne-Gaelle in the future!

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:20 PM
the hearth of Anne-Gaelle was there, totally into tennis. But her attitutde against herself is so violent that this is tough to bounce back after few bad shots. With her it was everything or nothing, always at the limits. What i find bad in that story is that i have the feeling that she leaves because she want to be with her husband... since they are together she is different.

selesfan
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Poor Anne Galle! I will miss her.:sad: :sad:

rated_next
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:17 PM
The French are all getting married and retiring. :sad:

I'm going to miss Anne-Gaelle.

TS
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:21 PM
She's only 23 right? Thats a shame, she was so talented.

But she has obviously made an informed choice and has other things going on in her life so good luck to her :)

Whilst she wasnt a real big fave of mine, she was great to watch :)

Dawn Marie
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Agree about women must stop dropping their own life to follow their husbands.

Personally though, I think she hasn't been the same since she made those wrong actions concerning Samatha Stevenson. Karma ain't no joke. Anyway, I actually think Anne is making a wrong move, all she has to do is try harder and give it 100%. Oh well, though, she was an underachiever anyway, and personally if one wishes to retire without giving their ability their all, then maybe they should leave the sport.

Lindsayfan
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:50 PM
i dont think Sidot retired cos of Stevenson...
about Cocheteux,her problems started when she and Patrice Dominguez broke up :rolleyes:

per4ever
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:00 PM
good luck for the rest of your life, Anne-Gaelle :)

Zamboni
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:20 PM
I'll miss her too...is she really that young? I thought she was older

spiceboy
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Good luck, Anne Gäelle :wavey:

But I think she actually fulfilled her potential. She reached a career high of n. 24 which I find pretty decent for a girl who only had a nice and tricky backhand and a lefty service. She didn't have any power and her mental attitude was :rolleyes: . Plus she couldn't reach even a tier V final. Did you really believed she would've ever been a consistent top 20? I can't see that. I remember her in Wimbledon 98 or 99 losing to Latimer and her mind was miles away.

And she actually has an older sister; Audry who was said to be even better but she played juniors in the early 90's then some pro events and vanished. So I think it's a family thing

Joseosu19
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Have a nice life Anne Gaelle:wavey: :sad:

Martian KC
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Sad to see her retire without reaching her potential. I will miss her and that lovely backhand of hers.

Richie77
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:43 PM
That's too bad. I hope she has a happy off-court life.

Task
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:37 AM
Good bye Anne Gaelle. Wish you much happiness for the rest of your life. You were one of my favorites. Tennis won't be the same without you.:sad:

venusfan
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:41 AM
Does the WTA tour give pensions?