PDA

View Full Version : Venus says she's playing better than Wimbledon!

tonythetiger
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:44 AM
She made this statement after her match today against Razzano. I wish I could have seen this match to see if Razzano was as good as Venus says. With 6 DFs, I don't know what she means by playing better. Anyway, I'm just glad she won.

"I felt like I did make some errors," Williams said. "But I played very aggressive. I think she played really well. She played her best tennis. She didn't give me any points."

Williams, the six-time Grand Slam champion, is coming off her fourth Wimbledon title last month. Williams believes she is getting closer to her elite level from prior years after an injury-filled 2006 season.

"I feel really motivated because more than anything I feel really relaxed," she said. "I think I'm playing actually better than Wimbledon."

RenaSlam.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:45 AM
:worship:

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:51 AM
She made this statement after her match today against Razzano. I wish I could have seen this match to see if Razzano was as good as Venus says. With 6 DFs, I don't know what she means by playing better. Anyway, I'm just glad she won.

the dfs seemed to be the only bad thing about her play. she has played well and except for todays second set she has served well and broken serve well. and you know once she gets to the quarters her play will be elevated.

danieln1
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:03 AM
Razzano played her best tennis and still lost 6-2 6-4... venus should be playing out of her mind then, daniela will make her work, hopefully will win tomorrow

RJWCapriati
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:04 AM
Very confident! I'm sure she'll take the title!

starin
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:05 AM
the last time she boasted about her form was Miami b4 the Sharapova match where she said, "I feel like my 2nd serve is top of the tops." lol and then proceeded to DF like 15 times. :tape:
I hope Venus isn't jinxing herself.

friendsita
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:07 AM
Only the best for Vee.

SV_Fan
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:09 AM
I agree but her serve will come back but she really is playing better than at Wimbledon.

starin
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:18 AM
she made 41 UE
and 30 Winners

that's okay by Venus' standards. I'm not sure but do they count DF in the UE count? She def. played much cleaner at Wimbledon but then again she didn't go for as much at Wimbledon. It seems like she's trying to go back to being super aggressive again.

supergrunt
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:20 AM
41 ue's :eek:

supergrunt
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:20 AM
I thought the high ue's were over for the Williams sisters :tears:

floco
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:23 AM
Well we all know that on some days... Razzano can beat almost anyone. She can lose to anybody, but usally plays her best against top players.

starin
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:24 AM
41 ue's :eek:

yeah actually for a 62 64 match that's a lot of UE. But she also hit 30 winners so it's not soooo bad. I've def. seen Venus hit way more UE than that.

tonythetiger
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:32 AM
I think she is playing more agressive to test her skills and build her confidence. I believe she was trying some things out (as she often does with lower ranked players) so that she can use them on the tougher players later in the draw. The last thing these girls want is a confident Venus going for her shots.

ico4498
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:39 AM
looking at her first two matches here vrs Wimby, seems she has a point.

K-Dog
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:45 AM
Maybe she was referring to overall. The way she began Wimbledon was abysmal. She ended the tournament well, but also Venus may have been commenting on the fact that she is going for her shots more and hitting them cleaner. Unforced errors are subjective to whomever is keeping track, so who really knows how many she did have. Venus might be feeling more comfortable on court and maybe that self-belief of her dominating years is creeping back into her game. Without seeing the match I can't be certain of what I am proposing here, but this is just my interpretation of what Venus has to say.