PDA

View Full Version : Anna just keeps winning

Alexj
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:37 AM
Anna Chakvetadze won her singles and doubles today. I happy for her, but when will she run out of energy? She's been playing a lot lately!
__________________________________________________ ____________________

~Marion Bartoli~ Anna Chakvetadze~ Ana Ivanovic~ Jelena Jankovic~ Patty Schnyder~ Daniela Hantuchova~ Vera Zvonareva~ Dinara Safina~ Nadia Petrova~ Elena Dementieva~

delicatecutter
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:40 AM
Guppy will keep on swimming her way to victory!!

sammy01
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:50 AM
she dosent play a phsyical game (everything is precises and measured and no energy is wasted) so i think she will be fine! im just so happy that shes doing so well and im glad shes picking up doubles wins as well now i think thats a sign of her confidence growing! the only thing i worry about with her playing so much is injury but fatiuge no!

schorsch
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:12 AM
i wonder why people call her guppy? i had guppies. the always made so many baby fish :haha:

delicatecutter
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:28 AM
i wonder why people call her guppy? i had guppies. the always made so many baby fish :haha:

Haha I nicknamed her "guppy" after her match against Dani. She kept opening and closing her mouth like a little fish. It was SOOO cute!

No Name Face
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:29 AM
Anna :hearts:

heytennis
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:30 AM
Well she has a few weeks off this summer so she'll be fine. Not everybody needs a month off in between tournaments.

tonythetiger
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:37 AM
According to her, she is getting tired. The rest of this draw will be very tough for her if she runs into Venus or Daniela. Daniela came close to beating her last week.

"I do have confidence, but I feel I am tired as well. It's tough to play too much tennis, especially since last week I was playing doubles and singles," said Chakvetadze, who is playing doubles with Victoria Azarenka.

tenn_ace
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
Haha I nicknamed her "guppy" after her match against Dani. She kept opening and closing her mouth like a little fish. It was SOOO cute!

what's your nickname for Ana I.? Let me guess? Little Cute Whalie? :hearts: :p

tenn_ace
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:32 AM
According to her, she is getting tired. The rest of this draw will be very tough for her if she runs into Venus or Daniela. Daniela came close to beating her last week.

:shrug: Why is she playing doubles again? :cuckoo:

delicatecutter
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:33 AM
what's your nickname for Ana I.? Let me guess? Little Cute Whalie? :hearts: :p

I haven't come up with a nickname for Ana yet. Usually "THE HOTNESS" works quite nicely. :p

switz
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:51 AM
I like Anna but these wins over the past couple of weeks don't really change her standing in the game much in my opinion because she hasn't beaten anybody you wouldn't expect her to. this week will be a good with better players in the field but as has been said she may be tired.

Poova
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:52 AM
When she plays Venus in QF I expect.

LefandePatty
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM
... which is annoying.

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:14 PM
Streaking Chakvetadze continues her winning ways

By: HEATHER HAWTHORNE - Staff Writer
LA COSTA -- Still on a high from taking consecutive titles at Cincinnati and Stanford, Russian phenom Anna Chakvetadze eliminated American Meghann Shaughnessy 6-4, 6-4 on Wednesday at the Acura Classic at the La Costa Resort and Spa.

"I do have confidence," said Chakvetadze, who recently hit her career-high ranking of No. 6 in the world. "But, I feel that I'm tired as well and it's tough to play so much tennis."

Chakvetadze may have been fighting fatigue, but she hid it well, opening strong with a 5-2 lead that included two service breaks.

The 28-year-old Shaughnessy, who is ranked No. 43, broke the Russian's three service game count and held her own serve to make the score 5-4.

It was then Chakvetadze's serve.

The Russian completed her first set point with a flawless ace that brought the crowd at Stadium Court to its feet.

Despite the difference in rankings, Chakvetadze and Shaughnessy battled through the second set that looked as though it could have easily stretched to three.

"I think it was tough," said Chakvetadze, who lost to Shaughnessy in their first head-to-head meeting last year at Istanbul. "Maybe the score is just 6-4, 6-4 but I think it was mentally tough and physically tough."

The veteran Shaughnessy, who trounced Russia's Olga Poutchkova 6-3, 6-1 on Tuesday in the first round of her eighth appearance at the Acura Classic, wasn't going to let the 20-year-old prevail effortlessly.

Shaughnessy launched into the second set with a vengeance and took the lead 3-1. With very few long rallies, the second set momentum seemed to bounce back and forth, coming down to personal errors rather than one player outperforming the other.

Chakvetadze broke the unseeded American's serve and went on to win four consecutive games to lead 5-3.

But the set looked far from over as Shaughnessy, the owner of six career titles, once again held her serve bringing the second set to 5-4; an eerily familiar point.

Once again, it was Chakvetadze's serve.

The No. 3-seeded Chakvetadze hammered an ace to reach match point and Shaughnessy gave the match away by netting a forehand volley, tying her head-to-head meetings with the Russian 1-1.

Chakvetadze, who received a bye into round two of the Acura Classic, will face Japan's Ai Sugiyama today in the second match of the afternoon session at the grandstand court.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Who cares? She is 1-20 vs GS champions (0-20 since 2005).

Pierce0415

kinglear
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:48 PM
Guppy will keep on swimming her way to victory!!

LOL now when did she get that nickname. And where does it come from? :lol:

RenaSlam.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:51 PM
Venus also has a win streak of her own. And if you include Fed Cup, that includes a demolition of Anna.

RS

Kunal
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:53 PM
ive seen this before...when a young player seems to be playing well and winning...they keep on playing one tournament after the other....hopefully it doesnt come back to bite her in the ass by getting an injury

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:48 PM
Anna has won more titles than Jankovic and Ivanovic and is only one behind Dementieva and Petrova and only 2 behind Kuznetsova

CORIA01
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:54 PM
Great For Her
What Is Her Schedule Next San Diego?

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:24 PM
She trains with Lansdorp next week, then plays Toronto.

Expat
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:37 PM
keep on winning till u face venus then maybe we will see if she is really worth it
but venus but has known to have pironkova moments so dunno

tenn_ace
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Venus also has a win streak of her own. And if you include Fed Cup, that includes a demolition of Anna.

RS

why don;t you open a different thread instead stinking in here?

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
... which is annoying.

Agree :lol:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Who cares? She is 1-20 vs GS champions (0-20 since 2005).

Pierce0415

Interesting stat :D

Dexter
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:48 PM

RS:haha:.

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Those records remind me that Sveta was 1-14 vs Justine. That didn't stop Sveta from winning a major.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
Those records remind me that Sveta was 1-14 vs Justine. That didn't stop Sveta from winning a major.

Actually Sveta was *only* 1-5 vs Henin before winning US Open ;)
And she was 1-1 vs Venus, 1-3 vs Myskina and 1-0 vs Sharapova.

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
You'd have to include Sveta h2h with Jennifer Lindsay and Serena, who were in the draw and multiple slam winners.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:20 PM
You'd have to include Sveta h2h with Jennifer Lindsay and Serena, who were in the draw and multiple slam winners.

Sveta was 0-1 vs Jenny, 0-1 vs Serena and hadn't played Lindsay yet.

So it's 4-11 vs GS champions before winning her first Slam. Moreover it was 7-11 actually as Sveta had defeated also Martinez, Sanchez and Majoli.

7-11 is much better than 1-20.

Dexter
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Never ever argue with AnnaK_4ever about the stats. :yeah::lol:

sammy01
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
Sveta was 0-1 vs Jenny, 0-1 vs Serena and hadn't played Lindsay yet.

So it's 4-11 vs GS champions before winning her first Slam. Moreover it was 7-11 actually as Sveta had defeated also Martinez, Sanchez and Majoli.

7-11 is much better than 1-20.

whats svetas record against active grand slam winners now i bet its shit!

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
The best thing for Anna would be for Jankovic to win a major.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
whats svetas record against active grand slam winners now i bet its shit!

It can't be worse than Chakvetadze's record ;) Since then Sveta defeated Mauresmo thrice, Davenport twice, Sharapova twice, Venus twice, Myskina once, Henin once... At least 15 total wins. 14 more than Chakvetadze has.

sammy01
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:36 PM
It can't be worse than Chakvetadze's record ;) Since then Sveta defeated Mauresmo thrice, Davenport twice, Sharapova twice, Venus twice, Myskina once, Henin once... At least 15 total wins. 14 more than Chakvetadze has.

but my point is i bet svetas h2h with slam champions is poor but she is actualy a slam champion and runner up!

AJZ.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
Well hopefull Ai has a chance at the upset, then ;)

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
but my point is i bet svetas h2h with slam champions is poor but she is actualy a slam champion and runner up!

In comparison with Chakvetadze Sveta's record is just incredible.

When (and IF) Chakvetadze's record is as *bad* as Kuznetsova's one Anna will be much more respected player.

azmad_88
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:42 PM
im happy for her! hope she can be the next top russian soon!

sammy01
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:43 PM

When (and IF) Chakvetadze's record is as *bad* as Kuznetsova's one Anna will be much more respected player.

i agree but it doesn't mean people can dismiss annas achievements that she already has!

frenchie
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:52 PM

Yeah right:rolleyes:

People remember about players thinking about how many GS champions they have beaten according to AnnaK_4ever's stats:rolleyes:

People care about the number of tournaments won and the higher ranking reached.

Anna has 6 titles and reached #6 in the world. This is nearly as good as Dementieva or Kuznetsova. I'm not saying she has a better career but still...

Anna is young and still developping. Give her time!
She's here to stay so get over it:drool: :drool:

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:55 PM
I don't know who to compare Anna to. She's holding 6 titles, including Tier I and II. She's #6, but hasn't reached a slam SF.
That's unusual.

frenchie
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:57 PM
I don't know who to compare Anna to. She's holding 6 titles, including Tier I and II. She's #6, but hasn't reached a slam SF.
That's unusual.

Myskina before winning RG:confused:

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
i agree but it doesn't mean people can dismiss annas achievements that she already has!

The problem is she hasn't achieved anything big and she's not a threat for the top-guns. That's what people keep saying :shrug: And that's what all the facts say too.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Myskina before winning RG:confused:

Myskina won Leipzig over Clijsters and Henin, Moscow over Mauresmo, Doha over Capriati...