PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the Uberoi Sisters?

Seyz
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:45 AM
Just wondering.. so Shikha is playing for India and Neha is playing for the U.S.?
Any potential for these two at the moment? Should the US give Neha more wildcards?
Or do you think they 're not destined to make it to the top? Anynews?

Nickk
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
Unfortunately, I doubt they're good enough to make it. Maybe Neha could get close to the top 100, but I'm anything but certain about this.

drake3781
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:48 AM
Neha just played Cincinnati a couple weeks ago. Lost in 1R Qualies to Tatishvili. Bad draw but still... look at who she has lost to this year and there are many players I've not even heard of. :shrug:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/players/playerprofiles/PlayerActivity.asp?PlayerID=210045

Freakan
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:41 AM
They're still very stupid - playing almost only qualies in bigger tournaments instead of some challengers and that's not getting them anywhere.

TS
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:43 AM
They both have huge games, but don't seem to be going anywhere.

Hashim.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
don't know :scratch:

ASP0315
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
They're still very stupid - playing almost only qualies in bigger tournaments instead of some challengers and that's not getting them anywhere.

They both have huge games, but don't seem to be going anywhere.
agreed.
shikha got good serve but her groundies suck pretty bad.
Neha may reach top 100. but she needs to start winning some challengers and do well in qualies of wta tournaments.

Monica_Rules
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Can't see them going anywhere really. SHika had a decent game when i watched her in the US open a few years ago but they haven't really gone anywhere since. If they want to make it they need to stikc to challengers for a bit.

ASP0315
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Can't see them going anywhere really. SHika had a decent game when i watched her in the US open a few years ago but they haven't really gone anywhere since. If they want to make it they need to stikc to challengers for a bit.

i agree
shikha is hopeless at the moment. she got beat by players ranked lesser than her. (in pattaya qualies she got beat by a 1000th ranked player. :lol: )
she reached around 160 in world rankings two years and her best showing is QF at kolkata in 2005. since then she hasn't done anything.

As for neha she did manage to beat some players and had a pretty decent run last year. this year she is struggling a lot. she needs to work hard in order to get better.

so they better start playing Challenger s for some time and try to win matches in those rather than getting humilated in WTA level tournaments.