PDA

View Full Version : Will Nancy and Dewonder EVER retire?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:39 AM
Seriously...

While I do find it admirable that they are pursuing their dreams and continue to plug along, despite their weekly ass-kickings, when are they going to hang it up? They've each been on the tour for about 4 years, and have won a grand total of 4 matches between them (Nancy has 2 singles win and 1 doubles win and Dewonder has 1 doubles win. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think that is right) They are both in their 40s and aint getting any younger. It's a pretty safe bet that they're not going to pull something out of their ass and win matches (or games) on a consistently, weekly basis. Do they have husbands/girlfriends? Do they have the money to keep on doing this? They had their fun, got to travel around doing what they love to do best, and picked up the very rare win along the way. All the power in the world to them. Now that they have done that, would you all agree that it's time for them to move on?

disposablehero
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Hey, 4 years is barely the start of a career.

Jakeev
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:46 AM
The two of them are doing what they love to do even though they cannot win. Let em play and more power to them!!!

selesfan1
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:13 AM
They way Nancy will be able to keep doing this is if we buy her CD so let's each buy 5 copies.

Nimi
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:35 AM
her cd?!? OMG!!
what about a playboy dedicated to her??? :o

Brian Stewart
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:10 PM
They should keep going! If they were the type to get embarassed over results, it would have happened by now. Likewise, I think they both have realistic expectations for their careers, and aren't harboring any illusions of hoisting the Venus Rosewater dish any time soon.

However, they can still set their sights on the prestigious Fuh Cup. :)