New Haven - August 19, 2002
U.S. Open - August 26, 2002 (2 weeks)

==========

Williams, Serena - Los Angeles, Montreal, U.S. Open
Williams, Venus - Stanford, San Diego, New Haven, U.S. Open
Capriati, Jennifer - San Diego, Los Angeles, Montreal, U.S. Open
Seles, Monica - Stanford, San Diego, Los Angeles, U.S. Open
Clijsters, Kim - Stanford, San Diego, Los Angeles, Montreal, U.S. Open
Dokic, Jelena - Stanford, San Diego, Los Angeles, Montreal, New Haven, U.S. Open
Henin, Justine - Stanford, San Diego, Montreal, New Haven, U.S. Open
* Hingis, Martina - San Diego, Los Angeles, Montreal, U.S. Open
Davenport, Lindsay - Stanford, San Diego, Los Angeles, New Haven, U.S. Open
Mauresmo, Amelie - Montreal, New Haven, U.S. Open

* may change

==========

Notes:

- These are all according to player acceptance lists. I'll assume that everyone wants to play in the U.S. Open ;).

- Monica is not going to Montreal to defend her points.

- Kim is set to play 4 straight weeks.

- Jelena is set to play 7 straight weeks. :eek:

- Martina's return date is not clear at this point in time.

- Amelie will have 5 weeks off after Wimbledon before her first tourney in Montreal.

Rocketta
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:34 AM
jelena---7 straight weeks! :eek: Well I guess she has to make up for taking two weeks off after Wimbledon.

Lisbeth
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the info and Kim needs more rest than that for her arm :(

~RedRose~
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Kim is playing 5 weeks not 4

RockSteady
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:37 AM
Change the order, and you can see just how strong each warm up event is!

Stanford

Venus Williams
Monica Seles
Kim Clijsters
Jelena Dokic
Justine Henin
Lindsay Davenport

(Wow, how do Monica Seles/Lindsay Davenport & Venus Williams/Kim Clijsters semifinals sound to you?)

San Diego

Venus Williams
Jennifer Capriati
Monica Seles
Kim Clijsters
Jelena Dokic
Justine Henin
Martina Hingis :) :) :D
Lindsay Davenport

(Wow, how do Hingis/Venus & Lindsay/Jen semifinals sound to you?)

Los Angeles

Serena Williams
Jennifer Capriati
Monica Seles
Jelena Dokic
Justine Henin
Martina Hingis
Lindsay Davenport

(OMG, Hingis/Capriati & Lindsay/Serena possible semifinals!)

Montreal

Serena Williams
Jennifer Capriati
Kim Clijsters
Jelena Dokic
Justine Henin
Martina Hingis
Amelie Mauresmo

(Serena/Hingis & Capriati/Clijsters...::drools::...)

New Haven

Venus Williams
Jelena Dokic
Justine Henin
Lindsay Davenport
Amelie Mauresmo

(How good do Venus/Jelena & Henin/Davenport semi's sound?)

These tournaments have good tennis coming out the ass!

San Diego & Los Angeles look like the best match-ups for my taste, but EVERY tournament, even little ol' New Haven, has a stellar field. This isn't even counting lesser players like Rubin, Myskina, Hantuchova, Bedanova, Schnyder, Smashnova, Schett, Kournikova, and Dementieva.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

:) :) :)

This is the type of stuff that gets true tennis fans, like me, very very excited. I wish all of it was televised!

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:03 AM
lol Rocksteady

Jarrett
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:08 AM
I think it is a bit much to expect Lindsay and Martina to be in the semis of each of their events after coming back from injury, but it could happen. I hope Monica does really well.

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:21 AM
amélie will again show us the bad part of his tennis with a too long rest before coming to montréal... i nerver had the chance to see her play some good tennis, i hope i will be wrong this time.

Rollo
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:19 AM
LOL-Dokic does it again, reverting to Dumbchic by entering EVERY North American harcourt US Open tuneup. If she does them all AND manages to last into week two of New York that's 7 straight weeks on hard courts. That's bloody insane. At least she IS taking a couple weeks off:)

Williams Rulez
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:52 AM
OMG Dokic... what are you doing?! :eek:
If it is on grass, then maybe you'll be fine. 7 weeks on hardcourts?!!!

Hmmm... all these tournaments are fabulous, with stellar fields... I hope we get to see lots of exciting tennis. To top things up, with Lindsay and Martina back... it can only get better... :D

King Aaron
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Jelena :eek: :eek: :D I knew this would happen.. but it won't stop you from being ny favorite player !!!

Kart
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Any doubts I had before are now gone.

Jelena is absolutely crazy :eek:.

FP
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:49 AM
yeah Jarrett I'm agree with u actually Martina and Lindsay don't know their own abilities so far. They haven't been competeing for so long... hopefully their injuries won't come back and won't bother them, which is very much possible...
So I don't expect them to do really well in all these events I just hope that they will get better with each event ;)

FP
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:52 AM
I don't know why Jelena is doing it OMG she wants to end her life on tennis court that's for sure, it's cuecide :o

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:36 PM
The US Hardcourt Season is usually blessed with excellent fields :)

Sevenseas
Jul 9th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Thank you for the information, Darkheart.

mboyle
Jul 9th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Poor Jelena :sad: I wish she would be sensible about her schedule. (Though Justine is trying to rival her as she is playing 6/7 weeks) C'MON(ICA)! GO SNAPPY CAPPY!

Darkheart
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:59 PM
*final bump*

venusfan
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:56 PM
I never once doubt that Jelena would be playing the most tournaments.

ziggy
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:07 PM
"Dumchick" LOL... I use to call her "Duckchick"...

Mazza
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:11 PM
I understand Kim wants to get some match rhythm but is it really worth it when she could just rest her arm?!

:eek: At Jelena!

Sean
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Im really excited. They all have great line ups.

Jelena :mad: she is crazy, or shall we say Damir is. :rolleyes:

:kiss: @ Marti coming back.

Does anyone have Anna and Daniela's schedule - Thanks.

ptkten
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Anna's is Stanford, San Diego, Montreal
Daniela's is San Diego, LA, Montreal, New Haven

Sean
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Thanks ptken. :D

Infiniti2001
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:14 PM
I really worry about Jelena... Does she love tennis this much???:eek:

Couver
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Oh good Serena has a long rest, she needs it :)

Hopefully Venus can have another great hardcourt season. But wow these tournaments have amazing fields :)

I am also shocekd at Jelena....I keep wondering what her reasoning is. Especially since these are hardcourts and cause the most injury. Come on girl, rest bit.

angele87
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:20 PM
Kim is set to play 4 straight weeks.

:( :( she needs to rest!

Linnie
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Amélie should play either San Diego or L.A., as she needs the match play. She'd mentioned on her website in the beginning of the year that she'll play an extra tourney before the U.S. Open. I really hope she'll take a wild card for either of those.

Dawn Marie
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:30 PM
I can already see some early burnout before the US Open is over with.

And jelena done lost her mind!! She is nuts.. LMAO@ Rollo.:0

hhx
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Monica seems to play one tournament less comparing last year and avoids travelling to Canada to save more energy before US Open. She will have two weeks before it starts.:)

evadafan
Jul 10th, 2002, 03:03 AM
I hate Amelie. She makes those ludicrous comments about having a goal of being #3 in the world. Then she doesn't play. I really dislike her attitude. The day she is #3 in the world we will have had a major drop in form on the WTA. Sorry to go off topic;-)

And I see Jelena is taking the opposite approach of playing herself to death, hell she's probably the only one who ever sees Amelie on tour. Except of course the no-name who's job it is to "upset" Amelie that week.

le-plus-beau
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:29 AM
we all know that this schedule was made by damir-psycho!!!!!!

he wants to be very rich right the way!!!!!!!

POOR JELENA!!!!! will she be able to play( and win) a lot of weeks?

I REALLY HATE THIS PARENTS WHO ABUSE HER CHILDREN TO MAKE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

geoepee
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:42 AM
OMG Jelena!

I feel exhausted just looking at her schedule... She's already played 16 tournaments!!

vutt
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Heh!

You people who complaining about Jelena's busy schedule are strange. Lindsay, Kim, Justine playing only one tournament less. Even more – Jelena's shaky performance lately probably means some upset or two. So I'm not surprised if total no. of matches played by Lindsay or Justine in pre US Open period will be greater than Jelena's.

martinafan
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:28 AM
I agree with you there vutt.

I don't think the important issue is the number of tournaments played, but the number of matches played.

I mean, if a player plays 20 tournaments, losing QF or earlier on most occasions, compared to a player who played 14 tournaments, consistently being QF or better, then i think the first player actually wouldn't be as tired physically.....

martinafan
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:30 AM
I hope we can hear some news soon about Martina's return. I hope it is by the Canadian atleast. I'm assuming that she'll be back by the US Open, as that's what everyone seems to be assuming. But, isn't it possible that she might not be back until AFTER the US Open???? Her surgery wasn't that long ago really....I just hope she is 150% before she comes back!

Maybe one tournament playing just doubles before she starts singles again would be a good idea???? Just to get the feel of playing competitively on the ankle again???