5 Elena Likhovtseva
6 Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian
7 Amy Frazier
8 Henrieta Nagyova
9 Asa Svensson
10 Magui Serna

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:41 AM
I guess Adriana is in now that Sandrine has retired.

selesrules
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:53 AM
No Monica? No Anna? :(

Jarrett
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:03 AM
Rest Monica, Rest.... :)

Darkheart
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:10 AM
Anna K. will most likely get a wildcard. She's very popular in Canada (as well as every other place on the planet ;)).

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:48 AM
monica will probably be here even if she is not in the list. She often ask for late wildcard entry if she is okay to play.

i'm not sure that Anna will receive a wildcard. Because of the popularity of this tournament, the cutoff is very high so there is no québécoises and no canadians who can entered the main draw because of their ranking so they will need some wildcard for them. Marie-Eve Pelletier will receive one that's for sure because she is the #1 player here and she is at home and they will probably give one to the best canadian too. And Anna is not on the publicity here so don't count on that i think.

Jarrett
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:51 AM
No, I don't think Monica is going to play. She doesn't want to burnout like she did last year. If she does play I expect a similar result at the US Open.

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:57 AM
it was the same story for monica and the roger AT&T cup every years the past 3 years. She was not in the list but received a late wild card even if she always said the press conference that next year it will not be a big schedule like that. She have a semi-final to defend. We need her here! She is so popular here.

Jarrett
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:09 AM
Hmmm.... I hope not. I think her health is more important.

Nimi
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:42 AM
if Anna asks, Anna will get. i think she wishes she was as succesful as my baby AnnaS now!!

Williams Rulez
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Ooo... Lindsay is not playing?! :(

King Aaron
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Lindsay :confused:

Jelena :D
Serena :D
Martina :D
Anna S :D

Kart
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Monica doesn't really need to defend her points, she's racked up loads already this year.

Better off with the schedule she has and getting some proper rest before US open.

Of course, I'm still willing to bet she plays Canada at the last moment.

ajayares
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by barabanschikova_fan
monica will probably be here even if she is not in the list. She often ask for late wildcard entry if she is okay to play.

i'm not sure that Anna will receive a wildcard. Because of the popularity of this tournament, the cutoff is very high so there is no québécoises and no canadians who can entered the main draw because of their ranking so they will need some wildcard for them. Marie-Eve Pelletier will receive one that's for sure because she is the #1 player here and she is at home and they will probably give one to the best canadian too. And Anna is not on the publicity here so don't count on that i think.

Yeah, they will not give Anna a WC, who are you trying to kid.. She would the first person given one..

BTW I would like to know why there are so many qualifier for this event?? 12, so there are only 40 direct entries, where most fields of 56 have 8 qualifiers, so why does this event have 12???

Anna has entered the event, and will need a WC and I will put a billion dollars on it that she will get one too...

Sonja
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:35 PM
I tend to agree, if Anna wants a WC, she'll get it.

Is anyone attending this tourney?

Mazza
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Kim doesent normally play Montreal?! Why is she entering more tournies when she said she was going to cut down because of her arm?

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:32 PM
i will attend to the event most of the week including qualies.

Linnie
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Lindsay, I don't think, has played this tourney for at least the last couple of years.

Great field, though! I'm hoping to be there on Thursday and Friday :D

joneg2
Jul 10th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Barabans... and Linnie...I am so jealous! Not only am I happy for you guys but I can't wait to get your reports from Montreal... one of the, if not the greatest city in the world! ...kewl. :wavey:

cheeky
Jul 10th, 2002, 11:21 AM
so many people!!!
i will also be going on monday(1 round) and friday(quarterfinals)
it will be great!!!!:)

TeeRexx
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Great!
SERENA will be ablt to increase her winning streak over Capriati! :)

Sonja
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:11 PM
One word for barabanschikova_fan and Linnie

PHOTOS :D :D :D

barmaid
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Last year both Lindsay and Martina pulled out of the Rogers AT & T Cup after a tourney in Florida (Lindsay won that tourney too) citing injuries. So Monica was invited to play and she and Serena played one of the best matches of the year there..a real close encounter!! I'm hoping that Martina will be ready to play here this year and also Lindsay who is starting to play this week I believe. Monica has played quite a few tournaments already this year so she just might be cutting back but depending on whose healthly at that time..she might decide to play afterall. The more the "merrier"!!:D

barmaid:wavey:

Russianfan
Jul 10th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Montreal usually is picky with wildcards but I don't think they have much choice with Anna

1-she is very very popular
2-she is the type of player who would not take the fact of not getting it and could boo the event in the future...

Russianfan
Jul 10th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Oh and by the way, I will be there all week as well :bounce: :wavey:

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:07 PM
photos? ya sure we will take a lot of photos even if the best players in my hearth will not be there for another year:(

Yep this is true montréal is a cool city and the tournament is so popular that they increse the prize of the tickets years after years so it start to make it very very expensive for university student like me. One full year at the tournament is just a little bit mroe cheap than a full semester at university... but both deserve to be pay because that's so cool!!!

Davenport was there 2 years ago but lost to a no-name player or Henin i think not sure.

ßcoene
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Kim Clijsters :bounce:
Justine Henin :bounce:
Patty Schnyder :bounce:
Iroda Tulyaganova :bounce:
Tamarine Tanasugarn :bounce:
Chanda Rubin :bounce:
Alexandra Stevenson :bounce:
Ai Sugiyama :bounce:

Philip
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Eruosport normally do great coverage of this event :D hopefully the same this year :)

Couver
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry I won't get to see Monica play here, however I think she needs the rest. I'd much rather see her do well at the US Open.

I hope Serena defends this tournament has one of the coolest trophies :)

Russianfan
Jul 10th, 2002, 07:48 PM
I think like 2 of the last 3 years Monica was not in commitment and still came so don't get sad yet:wavey:

Jorn
Jul 10th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Go Tina!! :) (Not bad to be rank at #42 two weeks to enter here) ;)

rated_next
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:12 PM
I'll be going here as well. :)

iluvtennis
Jul 10th, 2002, 11:10 PM
I'm gonna be there all week long too!! I just can't wait! I bought my tickets like a year ago...it's gonna be my first time at that tournament :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ryan
Jul 10th, 2002, 11:26 PM
I hope Serena defends this tournament has one of the coolest trophies

I think they change the trophy every year, but not sure. Maybe they we're just re-desgning it before, there was a promo during the oturnament last year about how thye came up with the idea.

The 4(3?) WC's are going to CANADIANS. They get WildCards into the Canadian Open eveyr year. There's ONE Gold WC which went to Monica last year I think.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 10th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Too bad that it wasn't in Toronto this year or I would go.

Last year I missed out cause I went to see the men in MOntreal - though I figure i had a better time there anyhow

Next year maybe I'll go, if I can afford it after my trip to Montreal ;)

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:40 AM
Too bad that it wasn't in Toronto this year

lol don't make me laugh lol. Toronto don't have any stadium do receive those stars!!! So there is nothing bad in that. The only positive side in toronto is that the prize of the tickets are cheap compare to here because the stadium here is bigger and is always full and break all the records every years.

~SunFlower~
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Like Rated_Next (when are you leaving?), I will be there flying to Montreal from Vancouver on Aug 9th. I will support to all the Russian girls all week long for Eggy! :D

And as well as Junior Canadian Open in the first week of US Open to cheer for junior Russian girls for Eggy too! I hope for Vera Douchevina, Maria Sharapova, Maria Kirilenko and Nina Brittchnova all to be there. ;)

AjdeNate!
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:40 AM
I'm sure if Monica doesn't get the results she wants in Cali, she'll enter here. However, if she's consistently in the late rounds, I bet she skips it...course I could be wrong.

ceetje
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:20 AM
eleni :bounce:
kim :bounce:
daniela :bounce:
babsi :bounce:

Buitenzorg
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Katulampa's Girls are:

Martina HINGIS Daniella HANTUCHOVA Justine HENIN

Good Luck!

Wojtek
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Sandrine Testud wouldn't play here , because she retired from WTA Tour .

Linnie
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:49 AM
I've just ordered my tickets! :D

Now I need to book a hotel room. For those of you that know the city, where would be the best place to stay? Downtown or midtown? Near the old city? Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:40 PM
all the hotels are in the downtown and it is better like that. We have a good subway system so this is the best way to arrive at the stadium fast. The stadium is at 2 kilometwers i think of the downtown and maybe 5-10min of car or maybe 15-20 of subway and this is so cheap. I'M cheaking hotels for another guy on the board so i will send the best thing i found here later.

I will support russian girls too with my huge flag of Russia all week long!!!

Linnie
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Thanks, b_fan :)

rated_next
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:03 PM
i'm the guy jonathan (barabanschikova_fan) is talking about ;)

Linnie
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:12 PM
:wavey: ;)

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:21 PM
there is what i found for rated-next. But this is maybe not appropriated for you Linnie because your american so you can spend more money on bigger hotel, thing that a canadian or a québécois cannot do easily because of the value of our money. So for you Linnie i think you should check with the search engine of yahoo. If this is on the st-catherine's stree this is okay and not so far of the stadium by taxi or bus or subway.

So there is what i found for you rated-next in case you did not receive the private message:

HÔTEL VILLA DE FRANCE * (1 star)

57 rue Sainte-Catherine Est
Montreal, Quebec
Tel : (514) 849-5043

Category : Hotel
Area : Montreal-Centre
Price : $40-$80 double

Linnie
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Thanks.....I was mainly interested in which part of town to stay. I've found a couple through Travelocity :)

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:48 PM
forgot mwhat i wrotye 2 messages higher!!! this hotel is in the "red light" of montréal and it's use my prostitute so DON't GO THERE !!! maybe you should go to the YMCA of Montreal this is in the downtown and in front of a subways station. don'T know the phone number yet will check later tonight

babsi
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Try the McGill university, I can't find my book now to give you the link

Including tax they have single rooms for $35.09 (student) and $44.86 (non-student), but they don't include private bathroom.

There is also the concordia university but I can't find the link to private rooms on the site.

rated_next
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:32 PM
thank you all of you for the information :)

damn ... i already bought my tickets :sad: ... i rarely go to center court as well ... oh well, there is always next year ;)

rated_next
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:34 PM
babsi: that sounds great :)

rated_next
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:35 PM
jp and b_fan: thanks for the info :)