Aug 1st, 2007, 09:18 PM
replaced by Bovina and Kerber

Elwin.
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:19 PM
Expected from Vera :sad:

Serena :hug:

LCS
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM
At least Elena gets a chance to play, as well as Angelique!! :)

Bijoux0021
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:21 PM
I knew Serena was not ready to play. She might not play until the US Open. The thumb injury should be healed by then.

Alexj
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:22 PM
Oh NO!!!!! I'm going to the LA Open and was looking forward to seeing these two. Too bad :sad:
__________________________________________________ _________________

~Marion Bartoli~ Anna Chakvetadze~ Ana Ivanovic~ Jelena Jankovic~ Patty Schnyder~ Daniela Hantuchova~ Vera Zvonareva~ Dinara Safina~ Nadia Petrova~ Elena Dementieva~

Craigy
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:23 PM
Meh.

Demska
Bepa :sad:

ce
Bovina :worship:

Natalicious
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM
:sad:

tobe
what a surprise....

Bart
Bovina in :woohoo:

crazyroberto6767
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:25 PM
Ughhh, I was so hoping to see Serena live again :sad:. Oh well, should still be good tournament. Heal up Serena! :awww:

tennisIlove09
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:26 PM
Not surprised. Serena has never really played a full summer season before. I think the first half the season takes its toll and she is always injured during the summer, or so it seems.

starin
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM
expected from both. Zvonereva prolly won't play the USO.
And Serena was still had her hand bandaged up this week so its not unexpected that she withdrew. I just hope she can get healthy.

RJWCapriati
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM
Well nice to see Bovina in :)

Slumpsova
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:42 PM
Serena you can't win US Open without playing a single tournament :mad:
and the worst thing is you might have to face Justine in the quarters again :o

The Dawntreader
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:43 PM
Bit shocked about Serena, thumb injury must be worse than i thought. I hope she recovers soon :hug:

Vera:sad: Probably be out until next year........

LindsayRulz
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:44 PM
:sad:

K-Dog
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
Eh, hoping that Serena played, but I had a feeling that she might have to withdraw. Her agent's comments were not too reassuring. Who knows if Serena will even be able to play the USO now.

Il Primo!
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
Oh Serena :hug: She has some points to defend there. Hope she stays at least in the top10 by the US Open.

Vlad Tepes
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:47 PM
Too bad for the LA organizers and public. Serena would have really drawn in the crowds and Bepa is long overdue for a return to action. I hope both of them can make a return very soon, the tour needs them and I can't wait for a new episode of the Justine - Serena rivalry.

Kunal
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:50 PM
the peril of being a serena fan

hurricanejeanne
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:51 PM
Bepa :awww:

Serena :(

Get well soon you two :hug:

treufreund
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:57 PM
Serena has very much conditioned to think it is acceptable to just withdraw from tons of tournaments. :rolleyes: why bother committing to so many tournaments? deep down she had to know that she would not play!

Craigy
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:58 PM
Serena has very much conditioned to think it is acceptable to just withdraw from tons of tournaments. :rolleyes: why bother committing to so many tournaments? deep down she had to know that she would not play!

She entered months ago.

K-Dog
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:00 PM
We have been blessed with her actually playing 7 events this year. That's almosty double of last year's effort.

Matt01
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:02 PM
She entered months ago.

That's not the point.

Vlad Tepes
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
What exactly is Vera suffering from? She's been out for ages and she was on a good run before the injury. :sad:

Pureracket
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:05 PM
Serena has very much conditioned to think it is acceptable to just withdraw from tons of tournaments. :rolleyes: why bother committing to so many tournaments? deep down she had to know that she would not play!Do you write this bullshit based on a dare?

Rocketta
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:05 PM
That's not the point.

what's the point that Serena was suppose to somehow develop ESP and foresee the future and know that she was going to hurt her thumb at Wimbledon therefore not enter any tournaments after Wimbledon? :weirdo:

If that's the point then frankly he and you would be better off with the other 'implied' point. :cuckoo:

Pureracket
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM
what's the point that Serena was suppose to somehow develop ESP and foresee the future and know that she was going to hurt her thumb at Wimbledon therefore not enter any tournaments after Wimbledon? :weirdo:

If that's the point then frankly he and you would be better off with the other 'implied' point. :cuckoo:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Rocketta
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM
Do you write this bullshit based on a dare?

I think it's his *special* friend....:shrug:

You know the one that only he can see and hear. :eek:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:12 PM
Bepa and Serena :sobbing:

Glad Bovina is gonna play though. :)

Matt01
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:13 PM

What is an ESP?

Sorry, but when you are Serena Williams and know that you are so prone to injuries and are hardly able to play more than two tournaments in a row, you really shouldn't commit to 4 (!) tournaments in a row.

cosmoose
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:16 PM
Regarding Serena...how can a player have such a powerful game and be so physically fragile?
She might have the hardest strokes but she seemed to me made out of tissue paper. :confused:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:19 PM
What exactly is Vera suffering from? She's been out for ages and she was on a good run before the injury. :sad:

tendon in her wrist :sad: :sad:

Rocketta
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM
What is an ESP?

Sorry, but when you are Serena Williams and know that you are so prone to injuries and are hardly able to play more than two tournaments in a row, you really shouldn't commit to 4 (!) tournaments in a row.

Extra-Sensory Perception

4 tournaments in a row means what 4 weeks? I don't remember Serena withdrawing from four weeks of tournaments in a row???

Matt01
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:26 PM
4 tournaments in a row means what 4 weeks? I don't remember Serena withdrawing from four weeks of tournaments in a row???

Cincinnati, Stanford, San Diego, Los Angeles.

Bijoux0021
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:34 PM
What is an ESP?

Uh shut up! How about she doesn't commit to any tournament at all! :rolleyes:

ChampLindsay
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Serena:sad: :sad: :sad: whats going on!:o

Matt01
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:40 PM
Uh shut up! How about she doesn't commit to any tournament at all! :rolleyes:

:lol: These kind of reactions only confirm my picture of the Serena-fans.

Epigone
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:41 PM
I miss Bepa :sobbing:

Rocketta
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:41 PM
Cincinnati, Stanford, San Diego, Los Angeles.

ah I see. but if she had withdraw from all of them how exactly was she suppose to know that before hand? :scratch: Even if she didn't think she could play 4 weeks in a row......maybe she had to submit her name for the entry list because the WTA forced her to like they do everyone else? :shrug:

I still fail to see how she's suppose to know exactly what she's going to be able to do months in advance when she commits to tournaments? :shrug:

Rocketta
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:42 PM

not that anyone really gives a damn but what do you think your actions confirm about those of your ilk? :lol:

Pureracket
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:42 PM
Share your views of us, and we'll share ours of you.:wavey: You go first.

Rocketta
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:44 PM
Share your views of us, and we'll share ours of you.:wavey: You go first.

Deja Vu! :eek:

oh wait, that's just the same post posted 3 times. :lol:

Bijoux0021
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:48 PM
And your reactions only confirm my picture of the Serena-haters.
You're not even a Serena fan. Why are you so upset over her withdrawal? Haters like you never cease to amaze me.

vejh
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:00 PM
If someone is not a fan why are they a 'hater'? LOL.

Matt01
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:02 PM
Just to clarify, I'm not a hater :rolleyes: and I would have liked to see Serena play in Los Angeles :)

Pureracket
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:02 PM
Deja Vu! :eek:

oh wait, that's just the same post posted 3 times. :lol:I deleted, Ms. United Kingdom.

Rocketta
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM
I deleted, Ms. United Kingdom.

That's Mrs. Kart Administrator to you. :ras:

Beny
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM
Serena,Vera :hug:

But very good replacement!!! I'm happy those girls don't have to play qualies..

Bijoux0021
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:04 PM
not that anyone really gives a damn but what do you think your actions confirm about those of your ilk? :lol:EXACTLY! It's funny how Williams haters are ALWAYS quick to bash the sisters regardless of the circumstances.

Rocketta
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:05 PM
If someone is not a fan why are they a 'hater'? LOL.

I think it has something to do with the fact that when you hate you are being very negative and when non-fans post in threads about players they don't like they tend to be negative. Hey but that's just my take on it. :)

woosey
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:11 PM
:sobbing: get well rena. guess i won't be seeing you play.

Bijoux0021
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:33 PM
Just to clarify, I'm not a hater :rolleyes: and I would have liked to see Serena play in Los Angeles :)
:lol:

You could have fooled me. :rolleyes: If you're not a hater, why are you bashing her for withdrawing due to injury. Don't you know players have to commit months in advance to those tournaments? Do you believe that Serena knew months ago she was going to injure her thumb at Wimbledon? Or are you that hateful you don't care either way? I bet you wanted to see her play hurt and get beaten. That would have made your day a lot brighter, and that's why you're upset she withdrew. Better luck next time, buddy! :wavey:

Matt01
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:00 AM
If you're not a hater, why are you bashing her for withdrawing due to injury.

I didn't "bash her for withdrawing due to injury".
I criticised her for committing to too many tournaments in a row. If that automatically qualifies me as a hater in some short-sighted people's opinions, well, I really don't care...:rolleyes:

Thanx4nothin
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:18 AM
Pathetic from Serena. Embarrassing year again.

Craigy
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:19 AM
Pathetic from Serena. Embarrassing year again.

It's hardly pathetic. It would be pathetic if she played.

Pureracket
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:20 AM
I didn't "bash her for withdrawing due to injury".
I criticised her for committing to too many tournaments in a row. If that automatically qualifies me as a hater in some short-sighted people's opinions, well, I really don't care...:rolleyes:Your words are just helping us continue to paint a picture of you.

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:29 AM
Too bad about Bepa! I'm also sad about Serena not playing, but I want her to heal up for the USO. I would rather her miss warm up tournies than a Slam.

vejh
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Apparently there is a very low threshold for being labelled a hater on WTAWorld; especially where it concerns certain fanbases.

Lulu.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:43 AM
:sobbing:

Get well Rena, hope you can play the open :hug:

Pureracket
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Apparently there is a very low threshold for being labelled a hater on WTAWorld; especially where it concerns certain fanbases.Let it go....let it go.

alex.stef
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:05 AM
oh, boy! it seems that nothing is going well for Serena atm :sad:

Venus+Serena#1fan
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:21 AM
Let's not be too hard on Serena if it weren't for her f*ing up her hand she would have played alot this summer, she talked about her desire to do so since months ago. Her leg feels great the only problem is the hand....of course it SUCKS and it's highly frustrating and disappointing for both her and her fans but that's life and that's tennis.

I'm hoping she will get a WC into Canada or Pilot Pen if she's healed up by then but if not, we know Serena is capable of great things with little match practice.

delicatecutter
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:25 AM
This royally sucks!!

You can never count Serena out, obviously, but I would feel a lot more confident about her chances at the Open if she at least had been able to play one warm-up. :sobbing:

SerenaSlam_1
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:29 AM
i dnt see on the LA site that her or zvonerva pulled out.... so where r u gettin ur info from...

UDACHi
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:44 AM
neither are a surprise. serena will be ready for the open, like always. not sure about vera.

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:48 AM
Bovina :kiss: :hearts:

good luck :hug:

tennisIlove09
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:00 AM
Can someone tell me what happened to Vera? She was having such a solid season ... ???

heytennis
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:04 AM
I feel very bad for Zvonareva. She was rising very fast before this injury. She had already beaten Ivanovic (x2), Sharapova, and Hantuchova this season.

Brooks.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:45 AM
sigh

I've just given up on the notion that Serena Williams can play a complete schedule...well hopefully she'll at least be at the Open although it's going to be tough for her to pull out a win with very little prep

The Kaz
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:49 AM
Surprise Suprise :o

:secret: Serena's injury will be all better just in time for the US Open (as usual)

azza
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:54 AM
WOW SERENA OUT bloddy DUH this girl isnt commited to tennis and shud retire and concnetrate on her lesser skills of Acting and Desinger.

winone23
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Bummer, get well soon Serena!

Hashim.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 08:39 AM
:sad::sobbing:

bepa n rena...

Poova
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
Bepa :bigcry: Come back soon :hug

Lena in though :woohoo:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
get well soon Serena :)

maja.amelie
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
:sad: Serena

MistyGrey
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:45 PM
Get well soon Serena and vera :hug:

CORIA01
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
It Was Expected From Serena
She Is Still Injured

mercury williams
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
It Was Expected From Serena
She Is Still Injured

SERENA isn't out of LA. In the main page, she is still entry

Poova
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
SERENA isn't out of LA. In the main page, she is still entry
The website won't reveal she's out yet. It wants to sell tickets. ;)

Tech1
Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:14 AM
Serena thumbs another event

From Matthew Cronin in San Diego, California

August 03, 2007 SERENA Williams has withdrawn from next week's Los Angeles Classic with a lingering thumb injury that has forced her to miss five events since Wimbledon.

The eight-time Grand Slam winner injured her thumb at Wimbledon in her dramatic fourth-round victory over Daniela Hantuchova, before going out to top ranked Justine Henin in the quarter-finals.

Williams has since pulled out of Fed Cup and tournaments in Cincinnati, Stanford, San Diego and now Los Angeles.

Speaking at the San Diego Classic, where his other daughter, Wimbledon champion Venus, is playing, father Richard said Serena is not even practicing.

"She can't hit the ball yet," he said.