PDA

View Full Version : Acura 2R Sania Mirza defeats Elini Daniilidou 7-6 (1) 6-3

Expat
Aug 1st, 2007, 06:56 PM
what is happening here
she faced break points on each game and still wins

selyoink
Way to go Sania. Keep up these winning ways.

Tenis Srbija
Elini :lol:

skumars
Aug 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM
what is happening here

Looks like she's getting mentally tougher, that augurs well for her.

ASP0315
Aug 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM
what is happening here

aren't that stupid dumbass who said sania will lose? :haha:

saniafan2005
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:01 PM
good win sania keep it up....

TheBoiledEgg
Sania ;) :yeah: :D
closing in on top 30 ;)

njnetswill
Eleni 5/20 BPs. :lol:

Sania! Win you next match so I can see that forehand on Friday :drool:

Expat
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:02 PM
aren't that stupid dumbass who said sania will lose? :haha:well i still maintain that her serve isn't gonna get her anywhere unless she improves it
she is like brenda schultz mccarthy who had serve she has a forehand thats it

forever_rafter
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:03 PM
Can't believe Eleni didn't win this match...what a chance wasted.

Elwin.
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:04 PM
Sania :)

VasVas
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:05 PM
too much bp's.. anyway keep going Sania :hug:

ASP0315
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:06 PM
well i still maintain that her serve isn't gonna get her anywhere unless she improves it
she is like brenda schultz mccarthy who had serve she has a forehand thats it

Well you are a really fucktard. There is no doubt about that. Who the fuck cares about you.
Only thing you wan't is bash sania. You will find whatever excuse you like to call her a loser.
Sania reached finals at stanford reached final at semi and all you care to do is call her is a one shot player.
BTW Tennis is not all about serve. Look at Dementieva's serve. she is top player isn't it. ? :lol:

Have you ever watched sania matches. ? I doubt you havent watched any and all you do is see scoreboard and make conclusions.

Ingokoer
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM
well i still maintain that her serve isn't gonna get her anywhere unless she improves it

A big serve is not a guarantee for a win. Otherwise players like Roddick would be number 1 in the world and never lose a match.

Apoorv
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM
sania seems to be getting exhausted but brings the reserves with strong mind.

eleni 5/20 on bp.

sania 6/9. says it all. sania was tough on important points.

Apoorv
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:09 PM
sania is now 2-0 over elini.

Expat
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:14 PM
Well you are a really fucktard. There is no doubt about that. Who the fuck cares about you.
Only thing you wan't is bash sania. You will find whatever excuse you like to call her a loser.
Sania reached finals at stanford reached final at semi and all you care to do is call her is a one shot player.
BTW Tennis is not all about serve. Look at Dementieva's serve. she is top player isn't it. ? :lol:

Have you ever watched sania matches. ? I doubt you havent watched any and all you do is see scoreboard and make conclusions.
i would rather prefer veetard
i like big servers and that the way i like the game to be played
its a shame that they have slowed down wimbledon pace over the years
i have watched and played tennis since the age of 8 so i think i know a bit abt it

as for Elena I think the only reason she never won a grand slam was her appalling serve
but yes a serve is not the end all of tennis but it helps you go far very far

Morrissey
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:20 PM
Now this is good news. Now has Sania cracked the top 30 or not?

ASP0315
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:21 PM
i would rather prefer veetard
i like big servers and that the way i like the game to be played
its a shame that they have slowed down wimbledon pace over the years
i have watched and played tennis since the age of 8 so i think i know a bit abt it

As the matter of i do like big servers as well and i'm not a big fan of wta.

if you wan't big servers go follow mens tennis then. Why do even bother following womens tennis? :confused:
Thats how womens tennis is played.( breaks, long rallies and errors)
Even Venus and Serena get broken very often BTW. :haha:
Venus set a serve record at French open against Harkleroad but she couldn't serve out the match and got broken three times.:lol:

I really loved the bagel petrova handed to her at Fed cup. :lol:

As for serena how many time did she get broken against henin at French open and wimbledon. :lol:

Morrissey
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:23 PM
Some people are ignorant. You cannot expect a tennis player to play PERFECT all the time. Every match is different just like life. Some days you go on the court and you are feeling FINE. And then there are other days when your game is off. Credit to Sania for WINNING the match in straight sets. EVERYONE knows Eleni is a headcase. I am not surprised by this result I expected Sania to win because I believe Sania is the BETTER and more CONSISTENT player. And Sania has beaten Eleni before. So no surprise today. Good job Sania a WIN is a WIN is a WIN!!!!

Expat
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
As the matter of i do like big servers as well and i'm not a big fan of wta.

if you wan't big servers go follow mens tennis then. Why do even bother following womens tennis? :confused:
i will follow as long as venus and serena are there
Thats how womens tennis is played.( breaks, long rallies and errors)
quite boring thank god for the williams sisters and capriati and davenport
Even Venus and Serena get broken very often BTW. :haha:
Venus set a serve record at French open against Harkleroad but she couldn't serve out the match and got broken three times.:haha:

I really loved the bagel petrova handed to her at Fed cup. :lol:
at least they have the potential to turn it around
answers in bold above

truth be told i watch her matches only because she is an indian nothing abt her strikes me as impressive

skumars
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:28 PM
sania seems to be getting exhausted but brings the reserves with strong mind.

eleni 5/20 on bp.

sania 6/9. says it all. sania was tough on important points.

It makes me SOOOOOOO HAPPPPPYYYYY! Keep going babe. Walk out of the doubles, please. i don't want you to waste energy in doubles. Safina would be verryyy tough in the next round.

skumars
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:31 PM
Sania ;) :yeah: :D
closing in on top 30 ;)

Can you give us a brief situational analysis that is required in order for her to break into top 30 next monday? Whats happening with Anabel in the other tourney?

Morrissey
Yes people forget for the past two weeks Sania has WON WTA tour titles in tier III and tier II events. Sania won the doubles with different partners I must point out in Cincinatti and Stanford. So just remember Sania has been playing A LOT of tennis and she has been winning. I am happy and pleased Sania is doing well in doubles. I think its smart for her to play doubles not just for the extra cash but also the experience it brings. Its so nice to see Sania healthy. Sania does look a lot more fitter and a lot more leaner and in much better physical shape. And I can sense she has a hunger she really wants to move higher and she's on the right path.

Morrissey
Yes people forget for the past two weeks Sania has WON WTA tour titles in tier III and tier II events. Sania won the doubles with different partners I must point out in Cincinatti and Stanford. So just remember Sania has been playing A LOT of tennis and she has been winning. I am happy and pleased Sania is doing well in doubles. I think its smart for her to play doubles not just for the extra cash but also the experience it brings. Its so nice to see Sania healthy. Sania does look a lot more fitter and a lot more leaner and in much better physical shape. And I can sense she has a hunger she really wants to move higher and she's on the right path.

~Carsten~
nice win Sania! :)

pkilli
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:37 PM
Didn't expect Sania to play this well in this hard court season, and i am jumping with joy! :bounce:

CORIA01
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:37 PM
she seems to be in a very good form
well done sania

Demska
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:42 PM
Great win Sania, Keep it up! :D

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:45 PM
It was only a matter of time and even now Sania is not the completed article, but she has clearly step up to a new level this month and it's great to see. That she has managed to play so many matches while maintaining her high level of play shows how all the fitness work of the last 18 months is playing great dividends. The one thing that still needs a lot of work is the serve. Sania is still getting broken way too much for comfort and she would find life a heck of alot easier if she could get to a point where she was holding say 80% of her service games. But I'm sure she is aware of this and in time this too will be sorted out.

LeRoy.
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
Next up is Dinara Safina

sfselesfan
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:49 PM
These people who say all she has to offer is a forehand are just spewing hateful bullsh!t. I watched her play last week and she also has a solid backhand, nice movement on the baseline, and a great return off both sides.

STFU already!

SF

Apoorv
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:52 PM
Safina will be tough esp. when Sania still has to play doubles match today.

ce
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:03 PM
:)

Dexter
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:06 PM
Well done, Sania! :yeah:

Mightymirza
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:16 PM
shes clearly tired but at the end her mental fortitude is what got her through :yeah: she was down 0 40 on her serve at 3 3 in 2nd set!! Eleni converted 5/20 Bps :lol:

merda2004
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
Can't believe Eleni didn't win this match...what a chance wasted.

what is wasted is our time supporting her and her time staying with the same coach!!!
i dont know what else to say or to do in order for her to realise a few things!!!
she is an idiot and i am so furious and upset with her and her decisions!!!
i wonder what her family is saying to her. as about me i said what i think but she didnt like it!!!
and the thing is she was in front in the first set! but then again her percentage in serve especially the 2nd serve are below average!!!
wake up u idiot!!!
u r gifted...make it work before its 2 late!!!!

forever_rafter
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:26 PM
what is wasted is our time supporting her and her time staying with the same coach!!!
i dont know what else to say or to do in order for her to realise a few things!!!
she is an idiot and i am so furious and upset with her and her decisions!!!
i wonder what her family is saying to her. as about me i said what i think but she didnt like it!!!
and the thing is she was in front in the first set! but then again her percentage in serve especially the 2nd serve are below average!!!
wake up u idiot!!!
u r gifted...make it work before its 2 late!!!!

Like I said before, you have some point but please don't call Eleni names. You can call her silly but don't call her stupid, ok? It bothers me.

Alexj
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:29 PM
Sania keeps up her winning form! Next up Safina. Thats gonna be a tough one.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

~Marion Bartoli~ Anna Chakvetadze~ Ana Ivanovic~ Jelena Jankovic~ Patty Schnyder~ Daniela Hantuchova~ Vera Zvonareva~ Dinara Safina~ Nadia Petrova~ Elena Dementieva~

merda2004
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM
Like I said before, you have some point but please don't call Eleni names. You can call her silly but don't call her stupid, ok? It bothers me.

the name calling shouldnt be bothering u polish girl. what should be bothering u is that she is going from worse to worst!!!
and between us silly/idiot/stupid is pretty much the same thing. silly is more of a kid talk while idiot (which she is and thats what i believe) is more of an adult talk. something that our dear eleni needs to do. grow up!!!
she has a few more years of playing tennis left. she should use it for the best and not the worst!!!

Morrissey
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:44 PM
Sania you go girl! Sania was clearly tired and she still won the match in straight sets anyway! Go Sania! I think Sania's hunger is really increasing she really wants this now she really wants to move up!

forever_rafter
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:47 PM
the name calling shouldnt be bothering u polish girl. what should be bothering u is that she is going from worse to worst!!!
and between us silly/idiot/stupid is pretty much the same thing. silly is more of a kid talk while idiot (which she is and thats what i believe) is more of an adult talk. something that our dear eleni needs to do. grow up!!!
she has a few more years of playing tennis left. she should use it for the best and not the worst!!!

Well, you and me are a few years older than Eleni and maybe we are more mature than she is. Still, calling her names won't change anything so please don't. If she can't see what's happening and doesn't feel like doing something about her game, tennis and career, than maybe she doesn't care and If so, maybe we shouldn't care either. In such case, we stress ourselves for nothing.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:48 PM
These people who say all she has to offer is a forehand are just spewing hateful bullsh!t. I watched her play last week and she also has a solid backhand, nice movement on the baseline, and a great return off both sides.

STFU already!

SF
One of your best posts ever. :)

lalit, you are quickly becoming one of the most annoying posters on the board. Not only is what you say hateful bullshit, but you go on and on and on about a player who you don't even like just for the hell of it. Why don't you go focus on players you actually enjoy so that people might actually care what you have to say, cause nobody in here does.
---

Well done on another win, Sania. The serve is still a major cause for concern, but I guess what's important is she's pulling through matches and winning the majority of important points. That counts for a lot. Well done on another QF and good luck against Safina. :kiss:

Oh, and pull out of the doubles for heaven's sake. She better not play Los Angeles next week, and SHE BETTER PLAY CANADA. :mad: LOL.

Kunal
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:49 PM
saweeeeeeeet

merda2004
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:50 PM
i care because she is keep saying that her training is going well and this and that
at least have the courage and admitt that something is going wrong. dont lie!!! we have eyes!!!
well anyway
i said what i needed to say. just hope that someone can tell her what i think and what other people think
if u see her in the us open say hi from me lol

forever_rafter
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:55 PM
if u see her in the us open say hi from me lol

Maybe if I wore a bullet-proof vest :lol:

LeRoy.
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:55 PM
Well done on another QF and good luck against Safina. :kiss:

She is into the 3rd round right now. If she wins against Dinara she will make the QF or am i missing something ? :confused:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:57 PM
She is into the 3rd round right now. If she wins against Dinara she will make the QF or am i missing something ? :confused:
Oh, it's a 64 draw? My bad LOL.

Expat
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:12 PM

lalit, you are quickly becoming one of the most annoying posters on the board. Not only is what you say hateful bullshit, but you go on and on and on about a player who you don't even like just for the hell of it. Why don't you go focus on players you actually enjoy so that people might actually care what you have to say, cause nobody in here does.

well if u r saying it then i guess i should stop talking abt sania's serve
at least u seem reasonable compared to some of the sania maniacs i have been battling recently
as for my favs
well venus is leadin 3-0 go venus

.:sk:.
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:17 PM
Sania :yeah:

mirzalover
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:19 PM
Keep it up Sania beat Dinara

adrovi
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM
Sania :worship: :worship:

skumars
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:44 PM

Well done on another win, Sania. The serve is still a major cause for concern, but I guess what's important is she's pulling through matches and winning the majority of important points. That counts for a lot. Well done on another QF and good luck against Safina. :kiss:

Oh, and pull out of the doubles for heaven's sake. She better not play Los Angeles next week, and SHE BETTER PLAY CANADA. :mad: LOL.

QF, not yet buddy. She needs another win, this is a 64 draw, not 32. And damn doubles match of hers is going on. Why cant she just pull out of it? Is there any penalty from WTA to pull out of a tourney without any injury?

jazzfuzion
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:02 AM
c'mon sania!you can do it against dinara!

in this thread,sania fans are arguing with lalit and eleni fans are arguing amongst themselves.

mandarjj
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:16 AM
well done sania !!

Martian
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:59 AM
Sania should try to finish the match early tomorrow (win or lose) and get some good rest. With her current form, if she was not drained she'd definitely whack Safina or any other ina or ova.

azhkz
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:33 AM
Welldone SANIBABY!

Kunal
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:28 AM
lets beat dinara now..

Hashim.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:34 AM
:woohoo::dance:

now beat Safina :armed:

Cashif
Aug 2nd, 2007, 08:41 AM
Well done Sania:yeah:

For me, the main reason behind her winning is her mental attitude. I believe the match against Morigami toughened her up, whereas she was losing all these close sets and matches before, after that match she has started winning these. That win really has spurred her on and I think has given her that self-confidence which was lacking earlier..

If she could just improve her serve, then she can go a long way in realising her dream of being a Top10 player..Well done Sania:bounce::bounce:

Anuraagbhadana
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
I dunno whether to be happy or disappointed. The further she progresses here, the more mentally and physically drained she gets. I hope this doesnt continue over the next few weeks and leave her injured during the USO. Just like what happened to Petrova during FO 06. She should skip LA or Toronto in my opinion, but play New Haven.

Harju.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
Yay Sania :yippee: