PDA

View Full Version : A Serena video request, pls...

geri234
Aug 1st, 2007, 06:40 PM
I remember that serena has played some one-handed backhands in some tournament. is there any video on the web of her one-handed BH??

Venus+Serena#1fan
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:06 PM
She usually only hits the topspin one during warmup so If I were you I'd look for completed matches online and look at the warmup.

daniel122292
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM
She tried one against Justine at Wimbledon because of her thumb.

dreamgoddess099
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:44 PM
I don't think there is any video of her winning any points (certainly not hitting winners) with it though. I mean she can hit it, but in pressure situations, such as official matches, she's a lot more confident hitting her two-handed backhand.

BTW, since we're requesting, there was this neat trick Serena once did at the 2003 FO against Marie-Gaiane Mikaelian in the second round. Serena serves a fault and Marie hit's the ball back at Serena to serve with again, and Serena catches the ball out of the air with her racket, I mean it just stopped dead on her racket. It was so cool. Does anybody remember that? It would be a miracle if someone had a clip.

#1Davenport
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:12 PM
I don't think there is any video of her winning any points (certainly not hitting winners) with it though. I mean she can hit it, but in pressure situations, such as official matches, she's a lot more confident hitting her two-handed backhand.

BTW, since we're requesting, there was this neat trick Serena once did at the 2003 FO against Marie-Gaiane Mikaelian in the second round. Serena serves a fault and Marie hit's the ball back at Serena to serve with again, and Serena catches the ball out of the air with her racket, I mean it just stopped dead on her racket. It was so cool. Does anybody remember that? It would be a miracle if someone had a clip.

I remember Capriati did that once at the US Open and it was amazing! :hearts: