PDA

View Full Version : Remember this time in the...

t-player
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:32 PM
Championships...

Did any of you doubt Venus's ability to comeback?

How many thought Venus would lose this match?

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1503/veear7.jpg

Demska
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:36 PM
:yawn:

eck
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:37 PM
mmh ok.

SharapovaFan16
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM
how many of us actually care? and no i didn't expect her to lose. it's not uncommon to see a random girl take a set off of a seeded player. only to have the seeded player come back and win a tough 2nd, and obliterate in the 3rd.

Infiniti2001
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:45 PM
how many of us actually care? and no i didn't expect her to lose. it's not uncommon to see a random girl take a set off of a seeded player. only to have the seeded player come back and win a tough 2nd, and obliterate in the 3rd.

You obviously do, because here you are :lol:

Viktymise
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:46 PM

Well that didn't happen. I actually remember what people on the board were saying at this stage in the match, and most of them were not saying Venus would win and even if she did would be out in one of the next few rounds because she was playing horrendous, when actually Kudryavtseva was playing really really aggressive and had nothing to lose, and was the toughest opponent that any of the top seeds got.

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
I remember my heart being on a towel next to me and having to fan it from panting so hard :unsure:

darice
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:57 PM
:yawn:

i luv vee but yeah :yawn:

supergrunt
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:57 PM
It was looking pretty bleak :D

DefyingGravity
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah...I thought she was going to lose. I was here screaming at the TV and coaching her from my living room. I had a tournament, and I was playing scratchy that day as well, so me and Venus...we have a connection!

jamatthews
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:07 PM
No, before the match I thought Alla was a streaky player, and would make too many errors to win. I didn't see the match so I don't know if that's what happened.

As a hater I was far more hopeful when Morigami was serving for the match. :p I expected like last year, for Venus to try and hit through Morigami that game and not let her have any control, but she was surprisingly patient and safe.

Serval
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:23 PM
I was so glad when Venus beat that girl. The way she kept shouting "come on" after EVERY SINGLE BLOODY POINT (why not in Russian?) was incredibly annoying! :o

Thanx4nothin
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:20 PM
:zzz: :yawn:

kiwifan
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:39 PM
Williams Sisters lose first sets to "top 200 ranked" players all the time. :lol:

I don't like it, but since Venus won our class action suit, what can we do? :shrug: