PDA

View Full Version : Does Lindsay Lee-Waters deserve a US Open WC??

Lee-Waters
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:45 PM
What do you think? The mother of two has improved her year end rank from 613 to 382-does she deserve a WC?

Petkorazzi
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:52 PM
She deserves a MD WC, But if I were here, I'd ask for a QWC .. By winning a match, she would get 15 points and improve her ranking. I think she can beat some top230 but not top 110 :D

My vote goes to Qualie

Carsten
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:53 PM
for sure she deserves one for qualy :) but I also would love to see her play in MD :) but I don't know how well she's playing atm..

MLF
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:56 PM
No, I don't think her results merit one since she came back. She's been back playing almost a year now, so has had plenty of time to get that ranking higher than sub-300.

However, as I like her I'll have no objections if they do give her a wild card ;)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:56 PM
I love Lindsay, but in my opinion she should be getting a qualifying wild card, if that. She's only reached two 25K quarterfinals this year and has lost in the first round a TON. Not to menton she's gotten a ton of wild cards this year already.

However, it will be outrageous if she doesn't get a main draw wild card for the doubles. Her doubles form over the last three months has been outstanding (1 50K title, 3 50K finals, and a 25K final).

Tenis Srbija
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:09 PM
Yes, c'mon LLW :woohoo:

Lee-Waters
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:48 PM
She has been in poor form as of late- 4 consecutive first round losses- lost 7-6 6-2 to Melinda Czink (sp?)
But she has had no WC this year-she has used her protected rank of 120- i believe she should play the qualifying for L.A with that and try and get some points before the open ;D

darice
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:05 PM
i like linds esp being a fellow southern girl but i say no. :angel: