PDA

View Full Version : Nicknames of your favourite WTA players which you dislike / hate / disapprove???

ZeroSOFInfinity
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:52 AM
Kim Clijsters - Kimmy (sounds like "Give Me" or "Gimme") :tape:
Martina Hingis - Chucky (she's prettier than that doll of horror, and it's a HE, not SHE) :help:
Maria Sharapova - Big Masha (she's tall and slim, not BIG. Should have called her "Tall Masha" and Kirilenko as "Short Masha) :lol:

LudwigDvorak
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:54 AM
Juju. :tape: Especially when said in that exaggerated French accent "ALLEZ ZHOOZHOO!"

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:58 AM
Demented , because Elena is an intelligent girl and I think the nickname is offensive

mankind
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:01 AM
Well Little Masha does not make ANY sense... Masha is for Ma(ria) Sha(rapova). So calling Maria Kirilenko Little Masha is just :silly:
Makiri would make more sense... though I personally find both these nicknames really stupid :shrug:

No - "Masha" is "Maria" in Russian. It has nothing to do with her last name.

Bruno71
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:09 AM
I don't like "Jelly" for Jelena Jankovic...reminds me of this fat cat some friends of mine have.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:12 AM
Well Little Masha does not make ANY sense... Masha is for Ma(ria) Sha(rapova). So calling Maria Kirilenko Little Masha is just :silly:
Makiri would make more sense... though I personally find both these nicknames really stupid :shrug:

:rolleyes: :lol:
Masha is a dimunitive from Maria. It has nothing to do with Sharapova.

sammy01
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:13 AM
I don't like "Jelly" for Jelena Jankovic...reminds me of this fat cat some friends of mine have.

do you know me? that is sooooooooo spooky i have a cat (well 1 of 6) that is realy fat and is called jelly!

njnetswill
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:14 AM
Chokomomo?

Nasty - as some people called Myskina, Nastya with an A is much better.

Bruno71
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:16 AM
do you know me? that is sooooooooo spooky i have a cat (well 1 of 6) that is realy fat and is called jelly!

:lol: I don't think so...but it's probably not altogether rare a name for fat cats. My friends' cat's actually named "Jellyroll."

sammy01
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:19 AM
:lol: I don't think so...but it's probably not altogether rare a name for fat cats. My friends' cat's actually named "Jellyroll."

there was me thinking you were spying on me ;)

SV_Fan
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:21 AM
Masha reminds me of Mashed potatoes and makes me think that maria is fat so.......

Bruno71
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:23 AM
there was me thinking you were spying on me ;)

No, I wasn't...just ignore the webcam in the shoebox. I don't have a fetish for cats Brits at all.

sammy01
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:23 AM
ok this is not a common one but i have a friend and i tell him how anna chakvetadzes doing (i probably bore him but hey!) and because hes not into tennis and hes bad with names he calls her anna doo dah! it makes me laugh but it bugs me that after all this time he still cant pronounce her name lol!

LindsayRulz
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:24 AM
Juju. :tape: Especially when said in that exaggerated French accent "ALLEZ ZHOOZHOO!"

We don't prononce juju "Zhoozhoo" in french. :p

sammy01
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:24 AM
No, I wasn't...just ignore the webcam in the shoebox. I don't have a fetish for cats Brits at all.

hey if you wanted a piece of me you only had to ask ;)

Bruno71
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:34 AM
hey if you wanted a piece of me you only had to ask ;)

Yowzah you're easy! :haha:

sammy01
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:36 AM
Yowzah you're easy! :haha:

its been said before :lol: :tape: :help:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:42 AM

You think that's bad? In China, it's said as "ZhuZhu" (which in English means "Pig Pig") :haha:

schorsch
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:46 AM
why do all the nicknames tend to say someone's fat ? :help:

i dont like pova, shriekapova, screamapova, jelly, what else... hmm

Dan23
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:02 AM
I have never really liked 'Makiri' for Maria Kirilenko

Maybe because it seems it was formed because people thought Masha was Maria Sharapova...

Derek.
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:11 AM
I don't like when people call Daniela "Dani". :p

I think she has said herself she doesn't like that nickname.

I don't like Makiri for Kirilenko either.

égalité
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:12 AM
I have never really liked 'Makiri' for Maria Kirlilenko

Maybe because it seems it was formed because people thought Masha was Maria Sharapova...

*Cringe*

Yeah, Makiri is kind of annoying. And that general pattern of taking off a few syllables and adding an "i"...

Dani, Tati, Tsveti, Yari, etc.

Aaron.
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:16 AM
Chaky yo booty?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:21 AM
Chaky yo booty?

That nickname is :cool:

barmaid
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:29 AM
The "Chucky" nickname for Martina is old ..she no longer plays like a "killer doll" which was the reason reference was made...but time to put away childish things...earn a new nickname Martina....Murderous Marti-Mar:devil: :p :rolleyes: :worship:

barmaid:wavey:

Serval
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:58 AM
Absolutely loathe 'Makiri'.

And 'Danka'.

To be honest I dislike a lot of the cutesy names.

Paul.
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:36 AM
I dislike most of the nicknames people use on here.

I hate 'Danka' because it reminds me of German for 'thanks'
I don't mind 'Masha' but 'Makiri' just doesn't work..
'JuJu' is too cutesy for me. I don't mind momo though :p

I can't stand 'Tati' because it means potato where I come from :fiery:

One nickname I do like is 'lenaD' becuase it just seems to roll of your tongue :lol:

darice
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:38 AM
omg i hate it when they call serena "diva". i mean c'mon i know she's a diva but they don't have to call her that.

:hehehe:

supergrunt
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:40 AM
omg i hate it when they call serena "diva". i mean c'mon i know she's a diva but they don't have to call her that.

:hehehe:

:)

Demska
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:42 AM
Combinding surnames of players when they play doubles. Some are okay, but most are crap.

Paul.
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:44 AM
Oh and I don't like 'Nastya' because it has the word nasty in it :lol:

Max565
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:44 AM
Martina - Chucky... I think it's alright when it's said in the right context, it's cute. But when someone who hates Hingis says it, it's just plain offensive. :p :o

Slumpsova
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:04 PM
Sexy Lexy :weirdo:

Slumpsova
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:07 PM
Tania
Lucka
Momo
Anya
Aga
Agi

all of these are :o

Craigy
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:09 PM
'Reena' :weirdo:
Can't stand Makiri either.

lilimi
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:43 PM
makiri by far... reminds me "la vache qui rit" (the laughing cow)cheese. (i hate that cheese! :lol: )
must have been invented by people who thought masha was for MAria SHArapova...
and once i got a badrep from a sharapova fan for calling maria kirilenko masha :tape: :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:54 PM
Tania
Lucka
Momo
Anya
Aga
Agi

Tania, Anya, Nastya, Sveta, Lena/Alyona, Nadia, Masha are not nicknames. They all are dimunitives from Tatiana, Anna, Anastasia, Svetlana, Elena, Nadezhda, Maria respectively.

miffedmax
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:00 PM
Chokomomo?

Nasty - as some people called Myskina, Nastya with an A is much better.

I love Nastya, and I love her Nasty nickname because she drops all those f-bombs, yet at the same time she is so not nasty--i.e. everyone says she is one of the nicest girls on the tour. So it's a joke to me.

Nastenkya (or however you spell it) is the one I don't like--it sounds like she smells bad even though it's the genuine Russian diminutive (so I'm told) for Anastasia.

miffedmax
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:07 PM
Tania, Anya, Nastya, Sveta, Lena/Alyona, Nadia, Masha are not nicknames. They all are dimunitives from Tatiana, Anna, Anastasia, Svetlana, Elena, Nadezhda, Maria respectively.

With all due respect, Russian diminutives drive me crazy--so many of them make no sense whatsoever to nonRussian speakers, and most of them seem to be longer than the names the come from.

And there seem to be five or six for every name.

But I seem to keep following Russian players, so I guess I'll have to get used to it :lol:

darice
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:59 PM
what about moni for seles?

:vomit:

Slumpsova
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:01 PM
what about moni for seles?

:vomit:
there is no such nick name :o

darice
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:04 PM
there is no such nick name :o

i know it's not official (are any of the nicknames? :lol: ) but i've heard and seen ppl call her moni. don't like it all. :shrug:

V-MAC
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:08 PM
yeah Makiri has to be the worst of the lot :o

Dexter
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:11 PM
Tania
Lucka
Momo
Anya
Aga
Agi

all of these are :oTania, Lucka, Anya, Aga, Agi are well-known deminutives. :wavey:

Slumpsova
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:15 PM
Tania, Lucka, Anya, Aga, Agi are well-known deminutives. :wavey:
ok. then Momo sucks :help:

Dexter
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:16 PM
ok. then Momo sucks :help:Yes. ;)

Slumpsova
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:19 PM
Yes. ;)
and i'm not only talking about the nickname :devil:

youkoulélé
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:20 PM
I hate those who write "tathiana Golovin" instead of tatiana !!

!<blocparty>!
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:21 PM
Jelly.
Makiri. :weirdo:
Ree.
Vee.
Mommy Very. :weirdo:
Babygurl.
Kuzzie.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:22 PM
^ Oh yeah, they're not my favourite players.

Jirku
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM
I don't like when people call Daniela "Dani". :p

I think she has said herself she doesn't like that nickname.

I don't like Makiri for Kirilenko either.

yes she did in Auckland

i prefer Danka

Lunaris
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:30 PM
Tania
Lucka
Momo
Anya
Aga
Agi

Pronounce it Lutska. It's pretty common diminutive in czech. Actually nobody calls her Lucie unless they want to be formal.

Personally I can't stand "Dani" and many other crapy english or spanish shortenings. Dani Hantuchova... c'mon people that's just horrendous. :tape: :help: :o
And "Tati", in czech this is how you call your father. I can't even pronounce it. :help: