PDA

View Full Version : Anna C - objects in mirror are closer than they appear!

cosmoose
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:49 PM
well well, Anna C is climbing up fast and everyone is afraid their favorite will be surpassed! :rolleyes:

What to do? ..lets take cheap shots at Anna. :mad:

Come US Open, Anna is going to be kicking ass and taking names! :lol: http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/cup-006.gif

goldenlox
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:53 PM
Don't worry about it. They're digging up stats for a player who is rapidly improving. The old stats don't determine future results.

LeRoy.
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:56 PM
He is usually jealous of most younger players ranked above Na Li or those he thinks threaten her position in the top 20 (?)

goldenlox
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:01 PM
I had a great Sharapova stat. She had never gone beyond a QF above a Tier III. That was up until Wimbledon. Then she went several more months without getting past a QF above a Tier III, except for that Wimbledon.
But eventually, Sharapova started getting to a lot of semis and finals above Tier III.
Anna will create new stats for herself also.

*JR*
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:37 PM
So long as she stays away from the Career Conman, Anna will do fine.

Alexj
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:41 PM
Go Anna!!!!
__________________________________________________ ____________________

~Marion Bartoli~ Anna Chakvetadze~ Ana Ivanovic~ Jelena Jankovic~ Patty Schnyder~ Daniela Hantuchova~ Vera Zvonareva~ Dinara Safina~ Nadia Petrova~ Elena Dementieva~

Wintermute
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:06 PM
You know a player is really hitting the big time when the haters start ranting. :lol:

tenn_ace
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:29 AM
keep progressing, Anna! :bounce:

with the amount of hate for you on this board, you can pretty much say you have made it to the top of tennis :kiss:

AcesHigh
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:34 AM
She's a great player.. although I doubt fans of the elite players should be scared. Her ascendence does mean trouble for players like Hantuchova, Peer, and other secondtier players though.

*roddicksinme*
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:59 AM
congrats to her for a great start to the summer, hopefully she can keep it up

ctan88
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:21 AM
Who cares really ... I wouldnt worry about it too much. Anna is a quality player, and if she's winning matches and tourneys and rising up the rankings, so be it!

pav
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:41 AM
She has talent, looks. personality, improving game and got her plait caught in her racquet during a match, with all that she would have to have some knockers cranking up their starter motors. She is my second favourite player after Miss Calm :)

Kunal
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:20 AM
id like to see ´her do well actually

treufreund
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:32 AM
anna has great game and personality. to hell with the haters. they know nothing. anna rockz!!

Vlad Tepes
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Anna still has a long way to go until she can be considered right there with the very best. However, her results this past year have been great and it's been a real pleasure to see this nice, hard-working girl make her way up the rankings. Better stats are bound to come, she's still young and the haters should remember that not everyone makes it big at 16-17.

smokovec
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:47 AM
We wait for the next steps in Anna improvement and I hope this happens soon.

She starts to climb the rankings with win in Tier IV and III, then recently the first Tier II, and also plays a great week in Moscow for the title.

It's not a mistery that actually she has a bad record against the top player, but Anna is 20 Year old and also won 6 titles between Autumn 2006 and now.