PDA

View Full Version : Anna "Inferiority Complex" Chakvetadze Improved Her 1-20 Record v Slam Champs to 2-21

pierce0415
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:03 PM
and her only victory came against Myskina during her post-slam slump :tape:
sorry but this Anna Chakvetadze girl ain't nothing special ... she has a decent game but nothing spectacular ... she always looks like she is crying on the court and she has made her rise in the rankings due to defeating Jankovic & Petrova a couple of times during the past year and winning REALLY WEAK tournaments like Guangzhou, Hobart, Cincy and Stanford ... once you put another slam winner on the other side of the net, she folds like a cheap tent

USO 2004 - d Myskina 7-6(3) 6-3 :p
IW 2005 - l Clijsters 6-1 7-6(4)
Berlin 2005 - l Pierce 6-4 6-3
Istanbul 2005 - l V Williams 6-2 6-1
RG 2005 - l Sharapova 6-1 6-4
Eastbourne 2005 - l Kuznetsova 6-7(0) 6-1 6-2
Los Angeles 2005 - l Sharapova 4-6 6-4 7-5
New Haven 2005 - l Davenport 6-3 6-3
Miami 2006 - l Myskina 6-3 6-2
Warsaw 2006 - l Kuznetsova 6-1 6-1
Berlin 2006 - l Mauresmo 6-4 6-2
Wimbledon 2006 - l Henin 6-2 6-3
Montreal 2006 - l Hingis 6-3 3-1 ret.
Beijing 2006 - l Davenport 7-6(4) 3-6 7-5
Moscow 2006 - Sharapova WALKOVER :o
AO 2007 - l Sharapova 7-6(5) 7-5
Paris 2007 - l Mauresmo 7-6(5) 7-5
Antwerp 2007 - l Mauresmo 6-3 3-6 6-2
Miami 2007 - l Henin 6-2 6-3
RG 2007 - l Sharapova 6-3 6-4
Fed Cup 2007 - l V Williams 6-1 6-4
San Diego 2007 - d V Williams 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-2 :rolleyes: (Venus wastes MP)
San Diego 2007 -l Sharapova 36 26 :tape:

Demska
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:05 PM
Bombshell threads..:drool:

Dexter
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:05 PM
Oh my, HE IS BACK with brandnew bullshit threads! :hearts:

Craigy
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:06 PM
Amazing feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111ONE~
:weirdo:

Hashim.
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:07 PM
what a bombshell:hearts:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Awesome news, thanks :yeah:

pierce0415

this is not that type of thread
it is backed up by research and fact ;)

Thanx4nothin
She's only won three sets in the loses.

~Carsten~
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:09 PM
wow holy moly :eek: it's unbelievable, now I won't be able to sleep the next month, because of this bombshell! :(

pierce0415
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:10 PM
She's only won three sets in the loses.

:spit:
because her inferiority complex took over before the first ball was hit
she does not really have a chance at a slam title because in order to win a slam, usually have to go through 2-3 slam champs :dance:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:11 PM
Wait pierce, you've changed your sig. You hate Chakvetadze because of this stupid record? :tape:

Drake1980
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:12 PM
that is pretty harsh actually

ViennaCalling
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:14 PM
Piercy ... i missed you :kiss: :hug: :drool:

Lulu.
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:15 PM
:lol:

Tenis Srbija
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:16 PM

And when will you leave for some time :awww:

Lunaris
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:17 PM
Give her few years, Pierce, then talk.
btw. way to go to get banned permanently.

AnnaK_4ever
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:17 PM
BOMBSHELL!!!1111

Number of Grand Slam QFs reached by Anna Chakvetadze - 2
Number of Grand Slam QFs reached by all Chinese players - 1

Number of Tier I/II titles won by Anna Chakvetadze - 2
Number of Tier I/II finals reached by all Chinese players - 0

Number of Top-10 wins scored by Anna Chakvetadze - 10
Number of Top-10 wins scored by all Chinese players - 11

:eek:

Hashim.
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:19 PM
:haha:

pierce0415
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:19 PM
BOMBSHELL!!!1111

Number of Grand Slam QFs reached by Anna Chakvetadze - 2
Number of Grand Slam QFs reached by all Chinese players - 1

Number of Tier I/II titles won by Anna Chakvetadze - 2
Number of Tier I/II finals reached by all Chinese players - 0

Number of Top-10 wins scored by Anna Chakvetadze - 10
Number of Top-10 wins scored by all Chinese players - 11

:eek:

:lol: did you use my signature for this ???

goldenlox
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:21 PM
Anna is 9-2 h2h with Jankovic and Petrova, who have both been to multiple slam semis and reached #3

pierce0415
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:25 PM
it is much easier for players to get wins over top 10 players than GS champs

Anna C has multiple wins over Jankovic, Dementieva and Petrova but lost easily against Pierce, V Williams, Davenport even though they are not Top 10 at the time

AnnaK_4ever
:lol: did you use my signature for this ???

Your signature is not quite correct: Peng never met Top-10 Petrova :p ;)

sammy01
ok this is realy pissing me off chakvetadze is young and improving i like how you left out the fact that she won moscow that had a great field!

lets take dani h for example she is;
1-6 against serena
0-8 against venus
0-9 against clijsters
0-6 against davenport
0-5 against sharapova
0-1 against pierce
0-2 against myskina
in there head 2 heads yet shes top 10 and has been as high as number 5 and has only won 2 titles and lets face it IW is no miami it has a week field year after year!

yet people dont call her lucky or unworthy of her position so leave chakvetadze alone! also can you believe these h2hs as serena is the only player on tour with a winning head 2 head against all the top players does that automaticaly make her the best player and mean shes going to win every tournament no! oh and how many times has kuznetsova beaten a top 10 player in a slam? never outside of the us open 04 so does she deserve to have been number 3 this year?

pierce0415
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:32 PM
ok this is realy pissing me off chakvetadze is young and improving i like how you left out the fact that she won moscow that had a great field!

she received a GIFT from Sharapova in the QF in the form of a walkover ... otherwise, she probably wouldn't be Moscow Champ

hablo
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:32 PM
Bombshell threads..:drool:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:35 PM
she received a GIFT from Sharapova in the QF in the form of a walkover ... otherwise, she probably wouldn't be Moscow Champ

what has Na Li won :tape: :tape: and she's pensionable age in tennis terms

Reuchlin
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:36 PM

lets take dani h for example she is;
1-6 against serena
0-8 against venus
0-9 against clijsters
0-6 against davenport
0-5 against sharapova
0-1 against pierce
0-2 against myskina
in there head 2 heads yet shes top 10 and has been as high as number 5 and has only won 2 titles and lets face it IW is no miami it has a week field year after year!

yet people dont call her lucky or unworthy of her position so leave chakvetadze alone! also can you believe these h2hs as serena is the only player on tour with a winning head 2 head against all the top players does that automaticaly make her the best player and mean shes going to win every tournament no! oh and how many times has kuznetsova beaten a top 10 player in a slam? never outside of the us open 04 so does she deserve to have been number 3 this year?

Why did you leave out Hingis, Kuzi, Henin?-- and your h2h vs. Sharapova is wrong.

faboozadoo15
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:37 PM
I don't see why people are jumping all over the threadstarter (apart from post history).
1-20 is indeed very very very shitty. She just hasn't had what it takes when she's struck up against someone else who has broken through at some point in her career. For this reason, she'll never win a major. She's have to beat a few girls who actually believe in themself and have game to do so. Not happening.

NyCPsU
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:41 PM
Wait pierce, you've changed your sig. You hate Chakvetadze because of this stupid record? :tape:

i was never lucky enough to have him hate one of my favs :sad:

but now, finally, there will be multiple useless threads about anna :o :unsure:

goldenlox
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:41 PM
That's bull. Justine hasn't been beating Venus, but she wins more majiors than anyone else over the last 4 years.
You have to peak at the majors and play against players who aren't peaking.

Cp6uja
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:43 PM
After this 1-20 of Chaky or 1-37 of Dani, Ana's 8-17 vs. GS champions is not that bad :eak:. But Chaky must much improve in big matches. This stats is very bad for her if she realy want to reach TOP5 or SF at GS in next two years.

sammy01
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:46 PM
Why did you leave out Hingis, Kuzi, Henin?-- and your h2h vs. Sharapova is wrong.

i dont term hingis as a top player anymore i dont know why i forgot henin and kuzzie what is the h2h with these 2 btw (i think the kuzzie thing is because shes been quiet for a while!)!

goldenlox
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:47 PM
Anna was outside the top 30 and had never won any title less than a year ago. Her forward move is very recent. She won titles beating Jankovic and Petrova in finals. She beat Myskina and Dementieva.
She's getting better and better and she'll start beating these players. Zvonareva beats them and Anna can beat them also.

pierce0415
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:47 PM

Na Li was robbed of 2 years from the prime of her career when she "retired" :mad:

but while we are on this subject, Na has more wins over GS champs (3) than Chakvetadze (1)

Na beat Mary Pierce, Kim Clijsters and Sveta Kuznetsova :dance:

RJWCapriati
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:49 PM
Good stats!

sammy01
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:49 PM
btw i checked dani's h2h with sharapova its 1-5 but her sole win was a walkover something the thread starter is not including as chakvetadze has a walkover against sharapova!

felipe2004
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:54 PM
Well, Chakvetadze will beat some slam champs some day, I'm sure. But so far her record is indeed really bad.

iPatty
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:55 PM

don't have anything better to say? thought you were better than that, eggy.

i agree with pierce. anna probably won't win a slam in the near future because of her record against top players.

you can't win a slam without beating at least one top player.

goldenlox
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:57 PM
Her reults are recent. She won 6 titles since after last year's USO.
Jankovic has less than 6 in her career. Ivanovic has 3. Sveta has a USO and Miami, but only 8 titles. Anna is going to pass her soon.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:05 PM
Thing about Ana is that she is probably the most consistant player in tennis right now. By that I mean she consistantly beats the players she is expected to beat and loses to the players she is expected to lose to. However, as she improves, and her ranking gets better and better, there are fewer and fewer players she is expected to lose to. Eventually if she continues to make the progress she is making now there will come a point when she is actually expected to beat these Grand Slam winning players and that I suspect is the point when she will start beating such players. It won't happen instantly but I think it will happen.

Beny
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:10 PM
Yes&No

She's poor against the GS champs and TOP players in general..but her time is yet to come ;)

Keaka
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:11 PM
Gotta admit.

This is a BOMBSHELL for once

:D

jamatthews
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:15 PM
Sharapova was 0-8 against Grand Slam champions before she won Wimbledon.

faboozadoo15
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:21 PM
Sharapova was 0-8 against Grand Slam champions before she won Wimbledon.

Why's that surprising at all? 0-8 isn't 1-20.
Maria was also 17 and was playing only her second year on tour. Additionally, she was struck up against Myskina during the height of her Russian player dominance, and Maria even lost one to Seles in the first tournament she had ever played.

Slumpsova
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:23 PM
OMG i miss this kind of thread! :D

Cp6uja
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:23 PM
Her reults are recent. She won 6 titles since after last year's USO. Ivanovic has 3.
But dont forget that Ivanovic in whole career played only one WTA tier-IV or tier-V event and she use tier-III tournaments only for training to prepare herself before some big tournament - not like AnnaC to win (AnnaC won so far 4 tier-III and tier-IV). Ivanovic never reach SF of some tier-III (at tier-III she is 10-9, and at tier-I and GS togheter Ana have 71-25!!!). Ana is #5 and Anna is #6 right now, but how you compare in last 12 months Ana's slam final and SF, two tier-I wins (and one final) with Anna's two slam QF, one tier-I and tier-II wins??? Also Ana have more TOP10 wins than any player in 2007 (except Henin) and like we see in this thread AnnaC have big problems with big WTA names.

jamatthews
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:25 PM
Maria was also 17 and was playing only her second year on tour. Additionally, she was struck up against Myskina during the height of her Russian player dominance, and Maria even lost one to Seles in the first tournament she had ever played.

I never said it was surprising. Just because you haven't beaten people doesn't mean you won't in the future. Chakvetadze is a late developer so most of her losses aren't relevant much like Sharapova's loss to Seles.

faboozadoo15
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:26 PM
There's really no comparison, IMO, between Ivanovic and Chakvetadze.
Ivanovic shows up to win the big titles, and Chakvetadze shows up to reach the quarterfinals.

faboozadoo15
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:28 PM
I never said it was surprising. Just because you haven't beaten people doesn't mean you won't in the future. Chakvetadze is a late developer so most of her losses aren't relevant much like Sharapova's loss to Seles.

I see your point. But there's really been no sign of a turnaround for Anna yet. Sharapova hadn't been repeatedly denied in majors by stronger willed opponents.

saki
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:36 PM

Justine was a late developer too and she was 0-8 against Slam Champions at Anna's age before she broke through in the clay season of 2001. She also won low tier tournaments and fell to the top players at big tournaments. Things can turn around very quickly sometimes.

Obviously right now Anna is not beating the top players or winning the big events. If she's still not doing so this time next year, we can probably assume that she never will but, right now, she's 20, she's still got time to break through.

goldenlox
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:42 PM
What big titles does Ivanovic win. Berlin was a joke. Sveta had to beat Justine on the day of the final while Ivanovic didn't have to play a semi. Montreal was a joke too. Anna won a Tier I in her hometown. That's a big title. She beat Petrova Dementieva and Safina. Anna is 6-0 in finals. That sounds like a player who will win big matches in the future. 9-2 vs Jankovic and Petrova.

HenryMag.
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:44 PM
and her only victory was the 1st match vs. a slam champ....

Her record is bad, but the true is that Anna is the no.6 in the world with 4 titles this year...

And her record in finals is 6-0!!!!

eugreene2
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:44 PM
What's with all the fuss in this thread. No, this stat isn't a bombshell but it's very accurate. Let's allow Chaky to actually win a huge tourney beating some primtetime players before we annoint her. If she wins San Dieag (Acura) then she can be added to the discussion. As for now, the discussion only involves Justine, Serena, Sharapova, Jelena, Ivanovic, Venus, Kuznetsova and Mauresmo

Stingray
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:50 PM
What's with all the fuss in this thread. No, this stat isn't a bombshell but it's very accurate. Let's allow Chaky to actually win a huge tourney beating some primtetime players before we annoint her. If she wins San Dieag (Acura) then she can be added to the discussion. As for now, the discussion only involves Justine, Serena, Sharapova, Jelena, Ivanovic, Venus, Kuznetsova and Mauresmo

Aren't we still waiting for Ivanovic to do the same
Yes she won berlin but Chak won Moscow which is equally big. Yes she won Toronto but had a depleted field. Im not diminishing her accomplishments because u only beat the players that are there, but give chakvetadze her credit. She's number 6 in the world and has never lost a final.

Lunaris
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:51 PM
btw i checked dani's h2h with sharapova its 1-5 but her sole win was a walkover something the thread starter is not including as chakvetadze has a walkover against sharapova!
She beat Sharapova in Tokyo 2004, but whatever. :rolleyes:
Stupid thread anyway.

Cat's Pajamas
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:57 PM
Only a few of these matches were before Anna was even a top player :yawn:

eugreene2
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:05 PM
Aren't we still waiting for Ivanovic to do the same
Yes she won berlin but Chak won Moscow which is equally big. Yes she won Toronto but had a depleted field. Im not diminishing her accomplishments because u only beat the players that are there, but give chakvetadze her credit. She's number 6 in the world and has never lost a final.

No, Ana has also been to a slam final. I don't care how you twist it - a slam final is a slam final. That means she had to beat somebody to get there. Those 4 tourney wins by Anna this year were - let's just say "less than stellar". Ana also did very well - losing to Venus in the semis. Chakvetadze has game but I just don't think she's worthy of the discussion yet. If you think so, then let's make a bet on whether she gets to the US Open semis. I'm willing to wage that she DOESN'T.

Bruno71
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:06 PM
Before last summer, Anna had trouble beating players worse than she's beating now. Her improvement curve has been slower than a Sharapova or Ivanovic, but faster than a Jankovic or a Li (who has yet to win a major title of any kind and hasn't won one since 2005). I see more wins over former slam champions in the future for her.

woosey
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:08 PM
i agree with the thread starter.

she ain't that special. why isn't she playing at these two big tournaments with the big girls? coward.

goldenlox
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:20 PM
Anna is playing this week. And in Toronto.
If Ivanovic is in the discussion because of a slam final that she got buried in, then Bartoli should be in the discussion.
And any discussion that has Jankovic should have Anna. Anna has more titles than Jelena and a winning h2h, and neither has made a slam final.

Dexter
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:32 PM
Anna is playing this week. And in Toronto.
If Ivanovic is in the discussion because of a slam final that she got buried in, then Bartoli should be in the discussion.
And any discussion that has Jankovic should have Anna. Anna has more titles than Jelena and a winning h2h, and neither has made a slam final.
Ana is in the discussion because she reached a GS final AND won big titles AND has a good record vs top players, better than Anna.

Il Primo!
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:11 PM
Don't understand why you are so hardcore towards Piercy. His facts are straight.
Anna has proved nothing so far but consistency. I kind of like her though.

goldenlox
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:21 PM
She proved she could beat Jankovic in a final and everywhere else, and has more titles than Jelena.
If Jankovic is supposed to be a slam threat, then Anna should be also.

sammy01
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:26 PM
She beat Sharapova in Tokyo 2004, but whatever. :rolleyes:
Stupid thread anyway.

well thats not on the wta website so i do apologise for that!
and if its a stupid thread dont post or its a stupid comment!

Serge007
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:44 PM
Ana is in the discussion because she reached a GS final
And why Bartoli isn't in the discussion? :-)

sammy01
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:48 PM
And why Bartoli isn't in the discussion? :-)

because its not about cake :shrug: :tape:

Neptune
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:53 PM
IMO, she will always have problems with power players but she isn't that bad.She deserves to be in top 6 because she's very consistent.When she found a solution to beat a player, she can execute her plan.Currently, it's a strength in the circuit.

SeaUrchin
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:19 PM
Well at least she is better than Na "overrated" Li.

TFan1156
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:36 PM

It`s actually only 0-10 (excluding a retirement) over the last two seasons, Maria, Mo Mo, Justine, Lindsey, and one lose to Hingis. The loses from 2005 and earlier were fully expected as she was ranked in the 30s. Chaky is actually only coming of age this year and the possbilities of becoming a top 3 player and slam winner are real. Judging `04, `05, even `06 results against certain players doesn`t tell us a lot...

pwayne
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:38 AM
Can we say 0-20 since the beginning of 2005 against slam champions:help:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:08 AM
Great stats ;)

TFan1156
Aug 1st, 2007, 06:41 AM
Can we say 0-20 since the beginning of 2005 against slam champions:help:

Yep for sure, you need :help: counting.... While talking out of the buttocks, why not just make it 0-50....:lol: She is well short of 20 loses to "slam champions" from `05 to present. And loses while ranked in the 30s and below means little as most at that level don`t beat the Justines, Marias, and Lindseys.. But hey it`s summer, plenty of research and analysis from the kids, courtest of wtaworld...;)

jamatthews
Aug 1st, 2007, 06:43 AM
IMO, she will always have problems with power players

:spit:

tennisbear7
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:32 AM
Well, I like Chaky's game but I don't think it can stand up to the brute force of a Sharapova, Henin, Williams game...

Her serve can be attacked and she's shown that she can't really raise it on the big occasions. But she's only 20 and she's on the path to the top five, and that should tell you that she's a promising prospect, even if she isn't the hardest hitter on the planet.

Then again, is there room for another crafty player to win a slam? The top ten is dominated by players that absolutely blow others away from the court, except Anna and Momo... but then Momo has the athletic and net capabilities that Anna does not.

We'll wait and see, but unless Chaky can turn it around the slam champs then she's basically got 0 chance of winning a slam herself. But she might, who knows?

Kunal
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:19 AM
really not needed.....this inferiority complex phrase is misleading

cosmoose
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:36 AM
Well, I like Chaky's game but I don't think it can stand up to the brute force of a Sharapova, Henin, Williams game...

Her serve can be attacked and she's shown that she can't really raise it on the big occasions. But she's only 20 and she's on the path to the top five, and that should tell you that she's a promising prospect, even if she isn't the hardest hitter on the planet.

Then again, is there room for another crafty player to win a slam? The top ten is dominated by players that absolutely blow others away from the court, except Anna and Momo... but then Momo has the athletic and net capabilities that Anna does not.

We'll wait and see, but unless Chaky can turn it around the slam champs then she's basically got 0 chance of winning a slam herself. But she might, who knows?

you are saying no...yes...but no...maybe? :lol:

Elwin.
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:37 AM
because its not about cake :shrug: :tape:

:haha: :haha:

Brooks.
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:38 AM
im sick of the Chakvetadze hype...

so im glad this thread was started

Elwin.
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:45 AM
damn...

It's funny to see how all the chakvetadze fans are reacting to this thread :o
I don't understand why they are attacking piercey :hug:

Hello, it's a fucking FACT !!!!!!!!!!! So don't attack him.
Chakvetadze has a good game, but her service is bad. If she hits a 2nd serve, the chance is very high that a top 10, GS champ wins that point

:tape:

Ben.
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:47 AM
another one of piercey's overexaggerated threads :tape: classic :haha:

Ben.
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:49 AM
but gotta give credit to piercey, he certainly is spot on with these facts.

rockstar
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:02 AM
only in piercey's threads :hug:

CORIA01
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:53 AM
leave her in peace please

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:47 PM

Experimentee
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:48 PM
I agree with this thread. Although Anna C has been doing well lately, she has not really proven herself against the top elite players. I still dont consider her a threat against players like Williamses, Sharapova, and Henin.

cosmoose
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:51 PM
Q. Then, would you say you are suffering from an inferiority complex faced to Maria Sharapova?
ANNA CHAKVETADZE: Sorry?

Q. An inferiority complex, do you understand that?
ANNA CHAKVETADZE: Complex?

Q. Yes.
ANNA CHAKVETADZE: I don't have complexes, sorry.

mankind
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:20 PM
I agree with this thread. Although Anna C has been doing well lately, she has not really proven herself against the top elite players. I still dont consider her a threat against players like Williamses, Sharapova, and Henin.

But she's the kind of player who has the potential to sneak her way to a big title, like she did in Moscow last year. I wouldn't be surprised if she takes another big title this year, she'll probably win the USOS as well just by being consistent.

tennisbear7
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:27 PM
I don't think consistency can win you slams. Henin, V and S Williams hit heavier, faster balls than Anna, and Venus is not the most consistent player on tour, but her success at Wimbledon shows that if you can raise it on the big points at the big tournies, you're a real threat.

Give Anna some time people.

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 4th, 2007, 05:46 AM
there you go.

[/jinx]

UDACHi
Aug 4th, 2007, 05:48 AM
davai.

venus_rulez
Aug 4th, 2007, 05:50 AM
LOL ok ok have your fun. She hung in there and deserves this win, but let's wait for her to have a big win like this at a slam before we proclaim her the second coming.

gumoll
Aug 4th, 2007, 07:38 PM
2-20 :banana:

LindsayRulz
Aug 4th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Let's hope it'll be 3-20 after her match today :)

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 4th, 2007, 09:52 PM
LOL ok ok have your fun. She hung in there and deserves this win, but let's wait for her to have a big win like this at a slam before we proclaim her the second coming.

I certainly don't think she is the 2nd coming but yes she looks like a Grand Slam contender to me and I would be surprised if she doesn't win at least one or two such trophies in her career.

Bruno71
Aug 4th, 2007, 10:26 PM
I would've liked to see how Anna would've done against Maria if they'd played last night. Not saying she'd have won but it would've looked much better than that fiasco that just finished. Anna should be proud of how she's improved.

faboozadoo15
Aug 6th, 2007, 04:24 AM
2-21

Maybe she'll get lucky and play Lindsay in her comeback.

No Name Face
Aug 6th, 2007, 04:30 AM
she'll get there, her game obviously takes more time and fine tuning than say...sharapova. i honestly don't think she'll get to number 1, but she will soon take out the big names. she's got too good a game not to.

Sam L
Aug 6th, 2007, 04:56 AM
Anna "IC" Chakvetadze. :D