PDA

View Full Version : Sesil still training and hopes to play at......

tennisbuddy12
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:16 PM
the Aussie Open. I messaged her and talked about the maria quote at IW in 2004. Heres the reply:

hey joey.
Well i havent stoped playing so i belive i will be back for the aussi open 2008.I miss tournaments alote so i cant wait to start again.The sharapova thing was so long ago and i was only a 14 year old crazy kid :)
All the best wishes to you too
sesil

Tennis-Chick
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:17 PM
Sesil!! :eek:
Can't wait til she back!!
Will she get a WC for AO??

A'DAM
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:20 PM
Well I dont think she will get a WC (I dont think she shall get one)

oceandrive
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:21 PM
what is her ranking now?

tenn_ace
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:25 PM
I don't think she's ranked

Viktymise
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:26 PM
Go Sesil :D

tenn_ace
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:26 PM
I'd be very surprised if she gets one. There will be a lot of mad players if she does get one. Maybe she can play some pre-quali tournament and sneak into the quali and then main draw that way?

ce
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:28 PM
if she gets a wild card i will stop watching tennis

Freakan
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:32 PM
She'll win in Hobart, Gold Coast or wherever she plays, so they'll have to give her at least WC into qualies :D

starin
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:39 PM
she doesn't deserve any wild cards. She has to work her way back the same way Canas did.

ASP0315
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:41 PM
she doesn't deserve any wild cards. She has to work her way back the same way Canas did.

agreed.

tenn_ace
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:43 PM

didn't HE get wc's into mm tournaments in South America?

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:44 PM
I think it is probably in her best interest after two years out and with the attention her return will produce if she begins at the very bottom and works her way back up from qualifying at challengers. 1) She will recieve less criticism this way and 2) Not having played competitively for 2 years it is always better to build one's confidence up at the lowest level and then work one's way up. Jumping in at the deep end is a bad idea and will put her under the worst kind of pressure.

oceandrive
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:50 PM
I am skeptical about this girl ever changing her spots,she will always be mouthy and seek attention anyway she can.She should start in challangers and Australian Open should not give her wc .

Brooks.
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:53 PM
will she be as successful without the drugs?

LindsayRulz
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:55 PM
Let's hope she'll comeback at AO next year! :)

Hashim.
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:59 PM
good:)

AnnaK_4ever
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:02 PM
It'll be a disgrace for the sport if she gets wild cards.

Infiniti2001
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:32 PM
any pics of her tike? S/he should be running around and yapping away now ?:p

darice
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:39 PM
the Aussie Open. I messaged her and talked about the maria quote at IW in 2004. Heres the reply:

hey joey.
Well i havent stoped playing so i belive i will be back for the aussi open 2008.I miss tournaments alote so i cant wait to start again.The sharapova thing was so long ago and i was only a 14 year old crazy kid :)
All the best wishes to you too
sesil

ses is so cute! :D can't wait til she's back. :bounce:

Louis Cyphre
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:42 PM
Aide :woohoo:

if she gets a wild card i will stop watching tennis

who cares :shrug:

LindsayRulz
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:46 PM
How is the baby?

Thanx4nothin
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:50 PM

Yes, I agree.;)

ASP0315
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:16 PM
didn't HE get wc's into mm tournaments in South America?

Those were challengers. He didn't any WC's at ATP tour events. (he tried to resquet a wild card at BCR open but was turned down.)

Cp6uja
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:19 PM
Karatantcheva deserve 2nd chance!

Sesil have only 15 when she positive at RG. Of course that decision to use doping is not from her (her coach is her pather). At same RG 2005 tournament professional tennis cheater Mariano Puerta is punished for 8 years - but his suspension is reduced after appeal and hi already play but nobody in WTA dont have mercy for 15 old kid!? If her comeback will not be successful that will be shame for WTA organization to wasted talents like Sesil (she is most talented girl in that ages after Vaidisova). One year suspension is enough for her crime (why not life-time ban for her pather who is obviously cheater, not litle Sesil - instead TWO years for kid). She deserve to be 4X less in suspension than Puerta (who is baned 2003, and in 2005 - both times in adult ages, not like some 15 y.o. boy) - but now Puerta playing and litle Sesil still not :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: .

njnetswill
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:22 PM
Although Sesil must take responsibility for her drug use, I have to agree that the whole thing is probably more related to the people around her. I don't see her walking up to her dad or coach at 15 and saying "I want to dope!". Yes yes, high school athletes do that, but in Sesil's case in just doesn't seem likely that she would come up with it on her own.

I want to see her come back at the challenger level, I don't think she can win matches against top 100 players right off the bat.

cellophane
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:26 PM
Sesilator :woohoo:

Wolverines08
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM
If she has gotten her serve better, she can be top 15 within a 10 months.Her movement was excellent, her backhand was awesome, her forehand could use some work.

sfselesfan
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:29 PM
I hope she gets some wildcards so Venus can kick her a$$ now that she's sober. Otherwise, I don't think Sesil has a future.

SF

*JR*
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:29 PM
It'll be a disgrace for the sport if she gets wild cards.
It was a disgrace for the sport that after going 25-23 in 2002 (with ??? singles titles) "AnnaK" got Gold Exempt status for 2003. (And might have "4ever" if she kept playing).

Natash.
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:34 PM
Good luck, Sesil. :hug:

Just Do It
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:49 PM
What was Sesil's career high ?

sfselesfan
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:50 PM
It was a disgrace for the sport that after going 25-23 in 2002 (with ??? singles titles) "AnnaK" got Gold Exempt status for 2003. (And might have "4ever" if she kept playing).

It's all about the $$$$...

SF

-sugi-
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:17 PM
thanks ;)
How did you message her?

tennisbuddy12
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:24 PM
thanks ;)
How did you message her?

myspace :)

AnnaK_4ever
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:29 PM

:yeah:
And the Gold Exempt status helped her a lot in winning matches! Cos like everyone knows being the Exepmt player ehances your results.

P.S.
You are the most pitiful poster on WTAWorld.

PLP
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:57 PM
Well, IMHO she has served her time and shouldn't be continually punished when she makes her comeback next year...I think she will get at least a QW into the Aussie but we will have to wait and see. Even if she works her way back through challengers she will be at least top 100 by the end of next year. I miss Sesil and hope she comes back with success. :)

Philip
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:23 PM
I hope she gets one. It would be hella interesting!

schorsch
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:49 PM
could anyone tell me what that sharapova thing was ?

*JR*
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:02 PM
could anyone tell me what that sharapova thing was ?
Sesil supposedly thought that Masha ducked playing her @ Bollettieri. So she said B4 they played @ IW in her then imperfect English: "I'm gonna kick her in the ass". (Sesil did take a set off Masha, who's a couple of years older).

Bulgaria
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:14 PM
I expect her return from the moment she was banned. It was more then unfair. She got positive dope test at RG. They've announeced it in the end of 2005 and she got banned from the beggining of 2006. That was on purpose. I remember that Puerta and Canas were banned for years and then this years becomed months because there federation is bigger and powerfull then the bulgarian one. Something else there suspention began from the date they got positive dope test. But not Sesil she got her suspention 7 months later. She should of play now. I expect her a lot and i just wish she makes a BOOM in her return. C'mon girl. Keep on training and show what is your talent capable to do.

Slumpsova
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:22 PM
Sesil :hearts:
but honey you aren't gonna play AO b/c i'm sure there is no SR rule for a doping athlete :o :sad:

lilimi
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM
Well I dont think she will get a WC (I dont think she shall get one)

i agree she shouldn't get one. i liked her a lot, i think she had a good game and a good personality. but i was and still am very disappointed by her doping. i think that's totally useless in tennis. IMHO, even with all the drugs you still can lose a match against a clean player.

mankind
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:47 PM
Well she's an interesting character, if nothing else.

saki
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM
She'll get some WCs. Maybe not big ones but low tier tournaments are going to realise that people will come to see her out of curiosity if nothing else. She'll sell more tickets than a lot of other players.

She was so young when she was banned. IMO, she deserves a second chance.

Lennval
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM
come on Sesil!!!! We all make errors in our life

hwanmig
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:03 PM
Go Sesil, would really love to see you in the clay season beating the 99 clay hacks in the top 100.

Rachel_
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:08 PM
Karatantcheva deserve 2nd chance!

Sesil have only 15 when she positive at RG. Of course that decision to use doping is not from her (her coach is her pather). At same RG 2005 tournament professional tennis cheater Mariano Puerta is punished for 8 years - but his suspension is reduced after appeal and hi already play but nobody in WTA dont have mercy for 15 old kid!? If her comeback will not be successful that will be shame for WTA organization to wasted talents like Sesil (she is most talented girl in that ages after Vaidisova). One year suspension is enough for her crime (why not life-time ban for her pather who is obviously cheater, not litle Sesil - instead TWO years for kid). She deserve to be 4X less in suspension than Puerta (who is baned 2003, and in 2005 - both times in adult ages, not like some 15 y.o. boy) - but now Puerta playing and litle Sesil still not :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: .

I agree

Petkorazzi
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:11 PM
tennisbudy12, how do you know the numbers of so many players? :rolleyes: Vandewege, Karatantcheva and other americans

mankind
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:12 PM
come on Sesil!!!! We all make errors in our life

Yeah, we've all taken performance-enhancing drugs at least once in our lives...
:p

*JR*
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah, we've all taken performance-enhancing drugs at least once in our lives...
:p
Even in the West there've been cases of adulterated supplements, and I'm sure that regulation was more lax in BUL, @ least until it joined the EU this year. I suspect that was the source of the nandrolone, and wonder why you and some others here seem so sure that it was deliberate doping.
:confused:

BTW, arguing what I just did wouldn't have gotten her off the hook or reduced her penalty, whereas pregnancy would have, B4 anyone asks "Well why didn't she claim that the test result was because of adulterated supplements?" (The WADA Code makes no exception for that, and the ITF follows it to the letter).