PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know why ALG is skipping the hard court season altogether?

tenn_ace
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:50 PM
Is it because she wants to stay away from the psycho and build her confidence back? I mean, she probably knows what she's doing, but sooner or later she will have to confront him. Obviously, he :wierdo: is not forgetting ot forgiving... :help:

Poova
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Because her ranking is not even top 100 so she's playing lower events where she can get in directly I guess. :shrug:

saki
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:55 PM
I'm sure the fact that Meghann is playing the US season has influenced her but, even if it weren't for that, she's in too much of a slump to be playing Tier 1 and 2 tournaments, she's better off playing the low tiers. Even the odd 100K or 50K challenger might not be such a bad idea.

It's a good decision regardless of the personal stuff.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:00 PM
Stockholm is on hard ;) :wavey:

tenn_ace
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:04 PM
Stockholm is on hard ;) :wavey:

yeah, I meant in the US. She is not even going to the Open, right?

tenn_ace
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:05 PM
I'm sure the fact that Meghann is playing the US season has influenced her but, even if it weren't for that, she's in too much of a slump to be playing Tier 1 and 2 tournaments, she's better off playing the low tiers. Even the odd 100K or 50K challenger might not be such a bad idea.

It's a good decision regardless of the personal stuff.

But she can play a US Open quali, play Bronx, other big challengers in the US.

Viktymise
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:06 PM
If she had played the USO hard court series, she'd be losing in qualys, this way, she gets more wins, builds her confidence up again.

ChrisCologne
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:34 PM
I think she would be a fool to not play a Grand Slam, even in qualies. If so, she might be keen on doing some damage on Asian hardcourts or indoors. Either way, her fate for the 2008 might be a nice one as she has nothing to defend and rebuild a promising career.

saki
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:38 PM
But she can play a US Open quali, play Bronx, other big challengers in the US.

Is she definitely not playing USO qualies? I assumed that, like Aga and AMG and other players playing these European tournaments, that she'd head over to the US eventually.

You also have to remember that she's European and based there - it's a lot more convenient for her to stay in Europe where possible, she can see her family and friends, maybe even fly back to Germany between tournaments.

tenn_ace
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:40 PM
Is she definitely not playing USO qualies? I assumed that, like Aga and AMG and other players playing these European tournaments, that she'd head over to the US eventually.

You also have to remember that she's European and based there - it's a lot more convenient for her to stay in Europe where possible, she can see her family and friends, maybe even fly back to Germany between tournaments.

I'm pretty sure she is not on an entry list for US Open

~Carsten~
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure she is not on an entry list for US Open

you're right! ;) she isn't on the entry list!

Rocketta
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:46 PM
Maybe she's taking this time to get back in tennis playing shape? :shrug:

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:49 PM
For ALG, she needs to focus on her game, not on the US Open.
A realistic goal for her would be trying to get back into the top 50 by the end of the Australian Open.
I think she can do it but it means going back to basics which for her means playing on slower surfaces to get her groundstrokes consistent as they can be and building confidence.

I think playing in Europe and Asia for the rest of the year might be the best for her.
I think too much traveling for her could get her back in a spiral.

*JR*
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:35 PM
Maybe Hoffy will be her next coach. :scared: