PDA

View Full Version : One or two handed backhand

Berlin_Calling
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:38 AM
Which one do u use?? Which backhand do you like better??
I use a two hander, but I have tryed switching to a one hander many times. Hitting a one hander like Guga or Justine is not easy..better yet, ITS IMPOSSIBLE!! and I dont have the patience to perfect it. My two hander is pretty decent though. As u would have probably guessed by now, I like the one hander better, because it is something special these days and it is cool to watch. It more amazing to have a good one hander than than a two hander because the one handed shot is very beautiful. For example, everybody talks about Justine's one hander being the best backhand in tennis but no one really talks about Lindsay's backhand because it is a two hander. Anyway......

selesrules
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:40 AM
I use a 2 handed backhand, but I can also slice the ball with one hand very well, it depends on the situation. But I feel that the 2 handed backhand has much more control.

▀coene
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:45 AM
I have a two-handed backhand, altough my backhand isn't really consistent it's not a bad backhand. I always play agressive. I make too many mistakes but I can hit winners too. I sometimes hit with one hand because I'm jealous at the people who have one handed backhand. I can also hit winners with one hand but my one-handed backhand is much more inconsistent than my two-handed so I will keep playing with two hands.
I'm sure I will keep playing one-hand about 5% I think but mostly two hands.

▀coene
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:45 AM
I forgot to say I use one hand to slice.

Monica@53
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:17 AM
I hit with a two hander but I much prefer the one hander. I think I could've had a much better one hander than a two hander but I was too impatient to learn the mechanics of the one hander. I hit the one hander more cleanly and free flowingly but it is very inconsistent and without control. The other reason I changed was because I didn't have the strength in my arm at the time to develop the power on the shot. As it is, I'll stick with the two hander and develop a one handed slice.

Come-on-kim
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:40 AM
I use a two-handed backhand, but a one-handed for the slices and the drop-shots. 2-handed for the volleys.

I prefer to see a 2-handed backhand than a one-handed backhand

SerenasMelons
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:45 AM
I use a two hander. I used to be a 1 hander, but I switched because the 2 hands felt more natural to me, and I could get more power. I'm trying to work on my 1-handed slice, but the ball always goes really high in the air, then bounces low. Does anyone know how to fix this?

In general, I like the 2 hander better for myself. Its easy to block really hard serves back. One problem on my backhand is that I hit is so flat, with little spin, so I make a lot of errors, but if I get it in, it is a very offensive shot. I like to watch the 1 handed backhand, like Justine, though.