PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Wozniacki blogs from Stockholm !

Elwin.
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:15 AM
Monday, July 30, 2007

Welcome to my blog!

It's great to be in Stockholm - it feels like I'm home in Copenhagen. Everyone is taking such good care of me here and they're all so nice. I've been here a few times before but too much. Denmark had some friendly matches against Sweden and I came to those. I'm really happy to also be part of the Nordea Tennis Team with Sofia Arvidsson and Emma Laine, and we get to practice a lot which is great for me. I just feel so comfortable here. It's great to be here.

We came here last Friday night. It's actually a pretty short trip - 45 minutes by plane then a 20-minute drive to get into the city, then someone picked us up and from there it was four minutes. It's cool because it's pretty easy to go back home if you really want to. So far it has been mainly practicing and relaxing since coming here, some practice matches as well for getting used to the courts... but also a bit of relaxing in the hotel, seeing friends and we also went into the city to do some shopping, for clothes of course... a fun stay so far!

I'm really proud to have this event in Stockholm. It's nice to have the tournament here, to promote tennis in Scandinavia. Sweden has been a big tennis country; lots of people began to play when people like Borg and Wilander were at the top and so the Swedish started giving more attention to the sport. In Denmark we had some players like Carlsen, and now Pless, and I think it's just a matter of time to have one really good player. Denmark is a small country, but we're trying to do our best to get some good sportspeople. I was born and raised here and it's great. The weather can be hot, cold, rainy or snowy, but I don't mind, it's nice. And it has charm. There are only five million people in Denmark. It's important for me to represent them as best I can - and I'm doing my best.

I'm proud of what I've achieved so far in my career. Obviously Wimbledon in the juniors is a highlight for me, but every single one of my breakthroughs has been special. Memphis was the first time I made the quarterfinals on the Tour, and I played really there so I won't forget that. The quarterfinals here in Stockholm last year was also great, because it's like a home crowd. More than anything though, I really remember when I play my best. I don't get to play every week because of age eligibility rules so I think it's important to practice and get my technique subtle. If I work hard and play well the ranking will come.

I have some high goals. I want to be one of the best in the world. If I make it then maybe I can get some other Danish players playing tennis. Hopefully I'll be a good role model for some of our future stars!

Well I have both singles and doubles tomorrow, so it's going to be a busy day... but I'll be talking to you all afterwards.

Good night!

Caroline

Craigy
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:20 AM
Nice read. :)

mankind
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:26 AM
Caro! :kiss: