PDA

View Full Version : Ugly ducky to swan and vice versa

alexia1huff
Jul 31st, 2007, 12:39 AM
The following contents is only for neutral people or who will not make some stupid comments.

Looking at masha 5-6 years ago, she wasn't too pretty she was very thin and not very pretty, then 2-3 years ago she really looked beautiful, her body looked great and she looked flawless, even her shoulders didn't seem that broad. But lately she seems to be looking worse to me, some of the photos of her face are just ugly, strange skin colour, wrinkles, her body is looking worse, maybe cause many of the on court clothes are not flattering, pretty but her makes shoulders look broader, her ass and legs look massive (if that's possible), the simpler clothes very so much better. Maybe cause she grew up, but i don't know.

Looking at kournikova it's a similar story she wasn't too cute at 14, then she had a period where she was really beautiful, cute, even stunning, the less make-up the better and now at wtt photos she looked ugly, really thin, not healthy. Just her face got really strange.

Looking at dementieva she seems to stay exactly the same the last 5 years...

And hantuchova... she seems to be getting prettier, before her body was just a skeleton, struggle with weight and now she has a very glowing skin, shiny hair, delicate, feminine and not too crazy.

It feels strange but when making this i noticed that when the players have more publicity around them they "are" prettier, could we humans be that manipulated by the media?!!! or by who is inform (standing out of the bunch)

PLEASE I DON'T want to hear haters, obssessively devoted fans etc. be a bit more philosophic.

That's just what I observed, any other players?

oceandrive
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:02 AM
She is obviously getting older and the hormones are kicking in thats why she has wider hips and breakouts on her face.The best years of any woman is between 15yrs and 20yrs from there its a freefall,the skin starts to lose moisture and everything starts sagging.Its obvious she is not fresh faced like Ana anymore and relies on too much makeup to cover up the zits.

heytennis
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:05 AM
People's looks change. I still think all the players you mentioned are very pretty.

nikita771
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:05 AM
She is obviously getting older and the hormones are kicking in thats why she has wider hips and breakouts on her face.The best years of any woman is between 15yrs and 20yrs from there its a freefall,the skin starts to lose moisture and everything starts sagging.Its obvious she is not fresh faced like Ana anymore and relies on too much makeup to cover up the zits.

15-20? Are you really serious? You think that after 20, a woman's look starts to go downhill? You must live in a country full of ugly women, because many of the women that I see on a daily basis are over 20 and gorgeous. I know women in their 40's that I consider beautiful. Weird comment.:confused:

nikita771
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:08 AM
Hantuchova is looking better these days because she is healthier. She's eating better and taking care of herself better. She's still thin. I noticed that while watching her play this past weekend, but she's no longer looks like a strong wind would knock her over.

heytennis
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:13 AM
15-20? Are you really serious? You think that after 20, a woman's look starts to go downhill? You must live in a country full of ugly women, because many of the women that I see on a daily basis are over 20 and gorgeous. I know women in their 40's that I consider beautiful. Weird comment.:confused:

I agree. Some women get better looking with age.

Goai
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:15 AM
A lot of them start out looking fresh, but become ravaged quickly due to playing tennis in the sun a lot.

bridgepea
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:51 AM
I have to agree with the original poster. I saw Anna on WTT the other day and I could nto believe that this is the girl that people wrote songs about

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:21 AM
well depends on how you treat the skin....if you treat it right then it looks really really good no matter the age but treat it badly then you're gonna look older and unhealthier than you are

SV_Fan
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:50 AM
Williams Sisters, Martina Hingis, Davenport and Maybe Mauresmo.

sfselesfan
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:44 AM

OMG! 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1...okay...just realize...once he reaches puberty the women over 20 will start looking better. Or the men...depending.

(Ripping on older women is not going to score you a lot of sympathy. As a guy, even I find that offensive)

SF

delicatecutter
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:53 AM
I have to agree with the original poster. I saw Anna on WTT the other day and I could nto believe that this is the girl that people wrote songs about

You ain't kiddin. She looked like Skeletor. But I noticed that she wasn't as nearly as pretty as she used to be a couple years back when she was a correspondent for USA Network during the US Open for a few days lol.

And Dani is looking almost thicky thick these days! Maybe it's just the skin-tight number she was wearing the other night (I wasn't a fan of it), but I think I saw a booty! :eek:

tennis_pIayer
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:53 AM
sharapova is A LOT oLDER than her stated age.

delicatecutter
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:55 AM

:lol:

But seriously, some of these girls are like the Romanian gymnasts, only in reverse. I would love to take a gander at the birth certificates of Golovin and Vaidisova. Sometimes Nicole doesn't look a day under 35.

alexia1huff
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:36 AM
hahaha, from 3 years that i've been following nicole she looks the same, the old same, she never looked like 14,15, i need to see her photos of 8-9 cause did she ever look like a girl?

Serena and Venus look more feminine these days, they looked rather manly with the braides.

Ivanovic seems to have grown a bit bigger in the last 3 years, her legs are a powerhouse, in comparison you could see a change in jankovic at the begin of the year, she was in great shape, her legs and arms where toned down.

It's strange what you say that at 15-20 girls/women are at their best, between these ages there is a freefall with your body going out of control, it's hard to keep the strength, because you have fat that grows and women are not very strong by nature. Your face is a disaster in maaaany cases, but tennis players tend to keep the zits actually... maybe cause of over training or some substances.

Williams Sisters, Martina Hingis, Davenport and Maybe Mauresmo

hahaha well 1 and 2 i can agree, but davenport or mauresmo never really became swans.... but yeah they look better, Momo at 13 OMG

goldlion
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:49 AM
Well Maria's still the hottest girl on tour.

She's got good a figure and pretty look, which will keep her on the spot on court and off courts in the following years.

Her achievement is far better and greater than Ana, Daniela and Elena.

Ana just sucks in tennis, even though she claims she 'is' still a tennis player.

Max565
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:01 AM
I saw Maria in person at Wimbledon this year... and she was gorgeous. I never really thought she looked 'beautiful' on TV or pics. I could see a lot of flaws in her looks and Anna Kournikova always looked better in her heyday. However, she is drop-dead-gorgeous in real-life. Absolutely stunning. :D

ivanban
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:01 AM
OMG, I wanna suck like Ana and get to RG final and Wimby semi :cuckoo: :rolleyes:

mankind
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:05 AM
Ana just sucks in tennis, even though she claims she 'is' still a tennis player.

I'm assuming you mean "Anna". Let's get our spelling of that one right so as to avoid this kind of confusion:

OMG, I wanna suck like Ana and get to RG final and Wimby semi :cuckoo: :rolleyes:

ivanban
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:34 AM
I'm assuming you mean "Anna". Let's get our spelling of that one right so as to avoid this kind of confusion:

First of all he/she wrote "Ana", and second thing is that he/she wrote "Ana sucks in tennis" and not "Ana sucked in tennis", so..... :wavey: :angel:

adam_ads_n
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:37 AM
Actually I think Justine starts looking like a classy woman. I remember her some years ago, and now...I see the difference. She looks really pretty in make up and nice clothes.

oceandrive
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:37 AM
I agree some people when they are younger can look ugly but get better with age . Amelie has improved a lot she looks more feminine now than when she was younger.Anna Kounikova looked so beautiful when she was younger but now she looks aged and wears a lot of make up .If she stands next to Ana or Amelie who will look fresh faced?

baleineau
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:53 AM
Yes, Maria has certainly improved with time, as this photo shows......

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1344/mariauglyprettyml3.jpg

Jogi
Jul 31st, 2007, 12:03 PM
OMG lol :lol:

Steffi defenitely looks better now than as an active player

mankind
Jul 31st, 2007, 12:38 PM
First of all he/she wrote "Ana", and second thing is that he/she wrote "Ana sucks in tennis" and not "Ana sucked in tennis", so..... :wavey: :angel:

I just assumed the poster was talking about Kournikova as s/he said "Anna" claims she is still a tennis player, that is, not retired and that she can still compete, claims which Anna K. has made. There is no doubt that Ana I. is a tennis player :lol

Serval
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:31 PM
I think Anna K still looks good! :angel:

But at her best, from about 17-21, she was an absolute goddess, the very epitome of athletic and aesthetic perfection. :hearts: No-one else comes close. :worship:

Volcana
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:25 PM
It feels strange but when making this i noticed that when the players have more publicity around them they "are" prettier, could we humans be that manipulated by the media?THe answer is 'yes, of course'.

When players receive more publicity, what it really means is we're seeing more of them in artificial settings. Perfect makeup, hair, clothes and demographic targeting. Hantuchova, Sharapova et al didn't get prettier, they were simply publicized more, their images manipulated by the media more.

Jamie Lee Curtis did a wonderful magazine loyout a few years back where she showed exactly what-all went into making a movie star look beautiful. And there was a lot of it. Yet we call people 'beautiful' after half a dozen people spend a couple of hours changing their appearance! How much sense does that make?

Nicole Vaidisova is a perfectly ordinary looking teenager. In her watch commercial, she's flawless and beautiful out-of-the-ordinary. But isn't the 'ordinary looking' teenager the real person?

Back before I settled down, I had my own measure of beauty. What counted was how you looked when you woke up. Some (few) people wake up gorgeous. The rest of us don't. have to make an effort, and the results are often less than stellar.

V-MAC
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:02 PM
I think Jelena Dokic is the ultimate "ugly ducky to swan" story. She was really quite the geeky teen for a while when she first burst onto the scene but then she blossomed into the hottest player on tour :eek: :drool:

miffedmax
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:04 PM

My initial reaction was that this post was written by somebody fairly young. I grew up near a university and I remember thinking some of those college and grad student looked so "old" and thinking they weren't nearly as attractive as the girls I knew during my jr. high and early high school years.

I don't mean to be baised against youth, but the fact is that boys tend to like girls, and men tend to like women.

miffedmax
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:09 PM
THe answer is 'yes, of course'.

Back before I settled down, I had my own measure of beauty. What counted was how you looked when you woke up. Some (few) people wake up gorgeous. The rest of us don't. have to make an effort, and the results are often less than stellar.

Hey, Lena D., Nastya, Masha and a whole bunch of others make look like hammered dog shit when they wake up--but its a hit I'd be more than willing to take :lol: :devil:

DA FOREHAND
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:13 PM
Yes, Maria has certainly improved with time, as this photo shows......

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1344/mariauglyprettyml3.jpg

yikes neither of those pics looks great one looks like she's been embalmed and the other has cakes of make-up.

Ana Ivanovic is a natural beauty

Anna is too skinny now

tenn_ace
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:27 PM
:lol:

But seriously, some of these girls are like the Romanian gymnasts, only in reverse. I would love to take a gander at the birth certificates of Golovin and Vaidisova. Sometimes Nicole doesn't look a day under 35.

the same could be said about Ana.

markhingis
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:40 PM
Ana Ivanovic is the hottest to me. She's got a bit too massive thighs,but her face is perfectly flawless. Most girls get prettier with age, but that's not what happened to Maria Sharapova. She's getting uglier IMO.

mykarma
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:44 PM
How old are you? :lol: Between 15 and 20 and woman is still developing.

Princeza
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:45 PM

At least 32

nelsondan
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:17 PM
I wonder how beautiful Michelle Pfeiffer was at 17.

She is still stunning at 49.

kinglear
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:40 PM
Yup, Dementieva is a true beauty and that's why she continues to look good. :worship:

baleineau
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:51 PM
yikes neither of those pics looks great one looks like she's been embalmed and the other has cakes of make-up. Ana Ivanovic is a natural beauty. Anna is too skinny now

I think if Ana Ivanovic trimmed down she'd be pretty. Look at how she could look if she cut down on the cake......

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/73/anauglyprettygf3.jpg

DA FOREHAND
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:03 PM
I think if Ana Ivanovic trimmed down she'd be pretty. Look at how she could look if she cut down on the cake......

I don't think that's a current picture of Ana is it?

baleineau
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:48 PM
virginia ruano-pascual also improved her looks after losing a bit of weight. she's very pretty indeed and always smiley.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/1493/ruanouglyprettyli6.jpg

baleineau
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:50 PM
wouldn't you say she (VRP) looks 5-10 years younger in the left-hand photo?

Serenita
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:30 AM

Ana is one of the most stunning girls on the tour. she just have a natural beauty about her, so hopefully she aint gonna go on no diet.

if the girl loses wait she gonna look like a ANA girl.

munaz
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:43 AM
how about tati. when she came on to the scene a couple of years back she looked fresh and pretty, now kinda looks like a mess. maybe its the bad dye job or the outfits she wears on court. she still has an attractive face. oh and another one - jankovic. she's never gonna be the wta beauty queen but man does she overload on the make-up, somebody needs to tell her less is more for some people

cmonmasha
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:07 AM
I have the feeling that there are some outfits that make sharapova look bigger, and in other dresses she doesn't. For example this year in wimbledon she looked thin and nice, and at the sony ericsson open she looked bigger.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I think the Sharapova of 04 looked really good but i don't think she looks that great these days.

I think that prior to 2000 the beeds on the sisters IMO made them look weird...not attractive. But after they switched to the nice hair extensions/braids and the inovative outfits there looks improved radically. For me anyway.

Nowadays they look awesome.
Lindsay IMO also improved alot look wise starting 04 or so.

Pasta-Na
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:25 AM
how about kuzzy? she looks so hot when she wears a long pink dress :hearts:

Pasta-Na
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:26 AM
and i still have one of bammer's photos as my poster on my wall :angel: