PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Going?

njtennis11
Jul 30th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Usually my family goes to the US Open, but I think this year were going for a little changeup and head to New Haven. Is anyone going, and does hanybody who has gone in the past have any suggestions.

UDACHi
Jul 30th, 2007, 08:31 PM
i have gone for one day (thursday) in 2005 and 2006 and will be going again this year. what exactly do you want to know? :p

njtennis11
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:36 AM
Just what its like, I've never gone to a smaller tournament before, and if you have any suggestions as to what to do.

UDACHi
Aug 4th, 2007, 01:50 AM
well this is the only tournament i've ever attended, so i can't really share any information in comparison to the open. it's pretty intimate at new haven, though.

Berlin_Calling
Aug 9th, 2007, 12:54 AM
i go to new haven every year so hopefully, ill be able to make it up this year. i go to the us open as well and i can say that in terms of intimacy and getting to see/talk to players one on one, new haven is great. whereas big players are usually swarmed at the us open, i found myself having little chats with players after their practice sessions etc. its also nice to go out into downtown new haven during hte tournament as you see lots of players out. just last year, i was at this really discreet cafe i enjoy on a small sidestreet, and francesca schiavone walked in and i wished her luck.

thesupernova
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:07 AM
woohoo i'm going too:) i'm going for qualie weekend. i went last and the year before for saturday qualies. it was awesome! and i cant wait for this year.

NyCPsU
Aug 15th, 2007, 01:58 AM
i might be going, depends on what my schedule is like next week, but i went last year for the first time and loved it.
completely different atmosphere than the open, better in a lot of ways.

i wont be able to go to the open so i kind of want to try to make it up there for at least one day, preferably to see daniela, lindsay, and serena.

MH0861
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Going to the night sessions all week after work :hearts:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 16th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I'm going for the finals!

Can't wait. Gooooooooooooo Lindsay! :bounce:

betowiec
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:47 AM
i was there today, will be there tomorrow and for few days during the week

thesupernova
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:40 AM
to everybody who was there this weekend: what did you think?
i freakin loved it:) i got soooooo many autographs and talked to a ton of players. i took a ton of pics and a bunch of video which im hoping ill be able to upload tomorrow night. one of the coolest things was staying at the omni. this morning i was walking back to the hotel after getting something to eat and lindsey and her husband and baby were out for a walk. it was pretty cool:)