PDA

View Full Version : S1 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

The Daviator
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:41 AM
DFS Classic, Birmingham

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/graphics/logos/birmingham.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2384/brinleyplporphyrioskm5by2.jpg

Week 9, Grass Tier III, Draw Size 32

Birmingham, GBR - Welcome to Birmingham, and the start of the grass season on the ATC, on the clay, Marion Bartoli emerged to dominate, winning 3 of the 4 clay events, and now finds herself at #1, but with a surface change, can she continue her winning ways? Or will some other players suddenly find form? Stay tuned to find out!

Draw Posted - Sunday 18:00 CET

Points Deadline - Tuesday 18:00 CET

New points are mandatory, please don't forget to send :p

The Daviator
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Aces To Play

Bartoli - 0
Benesova - 0
Bremond - 4
Camerin - 0
Capriati - 1
Cibulkova - 0
Chakvetadze - 2
Davenport - 4
Dechy - 2
Dementieva - 0
Dominguez Lino - 2
Golovin - 1
Harkleroad - 1
Henin - 1
Jankovic - 1
Krajicek - 3
Kirilenko - 2
Kutuzova - 3
Molik - 4
Mauresmo - 4
Myskina - 0
Medina Garrigues - 0
Paszek - 0
Peer - 2
Pennetta - 3
Rezai - 1
Safarova - 1
Sharapova - 2
Sprem - 0
Stosur - 1
Tanasugarn - 4
V. Williams - 1

Players in bold have sent new points.

The Daviator
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Draw

Marion Bartoli(1) v Michaella Krajicek
Iveta Benesova v Maria Sharapova
Maria Elena Camerin v Samantha Stosur
Tamarine Tanasugarn v Ashley Harkleroad(5)

Venus Williams(8) v Aravane Rezai
Elena Dementieva v Viktoriya Kutuzova
Lourdes Dominguez Lino v Flavia Pennetta
Anastasia Myskina v Severine Bremond(4)

Anabel Medina Garrigues(3) v Karolina Sprem
Anna Chakvetadze v Tatiana Golovin
Lindsay Davenport v Shahar Peer
Amelie Mauresmo v Lucie Safarova(6)

Alicia Molik(7) v Tamira Paszek
Jelena Jankovic v Jennifer Capriati
Justine Henin v Maria Kirilenko
Dominika Cibulkova v Nathalie Dechy(2)

The Daviator
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:43 AM
OOP

Tuesday - R32

Wednesday - R16

Thursday - QFs

Friday - SFs and F

The Daviator
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Player Of The Week

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6513/rt44hcx8.jpg

Ashley Harkleroad

Ashley's run to the RG final, which included a win over #3 Medina Garrigues, gives her the POTW this week :yeah: And she now has an ace to use in Birmingham :p

Harvs
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:48 AM
wooo molik = 4 aces!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hantu515
Jul 28th, 2007, 07:23 PM
why not just give the titles to Bremond and Mauresmo, o except for the third week

The Daviator
Jul 28th, 2007, 07:28 PM
why not just give the titles to Bremond and Mauresmo, o except for the third week

Because as we saw with Krajicek on clay, anything can happen :p

Vamos.
Jul 28th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Mauresmo? But she sucks at this game...what makes you so sure she even has what it takes to win a title:tape:

Hantu515
Jul 28th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Mauresmo? But she sucks at this game...what makes you so sure she even has what it takes to win a title:tape:

4 aces and French

Imperfect Angel
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Because as we saw with Krajicek on clay, anything can happen :p
But she hasn't got any titles yet.:shrug::o She just won certain good players who are actually mentally weak. :p

Misa knows you can do it.:angel:

4 aces and French
:lol:

Vamos.
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Trust me, four aces or no aces Mauresmo is poor. I am just looking to have some decent results, slowly build up for Wimbledon. Hopefully there I can do well.

Imperfect Angel
Jul 28th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Trust me, four aces or no aces Mauresmo is poor. I am just looking to have some decent results, slowly build up for Wimbledon. Hopefully there I can do well.

:yeah:

Droolv
Jul 28th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Only 1 ace for Tati :help:

The Daviator
Jul 28th, 2007, 11:36 PM
But she hasn't got any titles yet.:shrug::o She just won certain good players who are actually mentally weak. :p

Dechy will not be amused when she hears that :p ;)

Anyway, guys please don't forget to send new points :p There may be quite a few retirements if not :unsure:

Harvs
Jul 29th, 2007, 01:06 AM
molik, mauresmo, davenport, tanasugarn and bremond... only 5 aces players wooo

Imperfect Angel
Jul 29th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Dechy will not be amused when she hears that :p ;)

Anyway, guys please don't forget to send new points :p There may be quite a few retirements if not :unsure:

Did I say Dechy?;) :p
I'd like to have the draw posted ASAP so that I can prepare the points if possible :shrug: since I may not have internet access for the next couple of weeks.:tape: :o

Tennis-Chick
Jul 29th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Chakvetadze Looking Forward To Grass Challenge
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/xXxPosterGirlxXx/11.jpg

BIRMINGHAM, England- Russian Anna Chakvetadze is looking forward to the challenge of the grass court season. Chakvetadze has had an OK year so far, but is looking for more. "I have played OK during the year, I have had some good wins, especially on clay, but I know I can do more, and I want to prove it here. Grass is certainly not my favourite surface and I'm sure I will have ups and downs on it. I don't have very high hopes for Birmingham, I am just getting used to the surface here. I arrived here earlier than I usually do, to have more time on the grass. I know I need to improve on grass and I'm starting here. I know I have very little chance of winning the title here as there is a lot of good grass courters here, but I'm not here to win, I'm here to improve and I hope by the time it comes to Wimbledon, I will have a chance."

The 20 year old, has dropped from 9th in the world in singles to 14th. The Russian, went to Roland Garros last week with high hopes and was one of the contenders for the title, but suprisingly lost in the first round, "I was very upset after Roland Garros. I was playing very well going into the tournament, getting to the semis of two events and winning a doubles event, I had a lot of practise on the surface and I thought I was ready to win. I didn't play very well through out the match, I couldn't get into a rhythm, she wouldn't let me. This frustrated me and I let it get to me too much, and she took advantage of that. My serve wasn't working that well, I wasn't getting many aces, and she attacked my second serve and it worked for her. But I'm young, I will have many more years ahead of me hopefully, plenty of time to play Grand Slams. I hope by the time next year, I will be ready for Roland Garros."

Chakvetadze is part of the number one ranked doubles team, with Ashley Harkleroad, already winning three titles this year, including the Australian Open, "I love doubles. It's great to win a Grand Slam so young, and to win it with a friend is even more special. I really enjoy playing doubles and we have had a lot of success, which makes it even better. I hope we can play well here too. Grass certainly isn't either Ash or mine favourite surface, so it will be hard, especially the first week, as we don't really practise for doubles, we just play."

The world number 14, arrived in Birmingham, on Saturday, 4 days before the tournament starts. "I wanted to get here early, I didn't want to go back to San Diego for a couple of days after Roland Garros, then travel for 10 hours or so to Birmingham, so I decided to go to Ireland for a few days to relax. I spent 3 days or so in Dublin, chilling with some of my friends and my coach. I wasn't supposed to come to Birmingham to Sunday night, but I decided to come even early to get more practise on the courts. I think it was a good decision."

The Daviator
Jul 29th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Draw posted :p

Imperfect Angel
Jul 29th, 2007, 05:36 PM
World No.1 again in first round?!:tape:
But I hope Misa can get her revenge then.:devil:
;)

Harvs
Jul 29th, 2007, 10:13 PM
molik = very happy with her quarter :)

Vamos.
Jul 29th, 2007, 11:57 PM
God. How ironic that, on our best surface, Davenport and I get drawn right next to each other. We might finally win our opening rounds only for one of us to definitely lose. I sense a conspiracy.

Alizé Molik
Jul 30th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Dav!! Krajicek in the first round??!?! COME ON!!

Medina
Jul 30th, 2007, 11:40 AM
DFS Classic, Birmingham

Welcome To ATC doubles!

Entry List:

Sharapova/Myskina: 1

Bremond/Mauresmo: 4

Dechy/Rezzai: 1

Henin/Molik: 2

Jankovic/Panetta: 2

Kirilenko/Paszek: 1

Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino: 3

Harkleroad/Chakvetadze: 3

Shiavone/Stosur: 1

Bartoli/Dementieva: 0

Peer/Karjicek: 2

Draw:

http://www.tournawiz.com/16draw.php?id=3&uid=medina

Im am trying a new system, go on that, and check out the draw, i will constantly update it!

OOP!

Tuesday - R16

Wednesday - QF

Thursday - SF

Friday - F

Points Deadline - Monday 20:00 GMT+10

CAN ALL DOUBLES TEAMS SEND NEW POINTS FOR GRASS COURT... IF NOT I WILL HAVE TO SEND PM'S IF NOT W/O

ASAP!

Last week the strong seed, Harkleroad/Chakvetadze were able to take out a strong Bartoli Dementieva. in a tough 2 set match. Will they be able to pull it off again. Or will the strong henin/molik come back and reclaim thier spot
[/QUOTE]

Medina
Jul 30th, 2007, 11:52 AM
DFS Classic, Birmingham

Welcome To ATC doubles!

Entry List:

Sharapova/Myskina: 1

Bremond/Mauresmo: 4

Dechy/Rezzai: 1

Henin/Molik: 2

Jankovic/Panetta: 2

Kirilenko/Paszek: 1

Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino: 3

Harkleroad/Chakvetadze: 1

Stosur/Golovin: 1

Bartoli/Dementieva: 0

Peer/Karjicek: 2

Draw:

[B][CENTER]OOP!

Tuesday - R16

Wednesday - QF

Thursday - SF

Friday - F

Points Deadline - Monday 20:00 GMT+10

CAN ALL DOUBLES TEAMS SEND NEW POINTS FOR GRASS COURT... IF NOT I WILL HAVE TO SEND PM'S IF NOT W/O

ASAP!

Last week, It was the Grand Slam, Roland Garros. With 2 teams showing fine form. Amelia Island CHampions Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino. And Italy Champions Krajicek/Peer to battle it out for the title. With Tanasugarn/Dominguez Defeating them In 2 Sets. Will they be able to hold thier form On Grass. but the Big Favourites Being Bremond/Mauresmo having a huge advantage on this surface.

ViennaCalling
Jul 30th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Grass is :help:

I thought Clay is my least favourite surface, but i was wrong :tape:

The Daviator
Jul 30th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Can people please stop complaining about the draws :(

They're all done on random.org, if you don't like your draw, too bad :shrug:

AlexBarrington
Jul 30th, 2007, 06:14 PM

Pennetta likes :lol: :angel:

DefyingGravity
Jul 30th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I actually could care less. I'm just happy that I'm being included.

*Jean*
Jul 30th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I like mine this week :p

The Daviator
Jul 30th, 2007, 08:59 PM
18/32 players have sent new points so far, thanks guys :yeah:

Still almost a day left for the rest of you to send :p

Vamos.
Jul 30th, 2007, 09:05 PM
It felt so good to use four aces. I just hope I haven't wasted them.

Alizé Molik
Jul 30th, 2007, 09:48 PM

obviously we're not expecting you to rig it for us but could u :sad:

Imperfect Angel
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:57 AM
obviously we're not expecting you to rig it for us but could u :sad:

:angel: :devil:

:p

GracefulVenus
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:14 PM
Williams.............Ready For The Classic

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/505/Venus84.jpg

Despite not being too optomistic about her results during the up and coming grass season, Venus Williams is happy to be off the clay surface and will look to favorable draws in order to maintain some points for the hard court season.

"Yeah, the rumors are true that I am not looking forward to this grass season at all, but I will make sure that I have fun playing and support all of my friends througout the season. I also plan to blog from The Championships this year in order to give my fans a treat!"

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:31 PM
22/32 players sent points, 3 are on vacation, so only 7 forgot, not bad :p

Anyway, round of 32 on the way :wavey:

Keaka
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:33 PM
Myskina has no chances :( But I use this tactic first, it might work with 4 less aces. :lol:

Krajicek has done it, so it is possible... :p

ViennaCalling
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:37 PM

How do you do that? I want to make it that way for ATT too ;)

Kevin.
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:39 PM
Tammy happy she gets to use 4 aces!!! :woohoo:
GL agaisnt RG finaslsit Ashley!

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:42 PM
Round of 32

First Quarter

Krajicek def. Bartoli(1) 5-7 7-6(4) 6-3

Sharapova def. Benesova W/O

Stosur def. Camerin W/O

Tanasugarn def. Harkleroad(5) 6-3 3-6 6-2

Misa was 2-5 down in the second set :eek: But she fought back to score her third win over a #1 :worship: You had good points despite your loss Marion ;) Congrats to the other winners :clap2:

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:44 PM
How do you do that? I want to make it that way for ATT too ;)

Go to random.org and use the 'sequence generator' :p

Kevin.
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:45 PM
RG winner and finalist out!

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:52 PM
Round of 32

Second Quarter

V. Williams(8) def. Rezai 6-4 6-4

Kutuzova def. Dementieva W/O

Dominguez Lino def. Pennetta 6-0 6-2

Bremond(4) def. Myskina 6-3 7-5

Nastya :hug: Sev is very tough to beat with 4 aces :p LDL :eek: Perfect gameplan for Flavia, congrats also to Vee and Vika ;)

AlexBarrington
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:54 PM
Round of 32

Second Quarter

V. Williams(8) def. Rezai 6-4 6-4

Kutuzova def. Dementieva W/O

Dominguez Lino def. Pennetta 6-0 6-2

Bremond(4) def. Myskina 6-3 7-5

Nastya :hug: Sev is very tough to beat with 4 aces :p LDL :eek: Perfect gameplan for Flavia, congrats also to Vee and Vika ;)

I lost all CT?

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:56 PM
Round of 32

Third Quarter

Sprem def. Medina Garrigues(3) W/O

Golovin def. Chakvetadze 6-3 6-4

Davenport def. Peer W/O

Mauresmo def. Safarova(6) 6-1 7-5

Quite shocked that AMG didn't send points since she's the game's #3 player :shrug: Tati scores her first win :yeah: Congrats to Momo and Linds too :p Losers :hug:

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:58 PM
I lost all CT?

In the first set, yes :tape: :sad: :hug: But LDL was very aggressive early on, whilst you weren't ;)

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:01 PM
Round of 32

Fourth Quarter

Jankovic def. Capriati 6-3 4-6 6-3

Kirilenko def. Henin W/O

Dechy(2) def. Cibulkova W/O

Paszek-Molik is postponed as Alicia needs to correct her points :p Congrats to the other winners :)

DefyingGravity
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:02 PM
Shoot. Not bad though for my first time playing this game.

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:05 PM
Updated Draw

Michaella Krajicek v Maria Sharapova
Samantha Stosur v Tamarine Tanasugarn

Venus Williams(8) v Viktoriya Kutuzova
Lourdes Dominguez Lino v Severine Bremond(4)

Karolina Sprem v Tatiana Golovin
Lindsay Davenport v Amelie Mauresmo

Alicia Molik(7)/Tamira Paszek v Jelena Jankovic
Maria Kirilenko v Nathalie Dechy(2)

Stosur, Davenport & Dechy still haven't sent points, and won their matches via CT, they now have a further day to send, round of 16 tomorrow :wavey:

DefyingGravity
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:06 PM
Jennifer's Grass Is Not Enough

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39220000/jpg/_39220492_capriati300.jpg

Jennifer Capriati stumbled out of the DFS Classic in Birmingham, England with a 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 loss to Jelena Jankovic of Serbia. Jennifer said she felt good about her game and it showed in the second set, as she took it with one break in hand.

"I felt really good for one set. And honestly, I didn't play terrible tennis. My opponent just outclassed me completely. Congratulations to Jelena on a well-played match and I wish you the best in this tournament and the rest of this year."

Jennifer will go and practice and play in the Ordina Open or Hastings Direct International...which ever one is next week.

"I totally got my weeks confused to begin with...so it was bad already when I came here with one day left. I don't know if I'm playing in the Netherlands or in Eastbourne...oh well."

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the article Jen :yeah:

2 ranking points for every article, remember people :angel:

Alizé Molik
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:55 PM
good match Krajicek - very promising to take a set and be 5-2 up against someone with 3 aces when you have none - I plan to win matches.

Vamos.
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:14 PM
Surprise of the Season: Mauresmo Plays Well.

http://chris.europe2blog.fr/chris38/images/mauresmo_1.jpg

Moderator: Questions please.

Reporter: Well finally a good performance. That was nice to watch.

Amelie: (smiling)...thanks, I guess. I am much more comfortable on grass. You can expect more of that.

Reporter: Glad to hear it. You raced through the first set playing close to perfect grasscourt tennis. The second set was much tougher, though?

Amelie: For sure. It was tough to close out the match, you know. I haven't really had much practice at doing that with losing miserably for the whole clay season and all. But she is a great player too; number six in the world so it was always going to be difficult but my volleys just about pulled me through, I think.

Reporter: As an unbiased journalist, I just have to express my admiration for your game. I love your technique; the way you vary your shots, come to net, play some smart tennis. Martina Navratilova wrote a piece for us the other day remarking that too many players are just blindly hitting the ball, do you agree?

Amelie: Sure. I think a lot of players look to just outpower their opponents and get the match over with as quick as possible. I dare say I am better the longer the match goes on. If you are going to beat me on grass it probably will be a quick affair. You have to utilise your assets I suppose:shrug:.

Reporter: You looked much more comfortable on the court today. What are your aims for this tournament and then for the grass season as a whole?

Amelie: I am taking it one match at a time for this tournament, that is it. I want to win as many matches as possible, for sure, but my aim is to get some practice in and be fully prepared for Wimbledon. There I aim to peak, definitely.

It would be a dream to win my first title here but even if you take the next match; I have Lindsay, a good friend, who is an extremely difficult opponent anywhere but especially on grass. I know she has been working hard and the only thing stopping her is a little niggling injury she has. The match might actually not go ahead yet but if it does then it could be the end of my tournament already.

So, yes, definitely, just taking the tournament one step at a time. Trying not to think too far ahead.

Reporter: At 5-5 in the second set there was an exchange between you and your coach, can you tell us about that?

Amelie: Exchange? I don't know what you mean...

Reporter: You were kind of doing some sign language and shaking your head, he was getting pretty animated in his box.

Amelie: :shrug:...I don't know really, I think he was just telling me to stay positive and that I could close her out. Just words of encouragement, that's it.

Reporter: Thankyou for your time Amelie and good luck for the rest of the tournament!

Amelie: You're welcome. Goodnight.

Droolv
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:28 PM
:woohoo: Tati's first win!! :D
Good match Chaky :hug:

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:33 PM
Fantastic article Amelie :worship:

Result of the Paszek-Molik match on the way :)

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:39 PM
Round of 32

Paszek def. Molik(7) 6-4 7-5 :eek:

Tamira's gameplan matched up perfectly with Alicia's, Alicia you can still do well on the grass, you just need to spread your aces a bit more ;) :hug:

Harvs
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:13 AM
omg... that is bloody DISCUSTING!!!!

ViennaCalling
Aug 1st, 2007, 06:32 AM
:eek:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Greatest win for Tamira! With 0 Aces against 4 Aces :yeah:

Medina
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM
6/11 Sent points

I still need points from:

Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino
Stosur/Golovin
Bremond/Maursemo
Dechy/Rezai
Bartoli/Dementieva

I will start whilst everyone gives me thier poits

PS. LDL :woohoo: Sucks Bremond Next round :(

Harvs
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:34 AM
lol i actually dont understand how a player with 0 aces can beat a player with 4 aces... 6/4 in a set! lol that means paszek won every game besides me ace games... :(:(:( GRRR!

haha yes, yes i am still fuming

Imperfect Angel
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:35 AM
Misa :eek: phew!what a comeback!
Bartoli :hug: good match.:)
:woohoo: Misa is the No.1 slayer!:p :lol:

ViennaCalling
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:38 AM
...;11323104']lol i actually dont understand how a player with 0 aces can beat a player with 4 aces... 6/4 in a set! lol that means paszek won every game besides me ace games... :(:(:( GRRR!

It was the same for the me at the beginning of the season: I had 4 Aces and lost 4-6 5-7 :lol:

With 1 Ace on Clay i won only one match and then i win the first match on Grass with 0 Aces :confused: :p

Imperfect Angel
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:45 AM
It was the same for the me at the beginning of the season: I had 4 Aces and lost 4-6 5-7 :lol:

With 1 Ace on Clay i won only one match and then i win the first match on Grass with 0 Aces :confused: :p

Misa won 9 match I think on her worst surface.:p

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:03 PM
...;11323104']lol i actually dont understand how a player with 0 aces can beat a player with 4 aces... 6/4 in a set! lol that means paszek won every game besides me ace games... :(:(:( GRRR!

Tamira won all the non-ace games, you should have spread them a bit more ;)

Kevin.
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM
has Sam sent in points yet? I hope Tammy can win

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Round of 16 on the way :wavey:

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:27 PM
Round of 16

Tanasugarn def. Stosur

Mauresmo def. Davenport

Kirilenko def. Dechy(2)

W/O

Congrats winners :p A rest day for you, the rest of the matches coming up.

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:29 PM
Round of 16

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8819/fulljgettytenniswimblednq3.jpg

Krajicek def. Sharapova
1-6 7-5 7-5 :eek:

Misa really struggled in this match, and was 0-4 down in the final set, but her match toughness saved her in the end ;) Great effort Maria :yeah:

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Round of 16

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7599/vee33sj1.jpg

V. Williams(8) def. Kutuzova
6-4 6-1

I know Vee was quite disappointed with her clay season, but she's finding her form again and this was a great win, Vika :hug: You need to change your first 3 games ;)

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM
Round of 16

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2305/41846114severine416wo8.jpg

Bremond(4) def. Dominguez Lino
4-6 7-5 7-5 :eek:

Really tense match, but Sev is back in form on the grass and was so strong late on in the last 2 sets, LDL :hug: I like your grass points :yeah:

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:40 PM
Round of 16

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1617/fulljgetty74436671hb044ij5.jpg

Jankovic def. Paszek
6-1 6-1

Jelena's spins and slices were too much for Tamira today :hug: Jelena seems to be back in form after a disastrous clay season.

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:42 PM
Round of 16

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3805/200604140257248104al054fs9.jpg

Sprem def. Golovin
7-5 5-7 6-4

Very closely contested match this, K-Lina was a little luckier at times, but there was nothing to seperate them, Tati :hug:

The Daviator
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:44 PM
Updated Draw

Michaella Krajicek v Tamarine Tanasugarn

Venus Williams(8) v Severine Bremond(4)

Karolina Sprem v Amelie Mauresmo

Jelena Jankovic v Maria Kirilenko

Congrats winners :p QFs tomorrow :bounce:

GracefulVenus
Aug 1st, 2007, 06:46 PM
Venus Looking To Get Better As The Season Goes On!!!

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/505/Vee32.jpg

With a solid 6-4, 6-1 victory over a talented grass court player in Kutuzova, Venus Williams is gaining more confidence at the season goes on.

"I'm extremely happy with my play today and happy that I am able to get into the Quarters of this event. As I stated before, I am looking to play well enough on the grass surface in order to remain seeded for the hardcourt season, and today's outcome will help me succeed in reaching that goal."

Next up for Venus Williams is the ever dangerous Severine Bremond, who has been consistant througout the entire season.

Medina
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:15 PM
:sad: .....

dawid
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM
6/1 6/1 with only 1 ace. Jelenka :hearts:

MH0861
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:24 AM
Kirilenko works hard to reach Quarterfinals

http://ceo.up.seesaa.net/05AIG/capt.xkk10510070545.japan_open_tennis_xkk105.jpg

Unseeded Russian Maria Kirilenko moved onto the Quarterfinals of the DFS Classic at Birmingham today with a walkover win over former #1 player Nathalie Dechy of France.

Adding to what is shaping to be a suspect start to the grass court season on the ATC tour, this is actually Kirilenko's second consecutive walkover victory of the tournament. In fact, Maria has advanced to the Quarterfinals without playing a single point.

"Honestly, I'll take this good luck. I had a lot of tough, emotional losses this season... I've lost 7-6 in the third about four times and 7-5 in the third another two already, so I think I deserve a break" Kirilenko said.

"It's just my second Quarterfinal of the year, and Jankovic isn't too comfortable on the grass so I'll have my chances. I won't take my one Ace advantage for granted though.. as we've seen, anything can happen."

It remains to be seen if Jankovic will actually play the match.

Imperfect Angel
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Phew!another hard fought victory!I hope Misa is able to win every match like that or maybe a bit easier.;)
Maria :hug:

Medina
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Doing to Matches....

People who didnt send points. bad luck..

Imperfect Angel
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:03 PM
:unsure:

Medina
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Kirilenko/Paszek Vs Bartoli/Dementieva

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/633/U2029P6T12D2992279F44DT20070620042310.jpg

Kirilenko/Paszek d. Bartoli/Dementieva W/O

Boring.. Bit dissapointed that the world number 1 in singles woudnt send the points.. Kirilenko/Paszke you have 1 days rest

Sharapova/Myskina Vs Krajicek/Peer

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3171/31531475-e310-4779-8ac2-921fadb730b4.jpg

Krajicek/Peer d. Sharapova/Myskina 7-5 7-6(1)

In both sets. The all Russian Side led 5-1. But Misa fighting skills came back and won them to match. no-wonder Misa is a highly ranked player, and is known for her big comebacks and big wins. ANd peer was fighting hard with all passion!

Jankovic/Pennetta Vs Dechy/Rezai

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/634/fullj_getty-tennis-fedcup-ita-chn_2_07_01_pm.jpg

Jankovic/Pennetta d Dechy/Rezai w/o

Boring match again. Jankovic/Pennetta at least you in the next round good luck :p

Medina
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:20 PM

updated draw. For those teams who havnt sent in points and are playing tommorow, i suggest you do so..

Teams are

Stosur/Golovin

Bremond/Mauresmo[/COLOR][/B]

Kevin.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
since only 1 completed match i think we need more doubles :p

Imperfect Angel
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
:eek: Another comeback in doubles?:lol:
Looks like Misa is gonna have some work to do then.;)
By the way,I played doubles with Peer,so Peer should also be praised for the comeback.:p
Sharapova/Myskina :hug: good match

Imperfect Angel
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Isn't Sev/Momo our next opponent?
Misa/Peer would like to have a w/o win.:devil:

Half of the players are still having vacation after RG.So we'll see in the next event.

Medina
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:41 PM
He He Bremond/Mauresmo just sent points in. So bad luck Krajicek/Peer!

Stosur(s4e) Golovin (droolv3) comon guys i send points very week for WTL :p I dont want another walkover.... :D!

and Kev. i will do rest tommorow, its late here in Australia and i need an early one to go to school tommorow!

Imperfect Angel
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
OMG!:(

well,since Misa/Peer needs to fight from 1-5 down to win their match,I think it's hard to win against opponents with 4 Aces.:tape:

Medina
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:07 PM
OMG!:(

well,since Misa/Peer needs to fight from 1-5 down to win their match,I think it's hard to win against opponents with 4 Aces.:tape:

You say that :lol: Well Gl. Anything is possible

The Daviator
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Time for the QFs :D

The Daviator
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Quarter-Finals

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/428/74808410mt054thechampiocl3.jpg

Mauresmo def. Sprem
6-3 6-4

Comfortable win for Momo on her best surface, Karolina you made too many errors and Amelie was always in control of the rallies, not much you could have done :hug:

Imperfect Angel
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Well done Momo!I know you'd do better.:D

Vamos.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
:hearts:...grass=Momo-time. :drool:...finally some good results!

Yet to drop a set.

The Daviator
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
Quarter-Finals

V. Williams(8) def. Bremond(4)
7-5 3-6 6-4 :eek:

Brilliant win for Venus against Severine on the Frenchwoman's best surface, she really is back playing great tennis again, Sev :hug: You know how good Vee can be ;)

Imperfect Angel
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
Yay!Venus!Congrats!:D

The Daviator
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
Quarter-Finals

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/377/16wa3.jpg

Kirilenko def. Jankovic
4-6 7-5 6-4 :eek:

Congrats Maria :bigclap: This time it was the Russian who got lucky, saving 2 match points in the second set, Jelena :hug: Still a great effort :yeah:

Imperfect Angel
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:40 PM
JJ :sad: :hug:
Makiri :yeah:

Imperfect Angel
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
Is it me or..
why Misa's match would usually be the last one even she's on the top half of the draw?
I hope it doesn't mean she lose her match.:unsure:
Go Misa!:scared:

The Daviator
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Quarter-Finals

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5176/fulljgettytenniswimbledac9.jpg

Tanasugarn def. Krajicek
6-1 4-6 6-4

Well done Tammy :yeah: Another high quality match, Tammy's extra ace proved decisive, Misa :hug: Change your first set ;)

The Daviator
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:44 PM
Updated Draw

Tamarine Tanasugarn v Venus Williams(8)

Amelie Mauresmo v Maria Kirilenko

Congrats winners, SFs and F tomorrow :wavey:

Imperfect Angel
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Misa :sad:
Congrats Tammy!:D

Vamos.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:53 PM
Mauresmo Shines on Grass

Amelie Mauresmo continued her promised, and much delayed, turn-a-round of her season with an impressive victory over Karolina Sprem. The match was a decent contest but Mauresmo was always in control of the points using a superb array of spins, slices and volleys to catch Sprem off guard. The resounding 6-3 6-4 victory is bound to start a few people talking in the locker-room; Mauresmo insists that she aims to peak at Wimbledon and lift the trophy there but already she is showing some impeccable grasscourt form.

"It was a great match for me, for sure. Again I just felt really, really comfortable on court. It makes me laugh that the first place I have felt at home all year is Birmingham. I hadn't even heard of Birmingham before this week but, hey, it's doing wonders for me. I love it here; the fans are so passionate and pretty knowledgeable, it's just a fun tournament all around."

The British fans certainly seem to have taken to Mauresmo. The Frenchwoman's traditional and elegant style seem to have taken them back to some of the greats at Wimbledon, especially her willingness and even determination to constantly serve and volley.

"Yeh, I dare say that I am something of a fan favourite right now. Which is good ahead of Wimbledon, hopefully a lot of these fans will support me onto that tournament too. It's great. I think they just appreciate my natural flair for grasscourt tennis; I am also kind of fighting this baseline bashing style that so many other girls have adopted, it simply won't work on grass and I intend to prove that over the next few weeks, for sure."

When questioned more about this new wave of "baseline bashers" Mauresmo declined to name any names but did suggest that two of those players may compatriots of hers. France have dominated the tour so far and with two quality grasscourters, in the form of Bremond and Mauresmo, they will aim to do so even further over the coming weeks. With news of a possible Federation Cup at the end of the season, will Mauresmo be eager to represent her Country?

"Well I have heard that they will only be accepting the top two ranked players of the Country. I think this is just silly, very silly. Dechy and Bartoli? Don't make me laugh...you cannot have a French Fed Cup team without Amelie Mauresmo. Simple as that. With the amount of talent coming from France we should have two teams. I have mentioned this in an email but, unsurprisingly, I received no reponse. If they do not listen to me I will start a petition and then who knows. Mauresmo will not be defied! Goodnight!"

Kevin.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Misa :hug:
Tammy :woohoo: :eek: into a SF!

GracefulVenus
Aug 2nd, 2007, 08:40 PM
Quarter-Finals

V. Williams(8) def. Bremond(4)
7-5 3-6 6-4 :eek:

Brilliant win for Venus against Severine on the Frenchwoman's best surface, she really is back playing great tennis again, Sev :hug: You know how good Vee can be ;)

OMG! It is possible to win without having lots of aces! Article later! Thanks TWatcher88

MH0861
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
Kirilenko :hearts: Beating Jankovic twice on one day in close matches :angel:

Jelena. :hug:

:lmao: at getting two singles walkovers and a doubles walkover

GracefulVenus
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:58 PM
Williams Loving The English Grass!!!

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/505/Vee20.jpg

In one of the most exciting matches at The DFS Classic Venus Williams took on the heavily favored world number 4, Severine Bremond. The three set marathon match took about 2 hours and 51 minutes with Williams eventually being the victor 7-5 3-6 6-4 over her strong opponent.

"Well she's defenitely a grass player isn't she................... I mean, I haven't seen someone work the grass so well since Navratilova. I'm just happy I was able to step up my play at the key moments in this match. That's what got me the win over Severine today. I'm so excited to be in another semi."

Imperfect Angel
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:56 AM
OMG! It is possible to win without having lots of aces! Article later! Thanks TWatcher88

Welcome.:)

Misa also understands how it feels to win opponents(many aces) with less aces.;) :p
But she played worse even with 3 aces.:tape: :rolleyes:

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
SFs coming up :)

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Semi-Finals

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/428/74808410mt054thechampiocl3.jpg

Mauresmo def. Kirilenko
6-1 6-2

Well this was just a match where everything clicked for Amelie, she made no unforced errors and didn't allow Maria to play her game at all, great win :yeah: Makiri :hug:

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:10 PM
Semi-Finals

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5176/fulljgettytenniswimbledac9.jpg

Tanasugarn def. V. Williams(8)
5-7 6-1 6-3

It was a tough ask for Venus to beat 2 4-acers back-to-back :p But she made it competitive :yeah: Second final for Tammy :D

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Updated Draw

Tamarine Tanasugarn v Amelie Mauresmo

Battle of the grass-court specialists ;) Final later :bounce:

dawid
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:17 PM
Good luck MaKiri ;)

GracefulVenus
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Congrats Tammy and Amelie. Good luck to you both. Venus happy with SF showing at this event!

Imperfect Angel
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Momo :drool:
Tammy :clap2:
Venus,Makiri :hug:

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:08 PM
Time for the final :wavey:

tennisbuddy12
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
go Tammy!

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Final

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/428/74808410mt054thechampiocl3.jpg http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5176/fulljgettytenniswimbledac9.jpg

Mauresmo v Tanasugarn

0-0
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
0-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
0-2
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1-2
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1-3*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
2-3
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
2-4
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
2-5*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
2-6

Tanasugarn leads Mauresmo 6-2

tennisbuddy12
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:14 PM
tammys coach is next to me....hes ESTATIC!!

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM
Final

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/428/74808410mt054thechampiocl3.jpg http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5176/fulljgettytenniswimbledac9.jpg

Mauresmo v Tanasugarn

Tanasugarn leads Mauresmo 6-2

0-0
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
0-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
0-2
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1-2
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1-3
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
2-3
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
2-4
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
2-5
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-5
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4-5
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4-6

Tanasugarn def. Mauresmo
6-2 6-4

Congrats Tammy! :bigclap: Whilst she got a bit lucky in the first, overall she was the sharper player, but still the match was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests, Momo :hug: Some slight changes and you'll be a major force on the grass :yeah:

Kevin.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 07:30 PM
Tammy :D :woohoo: :eek: your first title!

Imperfect Angel
Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:01 PM
:eek: Momo :hug:
Well done Tammy!Congrats on your first title!:worship:

GracefulVenus
Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:00 PM
Congrats Tammy, sooooooooooo proud of you. Momo :sad:

Vamos.
Aug 4th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Well done Tammy:worship:...better player!

Momo is still absolutely ecstatic with this tournament. Her breakthrough tournament. Oh the joy!

Medina
Aug 4th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I will do Results now!!!!

Medina
Aug 4th, 2007, 01:10 AM
(1) Harkleroad/Chakvetadze vs Kirilenko/Paszek

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/593/hgh697.jpg

(1) Harkleroad/Chakvetadze d. Kirilenko/Paszek 6-3 6-3

The world nuumber 1's came out and showed some fine form today, defeating a strong team, that just fell out of the seed's

(4) Bremond/Mauresmo vs Krajicek/Peer

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3261/GYI0000545170072922_1024x768.jpg

Krajicek/Peer d. (4) Bremond/Mauremo 7-5 6-2

The Grass cout specialist weresnt really lucky today with many cointosses, Krajicek/Peer were down in the first set 5-2, But they both fought and ended up winning the match

Jankovic/Pennetta vs (3) Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/522/bilde1ga3.jpg

(3) Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino d Jankovic/Pennetta 6-3 7-5

Tammy and LDL, still feel at home after the clay, with Tammy having more variety on teh grass.

Stosur/Golovin Vs (2) Henin/Molik

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/510/74808453MT279_The_Champions070615_1024x768.jpg

(2) Henin/Molik d Stosur/Golovin 6-3 4-6 6-3

Good Match from sotsur golovin, they changed thier tatic now they steel a set from the wolr dnumber 2. Bad Luck though Henin/Molik weer just alot more stronger today!

Medina
Aug 4th, 2007, 01:12 AM

updated draw!

Kevin.
Aug 4th, 2007, 01:14 AM
thanks everyone for the congrats!

Momo great breakthrough for you :yeah:

Tammy and LDL let's win this!

MH0861
Aug 4th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Maria K. :eek: :lol: What a beatdown. :o

Ms. Kirilenko humbly requests the honor of player of the week for making her first career SF. :)

Medina
Aug 4th, 2007, 01:56 AM
(1) Harkleroad/Chakvetadze vs Krajicek/Peer

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3201/4f399fdf-83da-457a-9048-900a74ab190c.jpg

(1) Harkleroad/Chakvetadze d. Krajicek/Peer 4-6 7-5 7-5

What a match, If there wasnt a cointoss in the last set, Krajciek Peer would ahve won. Good Luck in the finals Harkleroad/Chakvetadze u had a marthon match!

(3) Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino Vs (2) Henin/Molik

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/takako_moriyama/14416984BellaMedina76200744913AM.jpg

(3) Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino d. (2) Henin/Molik 6-1 6-1

The Dominating team, Really ran into a team that was to strong for them today, Tammy, LDL u had good points, Good luck in the final (tammy in another final :p)

Kevin.
Aug 4th, 2007, 02:03 AM
final later?

Let's go LDL/Tammy

Tammy go for the double

Medina
Aug 4th, 2007, 02:05 AM

Updated draw!!:
Finals coming up!

Alizé Molik
Aug 4th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Marion congratulates Tammy on finally winning a title after she was beaten by the world number 1 6-1 6-2 in the Amelia Island final :p

good tournament everyone thanks Medina (i'll send points next week)and Dav !

Medina
Aug 4th, 2007, 02:37 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/takako_moriyama/Harkleroadshrink.jpghttp://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/takako_moriyama/Chakvetadzeshrink-1.jpg
Vs
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/takako_moriyama/TammyShrink.jpghttp://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/takako_moriyama/LDLShrink.jpg

0-1 (Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino)
X
X
X
1-1
X
X
X
2-1 (Harkleroad/Chakvetadze)
X
X
X
2-2
X
X
X
3-2 (Harkleroad/Chakvetadze)
X
X
X
3-3
X
X
X
3-4 (Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino)
X
X
X
3-5
X
X
X
3-6

Game and first Set Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino

Medina
Aug 4th, 2007, 02:41 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/takako_moriyama/Harkleroadshrink.jpghttp://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/takako_moriyama/Chakvetadzeshrink-1.jpg
Vs
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/takako_moriyama/TammyShrink.jpghttp://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/takako_moriyama/LDLShrink.jpg

0-1 (Tanasguarn/Dominguez Lino)
X
X
X
0-2
X
X
X
0-3
X
X
X
0-4
X
X
X
1-4
X
X
X
1-5
X
X
X
1-6

Game Set Match, 6-3 6-1

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/522/bildend6.jpg

Good Match, From both. Tammy and LDL got thier 3rd ATT doubles title, And Tammy got her 2nd title in this tournament, Harkleroad/Chakvetadze :hug: U took down some hard opponenets

Kevin.
Aug 4th, 2007, 02:45 AM
number 3 for Tammy and LDL :woohoo:
congrats

The Daviator
Aug 4th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Great week for Tammy! :eek: :yeah:

Medina
Aug 4th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Great week for Tammy! :eek: :yeah:

I know ey, hes really lucky i want Article of the week, pick me Pick me :p

I Think Kirilenko Deserves it!