PDA

View Full Version : Serena! Prototype For Players in the Future?

TSequoia01
Jul 8th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Serena is developing into what tennisplayers will aspire to be in the future. She virtually now does not have a weakness and will only get better.

1. Serve - truly an awesome weapon. Powerful and versatile. Everyone was in awe at how Amelie served Jen off the court. Serena promptly went out and served Mauresmo off the court.

2. Return - Punishing is all that can be said. Seems like she forces opponents into DF's. There is always debate on who has the best return of service, but no one is feared probably as much as Serena.

3. Groundstrokes - Right up there with the elite. Serena's angles are becoming the best in the game. She will run you ragged.

4. Netplay - Volleys are improving and only will get better.

5. Court Coverage - Blazing speed sideline to sideline. Extremely explosive from baseline to net. No one does it better.

6. Defensive lobs - Recently has hit some awesome topspin lobs, jaw dropping as a matter of fact.

7.Slices - She is developing forehand and backhand slices. She will improve in this area as well.

8. Defense - She is right up there with Venus and Capriati.

9. Power - The leader in overall power (serve and groundstrokes)

10. Mental Toughness & Determination - Once a liability now a strength.

:angel: also accessorizes her outfits the best :)

Kart
Jul 8th, 2002, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure if I like the slices, she really doesn't need them. She has no weaknesses at the moment, why create one simply for the point of 'improving' ? Unless she develops a Graf or a Novotna style of slice I suppose then it only really sets up a winner for her opponent.

She should stick with her current winning formula for the time being IMHO - it's head and shoulders above everyone else.

TSequoia01
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Kart
I'm not sure if I like the slices, she really doesn't need them. She has no weaknesses at the moment, why create one simply for the point of 'improving' ? Unless she develops a Graf or a Novotna style of slice I suppose then it only really sets up a winner for her opponent.

She should stick with her current winning formula for the time being IMHO - it's head and shoulders above everyone else.

Kart I was thinking about that hook slice she hit against Amelie, wondering how effective it would have been if closer to the line. As it was Amelie had to run off the court to return it. Yep for a backhand winner crosscourt. Still...... :confused: