PDA

View Full Version : Nothing stops her

John A Roark
Jul 22nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Has anyone else been watching Mary blossom? I mean, nothing seems to affect this woman. The effort to overcome the injury seems to roll off her back, as with the rest of the problems she's encountered.

Being a strong Christian myself, I choose to credit that to 'the peace of God which passes all understanding.' But to whatever you wish to ascribe it, the results are plain: Mary continues to shine as a woman, her tennis career notwithstanding.
All of us who follow her know of the work and sacrifice she has put into her recovery and rebuilding. I for one hope it leads to another resurgence in her game so we can watch her do what we all love to see her do, that which she does so well.
But as a guest commenter for TV, as the recipient of the street at this year's Roland Garros, simply as a 32-year-old woman finding the best in her life and taking as much from that as she can...she's blooming. I have watched her through many stages of life; perhaps only in 2000 with her slam victory did she have this much radiance, this clear beauty, this love of life. Mind you, these observations come only from casual contact through the press, much as I wish it were different. It is possible that she harbors fears, resentments, fatigue, or any number of adverse feelings under the calm surface she shows us.

But do you know, I just don't think so.

What a darling. What an athlete. What a woman.
Go, Mary Caroline, go!

garyclark
Jul 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Very well said!

Sund7101
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:26 AM
It's true nothing seems to stop this woman. Can't wait for her return!

vanillalatte
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:21 AM
lalala. so do i :)

Mark Spruce
Aug 7th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Mary is amazing and an imspiration