PDA

View Full Version : Good bye to Wimbledon 2002 and Evert

TeeRexx
Jul 8th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Just couldn't leave the 2002 Wimbledon without saying "good bye" to the rain, petunias and streakers.
From a Williams fan standpoint, this event was a massive success with SERENA getting the top women's title.

However, I would like to give a parting "go to hell" to Ms. Evert and her usual kiss-of-death predictions.
She not only took out her faves to win, but mainly put her mojo on VENUS once again.

Evert, don't pick VENUS to win the U.S. Open. And don't pick SERENA for that matter. Please choose one of your faves, i.e. Davenport, Henin or Capriati this time.

Congrats to VENUS and SERENA for winning trophies and of course, the big checks. :)

Sam L
Jul 8th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Are you stalking Chris Evert? :p

TeeRexx
Jul 8th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Stalking Evert? I need to end the reign of this vampiress who sucks the winning life from my faves.

Where did I put my wooden stake?

Halardfan
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Evert is not the only one who put her jinx on Venus... is she Mr Rexx?

Remind me who you said would win again... :p

Not to mention the French Open...who did you loudly say would win that?

Don't deflect the attention onto Evert...its YOU who are to blame! :p

;)

:wavey:

The time to defect to Serena has surely come... :wavey:

TeeRexx
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:29 PM
No Apprentice Ba, I predicted previous wins for VENUS.
YOU may, in fact, be that jinx with your sudden support of baby sis and your vast knowledge of the dark side of the Force. :p

Halardfan
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Serena scarcely needed my knowledge of the force in those two finals...she had more than enough to get the job done. :) :p

A few months back some wise soul predicted Serena was about to become the dominant sister.

Oh yes, it was me. :)

She has done wonders for my FFC team! :) Thanks Serena! :)

TeeRexx
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:41 PM
You are trying to turn poor SERENA to your evil side of the Force, eh Ba?
VENUS will reset the powers of the Force in New York.

I hope. :)

SerenasMelons
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:46 PM
I will miss Wimbledon too. I know a lot of people hate Chris Evert and John McEnroe, but I really enjoy listening to them. They are funny and have good chemistry. I like when they argue. Its fun listening to them during a boring match, they'll just start talking about something that happened in their past. Its listening to tennis greats talk about their experiences.

Oh well. No more Chris Evert, but there will be plenty of Johnny MAC at the Open.

Halardfan
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:51 PM
I sense much fear in you Mr Rexx...fear is the path to the darkside.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

And so on.

I see you as a Jango Fett type these days Mr Rexx, just before Samuel L Jackson kicked his ass. :)

:wavey: :p

TeeRexx
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:46 AM
I will not loose my head over this issue, Darth Ba.
VENUS will be back winning slams one again, oh evil one. :)

Halardfan
Jul 9th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Speaking of which...a Brit film magazine had a query about the bit where Jango Fett loses his head...

When little Boba picks up the Jango's helmet, why doesn't his dad's head fall out??? Answer that if you can. :)

Also, why does Obi-Wan allow Darth Vader to kill him in Star Wars???

Makes no sense.

Still, I love the films dearly, and Attack of the Clones was great fun, especially Yoda and his lightsaber...

Hard to see the darkside is, Mr Tee "Palpatine" Rexx. :)