PDA

View Full Version : About Fila

Come-on-kim
Jul 8th, 2002, 12:29 PM
In fact, until the end of this year, Kim has a deal with Fila Belgium and after, for the next 3 years, she'll have one with Fila International

spiritfullfrog
Jul 10th, 2002, 03:51 AM
what happened to nike?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

i thought her nike clothes were nicer.....

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cilla
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Nike didn't want Kim to continue being sponsored by Siemens but she did so she left Nike. Siemens sponsors Justine as well.

spiritfullfrog
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:54 AM
i wuz just wondering if any of you know why kim suddenly changed from nike to filsa.
i liked her wearing nike especially lleyton does as well and they look so cute together especially if they're both wearing nike!

pcabenojar
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:22 AM
NIke clothing looks good on Kim, but the Fila outfit that Kim wore at the US Open were great too. :)

Sep 19th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Why didn't Nike want Kim to also be sponsored by Siemens?

pcabenojar
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:57 AM
I don't really know the exact reason....but I noticed that for some of the players like Lindsay Davenport (who is also sponsored by Nike) , they don't have other sponsors that they put their logo on their shirt....... maybe except for Sanex WTA, so I guess Nike wants Kim to do the same.

With Kim, I think the deal with Siemens & Belgacom(??) are good delas. I mean with the earnings that she gets and to mention the "tax" that goes with it, little is left with Kim after all those airfares, coach fees & other expenses deducted. So she just have to strike while the iron is hot!

Go kim!!

KaseyL
Sep 24th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by pcabenojar
I don't really know the exact reason....but I noticed that for some of the players like Lindsay Davenport (who is also sponsored by Nike) , they don't have other sponsors that they put their logo on their shirt....... maybe except for Sanex WTA, so I guess Nike wants Kim to do the same.

that was the case with Nike, apparently.

With Kim, I think the deal with Siemens & Belgacom(??) are good delas. I mean with the earnings that she gets and to mention the "tax" that goes with it, little is left with Kim after all those airfares, coach fees & other expenses deducted. So she just have to strike while the iron is hot!

It's Belgacom, indeed.

Re Kim's income I can't agree.

I wouldn't say that she ends up with little in net earnings. She is probably the best earning Belgian of 19 years old. Don't forget that she already has earned more than $ 2 million (prize money ONLY), while only being full-time at the tour since last year. Even if she would stop today, she won't exactly end up in poverty; she should be just fine for the rest of her life if she doesn't do crazy things. (She repeatedly states she isn't interested in luxurous lifestyles btw)

Being a Belgian citizen, she is worse off than most of the tour when it comes to taxes (high taxes in Belgium).
However, a big part of her earnings are made abroad, so she has to pay taxes in these countries too, what usually is at least a small advantage in net earnings, compared to money she'd make in Belgium...

I agree that the cost for a coach, physio and all that comes with travelling, takes a lot out too, but even then, it's still far from a bad situation.

A Belgian journalist brought this topic up to her dad lately. The reply was that she was doing well "but please donít be blinded by all that prize money. Half goes off. On top of that take another Ä 375,000 into account for her and her coach to cover all kinds of expenses or costs such as travel, hotels, food, phone calls, and then the contract with the coach. You will have totally different figures." This amount Lei mentioned was before she hired a physio btw.

Kim could make a lot more money, even only in Belgium, if she would go for more deals. She doesn't do that, though. That's on purpose, as the Clijsters family usually refuse most of the business proposals to offer Kim an as normal life as possible. Having a good time outside tennis is more important to them than doing one commercial after the other, or some other commercial deals.
So she isn't exactly getting the most $ out of being a top player, far from it.

pcabenojar
Sep 24th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Thanks so much KaseyL! I owe you one! I completely agree with what you said! Kim earns well and to think that she's only 19.

I'm glad that she is blessed with great parents that only want what's best for her :)

billybizar
Sep 24th, 2002, 10:39 AM
In avoiding the high taxes in Belgium why doesn't she for example move to Monaco like some other famous (Belgian) sportspeople?

Peridotpixie
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:31 PM
I think Kim will be fine in terms of money...the guy she's already bought property with and will probably end up marrying has PLENTY of it. ;)
But putting that aside, Kim probably still ends up with a nice looking salary. If she needed more money, she would take more deals.

KaseyL
Sep 24th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by billybizar
In avoiding the high taxes in Belgium why doesn't she for example move to Monaco like some other famous (Belgian) sportspeople?

she has to live there for most of the time then (unless she'd fancy to risk some tax fraud trouble...).

Last year it was asked during a press conference, and the reply was that it was out of the question.

Lleyton was asked about housing early this Spring, in the US (think it was during the San Jose tournament). They asked whether he planned to buy property in the US. He replied that with two places (Australia, Belgium) it would be enough.

She likes Bree too much too, isn't building the house for nothing.
Lleyton doesn't seem to have any tax evasion plans either (although South Australia is quite in the similar range of tax levels as Belgium). He owns land in Adelaide, and according to an article from Dutch NRC Handelsblad last year it was even bought by the couple. This isn't confirmed by Kim so far, though.

billybizar
Sep 25th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Tx for the info