PDA

View Full Version : For the Lleyki's: Kim cheats sometimes! ;)

KaseyL
Jul 8th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Cute article for the Lleyki community! :D

Here's an article in today's La Libre (Belgian newspaper, and NO tabloid btw, it's a serious newspaper):

Here's my summary and translation:

Kim Clijsters has revealed a few little secrets re her fiancé.
'It's unbelievable. He only loses when he's playing cards!'

July 8, 2002, La Libre

Summarized, translated

It was by going to ask for an autograph for her sister Elke, now 2 and a half years ago at the Australian Open, that the young Limburg girl met Lleyton for the first time. A few days later, they met again in the corridors of Melbourne Park and started to chat about this and that, like the youngsters of their age traditionally do. And they are together since that moment…

Kim doesn’t like to talk too much about her relation with the world number one. That’s understandable. After all, everyone is entitled to privacy. However she agreed to tell a few little secrets during the past two weeks in Wimbledon.

‘Its quite fabulous being together. He is Australian and I am Belgian but that doesn’t hinder that all goes very well between us. We aren’t worried about what others think of us, and we hardly read newspapers. And besides, it’s nice to have a house at the other side of the world’, she says with a smile.

‘We only talk a little bit about tennis when we are together. I think that it’s so much better to have someone who understands your feelings. I can really imagine how he is feeling after a victory or a defeat and that’s also the case for him. That helps a lot.’

Kim and Lleyton don’t miss any opportunity to be together. Defeated in the semis in Barcelona last April, Lleyton immediately took a flight the same evening to be with his fiancée who was playing the Fed Cup against Australia in Brussels. Kim didn’t hesitate to stay in London after her defeat in the second round at Wimbledon, to encourage Lleyton until the end.

‘I practise with Lleyton from time to time, but I can’t even take a tie-break from him. That’s very frustrating because it’s the same with table tennis, badminton or squash. Sometimes I manage to cheat him though. (:D) In fact the only game I can win from him is at cards! He gets so sick of it that he doesn’t want to continue then. So I have to accept that he is better in all other sports. That’s really typically Lleyton! He has such a hunger to win that I am quite confident when he steps on court.’

Lleyki
Jul 8th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Aw that's soo sweet :)

Thx for the article :kiss:

Hawk
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Cool article, Thanks

Well at least she has cards lol

ceetje
Jul 8th, 2002, 03:04 PM
thanks for the nice article :D

Mitzi
Jul 8th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Great article, thanks :)

Mazza
Jul 8th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Thanx for the article! :D hehe! No-one mess with Kim when it comes to cards! :p

Cilla
Jul 8th, 2002, 05:48 PM
This article was in the News of the world as well. They had a pic of LL and Kim and a speech bubble around her head saying "Why does Lleyton only let me win at cards!":p

Frau Antje
Jul 8th, 2002, 08:32 PM
:D this is such a sweet article :D

ßcoene
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the nice article.

irma
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:40 AM
LOL :D

rockchick161
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Are they ENGAGED?!!!!
Because I thought they kept denying it, but in the article...

Love ya,
~Anni
xxx

I LOVE LLEYTON HEWITT!!!:wavey:

Lleyki
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Rockchick :wavey:

Nope they aren't engaged (yet ;))