PDA

View Full Version : US Open. January 2004 - August 2007. RIP Tati's career.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Harju.
Jul 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Viva Tati!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zombielicious
Jul 19th, 2007, 04:48 PM
:rolls:

Come on and kick some ass Tati!

Jirku
Jul 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I want a Tati vs Daniela final :worship:

And Tati have to kick Bartoli out :yeah:
Show her who's the best player off France :tape:

Harju.
Jul 19th, 2007, 04:55 PM
AS long as it's not your ass that gets kicked. :scared:

.:sk:.
Jul 19th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Can't wait... Tati is always a big contender on US-hardcourts :bounce:

Slutiana
Jul 19th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Yep go tati...on monday it all begins...im away:sad: i wont get the results until friday. Hopefully she'll still be in the tournament then.

yukon145
Jul 19th, 2007, 08:42 PM
vamos Tati.

the draw is tomorrow, i think Tati will be the 6th seed but i'm not sure because there have been a lot of withdraws.

selyoink
Jul 20th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Please have a good summer Tati.

Bubba08
Jul 20th, 2007, 03:55 AM
So it seems she will play in Stanford, San Diego, Los Angeles and Toronto. 4 tournaments in a row, I hope her ankles will be ok. :unsure:

evan2907
Jul 20th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Mats Wilander will be Golovin's coach during US season (LA, Toronto, USO) on the initiative of the French Federation. The collaboration will maybe be continued after.

Zombielicious
Jul 20th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Ooohh... Wow.

Good luck Tats+Mats! :hearts:

selyoink
Jul 20th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Interesting.

I guarantee you he won't be her coach after the US Open though. That would be way too long for Tati.

Jul 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Mats is cool :bounce:

Harju.
Jul 20th, 2007, 05:59 PM
At least she has a coach for now. And also we can judge how serious Tati is about her career. Mats is a legend. If she can dump him in less than two months then, we all know something is wrong with Tati.

Great news though! But please do not expect wonders yet, guys.

Rod the Bama
Jul 20th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I think Mats will be a great help for Tati IMO. I really hope Tati will stay with him for a while.

yukon145
Jul 20th, 2007, 08:26 PM
so he won't be with her for Stanford and San Diego?

i also hope that this pairing lasts for a long time, Tati needs a full time coach, not just a trainer.

Jirku
Jul 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
oh no :rolleyes: i so don't like that guy :help:
he can whine and whine with his commentating...
i hope he is good enough as a coach

rseto
Jul 21st, 2007, 03:22 AM
very interesting. but it totally sounds like a temporary arrangement on both sides. mats has a lot of other jobs and i think he would rather coach rog rather than tats. has he coached a wta player before?

as for tati, guess this is the benefit of being close with the FFT. they can bring in a big name for a coach. hopefully tati will be motivated to learn from a grand slam champion.

ZAK
Jul 21st, 2007, 03:23 AM
(1)Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) v BYE
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v (wc)Amber Liu (USA)

Viktoria Azarenka (BLR) v Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
(7)Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) v Olga Poutchkova (RUS)

(3)Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v BYE
Elena Bovina (RUS) v Shuai Peng (CHN)

(wc)Catalina Castano (COL) v Q
(5)Shahar Peer (ISR) v Q

(6)Tatiana Golovin (FRA) v Q
Akiko Morigami (JPN) v Sania Mirza (IND)

Julia Vakulenko (UKR) v Q
(4)Patty Schnyder (SUI) v BYE

(8)Sybille Bammer (AUT) v Ai Sugiyama (JPN)
Meghann Shaughnessy (USA) v Meilen Tu (USA)

Jill Craybas (USA) v (wc)Lilia Osterloh (USA)
(2)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v BYE

It'll be pretty tough. Both Morigami and Mirza are playing well, but atleast it seems Schnyder isn't. Tati vs. Marion semi ? :devil:

rseto
Jul 21st, 2007, 03:55 AM
not a bad draw for tati except for a possible 2nd round against mirza.

if they face, that will be a night match with about a thousand fans cheering for sania.

yukon145
Jul 21st, 2007, 04:09 AM

if they face, that will be a night match with about a thousand fans cheering for sania.

and in Tati's head they will be cheering "Tania, Tania!" :lol:

selyoink
Jul 21st, 2007, 05:56 AM
Tati will lose to Morigami if they play in the second round. I'd much prefer her to face Mirza. Otherwise not a bad draw at all.

Jul 21st, 2007, 07:32 AM
The draw is OK for Tati. A qualifier in the first round: In the qualies the is no one dangerous. The second round hopefully vs. Sania. Then Schynder and in the semis Marion. With a bit of luck Tati can reach the final... :p

Harju.
Jul 21st, 2007, 08:01 AM
It's a crap draw for the first two rounds. Good luck :scared:
A first round loss would be a tragedy and a happy occasion for GMtards.

Jirku
Jul 21st, 2007, 10:22 AM

why would they cheer for mirza ? Or have stanford that many indian people ?

all those americans better support tati :p
but i think it will be vs morigami

Jirku
Jul 21st, 2007, 10:22 AM
i have no idea what to think about the draw so long she isn't back on her level from begin this season

Craigy
Jul 21st, 2007, 10:58 AM
If she wins a couple of matches that will be good. Lets just consider this as a warm up tournament. :p

Jirku
Jul 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM
If she wins a couple of matches that will be good. Lets just consider this as a warm up tournament. :p

why everyone have to see Stanford as a warm up tournament, daniela said that too after her loss last year, i couldn't laugh with it so not again :p

hablo
Jul 21st, 2007, 02:55 PM
1)Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) v BYE
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v (wc)Amber Liu (USA)

Viktoria Azarenka (BLR) v Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
(7)Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) v Olga Poutchkova (RUS)

(3)Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v BYE
Elena Bovina (RUS) v Shuai Peng (CHN)

(wc)Catalina Castano (COL) v Q
(5)Shahar Peer (ISR) v Q

(6)Tatiana Golovin (FRA) v Q
Akiko Morigami (JPN) v Sania Mirza (IND)

Julia Vakulenko (UKR) v Q
(4)Patty Schnyder (SUI) v BYE

(8)Sybille Bammer (AUT) v Ai Sugiyama (JPN)
Meghann Shaughnessy (USA) v Meilen Tu (USA)

Jill Craybas (USA) v (wc)Lilia Osterloh (USA)
(2)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v BYE
Drawing Morigami so early. :scared:
I still remember all the troubles she gave Venus. :mad:
I don't despise Bartoli. You guys are making too much of a big deal of what was said during Fed Cup. ;)

Craigy
Jul 21st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Drawing Morigami so early. :scared:
I still remember all the troubles she gave Venus. :mad:
I don't despise Bartoli. You guys are making too much of a big deal of what was said during Fed Cup. ;)

Tati won't hit forehands into the barrier. And Tati won't hit 8 doubles faults in 1 set. :hearts:

rseto
Jul 21st, 2007, 03:47 PM
why would they cheer for mirza ? Or have stanford that many indian people ?

lot of indians down the road in san jose and silicon valley.

tati was able to beat morigami in 2 sets earlier this year in fed cup.

Zombielicious
Jul 21st, 2007, 04:20 PM
Good luck Tati, im very behind you even if you do play MarBar in the semis (...:unsure:... if you get that far... pleasepleaseplease) because I will always be cheering for you. :hug:

Kick some ass! Or... as much as you can! Hehe.

Jirku
Jul 21st, 2007, 05:51 PM
lot of indians down the road in san jose and silicon valley..

that sucks

tati was able to beat morigami in 2 sets earlier this year in fed cup.

i guess that was for someone else, cause i don't see her losing to anyone :lol: (not even JH ) :tape: :p

Jul 22nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Tati plays doubles together with Shuai Peng in Stanford :eek: :

(1) Srebotnik/Sugiyama vs. (WC) Liu/Yelsey
Morigami/Tu vs. Fedak/Henke
(4) Daniilidou/Kirilenko vs. Azarenka/Chakvetadze
Dekmeijere/Senoglu vs. Nakamura/Pin

Amanmuradova/Bachmann vs. Castano/Craybas
Poutchek/Rodionova vs. (3) Mirza/Peer
Golovin/Peng vs. Kops-Jone/Osterloh
Hsieh/Kudryavtseva vs. (2) Husarova/Shaughnessy

http://bankofthewestclassic.com/uploads/editor/docs/BOTWDoublesDraw.pdf

Zombielicious
Jul 22nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
Wow... I never knew that Shuai and Tati were aquainted... :shrug:

Good luck to them both! Hehe, future doubles champions? :)

yukon145
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:27 PM
i find this doubles team sorta odd.

anyways best of luck to them.

Rod the Bama
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
I`m very surprised that Tati is playing doubles. Hopefully she and Shuai can get a win or two.

Harju.
Jul 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
Tati/Peng :hearts:

It's good that she plays doubles. At this point, she needs to play as many matches as possible. Good luck Tats.

selyoink
Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:09 PM
Tati/Peng :hearts:

It's good that she plays doubles. At this point, she needs to play as many matches as possible. Good luck Tats.

Well I guess it is good if one doubles match can provide any help because surely they will lose first round.

ZAK
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:50 AM
She'll play Kutuzova tomorrow on Stadium court, and will play doubles later on the same court

selyoink
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:31 AM
She better beat Kutuzova.

Zombielicious
Jul 24th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Good luck Tats!

Jirku
Jul 24th, 2007, 05:15 AM
match is to late for me im afraid, but win in two :) :woohoo:

yukon145
Jul 24th, 2007, 05:16 AM
best of luck Tati.

nouf
Jul 24th, 2007, 07:37 AM
"Tatiana can pass by me and not even say hello, so I'm sure she's not going to congratulate me," Bartoli said.

Harju.
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:28 PM
K Obviously both of them are not in a good terms LOL. But this going to be a fun rivalry in the future.

Good luck Tati against Vika.

Jul 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Good luck Tati in singles & doubles :wavey:

selyoink
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:42 PM
K Obviously both of them are not in a good terms LOL. But this going to be a fun rivalry in the future.

Good luck Tati against Vika.

They won't face each other enough for a real rivalry to develop methinks.

Harju.
Jul 24th, 2007, 01:23 PM
They won't face each other enough for a real rivalry to develop methinks.
If Tati gets beaten 3-6 0-6 all the time, someone's going to be someone's bitch :tape:.

I just hope Tati can win a couple of matches here. At least defend her points. And also, I just hope there won't be another raping if she really faces Marion on the SF because GMtards will strike big time.

rseto
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:48 PM
If Tati gets beaten 3-6 0-6 all the time, someone's going to be someone's bitch :tape:.

that score isn't suprising anymore. if tati can't hold her nerves against ordinary opponents, how can she do it playing against someone she doesn't like?

anyway, get 2 wins today tati.

"Pierce sent her a text message, as did French president Nicolas Sarkozy, but none of the rest of her fellow players did."

and allez french fed cup players! :lol:

Jirku
Jul 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM
"Tatiana can pass by me and not even say hello, so I'm sure she's not going to congratulate me," Bartoli said.

:haha: i so hope they play against each other in the semi's :lol:

Zombielicious
Jul 24th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Nice avatar Jirku. ;) :inlove:

Jirku
Jul 24th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Nice avatar Jirku. ;) :inlove:

thx ;) she's :hearts: :drool:

Jirku
Jul 24th, 2007, 08:14 PM
what are the odds for tati's knickers today ?

2-1 red , 4-1 pink , 8-2 blue ?

should make a vcash bet for it :tape:

hablo
Jul 24th, 2007, 10:12 PM

What's so hard about saying hello Tati? :tape:

It's sad to hear such things.

Anyhow, usually such match-ups are letdowns. But ALLEZ Tati. :o

Iceland
Jul 24th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Great job so far for Tati (62 10). The match is under her control, she manages to stay tough & focused on the crucial moments saving all the BPs for example. I am particularly glad that she will work with Mats, I hope it won't be a short relation, she has many things to learn from him.

yukon145
Jul 25th, 2007, 12:13 AM
you have to realize that when Tati lost to Bartoli, Tati was playing like shit.

she had just lost first round of the Aussie to Santangelo and seemed lost on court. she only started to play well a few weeks later at the Paris indoors tourny and i think Tati herself said she was suprised to do so well there (she made the semis and almost beat Amelie) because she had not been playing well in the earlier weeks.

so i wouldn't look too much into that one match.

Zombielicious
Jul 25th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Tatiana won, 6-2 6-2

:)

Iceland
Jul 25th, 2007, 12:42 AM
She won 62 62. Routine victory with some difficulties to hold in the second set, she had to save BPs in two different games.
It seems that Fed Cup hasn't affected her too much. Good to know, I would love her to win her second title there.

Morigami or Mirza will be a real test now. A two sets win would be really welcome. Allez Tati !

yukon145
Jul 25th, 2007, 12:46 AM
nice start for the summer hardcourts, lets keep it up now.

Natalicious
Jul 25th, 2007, 12:55 AM
really nice start :D
good luck in the doubles aswell

Rod the Bama
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Good win for Tati. :clap2: It`s nice to see her get off to a great start with an easy win.

Il Primo!
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Tati is really growing in me these past mounths :hearts::unsure: Wish her good luck for Stanford. And Tati, please dudette, make sure you ANNIHILATE Marion en route to the final title. Thanks :D

Zombielicious
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Tati/Shuai leading 4-0 so far. :)

Zombielicious
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:46 AM
6-0 1-1 so far!! Wow, the first set is just... wow. Tati/Shuai are doing great!

yukon145
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:53 AM
6-0 1-1 so far!! Wow, the first set is just... wow. Tati/Shuai are doing great!

yeah but look who they are playing.

TennisPlayingFox
Jul 25th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Very nice win Tati! Good luck in round 2! Shuai/Tati up 6-0, 4-2

Zombielicious
Jul 25th, 2007, 02:05 AM
So? Its still good. As long as they are winning and their confidence is up and they are playing well it doesn't really matter.

Zombielicious
Jul 25th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Tats/Shuai def. Kops-Jones/Osterloh 6-0 6-2

Good win girls! Keep it up! :)

Rod the Bama
Jul 25th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Good win for Tati and Shuai. :clap2:

ZAK
Jul 25th, 2007, 02:46 AM
Peng coached by Chang, Tati coached by Wilander. I hope they keep playing so we can see two legends watching them in stands, how cool?

selyoink
Jul 25th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Impressive win from Tati in the singles. Glad to see she demolished her opponent as she should have.

Next round will be much more challenging.

selyoink
Jul 25th, 2007, 03:30 AM

That was just one worthless match. Look at some of the beatings Bartoli took earlier this year. She has been bagelled an astonishing 7 times this year for a player ranked 11th world. Not only that but she got a measly two games from Severine earlier in the year and Severine has been helpless this year.

So you can't take much from one match or even a string of matches. If your not in good form you will get crushed as Tati did against Bartoli and as Bartoli did a lot early in the year.

yukon145
Jul 25th, 2007, 03:43 AM
Tati actually did bring back the red knickers for her first match today. there is one pic up at getty and she is wearing her wimbledon outfit.

Jirku
Jul 25th, 2007, 05:35 AM
easy wins :woohoo: :banana:

and the red knickers :worship:

Jul 25th, 2007, 07:20 AM
:woohoo:

Great day for Tati. These wins will give her the confidence back.:)

Today she won't play any match so one day to rest.:zzz:

Vs. Mirza it will be a hard match but I'm sure Tati will win it.:worship:

Look like Tati and Peng are a good team :hearts: but their opponents were really bad...

rseto
Jul 25th, 2007, 07:59 AM
saw the match and the 2nd set was tougher than the 1st. in the 2nd, tati kept losing the early points of her service games and kutuzova seemed to get into the match but it still ended in a 6-2 set.

it was hard to tell her form from this match. but mirza will be a good test with the crowd against her too.

tati is also working with a new trainer. and tati and peng seemed to have a good time in doubles. they even walked off the court together chatting!

ZAK
Jul 25th, 2007, 08:02 AM
I'm glad she has a new trainer! And I've never really liked Peng before but all of a sudden I like them as a doubles team. Too bad for me, as Tati never keeps a partner for long

Iceland
Jul 25th, 2007, 08:25 AM
If she goes far with Shuai, they will probably keep this parternship. I am not surprised of this friendship, they have the passion of injuries in common :lol::help::o.

Great win, keep going girls !

Zombielicious
Jul 25th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Tati/Shuai... :hearts:

But I'm kinda sad that Tati has no outfit, let alone a diffrent color pair of knickers! I want to see blue knickers! :haha:

Mirza... Wow. I have alot of faith in Tati that she can beat Sania. Tati head to head leads Sania 2-0 and one win was on hardcourt.

Come on Tati, I know you can do it!

Jirku
Jul 25th, 2007, 03:25 PM
i still hope one day she plays doubles with daniela, and most off all in Antwerp or Rosmalen, so i can take a lot of pics lol

Harju.
Jul 25th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Before I start my usual rants. Articles time :cool:

#1.

No. 19 Tatiana Golovin of France crushed Viktoriya Kutuzova, of Ukraine 6-2, 6-2. Golovin, 19, was a semifinalist in last year's Bank of the West Classic.
Golovin has taken on a new coach, Mats Wilander, who won seven Grand Slam titles during his career.
"I'm just looking forward to it. I don't know what to expect and I don't know how it's going to work out," Golovin said.

STANFORD, California (Reuters) - Tatiana Golovin and Shahar Peer led a trio of seeds into the second round of the Stanford Classic on Tuesday after the pair recorded straight sets victories in their opening encounters.
French sixth seed Golovin eased to a 6-2 6-2 win over Ukraine's Viktoriya Kutuzova while Israel's Peer, the fifth seed, got off to a slow start before recovering from a 4-0 opening set deficit to defeat France's Camille Pin 7-6 6-2.
They were joined in the last 16 by Austrian eighth seed Sybille Bammer, who raced to a 6-4 6-2 victory over Japan's Ai Sugiyama.
Golovin adopted a conservative approach against the Ukrainian prospect, playing on the back foot and waiting for her opponent to commit errors.
"When I saw her make so many errors, I decided to get ball back and force her into mistakes," Golovin told reporters.
"I served very well, got everything back and that frustrated her."
The 19-year-old Frenchwoman is playing in only her second tour event since injuring her right ankle in late April.
"Knock on wood. Hopefully it's a done deal," she said. :lol: (tati should pray harder)
"I still think about it a little, but when you get in a match you just have to forget about it. Now is the time I have start playing well again."
Next up for Golovin is India's Sania Mirza, who rallied from a set and a break down to overcome Japan's Akiko Morigami 4-6 7-5 7-6.

#3.

Sixth-seeded Tatiana Golovin and eighth-seeded Sybille Bammer were early first-round winners Tuesday.
Golovin, who won her first career WTA Tour title at Amelia Island earlier in the year, topped qualifier Viktoriya Kutuzova 6-2, 6-2. Bammer, who also won her first tour championship at Pattaya City, beat 29th-ranked Ai Sugiyama 6-4, 6-2.
"I had to try and get into a rhythm," Golovin said. "I knew I had to get the ball in and force her to make mistakes."
The 19th-ranked Golovin has been slowed by a right ankle injury since April. She returned to the court at Wimbledon, reaching the second round. Golovin will meet Mirza in the next round.
"I'll see how my ankle holds up," Golovin said. "I still think about it but hopefully it is a done deal."

#4.

STANFORD, California, July 24 (Reuters) - Tatiana Golovin is pleased the French Tennis Federation has hired Swedish Davis Cup captain Mats Wilander to coach her for the rest of the U.S. hardcourt summer.
Seven-times grand slam champion Wilander will begin coaching the 19-year-old Frenchwoman at the WTA Tour event in Los Angeles in two weeks' time and continue through to the Aug 27-Sept 9 U.S. Open.
Golovin, who defeated Ukraine's Victoriya Kutuzova 6-2 6-2 in the first round of the Stanford Classic on Tuesday, said she met with Wilander for lunch in Paris last week and the two hit it off.
"I'm looking forward to it," Golovin said. "I'm sure he's going to have a lot to teach me and talk to me about. Everything I'm going to go through, he's been through, so the experience will help.
"But there's not too many expectations because I don't know how it's going to work out. It's a test to see how we get along and to see if we are on the same page." (she's already making up an excuse to dump him lol)
The 19th-ranked Golovin had a good start to the season, winning her first career title at Amelia Island in April before re-injuring her right ankle, which forced her off the tour for two months.
Primarily a counterpuncher, Golovin is hoping that Wilander can teach her a few new tricks.
"He doesn't like the part of women's tennis where we hit as hard as we can and not really think out there," Golovin said. "He's going to make me think more, see the court better and play more like a guy, which could be better."

Harju.
Jul 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Regarding the match. Like I said in the other thread, you guys made a big deal out of the Fed Cup match. Tati has choked so many times and she always ends up fine. 7 aces is :worship: and any win at this point is a bonus.

Regarding the raping against Marion. This is precisely why I fear their upcoming match if they both reach SF. Tati is not on her best form while Marion is!

ZAK
Jul 25th, 2007, 06:37 PM
If Tati gets to the semis, she'll be in decent enough form.

Jirku
Jul 25th, 2007, 07:28 PM
If Tati gets to the semis, she'll be in decent enough form.

yep :worship: then she's also ready to win the tournament :tape:
i have such a good feeling for this week :)

Zombielicious
Jul 25th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Come on Tati! Get another title under your belt. :)

yukon145
Jul 25th, 2007, 11:31 PM
she just won her first round match. lets not talk about the semis or finals until she gets there. Mirza is next and has been playing well these past few weeks.

selyoink
Jul 26th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Tati should be able to handle Mirza. She is much more consistent.

selyoink
Jul 26th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Tati plays second on Stadium Court tomorrow.

Plus on the tournament webpage there is a picture of her with Raiders Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. An article goes with. Terrible picture though since she is wearing a Raiders hat :mad:

She better not ever wear the Raiders apparell he gave her again :fiery: I hate the Raiders.

yukon145
Jul 26th, 2007, 04:16 AM
good luck tomorrow Tati in both your matches.

yukon145
Jul 26th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Bartoli just lost.

ZAK
Jul 26th, 2007, 04:42 AM
So much for the bitch fight

rseto
Jul 26th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Voodoo Tati strikes! :lol:

selyoink
Jul 26th, 2007, 04:46 AM
All that talk goes for not as I expected.

Jirku
Jul 26th, 2007, 05:29 AM
All that talk goes for not as I expected.

well at least we had a good laugh :lol:

byebye cookiemonster :wavey:

Jul 26th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Bartoli :lol:

Good luck Tati in your matches :wavey:

Zombielicious
Jul 26th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Poor Marion. Its just really sad... #2 seed and all. :sad:

Good luck today Tati! :)

Zombielicious
Jul 26th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Tati plays second on Stadium Court tomorrow.

Plus on the tournament webpage there is a picture of her with Raiders Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. An article goes with. Terrible picture though since she is wearing a Raiders hat :mad:

She better not ever wear the Raiders apparell he gave her again :fiery: I hate the Raiders.

You aren't alone, my friend. :tape: :help:

Put her in a bears hat and a bears coat, kthxbai. :lol:

Harju.
Jul 26th, 2007, 01:12 PM
So much for the match up, I think we've jinxed Marion. :rolls:

Good luck against Sania, Tati.

Zombielicious
Jul 26th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Sania Mirza def. Tatiana Golovin 6-4 6-1

:hysteric:

jmh3137
Jul 26th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Looks like she soundly got her butt kicked in this one.
:smash:

rseto
Jul 26th, 2007, 10:13 PM
guess both tati and marion need to work on their tennis. but after seeing her play on tuesday, i'm not surprised about the loss. tati was struggling to hold serve against a player in the #90s and mirza is a lot better than that. and today from the stats, tati could barely win a point when sania made a 1st serve.

not sure if i want her to win in doubles later tonight. if they win, they won't play before saturday. rather have tati go down early to san diego and start practicing.

Rod the Bama
Jul 26th, 2007, 10:14 PM
What a disaster of a match Tati played. :sad: Very disappointing result from her to get blown out like this to Sania. Obviously Tati still isn`t where she needs to be form wise.

hablo
Jul 26th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I guess I should have been more worried about Mirza than Morigami. :o

yukon145
Jul 27th, 2007, 01:53 AM
damn it Tati.

let's get your game together for next week, best of luck in doubles though. have some fun.

selyoink
Jul 27th, 2007, 02:47 AM
So Tati still sucking then. And to think I wasn't worried about Mirza one bit. I was sure Tati would lose if she played Morigami but equally sure she would win against Mirza.

Jul 27th, 2007, 04:44 AM
OMG Tati :sad:

Bad match. I was so sure that she'll win it... but she has to work on her serve (6 times broken:o )

Let's hope she'll make it better in San Diego.

BTW: Tati/Peng lost the 1st set in the TB. Come on girls!!!

Jul 27th, 2007, 05:16 AM
They lost 6-7 (5) 4-6 :sad:

Zombielicious
Jul 27th, 2007, 06:11 AM
:sad:

Iceland
Jul 27th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Not her day. Not ours either.

Jirku
Jul 27th, 2007, 08:51 AM
omg :sad: i didn't expect this

LefandePatty
Jul 27th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Golopeng. :awww:

nouf
Jul 27th, 2007, 11:39 AM
omg tatiworld comes back plze! lol

Jul 27th, 2007, 11:48 AM
omg tatiworld comes back plze! lol

:rolleyes:

selyoink
Jul 27th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I hope she works her ass off so she can potentially have a positive tournament in San Diego. Another early loss there and her overloaded summer schedule won't seem like such a bad idea.

rseto
Jul 27th, 2007, 03:38 PM
here's something funny about the match that i found. didn't realize tati and sania are such good friends.

Mirza and Golovin were sitting on a couch together chatting in the players' lounge before the match began and took some ribbing for it from fellow players.

"Everyone's was making fun of us. Someone said, 'You should put you chairs together on court.' " :lol:

But the laughs were gone early as Sania stood in close on her returns and inched ahead after serving. On match point, she hit a Graf-like forehand crosscourt that took paint off the courtside tarp.

"She said to me, 'Can you hit it any harder?' " Mirza said with a laugh.

Zombielicious
Jul 27th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I hope she works her ass off so she can potentially have a positive tournament in San Diego.

Same here. :help:

Jirku
Jul 27th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I hope she works her ass off so she can potentially have a positive tournament in San Diego. Another early loss there and her overloaded summer schedule won't seem like such a bad idea.

another insult to her ass ? :lol: :tape:

here's something funny about the match that i found. didn't realize tati and sania are such good friends.

Mirza and Golovin were sitting on a couch together chatting in the players' lounge before the match began and took some ribbing for it from fellow players.

"Everyone's was making fun of us. Someone said, 'You should put you chairs together on court.' " :lol:

But the laughs were gone early as Sania stood in close on her returns and inched ahead after serving. On match point, she hit a Graf-like forehand crosscourt that took paint off the courtside tarp.

"She said to me, 'Can you hit it any harder?' " Mirza said with a laugh.

yeah to bad :(

selyoink
Jul 27th, 2007, 07:37 PM
another insult to her ass ? :lol: :tape:

Not by any means. Just a figure of speech.

I also find that stuff Sania said quite disturbing. Tati seemed to be too nonchalant about the loss. I understand they are good friends and all but Tati didn't seem to care that she lost. I hope that is not the case.

Jirku
Jul 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Not by any means. Just a figure of speech.

I also find that stuff Sania said quite disturbing. Tati seemed to be too nonchalant about the loss. I understand they are good friends and all but Tati didn't seem to care that she lost. I hope that is not the case.

i know it was a figure of speech :p
it was just funny :)

yeah for some reason this tournament brings a lack of motivation above in my players, last year daniela with her ' oh it was just a preparation tournament' and now this :tape:

i think it's time to change her underwear colour

Zombielicious
Jul 28th, 2007, 02:24 AM
I knew she should have worn blue knickers. :sad:

I want so badly for Tati to win a title in the US Open Series!!! Let's hope for San Diegoooo. :tape: Or at least a semi... I don't know! :help:

ZAK
Jul 28th, 2007, 02:25 AM
Let's hope for a second round first :)

Zombielicious
Jul 28th, 2007, 02:26 AM
(1) Maria Sharapova vs. BYE
Laura Granville vs. Tamarine Tanasugarn
Akiko Morigami vs. Qualifier
Gisela Dulko vs. (13) Tatiana Golovin

(12) Shahar Peer vs. Sania Mirza
Jill Craybas vs. Eleni Daniilidou
Camille Pin vs. Qualifier
BYE vs. (8) Dinara Safina

(3) Anna Chakvetadze vs. BYE
Olga Poutchkova vs. Meghann Shaughnessy
Ai Sugiyama vs. Qualifier
Kateryna Bondarenko vs. (15) Sybille Bammer

(10) Venus Williams vs. Anastassia Rodionova
Virginie Razzano vs. Qualifier
Victoria Azarenka vs. Yung-Jan Chan
BYE vs. (6) Daniela Hantuchova

(7) Martina Hingis vs. BYE
Michaella Krajicek vs. Qualifier
Alla Kudryavtseva vs. Julia Vakulenko
Jamea Jackson vs. (11) Patty Schnyder

(14) Alona Bondarenko vs. Peng Shuai
Nicole Pratt vs. Katarina Srebotnik
Elena Bovina vs. (WC) Coco Vandeweghe
BYE vs. (4) Nadia Petrova

(5) Marion Bartoli vs. BYE
Milagros Sequera vs. Qualifier
Qualifier vs. (WC) Brittany Augustine
(WC) Catalina Castano vs. (9) Elena Dementieva

(16) Lucia Safarova vs. Meilen Tu
Maria Kirilenko vs. Qualifier
Vania King vs. (WC) Asia Muhammed
BYE vs. (2) Jelena Jankovic

The San Diego Main Draw. :tape:

Dulko and Tati, head to head, are tied at 2-2 and every single match on hardcourt and even a loss last year in Indian Wells.

Let's hope for the best?

yukon145
Jul 28th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Tati better get herself together or else i can see her losing first round to Dulko, or second round to Morigami.

does Mats start with her this week? or is it the week after?

ZAK
Jul 28th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Tati better get herself together or else i can see her losing first round to Dulko, or second round to Morigami.

does Mats start with her this week? or is it the week after?

Next week

selyoink
Jul 28th, 2007, 03:45 AM
I foresee another second round loss for Tati. Even if she manages to live up to her seeding I don't see her beating Sharapova in her current form. Too bad she wasn't in the Hingis/Petrova quarter.

Rod the Bama
Jul 28th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Very tough draw for Tati. If she can somehow reach the 3rd round most likely against Maria, then it would be progress for her. Still i hope Tati can get it going in San Diego.

rseto
Jul 28th, 2007, 04:59 AM

i'm not reading too much into this and thought it was sorta funny instead. tati was able to beat her in the past when they were friends too.

as for the SD draw, that's a tough draw even if tati was playing well. 1st round against someone who she choked against last time and 2nd against someone who is playing well now. hope tati is practicing her serve right now. :scared:

Slutiana
Jul 28th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Next week

damn. But i think she can do it.

Her game matches up well against maria's and although she's never beaten maria, i dont hold maria in very high esteem and shes defently beatable if tati has her forehand. Allez Tati and good luck!

Jul 28th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Oh, the MD of San Diego is :tape:

At the latest she'll lose vs. Masha. I hope not before but it will be hard :help:

Mats, please come a week earlier :sad:

Jirku
Jul 28th, 2007, 11:26 AM
pfffff terrible draw

and that last match against Dulko in IW was terrible , she choked it away

Iceland
Jul 28th, 2007, 02:57 PM
If she wins her match against Dulko, it would already be a relief.

yukon145
Jul 28th, 2007, 04:16 PM
if Tati even makes it to the match against Sharapova i will be happy. but in her current form i'm not sure if i see that happening.

makes me more pissed that she wasted a great chance in Standford, she could have easily won the whole thing.

Zombielicious
Jul 28th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Allez Tati. :)

rseto
Jul 28th, 2007, 10:27 PM
guess that loss to mirza doesn't look that bad right now.

but it also means another player is moving up while tati stagnates.

Iceland
Jul 28th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Yes exactly, I don't find this particularly reassuring.

yukon145
Jul 28th, 2007, 11:36 PM
it will work like this again:

takes Tati a few tournament to play well again, plays very well again looking like she could really move up the rankings, gets injuried, out a few weeks, repeat process.

i hate it, but it always happens. hopefully Tati can play well again in a few weeks and then not get injured.

selyoink
Jul 29th, 2007, 05:13 AM
it will work like this again:

takes Tati a few tournament to play well again, plays very well again looking like she could really move up the rankings, gets injuried, out a few weeks, repeat process.

i hate it, but it always happens. hopefully Tati can play well again in a few weeks and then not get injured.

Yes it is quite a predictable and annoying cycle.

Slutiana
Jul 29th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Yes it is quite a predictable and annoying cycle.

:sad:

TATI:sad:

boffaloraa
Jul 29th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Tati will also play doubles with Dinara Safina :)
in the 1R they will play against Kerber/Osterloh :)

Jul 29th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Tati will also play doubles with Dinara Safina :)
in the 1R they will play against Kerber/Osterloh :)

Cool, let's hope they can repeat the success of Miami. :)

Zombielicious
Jul 29th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Yaay! I adore Tati/Dina! Let's hope for a good run! :bigclap:

yukon145
Jul 29th, 2007, 09:42 PM
i almost have more faith in Tati's doubles skills this week with Dinara compared to her singles.

i hope she proves me wrong.

Jirku
Jul 29th, 2007, 10:35 PM
i almost have more faith in Tati's doubles skills this week with Dinara compared to her singles.

that's pretty sad cause she mostly sucks in doubles :lol:

hablo
Jul 29th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Allez Tati!!!

Please take out Dulko, then Morigami or qualifier, then Sharapouf!!! :p

Zombielicious
Jul 30th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Tatiana plays tommarow.

Stadium Court (from 10.00hrs)

1. Bovina vs. Vandeweghe
2. Castano vs. Dementieva
3. Jackson vs. Schnyder
4. Craybas vs. Daniilidou
5. V.Williams vs. Rodionova NB 19.00hrs
6. Dulko vs. Golovin

Zombielicious
Jul 30th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Good luck Tatiana!! Allez, you can do this! :) :bigclap:

selyoink
Jul 30th, 2007, 03:08 AM

Not even I think so poorly of Tati in singles right now. :lol:

Hope Tati entertains the night crowd by walloping Dulko. Probably crush her in the first set and then choke and tank like last time.

yukon145
Jul 30th, 2007, 03:34 AM
^ i know i don't know whats wrong with me, i'm the one that usually tries to stay so positive about Golovin's game.

its probably that im getting so pissed of Tati playing well and getting hurt and then all the other young players in her age keep moving up the rankings when i know Tati has the better game them alot of them *cough* Chakvetadze* cough*

selyoink
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:27 AM
Tati's match about to start. Just win Tati. I don't care how long it takes, just win.

Zombielicious
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:30 AM
Diito.

(can't believe I'm up... almost 11 at night :help:)

Allez Tati! Do it!

Zombielicious
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:34 AM
Tati/Dina play tommarow!

Court 1 (from 10.00hrs)
1. K.Bondarenko vs. Bammer
2. Razzano vs. Shvedova
3. Golovin/Safina vs. Kerber/Osterloh
4. A.Bondarenko/K.Bondarenko vs. Dulko/Kirilenko

good luck girls!

selyoink
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:38 AM
Diito.

Allez Tati! Do it!

Thats not late at all.

In other news Tati off to a fine start getting broken to open the match.

selyoink
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:17 AM
Tati wins in three sets 6-1, 2-6, 6-2. Got broken to start the match then won six straight games for the set. Promptly went away in the second before recovering in the third.

Still does not seem to be in good form at all but at least she prevailed.

Zombielicious
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:23 AM
Allez Tatiana! What a rollercoaster of a match!! Good win... not an easy one... but well. Good win. Amazing first set, horrible 2nd, scary 3rd.

Hopefully some play tommarow in doubles will help Tati. Sleep in tommarow and rest as much as you can Tat! :)

rseto
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:28 AM
Still does not seem to be in good form at all but at least she prevailed.

that's how i feel too. only 3 dfs and having plenty of break chances are good i guess.

i hope she can survive one more match. next opponent is kremer and tati leads 1-0 but that match was 3 years ago.

Rod the Bama
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:41 AM
Well that was a strange match tonight. I`m glad that Tati got the win, but she need to eliminate those little lapses that continue to plague her lately. Seriously there`s no excuse for her to lose a set like that to someone the calibur of Gisela. Still i`m glad that she got the win and hopefully she can play better in the next match.

Jul 31st, 2007, 08:06 AM
Good morning :yawn: I followed a match which started at 5.30 am in Germany but I fell asleep after Tati won :lol:

Yeah, I was going crazy. A very good first set - a bad second set - a good third set...:rolleyes:

I'm happy Tati won but she has to be more constant. I knew after the first set it will be a three-setter because... it's Tati :help:

Ok, a win is a win. Next round vs. Kremer should be easier :unsure:

Iceland
Jul 31st, 2007, 08:55 AM
I deliberately chose to not follow her match on SB because I knew something like this would happen. :lol: Even though the scoreline is not convincing despite a very good first set, it's still better than last year's horrible choke.
I really hope she can have a fight with Sharapova, it will be the best way to remotivate her so as to begin her work with Mats in the best conditions. No time to waste in this cooperation. It will be more effective if Tatiana comes with a good standard level.
Allez Tati :D.

Jirku
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:12 AM
Tati :worship:

next round Kremer ? so morigami is out ? :woohoo:

~Kiera~
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:59 AM
http://www.acuraclassic.com/PressBox/PressReleases/2007/golovin_vs_dulko.html

Golovin vs. Dulko – That’s Entertainment!

In one of the most entertaining matches on Monday’s Acura Classic schedule, 13th seeded Tatiana Golovin of France defeated Argentina’s Gisela Dulko, 6-1, 2-6, 6-2, in the final match of the evening on Stadium Court at the La Costa Resort and Spa.

In a first-round duel of young baseliners which thrilled the crowd, Golovin lost her serve in the opening game of the match.

Golovin would not only get the break back in the next game, but would lose only four more points in winning six games in a row to run away with the set in 21 minutes. She was so dominant that she won 15 of 16 points during the set.

Just when it looked like it would be an early night for tennis fans at the Acura Classic, Dulko regrouped and came back to win the second set as both players displayed some amazing shot making.

Dulko scored an early service break and opened up leads of 3-0 and 4-1. With a 5-2 lead, she evened the match at one set all when she broke Golovin’s serve at love.

In the third set, Golovin, hitting her service returns with accuracy, broke Dulko twice in the first two games and went on to take a 5-1 lead.

The Argentine extended the match by holding serve to stay in the match, but Golovin easily served it out in the next game to close out the match.

yukon145
Jul 31st, 2007, 12:22 PM
thanks for the article. at least she won.

good luck in doubles today Tati.

selyoink
Jul 31st, 2007, 12:50 PM
Well she should get past Kremer and then it will be a big test. I just want her to get to the Sharapova match no matter what happens in that one.

Craigy
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:13 PM
I'm really excited about the potential match with Maria.
They're always so good. :hearts:

Harju.
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Well she should get past Kremer and then it will be a big test. I just want her to get to the Sharapova match no matter what happens in that one.
I don't know whether I want Tati to choke and tank to Kremer or get raped by Sharapova, and hence another thread of Tati is 1-43597346878 H2H vs (insert young players).

Jirku
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:21 PM
I don't know whether I want Tati to choke and tank to Kremer or get raped by Sharapova, and hence another thread of Tati is 1-43597346878 H2H vs (insert young players).

why you always say that :shrug:

Zombielicious
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:47 PM
Good luck in doubles today Dina/Tats!

Kremer will be good and I am sure Tati can get past her. Just... worried about the Sharapova match because well. Yeah, Tati has never beaten her and I just feel like Sharapova is going to kick her ass.

But don't forget she is struggling with her shoulder injury and struggles with serves because of it... somehow Tati could take advantage? :shrug:

I don't know. I just want her to get there and do her best. :)

yukon145
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:32 PM
well kramer must be playing well to get through qualies and win her first round against an in form player.

Craigy
Jul 31st, 2007, 06:44 PM
If Tati is playing well enough she should beat Anne pretty easily. But seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if she struggles.

Zombielicious
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:09 PM
Damn you Craig.

Damn you and your beautious avatars! :(

Craigy
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Damn you Craig.

Damn you and your beautious avatars! :(

:lol:

Zombielicious
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:38 PM
Tatiana and Dinara are on court now! :)

Jirku
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:57 PM
already a break down :(

yukon145
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:13 PM
Diito.

Allez Tati! Do it!

:lol: i just read this.

zombie are you 11 years old? what time do you normally go to bed?

Jirku
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:19 PM
:lol: i just read this.

zombie are you 11 years old? what time do you normally go to bed?

i was suprised about it aswell, i normally stay up for matches at 3am lol :lol:

but ok she's much younger then me

Jirku
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:31 PM
what's up with the scoreboard ???

first they won 7-5 , then they change it in 6-5 again , and now they are behind 5-6 :confused:

boffaloraa
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:46 PM
what's up with the scoreboard ???

first they won 7-5 , then they change it in 6-5 again , and now they are behind 5-6 :confused:

on livescore.com they are 7-5 1-0 up :confused:

Jirku
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:49 PM
on livescore.com they are 7-5 1-0 up :confused:

i really hope so, cause i was thinking someone got injured

Zombielicious
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:50 PM
:haha:

I just generally go to bed early and wake up early. :shrug:

boffaloraa
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:06 PM
i really hope so, cause i was thinking someone got injured

now in the scoreboard there's the next match, i guess it's over :confused: hope tati didn't get injured again :(

boffaloraa
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:08 PM
ok now I'm scared, for a second appeared Tati again on the scoreboard :lol:

Jirku
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:09 PM
now in the scoreboard there's the next match, i guess it's over :confused: hope tati didn't get injured again :(

plsssss not tati :(

Zombielicious
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:19 AM
on Tennis.com it says Tatiana and Dinara won 7-5 6-1

Jirku
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:29 AM
oef !!!!! :)

yukon145
hopefully you're right. i just called the ticket office and no one knew the score or if anything had happened.

Jirku
livescore says the same now 7-5 6-1

Zombielicious
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:31 AM
:shrug:

yukon145
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:18 AM
the acura website says they won 7-5, 6-1

Zombielicious
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:11 AM
Hmm... That was so strange though. Just the SB stopping and totally taking them off.

Anyways, good win girls. The first set seems a little fishy, a little close but the 2nd set seems pretty good and convincing. Good job Dina/Tats! :D

selyoink
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:20 AM
Tati plays second on Court 2 tomorrow.

Early match for you this time Zombielicious. No late night party with me.

Zombielicious
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:25 AM
Aww, I love our late night parties Selyoink. ;) Next late night match... ;)

...I sound freaking creepy...

Zombielicious
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:29 AM
Two matches in one day tommarow for Tati. Singles and then doubles against Stubbs/Peschke.

Try and rest up as much as you can Tati. :sad:

selyoink
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:39 AM
Aww, I love our late night parties Selyoink. ;) Next late night match... ;)

...I sound freaking creepy...

Well if she plays Sharapova it will be a night match on Thursday. So I'll see you then.

Zombielicious
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:46 AM
;):rolls:

Aug 1st, 2007, 08:23 AM
Nice win Tati/Dinara :yeah:

Today singles and doubles. Good luck and try to rest up!!!

Iceland
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:07 AM
Bravo Tati & Dina, the first set scared me, they were about to lose it with pathetic stats on serve but it got better then with a happy end :).

Craigy
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:11 AM
Well if she plays Sharapova it will be a night match on Thursday. So I'll see you then.

I'll be up too. Even if it will be like 4 in the morning. :(

Jirku
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:29 AM
Gluck tonight :yeah:

and im happy it's a early match and not at 5am :)

Zombielicious
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM
Craigy - YAY!!! :bigclap:

Jirku - Yeah, I'm happy about it too. It should be like 2 or 3 my time, so thats perfect. :)

selyoink
Aug 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM
Sugiyama has just beat Bammer so its Tati time

Craigy
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
Is there a livestream? :(

Craigy
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
Tati's got her serve back! :hearts:

boffaloraa
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:35 PM
6-1 Tati :)

selyoink
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:38 PM
Tati's got her serve back! :hearts:

Or she is just playing a crappy opponent.

Craigy
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:40 PM
Or she is just playing a crappy opponent.

Well at least its over 60% unlike in Fed Cup. ;)

selyoink
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:46 PM
Well at least its over 60% unlike in Fed Cup. ;)

Percentage is excellent but maybe she is just putting it in play knowing she can win rally without a fast serve speed.

Craigy
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
Percentage is excellent but maybe she is just putting it in play knowing she can win rally without a fast serve speed.

Either way, when Tati has a high percentage of serves going in she plays well.

selyoink
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:35 PM
Tati loses the second set. Choked serving at 4-5 30-0 to lose 4 straight points. Sharapova will annihilate her if she is lucky enough to win today.

Zombielicious
Tatiana loses the 2nd set 6-4. I guess this will be another 3 setter for Tati.

Jirku
4-6 :(

Craigy
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:49 PM
Oh dear lord. :o

Jirku
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:52 PM
3-0 double break :banana:

Zombielicious
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:54 PM
Tatiana 3-0 ATM. :)

Jirku
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:11 PM
tati choker 5-0 5-2 :lol:

finish her !!! :angel:

Craigy
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:12 PM
Well she obviously had to choke. :rolleyes:

Zombielicious
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:15 PM
She wins it 6-1 4-6 6-2

Aug 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM
Good :) ... but not more.

The choke in the 2nd was not necessary :o

Good luck in doubles :wavey:

I'm going to bed now :zzz:

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Nice job Tati!

rseto
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:32 PM
sticking to the positives since i wasn't sure tati would make the 3rd round.

glad to see tati can bounce back and win the 3rd set easily in the last two matches since the 2nd sets have looked pretty ugly. maybe she is making up for the tennis she missed earlier in the year.

even with her current form, i think she can play maria to a close match.

Rod the Bama
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:32 PM
Good win for Tati. :clap2: She`s showing some signs of improvement, but at the same time she needs to play much better and eliminate those lapses, especially if she plays Maria next, which is very likely.

yukon145
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:05 AM
safina/golovin def stubbs/peschke 6-4, 6-3!!

yukon145
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
glad that Tati pulled out 2 wins today!

lets hope she can play close with Sharapova, they always have tough matches.

Zombielicious
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:10 AM
Good win with Dinara today Tats. :)

selyoink
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:38 AM
Well she won. That is the only positive that can be taken from today's match. Losing a set to Kremer especially after dismantling her in the first set is unacceptable.

I really struggle to see how she will compete with Sharapova tomorrow.

selyoink
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:57 AM
Tati is not the night match :sad:

She is third up on Centre Court. Means I won't be able to follow. Probably for the better since I'm not expecting much.

Zombielicious
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:23 AM
Good luck tommarow Tatiana! Do your best! Allez! :hug: :)

yukon145
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:48 AM
yeah i wish it was the night match so i could follow it too. best of luck Tati, tomorrow would be a good time to get your first win over Sharapova.

nouf
Aug 2nd, 2007, 06:01 AM
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/483/eqipe02082007qg7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Aug 2nd, 2007, 08:20 AM
She also wins in doubles :eek:

Good luck tonight vs. Masha. Kick her ass ;)

Fired
Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
They got a pretty good win in doubles beating Peschke/Stubbs in straight sets :eek:
Good luck today, Tatiana! :yeah:

Iceland
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:01 AM
Very happy with the doubles win. :yeah:

This is a very good idea to play it with Dinara, it can only help her to fix her serve and find better sensations. I don't think she is that far from her best level because on her two last matches, she won the first & last set rather easily. She only needs to find consistency and concentration during the whole play.
I hope she gives her best for her match against Maria, no doubt that she can do it but she will have to believe it before. I don't want Tati to be afraid of anything. This is high time she won against a top 3 girl.

Allez ! :bounce:

Jirku
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:30 AM
im ready for upset day :armed:

maria and venus bye bye :wavey:

Zombielicious
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Allez Tatiana! Kick some ass today against Maria and with Dinara! (I really love the pairing of Tati/Dina. They play just so well together and they have good results)

I just have a strong feeling that Tati can just DO this. I have no idea why, but Tati always fights when she plays against Maria. I have high hopes. I just hope she can play well and concentrate. Even if she loses, I will be happy if that happens. :)

Zombielicious
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Tatiana and Maria on SB.

Good luck Tatiana!!!

Craigy
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
I'm kinda dead emotionally after the Kirilenko match. :hearts:

Zombielicious
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:44 PM
Same here. :rolls: That was just awesome.

Now for Tatiana to totally wow us... hopefully..

Craigy
Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
Well this is awful. :inlove:

Craigy
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:16 PM
0-6.

~Kiera~
Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:35 PM
This is going well :help:

Edit - She finally got two games. Hopefully, she can get something going now.

yukon145
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:03 AM
how could she only hold serve 1 game in the fucking match.

Tati please win your doubles match tonight.

Craigy
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:03 AM
Tati!!! :weirdo: :weirdo: :banghead:

Zombielicious
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:09 AM
She lost. 6-0 6-3

I really don't have much to say... besides go rest up and train before LA. :help: I just don't even know what to say.

Both her and Dina lost today. They better win doubles. :sad:

Iceland
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:09 AM
OMG. :tape:
Devastating loss. Everybody expected that, but I never wanted to believe it.

Poor Tati, she doesn't deserve this. Maybe it's time to reconsider her position converning lower events.

Rod the Bama
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:27 AM
It`s sad to see Tati routed like this. :sad: I wasn`t surprised that she was beaten, but it`s very obvious that she still isn`t where she needs to be and you`ve got to wonder how long it`ll take before she can get back the good form from eariler this year before the latest ankle injury. Still i have faith that Tati will get it back going soon.

yukon145
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:27 AM
OMG. :tape:
Devastating loss. Everybody expected that, but I never wanted to believe it.

Poor Tati, she doesn't deserve this. Maybe it's time to reconsider her position converning lower events.

she needs confidence to get her game flowing again. remember how she looked playing at AI? she looked so sure of herself. a think Mats may be able to help her believe in herself more, or maybe im just really hoping he can.

Zombielicious
Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:07 AM
And Tatiana and Dinara lost in doubles too. 6-2 6-4.

Time to train :D

Rod the Bama
Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:23 AM
Sad to see Tati and Dinara lose in doubles. :sad: They must`ve been pretty demoralized from their blowout losses. The only positive from this loss is that Tati can take a little R&R before getting back to some training.

selyoink
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:03 AM
About what I expected today. I thought Tati would be lucky to take six games in the match. She was pathetic on serve.

If she doesn't get her ass in gear soon she has no chance of defending her QF at the US Open.

yukon145
Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:31 AM
About what I expected today. I thought Tati would be lucky to take six games in the match. She was pathetic on serve.

If she doesn't get her ass in gear soon she has no chance of defending her QF at the US Open.

yes and the final in Germany. this fall could be a big blow to her ranking.

Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:25 AM
:rain: What a bad day for Tati. The match vs. Masha shows she's far away from her best form. One year ago she lost to her at USO 6-7 6-7 and now 0-6 3-6... :tape:

Train Tati, train. Now, Mats is coming for LA. Let's hope there will be improvements before the USO... :help: