PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL : Davenport comebacks at New Haven (Doubles with Raymond) + Single at Bali!

LindsayRulz
Jul 18th, 2007, 07:44 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

(news on Yahoo)

Elske
Jul 18th, 2007, 07:55 PM
amazing :D that's great to hear :bounce: :worship: :yeah:

LDF
Jul 18th, 2007, 07:57 PM
:speakles:

WOWOWOWOWOW!

Lindsay :bounce: :hearts:

hurricanejeanne
Jul 18th, 2007, 07:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=Amiu4MI2rMJ5D83HD9HjCpc4v7YF?slug=ap-davenportreturns&prov=ap&type=lgns

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Damn, she doesn't wait around does she?
Now, how about some singles? :D

Lindsayfanumber1
Jul 18th, 2007, 08:53 PM
:) :bounce: :hearts:

!<blocparty>!
Jul 18th, 2007, 08:58 PM
WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!! :woohoo:

*timtams*
Jul 18th, 2007, 08:59 PM
great news, glad to hear about comeback, cant wait for the us open now, she wont even need a wildcard to get into the main draw, still seeded at around 60 ish.... :woohoo:

hurricanejeanne
Jul 18th, 2007, 09:00 PM
It all sort of makes sense now. The email to New Haven, then the WTT thing, now this.
I think she's doing doubles to test the waters about playing singles. She could play the US Open, at least in doubles. That would be awesome.

Now, who coaches her?

Absolutely amazing news. The highlight of the year for me. :D :bounce:

dav abu
Jul 18th, 2007, 09:14 PM
:banana: :rocker: :rocker2: :yippee: :bigclap: :bounce: :hearts: :worship: aaaaah YES!

The Daviator
Jul 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I'm still saving my final celebrations for when she announces some singles play, then I'll go mad :lol: But still this is fantastic! :D

ChampLindsay
Jul 18th, 2007, 09:24 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LINDSAY WE ALL LOVE YYYYYYYYYYYYY

LINDSAY IS BACKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Nikki
Jul 18th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Thats great news even if she never plays singles again I would be happy.

hurricanejeanne
Jul 18th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I'm still saving my final celebrations for when she announces some singles play, then I'll go mad :lol: But still this is fantastic! :D

:lol: I know. I think she's taking it slow right now. I mean, this is so fast. I hope she plays singles, though. I think right now it's about seeing if she's still got "it".

I'm still in a state of shock though. This woman works in mysterious ways, I swear.

The Daviator
Jul 18th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Nice new sig jeanne ;) :D

hurricanejeanne
Jul 18th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Nice new sig jeanne ;) :D
Thanks!
I've been planning on using that since she announced playing WTT to be honest. :D :p

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 18th, 2007, 10:19 PM
:woohoo::bounce:

*faint! GO LINDS!

Dave.
Jul 18th, 2007, 10:27 PM
YEAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Doubles, singles; same thing for me! As long as she's out there extending her WTA records and playing on tour I'm happy. This is just fantastic! I would love for her to play singles, but for now doubles is more than good enough. If she plays only doubles at the US Open, her streak of consecutive appearances there will still improve to 17!

Davenport/Raymond are probably one of the best teams in recent years not to win a slam, along with Davenport/Zvereva.

Dave.
Jul 18th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Lindsay has already made the front news on wtatour.com!

Here is the article on her comeback:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1534

Demska
Jul 18th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I' m so happy!!!!

I love lindsay, amazing player!!!

Welcome back!!!

LindsayRulz
Jul 19th, 2007, 01:00 AM
http://i15.tinypic.com/4kw45ya.jpg

:drool:

MH0861
Jul 19th, 2007, 01:17 AM
She has to play singles at the USO, no? If nothing else, just for the hell of it?

Lindsay and Lisa for the Gold Medal too :hearts:

hurricanejeanne
Jul 19th, 2007, 01:39 AM
http://i15.tinypic.com/4kw45ya.jpg

:drool:

:hearts: I still cannot believe it.

She has to play singles at the USO, no? If nothing else, just for the hell of it?

As of yesterday her coming back was just a possibility, so who knows at this point. Doubles could simply be another launching pad for her back into singles.

I haven't seen the entry list yet, she'd be automatically entered unless she removed herself already.

Dave.
Jul 19th, 2007, 01:58 AM
I think we should all be really happy with this! It's just amazing that she is coming back, whether it is in singles or doubles. But for people saving themselves for when she announces a comeback in singles; remember Lindsay is playing doubles to try and see what it would be like to come back. A return in singles is not certain yet. Many people who have comebacks in their career return as doubles players and still are very successful. I just think we should all savour this moment as their may not be many more of these to come. Enjoy every good moment as they come!

Of course a singles comeback would be better, but for now she has come back to play 1 event in doubles. After New Haven she could say she's not ready and doesn't want to come back.

joaco
Jul 19th, 2007, 02:59 AM
:speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: this is some SERIOUS news.... I'm so glad we get to see Lindsay play again!! I don't care if it is just doubs, it's just a matter of time till sahe gets back to singles :smash: :bowdown: :woohoo:

tamwilltan
Jul 19th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Yes!
It is amazing.I wanna cry

Cecyta
Jul 19th, 2007, 03:15 AM
This is amazing!
Welcome back, Lindsay!!!

Lindsayfan
Jul 19th, 2007, 06:52 AM
great news!!!!!! :bounce: I hardly believe it ;)

btw: who'll be her coach?

Si_Hi
Jul 19th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Doubles or Singles....it means the same to me.....
the Point Is that She Is Back!

RayRob
Jul 19th, 2007, 08:20 AM
This has been the best news I've heard since the birth of my nephew 5 weeks ago. I first found out about the doubles on BBC website. I saw the headline, "Davenport to make comeback". I clicked on it assuming it was the WTT stuff but I was pleasantly surprised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6905725.stm

mike/topgun
Jul 19th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Step by step they say, but hey if Lindsay keeps making such great jumps she'll be back in top form for the Oz Open 2008!!!!!!!!:lol:

Don't know if it's a dream, but somehow it all makes sense now.:bounce:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 19th, 2007, 10:21 PM
she is gonna win AO 2008, take it to the bank!!!

~Eclipsed~
Jul 20th, 2007, 05:46 AM
I knew there was a reason she wasn't taken off the rankings.

I am really shocked that she wants to comeback though. I thought she lost all interest at the end of last year. I guess she really misses it. You just never know whats going on with her and i like it.:)

LindsayRulz
Jul 20th, 2007, 06:21 AM
They said on RDS that Lindsay won't play at the US Open (in single). RDS isn't a good source in tennis (they said Pierce was pregnant earlier this summer) and I hope they are wrong again.

lindsayno1
Jul 20th, 2007, 02:30 PM
i cant believe it! SO good!!! I reckon she's gonna do some damage...!

Andrew..
Jul 21st, 2007, 07:45 PM
According to an article in the local New Haven paper, Lindsay has also asked New Haven to hold a singles wildcard.

http://www.alldeaf.com/images/smilies/jaw.gif

I'm thinking tonight is going to play a major part in that decision.

mike/topgun
Jul 21st, 2007, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew..
According to an article in the local New Haven paper, Lindsay has also asked New Haven to hold a singles wildcard.

What you're saying?????????????She's thinking about playing singles in NH??????????? I am totally shocked.:speakles:
Just wonder what will tomorrow bring:lol:
Seriuosly, our hopes for a full time comeback can get higher and higher every day.:p
So then today's exo should be a major factor.:timebomb:

The Daviator
Jul 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM

OMG, that means USO singles, please let this be true!

Dutglish
Jul 21st, 2007, 09:09 PM
For all you Lindsay fans, I so, so hope she's not rushing this too much. It'd be great if all goes well, of course :)

hurricanejeanne
Jul 21st, 2007, 09:10 PM

Holy shit. :eek:

I also think that tonight is going to decide this, which makes me even more nervous.

But I'm still so excited! :bounce:

LindsayRulz
Jul 22nd, 2007, 12:24 AM
:eek:

RJWCapriati
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:10 AM
Honestly I thought she would never come back........its a nice shock though!

lindsayno1
Jul 22nd, 2007, 07:36 AM
oh my god!

*timtams*
Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:36 AM
you guys keeep saying 'tonight will decide it'.... what is tonight? anyone going to the us open this year?

Ty-Ty
Jul 22nd, 2007, 02:44 PM
I can't believe I got to see Lindsay play again. Oh man, how happy that made my summer.

I don't want her to play the U.S. Open. Something dumb will happen like an early round loss and will only discourage her I think. Better to wait, imo. Mary Joe said she was pretty for sure about waiting until October anyway, for singles, which is all good.

hurricanejeanne
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:47 PM
I can't believe I got to see Lindsay play again. Oh man, how happy that made my summer.

I don't want her to play the U.S. Open. Something dumb will happen like an early round loss and will only discourage her I think. Better to wait, imo. Mary Joe said she was pretty for sure about waiting until October anyway, for singles, which is all good.

:lol: Yeah, with Lindsay's luck if she played the US Open, she'd end up drawing Justine or Maria in the opening round and I don't really need to see that.

I think she is going to wait a bit longer before she starts her singles campaign, especially with reading her post WTT apperance article. She knows she's still got a lot of work to do before she can come all the way back.

But it's so wonderful to have her back. :D

michael j magill
Jul 28th, 2007, 05:40 AM
looks like me and lots of others were right lindsay had a baby took some time off and is comming back horray!

RJWCapriati
Jul 28th, 2007, 05:49 AM
2008 Olympics watch out!!!!!!

pingpong22
Jul 28th, 2007, 06:28 PM
great news,come on Lin:)

Jogi
Jul 29th, 2007, 04:30 PM
OMG :eek: :woohoo:
that's so great to hear and I'm so excited, thought she'd never play again
what news you're missing while being on holiday for 3 weeks... that defenitely made my day

german_chandafan
Jul 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Very good news for all Lindsay-fans, what i am, too. It's so special to see Lindsay play and i hope to see her at the US-Open.

So, does anybody of you have news about Chanda Rubin? She's a good friend of Lindsay and suffering so long now :-(

LindsayRulz
Jul 30th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Someone said on GM that Lindsay will play single in Bali :)

LindsayRulz
Jul 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Very good news for all Lindsay-fans, what i am, too. It's so special to see Lindsay play and i hope to see her at the US-Open.

So, does anybody of you have news about Chanda Rubin? She's a good friend of Lindsay and suffering so long now :-(

She came back at the end of last year and she played like 3 or 4 times in a row against Schnyder. I've heard nothing about her this year though.

mike/topgun
Jul 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Anybody knows about this Bali trip. Someone said Lindsay's going to play SINGLES there:eek:

LindsayRulz
Jul 30th, 2007, 07:27 PM
"Saya sangat senang karena bisa bermain di Bali kembali" demikian menurut Davenport. "Bali merupakan tempat yang begitu indah, dan semua orang sangat ramah dan suportif kepada seluruh pemain.Turnamen ini selalu menjadi minggu yang menyenangkan. Saya sangat menikmati bermain dalam turnamen ini beberapa tahun yang lalu, dan merasa bahwa Bali adalah tempat yangtepat bagi saya untuk bermain di nomor single kembali"

"I'm very happy to be able to return and play in Bali again." says Davenport. "Bali is such a beautiful place and everyone is very friendly and supportive of all the players. This tournament has always provided me with a great week. I very much enjoyed playing in Bali a few years ago and I feel that this is the place for me to return in singles."

"Kami sangat berbahagia mengetahui bahwa Lindsay akan kembali bermain di Bali untuk berpartisipasi dalam The Commonwealth bank Tennis Classic." demikian kata direktur turnamen, Kevin Livesey. "Lindsay adalah seorang bintang besar dan sangat populer dalam dua tahun belakangan di Bali. KIta sangat menunggu kedatangannya kembali di Bali."

"We are glad to know that Lindsay will return to Bali to participate in the Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic." says tournament director, Kevin Livesey. "Lindsay is a big star and she's very popular with fans in Bali for the last two years. We will await for her arrival again in Bali."

hurricanejeanne
Jul 30th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Sounds pretty legit to me. Though I'm waiting til we get more confirmation about this before I get really excited. Bali is a great tournament for her to come back at though. :D

Lindsayfanumber1
Jul 31st, 2007, 12:14 AM
I'm so anxious. I can't wait. :bounce:

vw.
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:07 AM
Amazing news!!!!

RJWCapriati
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:13 AM
I'm glad she is skipping the Open because there is no way she can play her first singles back at a slam.........plus it would tarnish that wonderful record she has there.....I think She has reached QF or better about the past 10 straight times.......Bali is a great place to return good thinking Lindsay!!

Lindsayfan32
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:57 AM
I'm glad she is skipping the Open because there is no way she can play her first singles back at a slam.........plus it would tarnish that wonderful record she has there.....I think She has reached QF or better about the past 10 straight times.......Bali is a great place to return good thinking Lindsay!!

I totally agree with you RJWCap. One thing I should have realised when talk of Lindsay making a comeback started. The words Lindsay Davenport and sensible to go together and she planning her comeback wisely. I'm not surprised at all.

dav abu
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:28 AM
this is just brilliant :worship:

tennisboi
Jul 31st, 2007, 11:48 AM
Everything is happening so quickly...my head is spinning

stay
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:06 PM
Hey guys,

Just came across this article at http://www.bali-wtatour.com/[/url]

BREAKING NEWS - LINDSAY DAVENPORT TO MAKE A SINGLES COMEBACK IN BALI.

mike/topgun
Jul 31st, 2007, 04:06 PM
I guess it's kind of confirmed now, since the entry deadline has passed?
Well, after all Bali is a wonderful place...for Lindsay to make a storming comeback.:D Hopefully.:scared: The nervousness is back...

Does anyone have a feeling that it's happening too quick?

The Daviator
Jul 31st, 2007, 07:36 PM
So it's confirmed, she's back and will play singles :woohoo: :banana: :lol:

I'm glad she skipped the Open, as much as I'd like her to be a part of it and keep the run going, it would be pointless to show up and lose in the first/second round, smart for her to return at a tier III, especially one she loves, I wonder what else she'll play, hopefully Zurich, I love that event...

Lindsayfan32
Jul 31st, 2007, 09:20 PM
I guess it's kind of confirmed now, since the entry deadline has passed?
Well, after all Bali is a wonderful place...for Lindsay to make a storming comeback.:D Hopefully.:scared: The nervousness is back...

Does anyone have a feeling that it's happening too quick?

Your question a good one Mike. I think Lindsay is doing it sensibly I'm glad she decided against playing the US open as she could've draw anyone and not been ready to play her best tennis. As for playing in Bali it's a smart move it a small tournament and the draw if a big name player doesn't enter late is good so she may win a round or two or even heck why not the title.

I'm for one I am glad she back. I know I said a while back that I didn't want Lindsay to comeback but I have to say the way she's doing it, is very sensible and taking it in dare I say it baby steps. :)

hurricanejeanne
Jul 31st, 2007, 10:30 PM
I'm very excited but already nervous! I thought about livescoring/watching her matches again and it made me nervous.

I'm just very excited about the whole thing. I think Bali is perfect for her to stage a comeback in singles. I just hope she is healthy, ready to play, and doesn't draw any of the top players who play here in the first couple of rounds. :p

But yeah, I'm exicted :bounce:

MH0861
Aug 1st, 2007, 12:41 AM
So it's confirmed, she's back and will play singles :woohoo: :banana: :lol:

I'm glad she skipped the Open, as much as I'd like her to be a part of it and keep the run going, it would be pointless to show up and lose in the first/second round, smart for her to return at a tier III, especially one she loves, I wonder what else she'll play, hopefully Zurich, I love that event...

I think she should do Bali - Zurich - Quebec City this autumn. It's Zurich's last year, and her record there is incredible (I believe she's made the final every time she's played), so it would be nice for her to play one last time. Plus, it'll give her a bigger test to see where she's at.

mike/topgun
Aug 1st, 2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lindsayfan32:
I'm for one I am glad she back. I know I said a while back that I didn't want Lindsay to comeback but I have to say the way she's doing it, is very sensible and taking it in dare I say it baby steps.
Well, I must admit that I said I was glad when she took the break to have a baby, cause we all saw how bad she felt during 2006. But now I must agree with you totally.

Playing Zurich would be awesome.
It's Lindsay's event:
1997 winner,
1998 winner,
1999 dnp,
2000 final(Hingis 3set thriller)
2001 winner,
2002 final(Schnyder, another 3 set thriller)
2003 dnp,
2004 dnp,
2005 winner,
2006 dnp.
Plus it's my favourite european indoor event;) And the field isn't usualy that tough. Though it's still seems a long perspective, I believe she can do it.

LindsayRulz
Aug 8th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Beijing's entry list is out and Lindsay is in!!!

Also Henin, Kuznetsova, Hingis, Dementieva are in.

mike/topgun
Aug 8th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by LindsayRulez:

I am shocked. So she's gonna play Bali and Beijing...and then hopefully some european indoors!

Andrew..
Aug 8th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Just play singles at NH and the US Open then. It's her only chance at getting seeded for the AO.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:26 PM

:bounce: So exciting.

I hope she does better then she did last year though, and I hope she stays the hell away from Justine in the draw. :unsure:

ce
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM
:worship:
my queen
i am so happy for you

archie4
Aug 10th, 2007, 03:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Lindsay enter some tournaments in the European indoor season. She has done very well at some of those tournaments in her career (especially Stuttgart and Zurich).

Andrew..
Aug 10th, 2007, 03:29 AM
I'd guess that her schedule looks like this:

Bali
Beijing
--------
Zurich
--------
Quebec City

Harju.
Aug 10th, 2007, 03:32 AM
I want to go to Bali and cheer against Lindsay Leach. But Mrs. Leach is well loved there.

Andrew..
Aug 10th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Hate not welcomed here, unless it's me bitching.

Harju.
Aug 10th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Now bow to me and I shall go to Bali and write up a 500 words essay on how she sloths around the court.

Andrew..
Aug 10th, 2007, 04:07 AM
No. Leave.

Lindsayfan32
Aug 10th, 2007, 04:07 AM

Hear hear Andrew we love it when you do it. ;):)

Lindsayfan32
Aug 10th, 2007, 04:12 AM
I want to go to Bali and cheer against Lindsay Leach. But Mrs. Leach is well loved there.

I have question for you V-lix it is obvious you don't like Lindsay that's fine but don't come in here string the pot up, it really bugs the crap out of me when people like you come into a forum and do this it totally unnecessary and uncalled for. :mad:

LindsayRulz
Aug 10th, 2007, 05:09 AM

:spit:

LindsayRulz
Aug 10th, 2007, 05:20 AM

I want to go to New York and cheer against Tatiana Golovin. But she's injured again and she won't play there.

:wavey:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 10th, 2007, 10:31 AM

:haha:
It wouldn't be Tower of Power without you. :p

Harju.
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I was just messing with Andrew.
Sorry y'all.

PS : I do like Davenport.

lindsayno1
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:52 PM
if shes showing up at some european indoors i might scoot along to one of them!

The Daviator
Aug 10th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I'd guess that her schedule looks like this:

Bali
Beijing
--------
Zurich
--------
Quebec City

Yep, and I love that schedule :bounce:

Then play the HK exo in January, and on to Melbourne :cool:

Andrew..
Aug 10th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I've always thought the HK exo was stupid.

She should play something to help her ranking, like Gold Coast, or even one of the crappy Australian tier IV events. Title.

The Daviator
Aug 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I've always thought the HK exo was stupid.

She should play something to help her ranking, like Gold Coast, or even one of the crappy Australian tier IV events. Title.

I agree, but this is Lind$ay we're talking about :p

!<blocparty>!
Aug 11th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I was just messing with Andrew.
Sorry y'all.

PS : I do like Davenport.

:lol: @ everyone jumping on you.

Cheer or get out.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 11th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I agree, but this is Lind$ay we're talking about :p

:lol: Yeah and now she's got to set up Jagger's college fund. ;)

But I've never liked the HK exo to be honest. I'm all for her playing Gold Coast or one of the smaller events. She needs the ranking points and of course, titles are nice.

Jan
Aug 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't want her to play the US Open singles, although I would love to see her. As you have all said a first round loss would not be a good thing! She doesn't wan to rush it too much, Its just so good that she wants to come back

lindsayno1
Aug 12th, 2007, 07:47 PM
No - not HK exo - play Sydney or something!