PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going?!?

Cat's Pajamas
Jul 18th, 2007, 04:16 AM
I am going the 3rd and 4th, and maybe for the 2nd.

I only have a grounds pass for the 3rd but box suites at Arthur Ashe on the 4th :dance:

Willam
Aug 12th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Im going for the whole event BUT 1st,2nd and 3rd!

!<blocparty>!
Aug 16th, 2007, 08:45 PM
We're going for 3/4 days in the first week hopefully. Two have already been booked.

God, I cannot wait now. Less than 2 weeks!!!! :woohoo:

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM
My little update: I will be arriving on the 1st and am going to see Wicked that night! :woohoo:

Then the 2nd I have Arthur Ashe Day tickets but I'll probably roam the grounds some too. On the 3rd I only have grounds admissions which I prefer because all of my faves except Venus will be out there. And the 4th I have Arthur Ashe night tickets, so I can't come in till 6 I think. :o

So excited! :banana:

ImaVeggie
Aug 20th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I'm going this Wednesday for Qualifying and will try to get tickets there to avoid Ticketmaster fees.

I am also going to the Women's Final; my first final. Got 2 tickets for my birthday. I am too psyched for words!

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:10 PM
So are you guys going to do anything outside of the tournament? I'm going to see Wicked on Broadway :D

!<blocparty>!
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I am also going to the Women's Final!

:o:help:

Should be a good match.

ImaVeggie
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:26 PM
:o:help:

Should be a good match.

Well good thing you're not into women's tennis if you feel that way. Oh wait a minute... why are you here then? Too ridiculous!

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I'm going on the first full week including labor day.

Can there be a place where all WTAworld posters can meet and possibly watch a certain game and cheer???

Come on!!! We can pick a spot in there.

auntie janie
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I am going the 3rd and 4th, and maybe for the 2nd.

I only have a grounds pass for the 3rd but box suites at Arthur Ashe on the 4th :dance:

Are you going to hit with Coco on the practice courts, then? :cool:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:05 PM
I'm going tomorrow for the opening day of qualifying :)

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Are you going to hit with Coco on the practice courts, then? :cool:

I won't be bringing my racket and I won't be there for qualifying :p unless she plays juniors

savestheday91
Aug 20th, 2007, 11:36 PM
I'm going on qualifying Thursday and then Monday-Thursday of the first week :D

Williamsser
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:17 AM
I'm going tomorrow for the opening day of qualifying :)

It will rain all day on Tuesday, unfortunately.

Meghanns Journey
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:24 PM
I will be there several days the first and second week. Don't forget your :rain:.

Alyssa ;)

vw.
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
I'm there Wednesday of the first week. Hoping to catch Venus.

If she doesn't play, does anyone know if it will be possible to watch her practise?

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:09 PM
I'm there Wednesday of the first week. Hoping to catch Venus.

If she doesn't play, does anyone know if it will be possible to watch her practise?

For the top players they put them on practice courts that are fenced off. You can usually see them play although some courts are hard to see. There were people in the bushes last year trying to see different players. :tape:

Hingiswinsthis
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
question from someone who never went to the USO:

if i buy Arthur Ashe Day session tickets for a weekday, do i still need to buy Ground Passes to walk around the other courts?

where the heck is the mezzanine seating in the AA stadium in regards to the Promenade?

is it better to buy AA day session tickets in person the day of?

thanks so much! :)

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:36 PM
question from someone who never went to the USO:

if i buy Arthur Ashe Day session tickets for a weekday, do i still need to buy Ground Passes to walk around the other courts?

where the heck is the mezzanine seating in the AA stadium in regards to the Promenade?

is it better to buy AA day session tickets in person the day of?

thanks so much! :)

1. An Arthur Ashe ticket is the same as a grounds pass but it allows you into the stadium. No need to buy anything else.

2. Promenade is aka the nose-bleed section. I'm not sure entirely what you are asking but mezzanine in reguards to broadway is the farther back and higher up seating, which is what promenade is at the Flushing.

3. I'm pretty sure most AA tickets will be sold out by the day of unless you can find scalper tickets but when I was there last year there were tons of people trying to buy and no one trying to sell. :tape:

mrfreeze
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:28 AM
For the top players they put them on practice courts that are fenced off. You can usually see them play although some courts are hard to see. There were people in the bushes last year trying to see different players. :tape:

So it's practically impossible to meet the top ones after they're done practicing?
I've never actually been to the practice day but I know that it's even more impossible to catch them for a sec once the Open really kicks off!:help:

*timtams*
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:53 AM
im off sunday (cos its free) and mon thru frid, altho i might have to run off and catch a flight on fri!
are the qualies free and at the same place?

Willam
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:54 AM
I have seats in row L to the open.. are those good or bads?