PDA

View Full Version : help, Lindsay fans.

*timtams*
Jul 11th, 2007, 11:40 AM
ok... sorry to post of non linds news etc.. but i figure, some of u guys live in the states right and would kinda know this stuff.
Us open... im thinking of going this year and just need a little bit of help...
can you get ground tickets on the day..... where is cheap and easy to stay...... how do i get to the tennis.. cheaply ofcourse (i wont have a car)...... can i take a flag or my 200mm camera in...... etc etc etc
any info would be great......can you get grd ticket and get into the grandstands, where are the practice courts etc etc..
please help me out here guys, would be ace...
xx *becks*

LindsayfanTV
Jul 11th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Becks
I have done the US open on vacation from the UK twice now and it is really easy to get tickets from Ticketmaster in advance and you can collect at the US open box office on the day. You get the subway from New York pretty easily ~ I think it is the 7 line to Willetts point - Shea Stadium.

If you buy a ticket to the Ashe stadium it gets you access to all other courts as well but a ground ticket gets you access to everywhere except Ashe. We got Ashe tickets as you have the choice of everything and it is worth paying a little extra for.

Hotels have good deals in August so if you shop around depending on your price range you should be fine. We stayed in the Courtyard Marriott on 3rd Ave which was very convenient for the subway.

I'm sure others will have better tips than me but I loved the experience and saw Lindsay play too which was fab.

Enjoy

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 11th, 2007, 09:54 PM
ok... sorry to post of non linds news etc.. but i figure, some of u guys live in the states right and would kinda know this stuff.
Us open... im thinking of going this year and just need a little bit of help...
can you get ground tickets on the day..... where is cheap and easy to stay...... how do i get to the tennis.. cheaply ofcourse (i wont have a car)...... can i take a flag or my 200mm camera in...... etc etc etc
any info would be great......can you get grd ticket and get into the grandstands, where are the practice courts etc etc..
please help me out here guys, would be ace...
xx *becks*

I have been attending the US Open, the last five times.
I learned not to buy tickets beforehand because of rains. I usually come early and get tickets at the boxoffice where its always available. Of course there might be a chance that its gonna be soldout( very little chance) but its better than buying ticket and just realize, your fave is not playing on that day. I only buy tickets at ASH when I know Lindsay is playing there, lol. With a groundpass ticket, you can watch anywhere but Ashe.

Transportation around NY is the best in the world. You can go any part of manhattan with their subway.

I have no clue with regards to hotels, because I usually stays at my relatives.

Cameras are OK as long as these are not the professional one uses, which has huge lenses and Zoom.

If you can, don't bring any bag at all. Queuing in lines with bags is so slow.

I hope I'll be there this year again and I'm hoping to see some Lindsay Fans.
Imagine, I hangout with Williams fans almost the whole first week last year and it turned out pretty good after all our bad times on the board.

*timtams*
Jul 12th, 2007, 10:40 AM
hey guys thankyou for the help. I knew posting her would be the best. I miss linds, its good to hear that she's doing that harbour tennis thing, maybe little jagger will be strapped onto her back :haha:
Im thinking of just getting ground passes for the first 4 days as i dont think my fave player (now that linds has pretty much gone) will play on the big courts, unless she plays like venus or someone in the first rd, seeded so again not likely.
So camera, should be fine, my bag of food, camera, ipod, phone (which will simply not fit in pockets), sunscreen... all this crap will cause me to queue-but its not gonna be like q'ing for 5 hours at wimbledon is it!
I dont know where to stay... What areas are near the tennis or how long does it approx take on the train/subway from the main areas of new york etc... Again any help would be awesome

thankyou xx

lindsayno1
Jul 12th, 2007, 09:24 PM
yeah its not like wimbledon...u can always get tix!

*timtams*
Jul 13th, 2007, 10:35 AM
lol cheers guys... now to find a one compartment bag that is not a backpack :fiery: do they even exist... could always take some class and show the usa what a netto bag looks like :haha:
I need a bag of food, im not buying pricey, i refuse!
I also need my camera and sunscreen.... I realise i will get searched!

RayRob
Jul 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM
lol cheers guys... now to find a one compartment bag that is not a backpack :fiery: do they even exist... could always take some class and show the usa what a netto bag looks like :haha:
I need a bag of food, im not buying pricey, i refuse!
I also need my camera and sunscreen.... I realise i will get searched!

I have a one compartment NIKE shoulder bag if you'd like it. I could send you pictures so you can see what it's like. I don't really use it anymore. I bought it a couple of years ago when WImbledon changed their bag regs and I needed a right sized one in quick time.

Rache

*timtams*
Jul 14th, 2007, 04:33 PM
ooo send pics :woohoo: my email is becrolla@yahoo.com

*timtams*
Jul 20th, 2007, 11:42 AM
what about cameras i have digital slr which i wanna take its got a 200mm lense on it, who has been before? and knows if that is cool, i cant find a contact us thing on uso site and dont know who else to ask etc