PDA

View Full Version : Venus: 'IM so happy that i was able to beat someone so awesome'

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Is that gracious enough?:p

VishaalMaria
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Did she even say that?! If she did! I'm not suprised.

Sam L
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Yes, Venus definitely said that. I saw/heard it.

And of course, it's someone awesome. She's the fucking Catherine Zeta Jones of the tennis world. :rolleyes: :p

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Did she even say that?! If she did! I'm not suprised.

yeah, she did....it was the interview where they've just come off the court and they're still out of breath:tape:

VishaalMaria
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Well like I said, I'm not suprised. Ana gave Venus so much trouble in Zurich 04.

sfselesfan
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Take note...the haters are ignoring this thread.

SF

Mrs. Peel
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:28 PM
nothing out of Venus' mouth with EVER be good enough for some people around here:rolleyes:

Jasmin
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Never will be good enough based on...nevermind

GrandSlam05
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:31 PM
She almost was too gracious LOL. That was REALLY nice of her, but does Ana deserve to be called "awesome" ? :lol:

pooh14
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:34 PM
venus in my opinion, usually gives more 'humble' comments/interview compare to her sister.

Paneru
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:35 PM
nothing out of Venus' mouth with EVER be good enough for some people around here:rolleyes:

Don't let it trouble you. ;)
They are what they are.

Nice words from Venus.

It's hard not to like
Ana and respect her game!

sweetpeas
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:39 PM
venus in my opinion, usually gives more 'humble' comments/interview compare to her sister.
Please ,why do one alway"s do that?Just because Serena tells it like it is?sO ONE OF THEM,MUST BE HUMBLE?Go figure???????????????

Tennisaddict
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:41 PM
She almost was too gracious LOL. That was REALLY nice of her, but does Ana deserve to be called "awesome" ? :lol:

Yep, she does. Ana was hitting awesome forehands and winners that even Venus at times could not handle or get a racket on. She was fighting very well.

SunriseSunset
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:42 PM

No. I do like Ivanovic:) , but no.

alias
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Ana is awesome and a sweetheart.

but

she needs to work on her mental game.

ivanban
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM
OMG!!! I think this is greatest compliment Venus ever gave to some player!!! Ana should be sooo proud and thankful for that

woosey
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:16 PM
ana is not awesome. venus was just on a high from beating her and getting into the finals.

sfselesfan
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Venus frequently compliments her opponents. People just love to make a big deal out of this times she doesn't.

SF

starin
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Venus frequently compliments her opponents. People just love to make a big deal out of this times she doesn't.

SF

Venus does compliment players. Except she only does when she actually believes her compliments. I think she said something similar about Justine the first time she played her.

frontier
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I think she meant Ana is is a nice person.Venus is always gracious in defeat/win I remember when everyone bashed her for always smiling after losing to Jelena and Sveta on clay.I have always said on this board that Venus is going to win big specially in the summer and my predictions have come true.I guess she was preparing for this moment to arrive,good things happen to those who wait.I didnt like the way jelena patted Venus patronizing her after the third round where is jelena now .karma is a bitch.Venus you are God's child and he will smile on you tomorrow.:bounce: :bounce:

maximus82
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:34 PM
I've never said that Venus is disgraceful...but I do tend to think that about Serena. They are two totally different people and you shouldn't conflate criticism of one for the other.

That said, I wouldn't say that Ana played awesome today by any stretch of the imagination. I watched most of the match and thought Ana played bad at the beginning and medium-ish at the end. Too few first serves in.

Hopefully V will take the title tomorrow!

CORIA01
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Really Nice Words From Her!

Kunal
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:47 PM
wicked

Dasha_
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Ana really is awesome. And Venus is great as always

RVD
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Both sisters give credit where/when credit is due. Frequently have.
It's just those who don't like them, for whatever twisted reasoning, who've stated otherwise. But who really cares about those boners anyway? :shrug: :tape:

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:26 PM
It's just those who don't like them, for whatever twisted reasoning, who've stated otherwise. But who really cares about those boners anyway? :shrug: :tape:
BTW, if Vee had lost, they'd be all over this board. Thank you Queen Vee. :worship::worship::worship:

Fidello
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Venus proved me wrong... this time

MK hamster
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Nice words from Venus...

darrinbaker00
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:03 PM
I've never understood why it's so important for the loser to "give credit" (whatever that means) to the winner anyway. I would think that hearing your name after "Game, set, match" would be enough validation of your play that day, but that's just me.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Dexter will be so happy with this comment ;)

Infiniti2001
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Venus proved me wrong... this time

:unsure:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:09 PM

SF

Yes the ones that always says Venus and Serena never give props...im glad she did give some credit to Ivonovic...but the truely awesome player..she beat..was Davenport back in 05...everything ABOUT that match was awesome....I think i almost had a baby watching that match..and im a male..lol

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:26 PM

Exactly. Some people hate first and look for reasons to later, ie, already disliking the sisters and then waiting for a questionable comment to try and justify it. So of course they over look all the really good things she says. They never wanted to here them in the first place.

mb011
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:30 PM
i'm ana's fan, and i give credit to venus for saying that. that was nice.

shrOOf
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Venus :)

Fidello
Jul 7th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Yes the ones that always says Venus and Serena never give props...im glad she did give some credit to Ivonovic...but the truely awesome player..she beat..was Davenport back in 05...everything ABOUT that match was awesome....I think i almost had a baby watching that match..and im a male..lolHey, I'm a hater :devil: and I just gave her credit. But don't get me started on Wimbedon '05 final.

Thkmra
Jul 7th, 2007, 01:42 AM

SF

Haters wll be haters!!! Nothing ever really changes, as the saying goes:rolleyes:

Thkmra
Jul 7th, 2007, 01:53 AM
ana is not awesome. venus was just on a high from beating her and getting into the finals.

:lol: :lol: Well even though that is sorta accurate:tape: You can't entirely discount what kind a player Ivanovic is, and what kind of potential she has. Venus is well aware of this, and knew fully what she is capable of doing

Thanx4nothin
Jul 7th, 2007, 02:28 AM
She nearly always does give credit, maybe she should do an henin. Give the same comment to all her opponents then (a) Go on at tedium about how tough she is on the big points and 'THE experience' or (b) say she should have won the match or she was in control, the better player or confused about the outcome see comments from - Miami, US Open lose to Masha, Today...Vee and Ree should say my opponent played great and then launch into their usual like everyone else does, because apparently, far from being patronising people seem to think that is respectful...hoy...

nikita771
Jul 7th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Venus has been very complimentary of her opponents during this fortnight. She's talked about the talent that she's been up against and how well everyone has played.

Bruno71
Jul 7th, 2007, 03:04 AM
She nearly always does give credit, maybe she should do an henin. Give the same comment to all her opponents then (a) Go on at tedium about how tough she is on the big points and 'THE experience' or (b) say she should have won the match or she was in control, the better player or confused about the outcome see comments from - Miami, US Open lose to Masha, Today...Vee and Ree should say my opponent played great and then launch into their usual like everyone else does, because apparently, far from being patronising people seem to think that is respectful...hoy...

What do you expect Justine to say? She kicked my ass across the court? I shouldn't have been here I was so bad? If Justine has some pat answers it's because she wants to make sure she gives credit where it's due. You sound like you just want to attack her for no reason...she was very gracious in her loss today and said nothing wrong.

Alizé Molik
Jul 7th, 2007, 03:40 AM
no one could ever say that Venus isn't gracious and a genuine person.

did you see how excited she was after she beat Ivanovic?

jmosh
Jul 7th, 2007, 03:48 AM
That was very nice of Venus.. even though I DO NOT believe Ana is awesome. The Williams sisters give credit where credit is due. Every single time they step on the court the match is in their hands, if they play well they WILL win. if not they are vulnerable. Confidence is everything in tennis! Go Vee!