PDA

View Full Version : Henin's return of serve

doddel
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:42 PM
given she makes it to the final, she will have to come up with substantially bigger returns if she is to trouble Venus Williams

she is just bringing the ball into play, nothing more, even on a weak serve like Bartoli's

cartmancop
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I agree that she'll need to gamble a bit more to avoid letting Venus get on top of the point right away.

KBdoubleu
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM
She also needs to have a high first serve percentage or Venus will feast on her second serves. It should be an interesting final if Henin gets past Bartoli.

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Well, she can return big serves well... we all know that.

mboyle
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Justine is the second best returner in the game after Serena. I'd be willing to bet the house she'll get to match point against Venus. I'm less than 50% sure she'll be able to win that match point. Technically, Justine is the best player in the world by a long way. Mentally, she's still somewhat of a choker. She's a fighter as well, but she can choke.

doddel
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Justine is the second best returner in the game after Serena. I'd be willing to bet the house she'll get to match point against Venus. I'm less than 50% sure she'll be able to win that match point. Technically, Justine is the best player in the world by a long way. Mentally, she's still somewhat of a choker. She's a fighter as well, but she can choke.

she's not in the final yet ;)

and she gets a lot of serves back, but by just blocking them. Even if it's a 100mph serve

Bruno71
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM
She can return Serena's serves (and everybody else's) so I think she'll be able to against Venus as well.

VishaalMaria
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Well to be honest, Justine is playing Marion and thus is probably just implementing her tactics against Marion. I'm sure it'll be different against Venus.