PDA

View Full Version : Justine has more to lose

cook29
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM
in the event taht we get a venus and jsutine final which looks probable, there is no question taht justine will carry far more pressure and have much more to lose.Justine has never won wimbledon and needs it to add to her resume.She also lost to venus the last time they played in the wimbledon finals and has got a terrible record against venus.Eventhough most of there matches were a long time ago, venus won all of them except 1.

Justine will be nervous and i think VENUS will beat her up in the final.If it goes 3, i also think venus will have the advantage.Wimbledon is Venus's second home.

lets wait and see but Justine is expected to win, she has been considered the favourite from the beginning.

justineheninfan
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Nothing you say makes sense. Venus and Justine's head to head means nothing since their last match was January 2003. Venus was in her dominant prime and Justine had never won a slam title yet. Justine was nothing like she is now and Venus was better.
Venus did not play that well today at all. She was lucky Ivanovic made so many errors. I actually think thier winners were the same and Ana had over twice the errors. Venus already peaked with her match with Sharapova. If justine plays well and holds her nerve she wins, period.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Nothing you say makes sense. Venus and Justine's head to head means nothing since their last match was January 2003. Venus was in her dominant prime and Justine had never won a slam title yet. Justine was nothing like she is now and Venus was better.
Venus did not play that well today at all. She was lucky Ivanovic made so many errors. I actually think thier winners were the same and Ana had over twice the errors. Venus already peaked with her match with Sharapova. If justine plays well and holds her nerve she wins, period.

If Venus has fewer than 20 ue's she's near impossible to beat. I think she had 14 today. Venus has nothing more to prove at Wimbledon, justine does.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Justine hasn't played her best in slam finals, but she gets to every slam final. This is 6 for 6

I think this is a bigger match for Venus. She's won one major since 2001

alias
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Venus peaked, Justine will win in 3.

Jasmin
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I think the pressure is on Henin because regardless of Venus h2h with her Henin is the favorite.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Justine hasn't played her best in slam finals, but she gets to every slam final she plays in. This is 6 for 6

I think this is a bigger match for Venus. She's won one major since 2001

So she's 1 and 5 in the last five? Not too shabby considering she's only played mental midgets.:tape:

cartmancop
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I think the pressure will be on Justine. She really wants to complete her career slam and knows that if Venus were to come out on fire, there's not much that can be done.

She'll have to play much better than she did against Serena, that match was poor from both :lol: Justine's serve will be a big factor. She needs a high % of 1st serves to try to limit Vee's ability to attack.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Justine is 2-3 in slam finals since the start of 2006. She didn't finish the 2006 AO final.
So 2-2 in the other 4, and this is the next one.
And the last 2 months Justine seems to be in career form, or very near it.

GrandSlam05
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Wrong. Venus has more to prove. Justine has already won a major this year. Venus hasn't won one in 2 years. Venus has to prove she's "still got it" by winning another Wimbledon.

mboyle
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Wrong. Venus has more to prove. Justine has already won a major this year. Venus hasn't won one in 2 years. Venus has to prove she's "still got it" by winning another Wimbledon.

Please...let's not kid ourselves. Justine obviously has more to prove. Venus has already won Wimbledon. Winning a fourth time is basically fighting for brownie points. It's like Justine at the French. It means nothing to Venus' status as an all time great unless she manages to win ten, and she almost certainly can't do that.

Wimbledon is the one slam Justine hasn't won. If she wins it, she has 7 majors and starts contending for serious with Serena for the title of "best of the generation." Justine is higher ranked. She is expected to win. The pressure will be on her. She faltered badly against Mauresmo last year. She faltered really badly against Serena in the quarters. She will falter against Venus again tomorrow. The question is whether she is so much better than Venus technically that she can build up enough of a cushion to save herself from her own choking.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Kinda remind me of Michelle Kwan and the Olympic gold metal...yes I'm a Williams fan and I hope Venus shows Justine no mercy lol...BUT..aside from my thoughts..I can see how when someone REALLY wants a title so bad that they loose it...because of nerves. Michelle Kwan had an opportunity TWICE to win a Olympic gold and EVEN EASIER in Salt lake...shit they basically said "Here Michelle skate and don't fall and you GOT IT!) and what did she do....made a dairy queen Blizzard right on her ass...so yeah Justine is going to have to fight off a lot of pressure from a person who has a 7-1 h2h match over her, the underdog, and playing some good damn tennis...so...well see....(no mercy venus williams lol)

GrandSlam05
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Please...let's not kid ourselves. Justine obviously has more to prove. Venus has already won Wimbledon. Winning a fourth time is basically fighting for brownie points. It's like Justine at the French. It means nothing to Venus' status as an all time great unless she manages to win ten, and she almost certainly can't do that.

Wimbledon is the one slam Justine hasn't won. If she wins it, she has 7 majors and starts contending for serious with Serena for the title of "best of the generation." Justine is higher ranked. She is expected to win. The pressure will be on her. She faltered badly against Mauresmo last year. She faltered really badly against Serena in the quarters. She will falter against Venus again tomorrow. The question is whether she is so much better than Venus technically that she can build up enough of a cushion to save herself from her own choking.

I still disagree. Justine has never been a "queen of grass" but Venus is. IMO no matter the ranking, Venus goes into this match as the favorite based on the past. Wimbledon is the only slam where Venus has done well at in the last few years. If she can't win this one, it proves that time has passed her by.

VishaalMaria
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Justine will feel the most pressure IMHO.

eck
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Who cares?
The rate she's playing, she's no chance in getting the final.
I rather she lose than see her playing so shitty.

Tennisaddict
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I agree that the pressure will be on Justine. She´s the nr. 1 in the world and she´s supposed to beat Venus.
Looks like she´s already feeling the pressure judging from her match with Bartoli.

Btw, I respect Bartoli´s fight a lot. This girl can play!

DA FOREHAND
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I still disagree. Justine has never been a "queen of grass" but Venus is. IMO no matter the ranking, Venus goes into this match as the favorite based on the past. Wimbledon is the only slam where Venus has done well at in the last few years. If she can't win this one, it proves that time has passed her by.

Is that why Lindsay retired?

venus_rulez
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM

It proves time has passed her by? Sorry, but that's the dumbest thing I have read on this board in a long time. Despite everyone talking about her lack of confidence, her low ranking, and the fact that she played pretty shitty in 2 of the first 3 rounds she got her game to take out Oz Open finalist Sharapova in straights, #4 ranked Kuznetsova in straights, and A grand slam finalst just a few weeks ago in straights. Yep, win or lose tomorrow that's definitely the game passing her by :rolleyes:

V-fan
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:40 PM

Try to return Venus's first serve on grass.......Are you kidding that she wasn't playing well...Navratilova commented the match on BBC and she said Venus is playing well....

VishaalMaria
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Is that why Lindsay retired?

No because she was pregnant. And if that's a snipe at Lindsay Davenport then you should be ashamed.

shuttle
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Justine won't be playing Venus by the look of it! :rolleyes: :fiery:

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Justine might be in the middle of one of the biggest chokes ever

shuttle
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:47 PM

How is this a choke? :shrug:

Does the other player playing better than you mean it's a choke?

DA FOREHAND
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:50 PM

justine doesn't choke, I mean welll....errr, not since just after she won her first slam, you must be referring to the old justine you know the one w/no family and a gay husband. She will right this ship before she sinks.:help:

GrandSlam05
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:51 PM
It proves time has passed her by? Sorry, but that's the dumbest thing I have read on this board in a long time. Despite everyone talking about her lack of confidence, her low ranking, and the fact that she played pretty shitty in 2 of the first 3 rounds she got her game to take out Oz Open finalist Sharapova in straights, #4 ranked Kuznetsova in straights, and A grand slam finalst just a few weeks ago in straights. Yep, win or lose tomorrow that's definitely the game passing her by :rolleyes:
I was not taking a dig on Venus. I think she will win. But IF she doesn't win in her best tournament, it kinda proves that she's not the player she used to be. That's all I'm saying.