PDA

View Full Version : Ana IVANOVIC will be the next new number one player!

hollywood7172
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:29 PM
HEY ALL!!! i wrote this thread back in july 2007, and i was ridiculed for saying ana will be the next new number 1.

well, i was right. so EAT ME and my uncanny ability to spot future number one's out of the multi-talented WTA players
original post is as follows
************************************************** ************************************************** **

:hearts: :devil: let's look at the contenders: (in 5 years williamsX2, henin, mauresmo, petrova, hingis,hantuchova will be retired....only sharapova will be left, and 2007 has been a downward spiral for her ....for now...)

1. jelena jankovic: not enough weapons and not enough mental strength. plus as she ages her biggest weapon: speed: will be gone

2. nicole vaidisova: emotionally still immature. can't handle the big moments. she's been in QF and SF for too long with no breakthrough. plus her game is too high-risk.

3. ANA IVANOVIC: my pick for the next new number 1 in WTA history. work on that backhand one more year and she'll be number one faster than you can say "serbian sensation"

4. dinara safina: marat part2. has the gift, has the skills, but can't mentally breakthrough. inconsistent

5. shahar peer: she's almost like a jankovic with less mobility and weaker bakhand-- not # 1 material

6. tatiana golovin: she's been on tour for so long, if she's not number one by 2008,, she never will be. needs to work on consistency

7. na li: too old to compete with the youngsters. she's got good skills but brought them out too late.

winner: ANA IVANOVIC:worship::hearts: :angel: :kiss: :drool: :lick: :lol: :worship: :devil:

woosey
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:33 PM
she'll be a very weak number 1. if paszek rises, she won't be the top for long cuz the austrian has more fortitude than ana. ana's a bit of a punk to me.

Highlandman
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I dont think Safina,Li,Golovin and Peer are serious contenders for #1. And you dont know who is there in 2012, many young girls will come to the tour as well and nobody knows how Ana is playing in 5 years. Defintely to predict something for this time, but when Ana will work more and more in future, she maybe has a chance to be #1 someday.

Langers
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
:hearts: :devil:

let's look at the contenders: (in 5 years williamsX2, henin, mauresmo, petrova, hingis,hantuchova will be retired....only sharapova will be left, and 2007 has been a downward spiral for her ....for now...)

1. jelena jankovic: not enough weapons and not enough mental strength. plus as she ages her biggest weapon: speed: will be gone

2. nicole vaidisova: emotionally still immature. can't handle the big moments. she's been in QF and SF for too long with no breakthrough. plus her game is too high-risk.

3. ANA IVANOVIC: my pick for the next new number 1 in WTA history. work on that backhand one more year and she'll be number one faster than you can say "serbian sensation"

4. dinara safina: marat part2. has the gift, has the skills, but can't mentally breakthrough. inconsistent

5. shahar peer: she's almost like a jankovic with less mobility and weaker bakhand-- not # 1 material

6. tatiana golovin: she's been on tour for so long, if she's not number one by 2008,, she never will be. needs to work on consistency

7. na li: too old to compete with the youngsters. she's got good skills but brought them out too late.

winner: ANA IVANOVIC:worship::hearts: :angel: :kiss: :drool: :lick: :lol: :worship: :devil:
Hantuchova is a CONTENDER? :spit:

Dexter
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:38 PM
What she has to work on is her mental part of the game. She needs to develop this sort of focus Serena has. It's very tough, but when she'll do it she's gonna be lethal too. If she does it remains to be seen, I believe she will.

BestShooterEver
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Its going to be a very close top10 in years to come. The powergame is so common now, the next player to win a series of slams (ala Henin/Serena) will need some extra in the IQ like Hingis had in order to stand out.

Leopold Stotch
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:44 PM
She needs to get serve percenatges up and be a bit faster out of the blocks but the signs are there that she's heading for the top.

SeaUrchin
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM
No, she won't.

mboyle
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
she'll be a very weak number 1. if paszek rises, she won't be the top for long cuz the austrian has more fortitude than ana. ana's a bit of a punk to me.

What is that even supposed to mean? Paszek doesn't have enough power for the modern game. The only promising young player (under 17) is Wozniaki, IMHO.

As for the original post, I think you got the answer right, but your reasoning is off. I still think Sharapova will end up with a better career than Ivanovic, but I now think Ivanovic will have a better career than Vaidisova, and I know for a fact all three will have better careers than Jankovic.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't toss Jankovic so quickly. She didn't handle the rain delay, but she's a much better mover than Ana

kinglear
Aug 9th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I think she can make it number one if she increases her mental belief, because she definitely has the game. Watching her play, I've decieded that can create the angles, and hit the difficult shots that players like Hingis and Myskina can hit, but with power. I think Ana takes a lot of risks with where she's directing the ball, but she does it well, and REALLY hard. :)

Piotr'ek
Aug 9th, 2007, 06:52 PM
You dont know who of todays superprospects will turn out into a complete player in 5 years.

Russianboy
Aug 9th, 2007, 06:58 PM
no, maria will be #1 if she plays like now. that will be enough for these girls. get over it. period

Petkorazzi
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Chaky not on the list :rolleyes: Li who is 25 on the list :spit:

cellophane
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Pointless thread.

saint2
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM

Big moments, like RG final? :) Ana is very emotionaly immature too...More than Nicole...

hingis44
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I will be happy and proud that its Ivanovic the new N 1

sammy01
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:22 PM
anna chakvetadze will be the next new number 1! wooooooooooooooo! (ok im mad)

pierce0415
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Li may be 25 but she is younger in tennis years because she retired for 2 years, went to college and she has an education :worship:

who knows how long she will play?

iPatty
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:23 PM
golovin has been on the tour for a long time?
hantuchova is a contender for #1?
sharapova is in a downward spiral?

so many things wrong with that post. you are an idiot.

ViennaCalling
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:31 PM
What is that even supposed to mean? Paszek doesn't have enough power for the modern game. The only promising young player (under 17) is Wozniaki, IMHO.

Don't think so. Tamira has powerful strokes, but she's not a mindless ballbasher. She can play her forehand and her backhand with a lot of pressure, but she needs to improve her serve. She took Sharapova to three sets in Birmingham, so she doesn't seem to have BIG problems with the powerful game of her. She's already in Top 40, so i don't think she doesn't have enough power. I don't say that Tamira will be Number 1 one day, i hope it, but to say Tamira has no weapons is wrong IMO.
I like the fact, that she seems to have a gameplan - sometimes this gameplan is successful, sometimes not.

CORIA01
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Yes She Defenetely Is A Potential Number One
She Is The Best Of The Young Generation With Nicole

DefyingGravity
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Yeah, Ivanovic has the potential to beat the other present teens and barely twenty somethings when the big girls (Henin [lol, bad joke putting her first], Williams sisters, Mauresmo, Petrova, Dementieva, Hingis et al.) are gone. Sharapova, judging on her newfound resurgance and bigger self belief than at the beginning of the year will be an absolute monster to break down. Vaidisova has Capriati-syndrome of choking in big moments (sorry Jen, I still love you). Ivanovic could easily be number two once some of the other players step out of the way. Ivanovic would have to get a step quicker, develop a better court sense (play the right shot at the right time), and use her height on her serve. She's a good player, but she serves like she's about Serena's height, and Clijsters's strength. She could really use her height to get an extra 10-20 mph by hitting down on the ball a little more. I'm watching her play Medina Garrigues at the French, and I go, "She's good, but she's making stupid mistakes that a top one or two doesn't make often".

Love you Ana! Just a bit of fine tuning and you're there!

DefyingGravity
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Big moments, like RG final? :) Ana is very emotionaly immature too...More than Nicole...

Ana is emotionally immature, but her game is not so explosive like Nicole. Ana can still control parts of her game when she breaks down emotionally. With Vaidisova, everything goes to hell once she gets rattled.

LUVMIRZA
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:48 PM
How about Mirza? I guess she has the potential to be number one and If she improves her serve thats possible.

mb011
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't count out Jankovic just yet, she's just 2 years older then Ana, and has incredible talent, and is very persistent. she overdid it this year, but my guess is, if she lowers the number of tournamnets, she can be at the top 3 for a long time. sure she is not of the mentally strongest players out there, but she is a fighter, and is working on that part of her game.

I think Ana is the future number one, and she has proved it this season, as evryone started to write her off, at the beginning of the year she sacked Taylor and has been on rise ever since. she's just getting better, plus she has a very well planned schedule for her young age, so I guess she's here to stay.

Sharapova of course will be a force in the future, but my guess is she has to many occupations outside tennis, and she needs to be carefull not to be distracted by modeling, acting etc.

vaidisova just isn't mature enough, and has proved that a couple of times now.

The bottom line is, the Serbians are here to stay, and the Fed Cup is ours in 3 years time :)

mb011
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:52 PM
How about Mirza? I guess she has the potential to be number one and If she improves her serve thats possible.

Nope, number one no, but a top 10 yes. IMO she's just plain beatable by the bigger players... jankovic really kicked her butt a cuople of times, when Mirza was on the rise...

Tennace
Aug 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
How are people trying to predict the #1 in 5 years.

5 years before Sharapova got to #1 was in the year 2000. Did anyone here back in 2000 say "Maria Sharapova will be #1 in 5 years!"

densuprun
Aug 9th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Li may be 25 but she is younger in tennis years because she retired for 2 years, went to college and she has an education :worship:

who knows how long she will play?

As if this has any relevance to the #1 discussion.

Freakan
Aug 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
That is sooooo obvious. We don't need a thread for that.

densuprun
Aug 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
She Is The Best Of The Young Generation With Nicole

Maria is just as young as Ana (a few months age difference). And she is the best. Alone.

Bruno71
Aug 9th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Ana - Could very well be a future #1, but like was mentioned about Vaidisova, she has a high risk game that I've seen breakdown TREMENDOUSLY at times. It's good that this is happening less often and she's been able to stay more consistent at slams now. Has the serve. Huge talent, but still needs to work on defense and consistency.

Jelena - Her form this year between Charleston and Birmingham was #1 caliber. But she still had problems beating Justine Henin and her serve lets her down consistently. I could see her being #1 if she works on her serve. Her mentality has improved. Her defense gives her a huge edge.

Nicole - Has all the weapons but seems to lack focus. She plays her best when she's down, which conversely leaves her not a great frontrunner against the top players. Still, this is something that could be improved and she definitely should contend for #1 in the future. Weaknesses are also defense and consistency.

Anna C. - She gets called out for weak shotmaking, but her groundstrokes are actually quite effective. Her 2nd serve is terrible and needs to be improved ASAP. She has incredible control over her shots, knows how to construct points, and defends adequately, so I can see her contending.

Dani - Has really made strides this year with consistency and variety, but I still don't see her anywhere near #1 caliber yet. She has the talent though and is still young.

Li - Seems to only play one way...hit hit hit. She needs to add variety to her game. I don't think she will.

Golovin - I can barely get a read on her, she's injured so often. Seems to have the talent and is young, but will have to figure out how to keep her body intact.

Peer - Like Jankovic, the serve just isn't up to snuff yet. Her defense is very good but she doesn't quite have the ability to turn defense to offense like Jankovic and others do. She's still young and I'm hoping for the best, but I don't see it yet.

Safina - Tough player to get a read on...nothing seems to stand out above others, yet she's all around solid enough to crack the top 10. I'd be surprised if she makes top 5, let alone #1, though.

Mirza - Her forehand alone can win her matches, but her backhand seems to have also made strides. Her serve needs work (I guess this is a contagion among most ambitious young players :lol:). With some dedication I could maybe see her contending for #1 in the future, but it will not be anytime too soon.

Paszek - Obviously a huge natural talent, her game doesn't seem fully gelled yet, so I'll reserve judgment for when that happens.

Jirku
Aug 9th, 2007, 09:46 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

that women will never be number one :rolls:

Jirku
Aug 9th, 2007, 09:47 PM

let's look at the contenders: (in 5 years williamsX2, henin, mauresmo, petrova, hingis,hantuchova will be retired....only sharapova will be left, and 2007 has been a downward spiral for her ....for now...)

and still they get dumber and dumber :rolleyes:

not number one when she's 20 and it will never happen ? :rolleyes:

Dexter
Aug 9th, 2007, 09:49 PM
and still they get dumber and dumber :rolleyes:

not number one when she's 20 and it will never happen ? :rolleyes:Ana is still a teenager, get your facts straight. Thanx.

And btw, Momo got to #1 when she was well in her twenties.

Uranus
Aug 9th, 2007, 09:52 PM
She'll definitely have a shot when she'll be able to find consistency, not only in GSs and Tier Is.

The Daviator
Aug 9th, 2007, 09:54 PM
She'll become as consistent as Lindsay soon, with her game, and if she improves her focus like Dexter said, she'll become #1 :yeah:

frontier
Aug 9th, 2007, 10:01 PM
the exciting period in tennis after the williams henin momo hingis are retired is going to come from the generation girls who are 14yr olds to 16yr olds like Paszek.This generation of Ivanovic,safina,chakky,sveta,jj,will struggle to win slams as long as the likes of henin,serena,venus,are still playing with the exception of a few the rest are just boring personalities

Jirku
Aug 9th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Ana is still a teenager, get your facts straight. Thanx.

And btw, Momo got to #1 when she was well in her twenties.

you have to get your facts straight, the Tati part was in Bold, so my answer was at .... Tati :rolleyes:

Harvs
Aug 9th, 2007, 10:03 PM
id agree for sure... but i think it will be maybe in a years time...

darice
Aug 10th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I dont think Safina,Li,Golovin and Peer are serious contenders for #1. And you dont know who is there in 2012, many young girls will come to the tour as well and nobody knows how Ana is playing in 5 years. Defintely to predict something for this time, but when Ana will work more and more in future, she maybe has a chance to be #1 someday.

ita!!! but yeah ana will be #1 at some point. can't wait for her to actually win a slam which i know will come soon. :)

evan2907
Aug 10th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Svetlana will be the next new n°1
She also will be the next RG winner when Justine will be retire.

Tenis Srbija
Aug 10th, 2007, 12:58 PM

OMG :hearts: I have never seen so much crap in one post... You rock man/woman :worship:

Poova
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Tough to say. Ana has #1 potential but you don't know what will happen in five years. I mean, five years ago in 2002 Serena was dominating and everyone expected her to dominate the game for years to come. But she didn't.

So yeah, my point is you can't tell what's going to happen in future years. :p

Hashim.
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:16 PM
btw why does everyone forgets kuzi..she is the same age as JJ..:shrug:

frenchie
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM
What about Kuznetsova?:confused:

I think it will be tied between JJ, Ana, Anna C and Kuznetsova!:worship:

Lol at Li, Golovin, Peer and Vaidisova:lol: :lol: :help: . The first 3 have never been in the top 15:o and the last one has never reached a final of a tier 2 or above:o

Hashim.
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:22 PM
i meant to say she is also a contender for no.1 isn't she :shrug:
the person didn't mention her :lol:

mboyle
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM
How are people trying to predict the #1 in 5 years.

5 years before Sharapova got to #1 was in the year 2000. Did anyone here back in 2000 say "Maria Sharapova will be #1 in 5 years!"

Excellent point...

mboyle
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Lol at Li, Golovin, Peer and Vaidisova:lol: :lol: :help: . The first 3 have never been in the top 15:o and the last one has never reached a final of a tier 2 or above:o

Vaidisova has earned the fourth most points in grand slams this year after Serena, Henin and Sharapova. She doesn't play many tournaments and has been injured. Chakvetadze has never been to a slam semi. Jankovic is old. Kuznetsova is old. I won't defend Li, Peer or Golovin as no. 1 contenders, but Vaidisova most certainly is.

Cp6uja
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
But in 2000 you have chances to predict "#1 in next 5 years" young Williams sisters and Belgians and Momo!

Sharapova is only exception!

ViennaCalling
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Vaidisova has earned the fourth most points in grand slams this year after Serena, Henin and Sharapova. She doesn't play many tournaments and has been injured. Chakvetadze has never been to a slam semi. Jankovic is old. Kuznetsova is old. I won't defend Li, Peer or Golovin as no. 1 contenders, but Vaidisova most certainly is.

:spit:

Thanks, she is only one day older than me. :o
If 22 is old for you, how old are you? 15? :tape:

Mightymirza
Aug 10th, 2007, 01:58 PM

Well easier said than done! Look at dementieva :o (plus she also needs to improve the fitness immensely!) Anyways Ana can do it! Ajde ana! :silly: @ na li, peer,safina in the list!! :o they all have long way to go before being contenders!

patch.
Aug 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I dont know about next number 1 but Ana is future number 1 - shell win Roland Garros 08

Dexter
Aug 10th, 2007, 02:01 PM
:spit:

Thanks, she is only one day older than me. :o
If 22 is old for you, how old are you? 15? :tape::hug: I guess it's more important how old do you feel. :awww:

DefyingGravity
Aug 10th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Okay. Here are my contenders for number one once Justine, Williams sisters, and current dominant players retire.

Maria Sharapova-She's got so much confidence in every other facit of her game, and she's been doing well. She won San Diego again, and toughed out a match with Michaella Krajicek. She's showing number one ability to win matches on days where it really shouldn't be your day. My pick to win Wimbledon once Mauresmo, Justine, Venus, and Serena are gone. My pick to win the U.S. Open, and my pick to win the Australian Open anytime.

Ana Ivanovic-Great ball striking. She's got the weight of shot like a Lindsay Davenport, and with her new coach is getting more of a transition and volley game. She could work to be a step quicker, and use her serve and height better. Getting a little better courtsense wouldn't hurt either. My pick to win the U.S. Open at any time....she could win Roland Garros as well.

Nicole Vaidisova-When she goes for it, she goes for it! Nicole, however, is a choker in big moments (RG 06, Wimbledon 07). Now, I know that the previous two ladies have had their share of chokes, but they've got the ability to regroup much better than Vaidisova. Once she gets that mental game under control, she'll be so hard to beat. But, she could DEFINITELY use better court sense, a better volley game (swinging volleys are nice, but...), and better forward and diagonal movement. Better longevity would help too, as she gets injured fairly easy. My pick to win the Australian Open once Serena leaves the game, or gets disinterested. My pick to win Wimbledon once she can volley and run better.

Jelena Jankovic-Jelena's got great potential already, but I have a feeling that she gets tired mid season from all the tournaments she plays. It was a good strategy last year, because she really didn't hit a roll until Rome. Now that she's been playing infinitely better, she should tone down her schedule just a smidge!!! My pick to win Roland Garros once Justine starts losing it. My pick to win the Australian Open if Maria doesn't get there first.

Cp6uja
Aug 10th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Okay. Here are my contenders for number one once Justine, Williams sisters, and current dominant players retire.Even before that if they improvment will still continue!

Maria already proof that in her peaks (without injury and bad shape problems) she knows how reach #1. Kuznetsova and Jankovic already reach #3 and Sveta proof that know how win GS or reach slam final and Jelena proof that in her best games knows how won every single player in WTA (Henin is exception only because some kind of complex - they played 3seters in 5 of they 6 H2H). Ana is #5 and still progressing and reach in last two months tier-I title, slam clay final and slam grass semi and Vaidisova is so young but already proof that she is #1 material and of course still progressing (in her game, not in results). Anna, Lucie, Peer... is dark horses and we will soon how is they posibilities for real-deal scenario in future.

Apoorv
Aug 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Maria Sharapova will be the most dominant force outside clay till Paszek develops her game furthur. dont forget she is only 16 and power in her groundstrokes will increase. she has a great attitude which separates great ones form good ones. Ana will be number one but she wont be there for long time.

Natalicious
Aug 10th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Maria Sharapova will be the most dominant force outside clay till Paschek develops her game furthur. dont forget she is only 16 and power in her groundstrokes will increase. she has a great attitude which separates great ones form good ones. Ana will be number one but she wont be there for long time.

it's paszek ;)

and i think she has great chances to get to #1 if she can make smth with her serve, her mental strengh is really :worship:

Matt01
Aug 10th, 2007, 07:45 PM
So far, Paszek has done practially nothing on the court to justify the hype around her on this board...she's 16, please let her be for some more time :rolleyes:

And where or when did Vaidosova exactly prove that she is #1 material??? I missed have missed that...

ViennaCalling
Aug 10th, 2007, 07:48 PM
So far, Paszek has done practially nothing on the court to justify the hype around her on this board...she's 16, please let her be for some more time :rolleyes:

And where or when did Vaidosova exactly prove that she is #1 material??? I missed have missed that...

That's a little bit harsh :o

she's 16, please let her be for some more time :rolleyes:

That's right ;)

matanuriel
Aug 11th, 2007, 10:12 AM

:spit: Shahar has been #15, so she has been in the top 15.

And for Ivanovic, I believe she'll be #1 some day, but not for long. Same goes for Vaidisova. But the long time #1 will come from the younger girls, I really can't know who would it be but I think Paszek has the best chance at the moment.

mankind
Aug 11th, 2007, 10:45 AM
The next NEW number one player (ie, not Sharapova if she gets it again, or the WS) will most likely be one of the Serbians. If Henin slips up, and if Sharapova can't defend all those points from AO, RG, etc next year, most likely someone like JJ will grab it for a bit. Having said that I think Henin's got the No.1 ranking until someone can prove they are better than her. Which no one has thus far.

lympyisthebest
Aug 11th, 2007, 10:55 AM
You never know which player will break through in 5 years time. 5 years ago, a lot of people thought Hantuchova will be #1 after she won Indian Wells, and names like Ivanovic, Vaidisova and Jankovic were un-heard of.

hollywood7172
Aug 11th, 2007, 12:00 PM
for those of you who obviously have trouble reading:

the title of this thread is about who the next NEW number one will be

NOT who will be number one in 5 years.

sheesh

kinglear
Aug 11th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Since watching a lot of her matches recently, I've realized that she usually always has opportunitites, it's just that she either dumps the shot into the net or out, but usually she dumps it into the net. So if she can not dump the shot into the net, she would have almost no unforced errors. :angel: But it's good that a player creates the opportunities for themself instead of never having the opportunity.

DavenportForever
Aug 11th, 2007, 02:26 PM
too early to tell.

strictennis
Aug 11th, 2007, 03:22 PM

What about the return of Kim Clijsters to the tour?

Matt01
Aug 11th, 2007, 03:44 PM
the title of this thread is about who the next NEW number one will be

NOT who will be number one in 5 years.

Well, unless Henin gets seriously injured or ill, that's basically the same ;)

Steffica Greles
Aug 11th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I think the number one ranking is open to practically any player with top ten potential, who possesses the requisite drive, killer instinct, mental and physical stamina, as well as fortitude to cope with injuries.

In fact, not even the entire package of those qualities is needed, although most are. Mauresmo, for example, can never be said to have possessed a red-eyed killer instinct.

It's been this way for at least the last four years, although I'd argue that ever since Graf was deposed in early 1997, the number one ranking has been open to a number of players, and good fortune in respect of who is fit and who is injured has played rather a large part in deciding who has ascended to the pinnacle of the profession.

hollywood7172
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
HEY ALL!!! i wrote this thread back in july 2007, and i was ridiculed for saying ana will be the next new number 1.

well, i was right. so EAT ME and my uncanny ability to spot future number one's out of the multi-talented WTA players.

the original post is at the start of this thread

Ben.
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Well done to Ana :yeah: she completely deserves that No.1 ranking & hopefully winning the title will make it even sweeter :cool:

Freakan
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:35 PM
That is sooooo obvious. We don't need a thread for that.

:yeah:

hollywood7172
Jun 6th, 2008, 04:41 AM
:devil::devil:BUMP:devil::devil:

hollywood7172
Jun 6th, 2008, 12:56 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

that women will never be number one :rolls:

for you "never" ends on june 9, 2008