PDA

View Full Version : I love Venus, even though she beat my fave. I'll tell you why.

tennisbear7
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Venus is so classy. She is always so gracious in both losing and winning and she definitely deserves to be in the final. After her match against Ana, she said that she was "so excited to beat someone so awesome" - and I think Ana played OK - her performance was marred by poor serving and an inability to convert break points.

A lot of people around here argue about Serena's press conferences and what she says in the media. Clearly, Serena is the more outspoken of the two and that gets her into strife when it comes to public perception. But I think Venus doesn't have all that drama around her and I think that has to do with Venus just puts her head down and doesn't enjoy a confrontation as much as Serena does :lol:.

From all reports, Venus works so hard on her game, and apparently harder than Serena though this may be untrue. But still, she's a pleasure to watch when she's playing like this. Instead of talking shit like other players, she just tries to get the job done without any dramas.

I want Venus to win the final. :bounce: And welcome to the top five, Ana! :hearts:

IAM#1
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Go Venus!!!

GoDominique
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Like every other player, Venus is not always gracious.

drez
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:20 PM
couldn't have said it better!

BrandClay
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Go Vee!

mr_burns
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:21 PM
it hink she wasn't in w final 05....just my opinion

tennisbear7
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Well you know, more so than other players. I was just riding on post-match euphoria, even though my fave lost. :lol:

woosey
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:30 PM

why because she was so excited? how silly. can't even celebrate a victory without some of you getting your panties in a twist.

Highlandman
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:31 PM
:yeah:

Yes, Venus is a really fair and classy winner & loser. She showed it so so many times now.

Ana is a fair loser as well.

GrandSlam05
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Venus can get snippy at times, usually when provoked. But Serena is the one that is more of a natural bitch, but Serena is the one I like LOL.

tennisbear7
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Venus can get snippy at times, usually when provoked. But Serena is the one that is more of a natural bitch, but Serena is the one I like LOL.

LOL. Serena is a classic. "Formal education", "stellar career"... I love how she handles others. :drool:

kiwifan
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM
LOL. Serena is a classic. "Formal education", "stellar career"... I love how she handles others. :drool:

Vee and Ree have differen't styles but I love them both...

...in front of reporters and on the court. :cool:

tonythetiger
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Venus was totally gracious and complimentary of Davenport. She was just overly excited because no one expected her to beat Sharapova and Davenport back to back. No one is perfect and I'm sure that V has bad days like everybody else.

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:57 PM

:haha: i love her....i love the way she puts things as well..she didnt go out full bitch saying something like 'my careers amazing...he had one wimbledon title and he WISHES he was me' she says 'i have a more stellar career' hilarious. :drool::lol: