PDA

View Full Version : probably maria cant defend her USO title

Sassy-Na
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM
serena, venus and ana can overpower her.

juju, momo and nicole are good enough to beat her in 2 or 3 sets too.

anyway, i think she will still be in top 10 in this year.

Sugar_Kane
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:25 PM
She doesn't deserve to defend it.

I will have lost all faith in the WTA if she makes it out of the 3rd round!

hablo
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:27 PM
serena, venus and ana can overpower her.

juju, momo and nicole are good enough to beat her in 2 or 3 sets too.

anyway, i think she will still be in top 10 in this year.
Scratch Momo out of that list. Her form is not back yet.
I don't see Sharpie leaving the top three/five, honestly.

GrandSlam05
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Please god don't let that girl get her 3rd major.

Monica_Rules
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Don't coun her out. She'll be back.

Once her shoulder is ok, she'll be serving better and will play better.

Brooks.
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:33 PM
she'll go deep but she'll lose to the first good player she faces

her performances against the top players this year have been, well um how do i put it, "special" :help:

justineheninfan
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:36 PM
She will get walloped by any of Venus, Serena, or Justine. She will lose to Ivanovic, Vaidisova, Kuznetsova, Jankovic, as well.

Bijoux0021
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:36 PM
One thing for sure the organizers are going to make sure that Sharapova gets the easiest draw. If there's a heavy half, we all know she won't be on that side.

Bijoux0021
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:40 PM

her performances against the top players this year have been, well um how do i put it, "special" :help:
That's why they'll make sure to keep any good player away from her until the semis. But it's getting harder to do that now, because there are lots of good players who are getting better.

SharapovaFan16
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM
u guys are pathetic lol... vaidsova beating sharapova? give me a break

sfselesfan
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:43 PM
u guys are pathetic lol... vaidsova beating sharapova? give me a break

Take Vaidisova out of the list, I agree. But everyone else stands a good shot. Maria needs to add some variety. Vaidisova is still too streaky.

SF

GrandSlam05
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:44 PM
That's why they'll make sure to keep any good player away from her until the semis. But it's getting harder to do that now, because there are lots of good players who are getting better.

Also with all these other pretty girls coming up like Ana, Vaidisova etc, they may not give Sharapova an easy draw anymore. She is being replaced.

mboyle
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:45 PM
One thing for sure the organizers are going to make sure that Sharapova gets the easiest draw. If there's a heavy half, we all know she won't be on that side.

Right just like how they gave her Venus in the Round of 16 on the only surface Venus is a factor on.

bellascarlett
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:46 PM
People here need to get a life...obsessing too much over someone you dislike is pathetic. :lol:

And really, Wimbledon is going on and you're talking about Sharapova?! And most people here are her trolls...:rolls:

mboyle
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Also with all these other pretty girls coming up like Ana, Vaidisova etc, they may not give Sharapova an easy draw anymore. She is being replaced.

It is impossible to fix the draw. If you analyze Maria's draws statistically, they're not abnormal at all. Even when she kept drawing Petrova, Nadia was always a different seed. The draws are completely random. They are done on live television in front of hundreds of people. I know some people aren't intelligent enough to abandon conspiracy theories, but please...grow up.

SeaUrchin
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM
She'll lose in the 4th round again.

bellascarlett
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Right just like how they gave her Venus in the Round of 16 on the only surface Venus is a factor on.

That poster won't quit screaming about that even if he looks like a complete fool. :lol:

mboyle
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Take Vaidisova out of the list, I agree. But everyone else stands a good shot. Maria needs to add some variety. Vaidisova is still too streaky.

SF

Maria needs to learn to get to net. She's working on it. Venus hasn't beaten anyone important at a major besides Wimbledon since the Australian Open 2003. I'm worried about Justine, Serena and Ana.

GrandSlam05
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:50 PM
It is impossible to fix the draw. If you analyze Maria's draws statistically, they're not abnormal at all. Even when she kept drawing Petrova, Nadia was always a different seed. The draws are completely random. They are done on live television in front of hundreds of people. I know some people aren't intelligent enough to abandon conspiracy theories, but please...grow up.

Some people aren't intelligent enough to understand sarcasm.

SeaUrchin
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Don't you just get it? Sharapova = Hewitt. She won more than she deserved (according to her limited talent) for some time with her "I'll do anything to win" mentality and injuries of better girls. Now that the top girls are back she will be a regular SF, QF, 4th rounder, nothing more.

Bijoux0021
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:54 PM
uh shut the hell up! Who are you kidding? Venus just started playing like she's capable of in her last 3 matches. Remember? If Venus wasn't on "decline" as most people on this board were saying not too long ago, I bet they would have put Venus on the same side as Serena just to give their "IT" girl a pass.

sweetpeas
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM
And really, Wimbledon is going on and you're talking about Sharapova?! And most people here are her trolls...

AMEN!

Warrior
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:01 PM
She doesn't deserve to defend it.

I will have lost all faith in the WTA if she makes it out of the 3rd round!

:weirdo:

Russianboy
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:07 PM
thats so ridiculous, trolls:rolls:

Edward.
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Thats funny, I distinctly remember Maria beating Venus in Miami.

Doesn't Queen Vee qualify as a top player anymore?

sfselesfan
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Maria needs to learn to get to net. She's working on it. Venus hasn't beaten anyone important at a major besides Wimbledon since the Australian Open 2003. I'm worried about Justine, Serena and Ana.

Agreed completely.

SF

iPatty
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Don't you just get it? Sharapova = Hewitt. She won more than she deserved (according to her limited talent) for some time with her "I'll do anything to win" mentality and injuries of better girls. Now that the top girls are back she will be a regular SF, QF, 4th rounder, nothing more.

i kinda see the analogy, but it isn't a good one.

hewitt won slams and matches because he never missed a ball. that's not the case with maria.
she'll maybe win a couple more slams in her career, but i doubt she'll win as many thought she would.

the girls behind her are hitting just as hard but are moving better and are developing a slice. she's losing her advantage.

Princeza
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:16 PM
You're 20 Maria, time to retire now.